LONG Building Technologies

LONG Building Technologies Employee Reviews

United States50 reviews

Decent

If your single, inexperienced, this will be a good fit for you. If you have a family the insurance will cost a fortune. If you are experienced in electrical, it will be a what is going on here moment….. All in all depends on who you are.

Good company for the most part

I saw for the most part because there was LOTS of pressure on the techs to work off the clock to keep poorly bid jobs afloat. I never went along with that and was ultimately let go at least in part because of that. In general, the people I worked with were great. My direct management were friendly, respectful, and cared about me. This is a very modern company when it comes to attitudes toward employees. They really understand happy employees are good employees. The wage was fair for me. The biggest thing they lacked was a training program for new employees. You're just left to ask around to help people and hopefully learn along the way.

Pros

Great company culture in general.

Cons

Expectation to work off the clock or travel a few hours to various job sites on your own time.

LONG Building Technologies insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Hostile, unprofessional and toxic office

Management is dismissive and unprofessional. There is low expectations of the employees and the office culture.The best part is the flexible work hours.

I have never had an employer care so much about their employees.

I have been here for over 8 years and am extremely blessed to call it home. We are treated like family. I have been given the tools to advance within the company and am proud of my accomplishments.

LONG, is a large company, but yet everyone makes you feel like family.

At LONG, you really do feel like a part of a team that is here to really make a difference in the different trades we support. HVAC, Security and Fire, Automated Controls, Equipment sales.LONG takes care of it's employee's and goes above and beyond on getting them trained to be successful and provide our customers the best customer service.Sure there is stress at times. There is with any job. LONG is very good about rewarding it's hard working employees and showing their appreciation and dedication to the company.

Great place to work.

Worked there for around 5 years. Never had any complaints. People were great, management was great. Felt like this was a company I could have stayed with for much longer.

Pros

Treated well by coworkers and management.

Cons

A bit stressful.

All good

Best company I’ve ever worked for . Great management team. Family oriented. Listens to their employees. Good benefits. CEO is outstanding. Overall, EXCELLENT!

Pros

Cons

On Call

Productive reliable workplace

Excellent place to work for. When the customer, the company and the coworker are all equal parts... you have excellence in product, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction

Wouldn’t recommend working here

Poor pay, not a liveable wage, also very poor work environment. Overworked and under compensated. Management isn’t good, they are very unclear and seem like a mess. Not a friendly work environment

Pros

Cons

Long days, no flexibility in schedule, poor work life balance, poor pay, poor management, poor everything

Fast-paced and challenging. Good people.

I enjoyed my work experience. Fast-pace keeps you on your toes. There's always more to get done so it's never boring. If you like to learn, this would be great place to find employment.

Pros

good benefits, good culture, fair pay

Cons

Demanding

Work/life balance, good pay and benefits

This is a great place to work. LONG continuously wins Best Places To Work awards, and they really try hard to take care of their people. Good management team with a positive culture. They are at the forefront of technology in their field, and they offer lots of training in order to maintain this edge. The rush to push and meet construction deadlines doesn't happen here anywhere near as much as other companies, and they never ask you to cut corners.

Pros

Snacks, healthcare, gym

The employees are great to get along with

Management didn't do a lot to support you. Felt my co-workers and peers did more to support me. Most of the management was concerned with the bottom line and how to make money.

Rise and fall

Company has been established for some time but lacks leadership for its continued growth. Long was a company that four years ago would take time to help their technicians for training or troubleshooting. Long has grown too fast and doesn't have the staff to cover its Denver territory. Long service department used to take their associates out twice a year for family events, that's all been cut out due to budget costs. General manager continuously pushes sales men to sell, sell, sell but does not have the technicians to cover the sells growth. General manager constantly micro manages associates via GPS or cell phone calls. General manager beats around the bush when asking questions about a job or a problem. General manger can never give a straight answer. Service manager does not have any management skills and pretty much has a circle of technicians that he trusts. Techs are promised training but upper management never schedules time because the General manager does want to pay the extra hours. Company promises plenty of training but technicians are left out to dry. Apprentices are hired and taught how to change belts and filters but are rarely taken on a service call to learn anything. Long has a hired one veteran technician to do the job of two service managers. Veteran technician doesn't have any support from management and is micro managed via the GM. Many technicians stay away from the office in fear of being hounded by the GM about his time or work. The project team has so many projects on its plate it can't keep up. The constant use of the same technicians over and over -

Amazing

I am a sales engineer for this company working on design of HVAC systems for diverse group of clients. Work and compensation is very reasonable for this trade. Great place to work they have an excellent team and it is very rewarding.

No direction

There was no direction at this company and I saw no upward mobility. This company was very non inclusive. Given the opportunity I would not work for this company again.

Good company

Worked out of my house and took care of southwest Wyoming, good pay, company truck, paid for clothing, cell phone, computer, any training you want, very respected in Wyoming

Good old boys club

Out for their own agenda. Management don’t communicate with each other they are never on the same page. Training is horrible. No consistency with treatment between employees.

Great Job Culture In the Construction Industry

Typically, I would start the week in the office. We would have a little meeting, and then I would drive to the job site I was working on. Then I would spend the week working on that job site. Typically I would work 10-12 hour days, and then I would have a 3 day weekend every week. I would spend much of my day verifying that devices, controllers, and programs worked according to spec. I would consult with electricians, plumbers, and project managers about my HVAC controls. I enjoyed the programming and getting a building to run smoothly. I did not enjoy the blame game or the bravado that runs rampant in the construction industry.

Pros

3 day weekends

Cons

Long days that sometimes feel like constantly banging your head into the wall.

Horrible

Without a doubt the worst management team I have ever worked for. I was continually lied to about advancement opportunities. Those who did get the job were extremely under qualified,

Stressful at times but overall a good place to work

LONG is a great place to work, however, I think communication within the organization could be vastly improved. The culture of the business is hard working but fun at times.

Ping Pong Table

My typical day in the new location was to find a desk, get my quotes completed, then make my cold calls. Most enjoyable part of my job was some of the people I worked with.

Pros

Working with some good people

Cons

the Heathcare coverage was awful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONG Building Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits