LONG BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall good company
Service Technician/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 4, 2018
Company started out very well, but then changed management in several divisions and the culture changed. Had a hard time adjusting to the changes in management.
Great place to work.
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2017
Relaxed culture. Reasonably autonomous. Sufficient technical resources to help with problems when encountered. There are a number of long time employees showing there is a low turnover.
Pros
Personal accountability instead of micro-management; sufficient support when needed.
Cons
Slightly lower wages than some other places; lack of career paths.
poor management
Service manager/service tech/ estimator/ sales (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 9, 2017
very poor excuse for management. Greedy and very unprofessional. Interested in personal advancement only and not company minded.
Pushy and unwilling to listen to employee suggestions about new customers and project opportunities
Must keep quiet
DDC Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoOctober 20, 2017
I was told that I must shut my mouth and fall in line when I tried to defend myself when another employee blamed me for something he did. I wasn't happy about that, though I continued my work. A few months later I was laid off for "lack of work for me"
Under new management things have really gone downhill
Project Manager I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2017
Very disjointed organization. New management does not think highly of operations. All the encouragement is going toward the sales force, many of who are new to the industry and have no contacts. Because of this sales are low.
Competitive but fun place to work.
Account Manager, Building Automation (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 2, 2017
LONG is a well-run company and a great place to work! You can develop your skills and rise to a very high level here. They believe in training and promoting from within. There are many opportunities to enjoy company-sponsored activities. LONG has great benefits and a healthy culture.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Must keep up with technology
Good Evironment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2017
Overall good workplace. The company has a solid foundation and proves to stay ahead of the technology curve. I would recommend working for this company.
Fast Paced, Technical
Electrical Apprentice/ Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2016
Day at work starts around 6 AM. Meet with your co-workers on, or near, the jobsite. Pull wire, Terminate wires on controllers, Run Pipe, and Carry ladders. Learned a lot about bending pipe and wire terminations. Co-workers are generally easy going and there to work but there are some with a bigger ego. Paid for me to go to electrical school while I worked for the company, which I am very thankful for. LONG is a great company with very modern ideas about business. They care greatly about the employees they have and treat them with respect.
Pros
Great co-worker environment, Off around 2:30 pm with no weekends
Cons
heavy lifting and sore muscles
Easy going place to work
Accounting/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 21, 2016
I was hired to assist our payroll manager. I handled all weekly payroll for 5 different states. I also ran the mail machine weekly. Later, I handled all sales and use tax responsibilities. Collected data, reviewed all information, prepared and payed taxes. Also payed payroll taxes and certified payroll duties.
Good people who let me work independently
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 7, 2016
I knew what was expected of me while I was at work. I was given assignments and then not micromanaged, my managers trusted me to get it done correctly and on time, and I delivered.
I learned a lot about industry specific parts, contracts and accounting.
Management was excellent at letting me know what they needed me to do, what needs to go where, etc. They were also very understanding and flexible with my schedule when I asked. My co-workers were very nice. for the most part they let me know with proper notice when they needed something and when they needed it.
The hardest part of this job was balancing my many duties and knowing which should take priorities. The most enjoyable part was knowing that i was an essential part of the team. I was involved in a small way in just about every job we did.
Pros
Independence, good relationship with management, enjoyable co-workers
Cons
No chance for advancement, fluid ownership/management
Small Company
Lead for Certified Payroll & backup for HR Mgr (Former Employee) –  EnglewoodOctober 7, 2015
Was promised advancement and never got it. Nice people to work with, although management did not accept criticism well.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management did not listen
They value their employees
Admin (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 24, 2015
LONG is a company that truly values it's employees. Flexible work schedule, managers who maintain an "Open Door Policy", good benefits package, and a nice corporate office. There are many staff who have been with the company for 10+ years and they all have great things to say about the company, which gave me peace in deciding to work here.
Pros
Flexibility, professional growth, friendly staff
Good work atmosphere
HVAC Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2015
LONG has been a good place to work with a large product portfolio and a positive position in the market place with a good customer following.
People like working here
Administration (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 6, 2014
Tenure at the company is good with an average 10+ years. I am empowered to do my job on a daily basis, am not micromanaged, and am given freedom to make strategic decisions. I work on the corporate/admin side and enjoy my job overall.
Pros
Flexible working hours, nice coworkers, people like being here for the most part
Cons
Benefits are expensive if you have a family
The company has zero structure and will feed you full of lies to get you to stay on board with them
Licensed Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Casper WY.November 2, 2014
They will make working for them seem like an awesome opportunity. Once employed there you will be made promises that will never happen and eventually be laid off due to horrible sales department or fired for false reasons.
Pros
Cant think of any
managment is horrible.
Licensed Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  casper wyMarch 21, 2014
Great company. Horrible management in Wyoming security solutions branch. Promises made and not kept.
Worst manager ever
BAS Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2013
Here's how you demoralize a great group of intelligent self-motivated control techs: Call a meeting and in that meeting tell them if they don't like it here they can leave. Then pound your fist on the table while telling them to "do it my way". Turnover predictably went way up.
Pros
Good salary, benefits.
Cons
Management.
Good reliable company
Controls Tech (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 12, 2012
Good company to work for. But with all the management changes
"management loyalty to long time employees" does not exist.
Pros
good reliable company
Cons
"management loyalty to long time employees" does not exist.
Wonderful Place to work
Officer Manager/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2012
LONG truely cares about their employees and offers a great benefits package.
to quote management:"It's my way or the Highway"
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 29, 2012
Never ever again. Maybe changing the Controller would make a difference. Woman are not valued in the Accounting department
Pros
paycheck is on time
Cons
to many to count

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONG BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

LONG BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES Reviews by Location