LONG Building Technologies logo
LONG Building Technologies

LONG Building Technologies Employee Reviews

The employees are great to get along with

Management didn't do a lot to support you. Felt my co-workers and peers did more to support me. Most of the management was concerned with the bottom line and how to make money.

Work/life balance, good pay and benefits

This is a great place to work. LONG continuously wins Best Places To Work awards, and they really try hard to take care of their people. Good management team with a positive culture. They are at the forefront of technology in their field, and they offer lots of training in order to maintain this edge. The rush to push and meet construction deadlines doesn't happen here anywhere near as much as other companies, and they never ask you to cut corners.

Pros

Snacks, healthcare, gym

Rise and fall

Company has been established for some time but lacks leadership for its continued growth. Long was a company that four years ago would take time to help their technicians for training or troubleshooting. Long has grown too fast and doesn't have the staff to cover its Denver territory. Long service department used to take their associates out twice a year for family events, that's all been cut out due to budget costs. General manager continuously pushes sales men to sell, sell, sell but does not have the technicians to cover the sells growth. General manager constantly micro manages associates via GPS or cell phone calls. General manager beats around the bush when asking questions about a job or a problem. General manger can never give a straight answer. Service manager does not have any management skills and pretty much has a circle of technicians that he trusts. Techs are promised training but upper management never schedules time because the General manager does want to pay the extra hours. Company promises plenty of training but technicians are left out to dry. Apprentices are hired and taught how to change belts and filters but are rarely taken on a service call to learn anything. Long has a hired one veteran technician to do the job of two service managers. Veteran technician doesn't have any support from management and is micro managed via the GM. Many technicians stay away from the office in fear of being hounded by the GM about his time or work. The project team has so many projects on its plate it can't keep up. The constant use of the same technicians over and over -

Amazing

I am a sales engineer for this company working on design of HVAC systems for diverse group of clients. Work and compensation is very reasonable for this trade. Great place to work they have an excellent team and it is very rewarding.

No direction

There was no direction at this company and I saw no upward mobility. This company was very non inclusive. Given the opportunity I would not work for this company again.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good company

Worked out of my house and took care of southwest Wyoming, good pay, company truck, paid for clothing, cell phone, computer, any training you want, very respected in Wyoming

Good old boys club

Out for their own agenda. Management don’t communicate with each other they are never on the same page. Training is horrible. No consistency with treatment between employees.

Great Job Culture In the Construction Industry

Typically, I would start the week in the office. We would have a little meeting, and then I would drive to the job site I was working on. Then I would spend the week working on that job site. Typically I would work 10-12 hour days, and then I would have a 3 day weekend every week. I would spend much of my day verifying that devices, controllers, and programs worked according to spec. I would consult with electricians, plumbers, and project managers about my HVAC controls. I enjoyed the programming and getting a building to run smoothly. I did not enjoy the blame game or the bravado that runs rampant in the construction industry.

Pros

3 day weekends

Cons

Long days that sometimes feel like constantly banging your head into the wall.

Horrible

Without a doubt the worst management team I have ever worked for. I was continually lied to about advancement opportunities. Those who did get the job were extremely under qualified,

Stressful at times but overall a good place to work

LONG is a great place to work, however, I think communication within the organization could be vastly improved. The culture of the business is hard working but fun at times.

Jobs at LONG Building Technologies

See more jobs

Ping Pong Table

My typical day in the new location was to find a desk, get my quotes completed, then make my cold calls. Most enjoyable part of my job was some of the people I worked with.

Pros

Working with some good people

Cons

the Heathcare coverage was awful

Okay

I have appreciated the experience and skills developed while working at Long. Compensation is adequate for someone seeking an inside sales position, but upward mobility can be difficult and tasks can become monotonous.

A wonderful work environment full of great people.

I worked at LONG for two summers and would wholeheartedly go back. I was one of the only teen workers in the office but was still treated with respect throughout the office. My manager was great and really helped me build both my resume and job experience and really taught me more about the work force in general. The office is a really fun place with a wonderful HR team that coordinates tons of events around the office, including a great Christmas party and charity events.

Former Technician

Feels like family even though it is a large company. I gained many friends and network connections. They have the best technical resouces in the business.

Pros

Many opportunitis to learn

Cons

You have to be able to learn on your own

Casted Away

I felt very casted away when I had asked for more income from our higher-ups. Not only was I going through a hardship in my life, I wasn't making as much as I felt I should for what my duties required. Bonuses were divided very unfairly where support employees seems to be shafted. When I left they replaced my position with 2 separate individuals, implying that my position was not meant for just one person. Though this place has amazing potential, I believe that there was a lot of unfair decision making and greediness that will not leave.

Poor Management

I only worked there for 2 months, I was hired as an HR/Payroll Coordinator and they knew I had no experience in payroll, but were ok with that and stated they were going to train me and check to make sure I was doing it correctly, but that never happened. I was left to fend for myself, getting to ask questions once and a while and not the complete answer, as she left some key things out that messed up the employee's payroll. I felt left in the dark about how to do the payroll system.

Watch your back at this place

The Controller at the time was very nice and seemed to really care about the staff, the Accounting Manager however, was the complete opposite. If there was a bus, you'd be thrown under it time and time again. There was no camaraderie, no sense of team. I was in school full time as well, and once I completed my degree program, there was no managerial acknowledgement. I didn't expect a ticker tape parade, but my salary was commensurate on Education and Experience, so if my education increased, I am more valuable, however, i was not made to fell as such. This lowered my morale, which in turn lowered my performance, and eventually caused us to part ways

Pros

too few to mention

Cons

to many to count

Stay away!!!

Horrible!! They do not value long time employees. They just shovel more work on your plate and refuse to compensate you for the extra work but the managers freely give themselves bonuses for your hard work and do nothing to show their employees that they are valued. The HR department covers for managers mistakes and turn it around to blame the employee and make it sound like the employee is at fault. There is zero accountability for the managers from the higher ups!!! The managers are never available to help new employees, leaving the seasoned employees to pick up their slack. I do not recommend this company!

Pros

Not enough to out weigh the cons

Cons

Too many to list

Official response from LONG Building Technologies

August 6, 2018
We are sorry to hear you feel this is how LONG operates. Our employees are our top priority, and we work very diligently to make sure the needs of our employees are met, and that we regularly assess work load across our teams. LONG has been voted a Top Workplace 2015 - 2018, as well as a Great Place to Work, and will continue to maintain the standard of excellence that helped us reach that level. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Long is a wonderful place to work

Smaller company with a family feel Stable and employee engagement focused Long-term employees Fun, rewarding culture Growing company, with great future potential

Great place to work.

Relaxed culture. Reasonably autonomous. Sufficient technical resources to help with problems when encountered. There are a number of long time employees showing there is a low turnover.

Pros

Personal accountability instead of micro-management; sufficient support when needed.

Cons

Slightly lower wages than some other places; lack of career paths.

poor management

very poor excuse for management. Greedy and very unprofessional. Interested in personal advancement only and not company minded. Pushy and unwilling to listen to employee suggestions about new customers and project opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONG Building Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• LONG Building Technologies