Long Island Association For Aids Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Loss of Funding
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 1, 2018
In December, 40% of the staff was laid off due to lack of funding. Since then, two other major funders have pulled their funding as well. Almost all staff that are still there are looking to leave. If you are looking for a temporary job to gain a little experience, then this job may be for you. However, it is unsure if the agency will be open much longer due to continued lack of funding and lack of staff to meet deliverables.
Agency is losing funds
Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 16, 2018
This agency just laid off half of its employees due to the CEO misusing funds. They lost state funding and it wont be long until more funding is cut. Anyone who is left is seeking employment elsewhere. Dont work here unless you want a VERY temporary job.
Good people.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Employees and managers are wonderful people to work with.
Environment is generally positive.
A good balance of work throughout the day.
Benefits are pretty good, but could use improvement.
Benefits: Health and Dental. No Vision. Pension after 5 years, Life Insurance.
Founder misuses grant funds which affects grant funding.
I worked at LIAAC in the mid 80's at the height of the AIDS epidemic with some of the pioneers in AIDS care.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYDecember 12, 2017
I worked with the most dedicated, progressive group of people I could ever hope to encounter. The work was challenging and incredibly rewarding. Very sad in many ways, but I learned so much about the human spirit and I am always proud of my time at LIAAC. The most difficult part of the job was the discrimination, fear and ignorance our clients were confronted with on a daily basis. I am glad I could fall on the right side of history when looking back at the struggles to combat this dreadful disease and that now happily people are living a full live despite their diagnosis.
Pros
Rewarding.
Cons
All consuming.
Strict rules and policies that are frustrating and restricting.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 3, 2013
Not a friendly or happy place to work. Turnover of employees is extremely high because the agency expects a lot and gives nothing.