Long Island Plastic Surgical Group Employee Reviews

Toxic work environment petty office politics poor management from the supervisor and manager
Patient Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 30, 2019
The management was very poor. The supervisor had office favorites. The office has cliques among the working staff and management encourages this toxic environment. They will also schedule you for overtime without asking your availability and they will not pay for overtime. The supervisor is involved in petty office politics and will encourage gossip so that she can learn what is going on in the office. She uses the office workers gossip rather than actually observing personally.
Pros
Office setting
Cons
No overtime pay but will schedule overtime hours
LIPSG is committed to delivering the highest level of satisfaction, not only to our patients, but to our employees as well. Those in Management and Hu
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 1, 2019
Those in Management and Human Resources are always looking for new and unique ways to support employees, and cultivate a strong culture of belonging, ownership, value and meaning to each employee.

We are growing quickly which presents its challenges, but we are working hard to make sure that our employees to know that their priorities are our priorities. We often have to make long-term business decisions such as our implementation of UltiPro and our new Paid Time Off policy, and we are hopeful that our changes will be embraced quickly and add value to the practice's long and short term strategy.
Pros
Free injectables; free med spa treatments
productive, great place to work for
Patient Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 14, 2019
very fast paced, busy days. great place to work for. Everyone is great to work with, a lot of team effort, everyone looks out for one another. Managers are always helpful
Awful management!
Prr (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 1, 2018
The doctors are wonderful but unfortunately with the exception of the director of the company and a very few directors/supervisors this company is so mismanaged. It is a revolving door and I firmly believe it’s due to poor management.
Prr
PRR (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 1, 2018
I am a success due to the knowledgeable and supportive colleagues in the Human Resources Department. They have made the place great. The HR Director manages very well and cares about the staff. I think it is the best job ever!
Pros
Lipsg u, Benefits, educational assistance
Cons
High cost to medical but that is not their fault.
Great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 13, 2018
great place, lots of great people, great benefits, nice staff, hard working, HR and marketing are filled with nice people, surgeons are the best, dr. glickman and douglas are the best!
ok
Cosmetic Surgical Coordinator/Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 8, 2018
I don't really have much to say other than they definitely encouraged my growth and desire to learn. I was constantly being trained on new areas of the job.
Good Company
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 21, 2017
The doctors are great to work with they care about the patients and the nurses are wonderful. They are professional, and most important there are multiple locations and hospitals they work with.
N/a
Patient Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 28, 2017
This job showed me what I actually want to do in life. I learned how to work in a very high volume office, which helped prepare me for the work I do now.
Revolving door
Medical Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 20, 2015
No one stayed here. This place could not get it together . to many chief not enough Indians. I would NEVER go back here. MANAGEMENT SUCKED
Patient Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  .March 19, 2015
The patients are awesome. My coworkers are great. They are flexible and work around your schedule within reason and when possible
Example of a typical day
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 2, 2014
I start my day at the stroke of 8:00 AM ready to log in to my computer, Everyday I
1. Review my e-mails and the web site of all the insurance companies to include my review of our Electronic clearing house- Gateway, obtain all EOB's that pertain to my physician and his assistant PA.
2. Process the EOB's for the claims processed by the insurance companies for that day. Update my log that I maintain Self Pay, Negotiations.
3. Prepare the Appeals for the claims incorrectly processed for that day. Prepare the Statements being sent to the patient's based on the claims that were processed that day.
4. Start working my TO DO list for that day, reviewing/Calling insurance companies for claims that are due to be received by that date, claims that were received that are due to be processed for payment by that day.
5. Update have a running e-mail to my Department Director of all claims that have processed and we are expecting that payment to be coming into the office as of that day.
6. As I call the insurance companies I also work off of a current A/R report to work the oldest claims and the highest dollar claims first, and then work line by line by Ins. Company.
7. We host weekly meeting to do over current trends of how a claim is being processed by a particular insurance company and share that information with co-workers.
8. I research all my appeals to have current CMS billing guidelines, CCI edits, or if a plan is to process in accordance to Fair Health Bench Mark and calculate the payment that should have come in compared to the payment we actually received.
  more... Print out all the web site attachments to show where I am obtaining all my facts from and then putting together all the claim particulars to get additional money based on my research.
9. My coworkers and I share all pertinent appeal processes that have proven to be a swift favorable response to our appeals.
10.The hardest part of my day is when a patient passes away. I usually have a relationship and have been working on their outstanding claims that they are now gone, and I get to inform the doctor. .
Pros
Free-range to structure my day accordingly
Cons
Running out of time and not getting to all the appeals that need to be written
The company is a great place to work
Collections/Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 24, 2014
The company was a great place to work. The are affiliated with great causes and the patients are the main concern as they are mainly cancer patient.
fast pace plastic surgery group
-great co-workers
-new things to learn each day
- change of environment
- meetings/seminars always available
-largest plastic surgery group in the country
- multiple doctors and med spa
Learning experience in Plastic Surgery
Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Garden City and FlushingNovember 26, 2013
Daily work schedule varies at different times.
I learned a lot about Plastic Surgery, a combination of cosmetics and reconstructive procedures.
Management was poor with limited communication.
Co-workers were helpful and easy to get along.
Hardest part was to commute from main headquarters to satellite locations.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to experience a difference aspect of the medical field - Plastic Surgery.
Pros
easy parking in Garden City
Cons
poor management
.Meeting and greeting patients. Hosting seminars in the evenings for purpose of informing and developing new potential "cosmetic" patients
Front Desk Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Working for the largest 'Plastic Surgical " office in the State made my experience at "LIPS" quiet memorable and exciting.
I enjoyed informing and developing strong relatiionships with my patients. Sales of products and finding "perfect fit" for each individual patient.
Pros
Meeting and "interviewing" patients, bonding.
Cons
No room for advancement. Monetaril
Accounts Receivable / Collections (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 7, 2013
Called on claim denials to insurance companies.
Not a good place, bad management.
Very nice Co-workers.
Daily Activites
Lead Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 8, 2013
- Review and prioritize the work for the day
- Enter charges and payments
- Translate for patients
- Trouble shoot account issues with patients and/or employees

Over all I have a great group of coworkers that I work with.

I don't believe there is a hard part of my day. Challenges, however do arise regarding contacting other health organizations to obtain appropriate and corrected documentations. This tend to slow the day down but nonetheless manageble.

The most rewarding part of my day is working hand in hand with the doctors and knowing that they are enthusiad with my work. Another rewarding part of my job is being able to help and answer anyone's questions in helping making their day easier.
Pros
Great Staff, Flexible Schedules, Nice Location
Cons
Minimal education and growth.
Nice place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 30, 2013
medical dept was very new, not much that i can say was not there for a long period of time to give more detail
Pros
open to change
Cons
Need more information regarding collection procedures