Long John Silvers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,241 reviews matching the search See all 1,246 reviews
Easy Day
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSApril 23, 2018
In my position at Long John Silvers, my day was pretty easy. As long as I kept busy, I was left alone and the stress was minimal. The General Manager did jump in and help us almost every day, The hardest part of the job was if labor was low, I would get sent home which in turn would reflect on my check.
Pros
Cons
High labor leads to my hours getting cut.
Worked with customers to provide food.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 21, 2018
A typical day included working either at the register with money or cooking in the back. The management was extremely easy to work with and made working a lot of fun.
Pretty Fair company
Team Member/GM (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLApril 19, 2018
While I worked there I was a Team member at first and it was nice because all the employees were so nice and loved to work with each other, for the most part, everyone has their own personal problems. I was a hard-working employee that never got a complaint or written up, When I was promoted I did not feel like I was paid as much as others, even though I had been told by multiple people how great of a job I did. I left for that purpose aside from that it was a great place to work.
Pros
free/discounted meals
Cons
wage
They can do better
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHApril 17, 2018
The pay for the general manager position could and should be a bit higher. But it’s a fast paced place with slow periods management are great people the if your not in management it’s a waste of your time UNLESS YOU WORK YOUR BUT OFF THOSE PEOPLE ARE REWARDED WITH PLENTY OF HOURS AS THEY SHOULD BE.
Pros
Free food paid vacation after a yr
Cons
Barley get raises
Very unprofessional
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 17, 2018
Horrible benefits and work environment, wouldn't recommend. GM would smoke cigarettes in the back and workers were all highschool kids who didn't care about following rules. Would be different if someone actually hired good managers to keep them on task... shouldn't need to do that but they're kids I guess.
Fast paced and fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cortland, OHApril 16, 2018
Like any fast food place it is face paced. Can be fun at times but main focus is pleasing the customers when they are unhappy. Customers can get stressful at times
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short breaks
It was okay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYApril 11, 2018
It was okay. the work is easy super slow. The manager is awful though she makes everyone miserable. Things could have been taken care of better. Gave discounts on days working.
Pros
discounts on days working.
Cons
manager not very accommodating or civil.
Slow, or extremely busy. No in between.
Cook (Current Employee) –  BypassApril 9, 2018
Pay is terrible. Advancement and raises take too long. Paid time off occurs every check however. Too many personal issues inside the work place. Great job for school kids.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Hours and pay
Poorly Ran
Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Frankfort, ILApril 9, 2018
Poorly ran a long with poor management. Not very cleaned nor professional. Said one thing did another. Not very friendly with each other and not good of taking care of store.
Low pay high stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2018
I liked working for Long John Silvers because it was fast paced and the menu was simple. There was a high turnover which means you are constantly training someone new so, u end up being the more experienced one and do most of the work. Pay better and you might be able to retain long term employee relationships.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
fun place to work but doesnt offer many hours a lot of split shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILApril 9, 2018
loved my co workers but did not like split shifts pay was just minimum wage would work 4 hrs leave for two hours and come back to work 3 to 4 hours I always smelled like grease
Managment was poor attitude within every employee that worked there no communication whatsoever
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKApril 8, 2018
Manager was poorly trained couldn't even train me gave me attitude with everything I asked about how to do something pertaining to the job I'd get attitude and poor instructions
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No benifits no communication within the workplacr
Something for now
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 7, 2018
This is very fast paced! But the food is easy to prep. They could pay more but we know how corporates run things! This job is to get on your feet. Dont expect alot of free time they run you til you die then replace you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits. Low wage
Great
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 7, 2018
Great hard worker determine quick learners super great bad innocent innovation good encasement area rough Shreveport Louisiana could do much better keep
Enjoyed my time there
Cook (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, TNApril 5, 2018
I was a first shift cook at many years ago so this review doesn't necessarily what the company is currently like to work for. It was great when I was there. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed except during the lunch rush and management was pretty laid back and easy to get along with. As long as you did your job management treated you like you had been friends forever. When we had employees who weren't doing what they were supposed to the managers still handled it in a positive, professional way.
Pros
Excellent management, good work environment
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
I loved it there.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Peru, INApril 4, 2018
Everyone was so nice. Management knew what they were doing and I got a lot of hours. Nothing to complain about any ways. Loved going to work every day.
Pros
Free lunch
n/a
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILApril 4, 2018
this was my first job when I was 16 I enjoyed it but my opinion or review of the place is irrelevant because I have worked there in years so no need to state anything
Company was good
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 3, 2018
New management came in and decided to change things that I didnt agree with. It is a fast pace company especially during Lent becasue Catholics dont eat anything but fish.
Friendly
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILApril 2, 2018
Managment made you feel like you were at home. most customers were regulars so everyone knew everyone. some days were stressful and sometimes employees didnt get along but overall best job i ever had
pretty poor
cashier (Former Employee) –  akron ohioApril 2, 2018
a typical day at work was working drive through and cash register for front when the manager disappeared, which was often closer to the end of the night.