Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Found 2,207 reviews matching the search See all 2,224 reviews
It should be a decent place to work but the culture and attitudes make it depressing
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJune 19, 2019
Review of what? Longhorn? People arent there for the company, most that have been there many years are arrogant, disrespectful and outright selfish. Which is why i am looking for a new field of work.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Favoritism, shady management style
Longhorn is a great place to work since we have a new GM
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 19, 2019
Longhorn is a very fast paced place to work.
I have been there for 4 years and have never hated my job. The job requirements are for you to not be lazy and to be a people person.
Nice place
Server (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 19, 2019
I loved it... has kids... had to do right by my family..couldnt work the hours they needed me.. would love to go back if i could. .never tried tho....
Fun and well balanced work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 18, 2019
Mornings are typically slower up until lunch time. Nights are usually busy and more staffed then morning shifts. Asking for days off usually easier than most jobs. Turn over rate is not high, which is nice working with the same people for longer time periods.
Fast Paced
FAMILY RESTURANT SERVER (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 17, 2019
good friends but very little team work. only half the workers have a good work ethic as with any restaurant job. turn and burn style serving. minimal side work each night.
Fun friendly work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJJune 17, 2019
I enjoyed this job very much. It was fast paced with a friendly crew as well as flexibility and lots of things to do. There is growth potential as well as many positions to cross train in if you are looking for a change.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Benefits not fantastic
Its okay
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach SCJune 15, 2019
As a dishwasher my duties far exceeds my title and on top of that my hours were never enough and the amount of work I was given from the start is kind of ridiculous
A fun place to work
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILJune 15, 2019
I enjoyed working in a fast pace environment and a great way to meet new people. The people I worked with I worked with were all so great to be around and helped me when I first started. The management helped push me towards success
Pros
Free sides
Cons
Not anuff hours to work
Management is too passive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 14, 2019
Management does not take charge or handle situations, at least the ones I worked for didn't. I gave my two weeks notice as a hostess because I was working as a busser all of the time and that was not what I signed up for. The restaurant manager sat me down and asked what he could do to make me stay and all I asked was that I do my hired position of hostessing and not bussing. He said that he would make that happen. That night I expected him to keep his word. He didn't! He walked by me and the hostess stand several times, but said nothing. Instead he allowed the other hostesses to run the place as usual, who again had me bus tables the entire night while they sat people. At the end of the night, I asked for the restaurant manager, but he had already gone home, so I let another manager know that I was done.
Great job, awesome atmosphere, solid food.
Server (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 13, 2019
Love everything about the place. It's a great place too eat, i like to use the bathroom here, i like to try new food here, i like to try new drinks here.
Depends on management
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Multiple LocationsJune 12, 2019
Some locations are great. Some not so much. It depends on the region you work in and the managers working there. I have been held back for advancement for a while now.
Productive and fun environment
Host and Busser (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 12, 2019
A typical day at work would be clocking in, greeting/ seating customers, bussing tables, cleaning bathrooms, and helping servers if needed. I've learned to be more patient with people by communicating with them at work.
Pros
free food
Cons
less hours
Quick, customer friendly environment
Server, Service Assistant, and To-go Server (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 12, 2019
This is a very fast paced business. I cleaned tables, seated customers, and took orders when servers needed me to. I dealt with customer complaints and handled them accordingly, whether they needed a manager or a simple fix with their order. I answered the phone and took to-to orders when the bartender was backed up. This company helped me with my people skills and how to handle certain situations.
Ehh worked in the back so it was fun i gess
Certified Trainer, Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2019
i give this job 3 woofs out of 5 woofs a ok place to be. dose it really have to be a long review the place was ok at best and bad at worst there is no.
its a good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 12, 2019
i usually come in, check my side work then go to the host stand for my section. its usually fast paced but not too overwhelming to where u cant handle it, theres a relaxed dim lighting so it has a mellow feel and my co workers are mostly veterans so it runs smoothe.
Pros
good people
Cons
slow weeks
Energetic, goal oriented
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 11, 2019
Very goal oriented. Had set goals which were in place to make sure the establishment would always succeed. Always provide on the job training to old and new employees.
Easy job as a cook if your good, management doesn’t care though
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 11, 2019
If your a good cook you will easily run the line here, everything is clear cut. Management favors front of house and rarely helps back of house. Getting a raise is next to impossible. For a large successful corporate business, they pay their cooks and dishwashers awful wages and expect us to do a lot. Without us, the restaurant wouldn’t run, so you’d think they’d be a little more grateful and not so selfish but that’s life
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long s hours, ungrateful people, lack of general focus and knowledge from others
A good place to work
Host/Server assistant (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 11, 2019
Worked as a host there and it was generally a good job. The workload can be much on fridays and weekends, but it was never overwhelming. The pay was generally on the high end for these sort of jobs.
Productive and fast paced work place with an advancement for higher positions and certifications
Bartender/server (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNJune 9, 2019
Fun people and great food
Fast paced but experience makes it easier
Great money for hard working individuals
A place where good money can be made as long as a server goes after it and doesn't mind working hard.
Pros
Meal discounts for employees and their families, same day pay, good hours
Cons
Large work load, fast paced
company is great
Server (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 8, 2019
Flexible schedule, kind staff, great teamwork. Provides proper training. Definitely gives the opportunity to grow. Overall is an awesome place to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight