Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Found 2,091 reviews matching the search See all 2,107 reviews
Productive and fun place with great people.
Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at work usually started with a steady pace until around 6pm. I learned how to greet and seat people properly as a host at longhorn. The management at Longhorn was great I took a liking to them very quickly. The Culture is a bit different from what I was used to but I adapted and I began to accept and love the culture of the workplace. The hardest part of the job was leaving when I had to. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there with my amazing co workers.
Pros
Co workers, staff after work activities, food
Cons
no room for advancement
Longhorn
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 15, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Longhorn when I did. I learned a lot in the time that I was there. I really would recommend anyone who was into hosting or serving for a living.
Productive, fast paced job.
Line Cook (Salad/Fry) (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMarch 15, 2019
When working on the line you can get a little overwhelmed depending on how many guest are in the dinning area. On the line you have to learn to work fast paced and multitask. Overall a great job. You can learn many positions such as salad/fry, QB, char and grill, dish, and can even Server Assistant, or be a server, or bartender. You will never get bored at Long Horn Steakhouse.
Pros
Two Free sides, 25% off meals not working and, 50% off meals if you are working.
Cons
No breaks people who are 18+Years of age.
Fun people, managment can be frustrating
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2019
I personally did more than what I was being paid for, but could not get a promotion to server. But the people were fun, and we were like a family. Overall a good place to work for a temporary situation.
Good workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMarch 13, 2019
Loved the work started at dishwasher and finishes being a line cook this was my first job as line cook and from there on i could have a degree culinarie art
Very stressful and overwhelming
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, MAMarch 12, 2019
Longhorn was a decent place to work at. Some days were long and some were short. Management did not care about your how you felt or the days you needed off even upon request.
Fun
FoH Expert (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2019
Great place to start a career in the food environment. It offered great advancement in the company and you can get trained in multiple areas of a restaurant.
Great workplace
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEMarch 12, 2019
Loved working for this company. Great work and life balance. The company is very focused on training individuals in multiple areas of the restaurant in an effort to develop Managing Partners. Their bonus structure is great and so is their time off policies. Overall, I loved working for this company!
The longhorn restaurant
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tombstone, AZMarch 11, 2019
The longhorn restaurant is an amazing place not just the food but the people also, I loved working their and wish I could still work there. Working for this company I learned not only how to use a restaurant dishwashing machine but I also learned how to be socialble and to do what I love. The hardest part of the job I think was letting the trash cans fill up to much to where you can’t lift it out of the trash can.
great staff, awesome food
Server/ Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCMarch 10, 2019
I currently work at Longhorn Steakhouse and it is the best, most proficiently run restaurant I have ever had the pleasure of working at. I absolutely adore everyone that I work with. There is a way and a reason to every part of the restaurant and that keeps the work flow simple and continuous. There have been some inconvienent changes as management changes in and out but overall, this is the most organized facility I've been employed with.
Pros
free sides during shift, ability to switch and swap shifts. discounted food
Cons
volume shifts, unwanted change
Higher end restaurant good for tips
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 10, 2019
Not everyone works together well until money is involved, then we work together well & have fun. Also help each other out by picking up each other’s shifts, staying late for someone, etc.
Pros
Free sides, flexible hours
Cons
Rude staff/management, minimal business=less tips
Great company, bad area
Manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 7, 2019
If you are in the right area with strong leadership this company is second to none. However I was not in one of those areas. Review your options carefully and be certain whom you are considering working for.
High checks= bigger tips
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAMarch 6, 2019
Easy to make good money. Lunches are a waste of time, weekends & holidays can be impossible to get off at times, management can be nice, but they loose their cool often
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits
N/a
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAMarch 6, 2019
I don't want to write a review so I'm just going to make like 70 periods.

Why force me to write a review? Now I'm not going to write one out of principle.
Pros
Good food
Cons
not enough hours
Loved this place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 5, 2019
I opened the longhorn in Chillicothe ohio. I worked there for 8 years. Have 80 % regulars and was really good. Didn’t not get along with the new manager which is no longer there.
Pros
Money. Shifts. My regulars.
Cons
Doug
good envirnoment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 5, 2019
Longhorn was great loved the staff and the customers and the food was great. My typical day was full of excitement with the different set of groups coming in for the day to enjoy their meals.
Stressful but you get paid.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 3, 2019
This place with break you as a human being and work you like a dog but the overtime they offer is decent and almost makes it worth it. The real problem with this place is the fact they donnt listen to their employees and most of the management comes from Front of the House, meaning they are out of touch with anything kitchen related. Apart for not listening to kitchen staff the kitchen in my opinion was dirty and they only ever cared about cleaning when someone from corporate would show up. Apart from only 3 other employees including myself that would have to get the short end of the stick and detail clean not only our own stations but the others simply because the lack of attention and management towards these other employees. Not to mention they started some of these employees with said experience making more money than some of the veterans that have been there and worked way harder. I could go on and on, but the only positive i can say is that they are almost always offering overtime if you are a hard working and are willing to drag yourself through the mud to get the big bucks.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else
One of my favorite jobs
Server/Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMarch 2, 2019
I worked at the store in Mount Juliet, TN. It was great. Obviously like all jobs it had it's moments where I just wanted to go home and forget I even had a job, but the money was great and the people were even better. Management went through a bit of a shake up at one point in the 2 years I worked there, but once everyone adjusted everything was fine. If I ever had any reason that I need to go back or need a second job just to make some extra money I would definitely go back.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Have to work all holidays
Great college job but do not get trapped
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2019
I loved my job when I first started and as the time went on the job slowly starting getting more dreadful. When a new manager came to work at my store is when I really got tired of it. She started fights with me out of no where, and in the entire year she was not working there and I was I was not getting into it with anyone.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Poor management
overall a good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 28, 2019
Overall Longhorn is a great place to work. As in every company there is always room for improvement. In my location more people need to be held accountable for situations and things that need to be done in the restaurant.
Pros
got along good with employees and managers
Cons
constantly running out of products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight