Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,763 reviews matching the search See all 1,775 reviews
very good place to work
Certified Kitchen Trainer/Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 19, 2018
they are a very good place to work and I would recommend them to almost anyone. they are an extremely fast paste work environment and most people cannot handle the speed but if you work at it and walk fast you'll do fine
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
Fast paced, collaborative intensive
Host (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 19, 2018
Great place to work for high students and those wanting a bit more than average hourly pay at other restaurants. On busy nights tips are your main source of income.
fun place to work
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 19, 2018
Typical day was average paced
Managemt was good and took care of the place
Hardent part of the job was hosting and bussing at the same time
Most enjoyable part was the people
Good summer job
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Airway Heights, WAJune 18, 2018
this was my first job when I was 15. It was a great start to getting into the workforce. the manager treated everyone with respect, and enjoyed my time there.
Poor managing Partner
Service Assistant/Host (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSJune 18, 2018
They didn't keep their word and were fair to a few. Servers were allowed not to do they're jobs making it very hard on the server assistant. Host stand was ran by the staff and servers would refuse to serve certain tables and management would allow them to get away with it causing very poor service.
Good place to start in the restaurant business flexible hours and able to pick up more shifts
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VA 23834June 14, 2018
I work with a great team and have some of the best managers. The job is quick-paced but once you get the hang of it, you'll learn how to greet customer with a warm west welcome and tend to guests in a manner that will having coming back for more! Also, with practice, bussing and resetting tables will come second nature.
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2018
Fun to work at, cool co workers, respectful work place, pay is fair but can be better, need vacation pay. But over all it’s a great work place and I’ll go back.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Health insurance
great job for young people in school
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 14, 2018
I worked there a long time ago but from what I remember it was fun place to work. Really enjoyed working for the managing partner at this location. I would recommend to anyone in school and need a supplemental income.
Great work Culture
Hostess, Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCJune 14, 2018
Coworkers are like family here. Everyone gets treated fairly. Over all it is an enjoyable place to work if you enjoy interacting with people and don't mind a fast paced work environment
Good workplace
Host & Server (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 13, 2018
The hardest part of my job is keeping the customer 100% satisfied. A steakhouse is the most difficult type of restaurant to work at because of the steak temperatures being perfect. Other than that this job is great. The workers are amazing and the managers try to satisfy your needs as much as the guests.
Great workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Trooper, PAJune 13, 2018
Not a bad workplace, the pay wasn’t great but I liked what I did. The Management was good expect the main manager. Nobody seemed to really like her. Other than that it was a nice place to work.
Fast Pace and Fun
Host and Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJune 13, 2018
It was a fun place to work. Very busy and standing on your feet for long periods of time. There is a lot of advancement. I left due to relocation, due to family needs.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
short breaks if any sometimes
waitstaff
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJune 13, 2018
waitressing is a luck of the draw some days you do better than others but for the most part i did very well on tips. the work is easy and for the most part the staff is very nice
Good work environment only if you are accepted into the "family"
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 9, 2018
This place is like any other kitchen/line cook job.
What makes this place tough to get used to though is that there are plenty of people who have been there since day one, and if you do not befriend them immediately, they will try their hardest to let you fail, won't teach you how to do anything and ensure you will fail to the point in which you walk out or get fired for not being able to perform your job properly.
Pros
Free and or discounted food
Cons
Prejudice staff
Nice place with very friendly people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 8, 2018
Good management, friendly co workers, fast paced. Could earn good money if you get enough hours. Great benefits. Also the customers are very friendly. Neat, organized, clean professional environment to work in.
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Longhorn. It was a fast paced environment and the money was great. They also have some pretty good package benefits. There is also opportunity for growth.
fast paced
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 7, 2018
get orders done in a fast timely manner. Be productive and reactive. self motivated. Your hours depend on your motivation and performance. Must be willing to get along with others.
Pros
25% 0ff meals
Cons
No health insurance
Longhorn
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 6, 2018
Fast-paced, good $$, poor management. You work your little butt off and dont ever get recognized for it, blamed if you accidentally messed up an order, getting yelled at, threatened to take your hours away, threatened to take your tables and send you home, etc
Awesome
Server (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 5, 2018
Longhorn was the most fun I've ever had working at a restaurant. Friendly coworkers and bosses lead to an unforgettable work environment. Although my time there was short, it taught me a lot of things about the industry and helped me better my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Good atmosphere, friendly people
Cons
On your feet all day
A Typical Shift
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2018
walking into a dinner shift, you can expect either the calm before the storm or having to walk into the thick of it. As a server, I would often come in and already have a table or two waiting for me to serve. The actual shifts themselves were by no means bad at all, but trying to leave and clock out was an uphill battle. Longhorn requires more side-work than any other restaurant I have ever worked at. After being cut, it was not uncommon to be there an hour later just trying to finish everything up.
Pros
2 free sides per shift and free soda
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight