Longhorn Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Great company to work for, reasonable pay great benefits, excellent menu and management
Asst Kitchen Manager/Floor Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2018
Worked their for about 7yrs, made a great living had excellent opportunities for advancement, worked with an excellent management team and staff, was given great health care benefits.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Typical restaurant job
Service Professional / Server / Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 17, 2018
Worked at loho for over 7 years and have seen it all. The turnover is very fast with employees being this is a temporary job for most. Overall a very good company to work for.
Typical restaurant job
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 16, 2018
Pay is what you'd expect. Sidework is reasonable, shifts are available when you want them, coworkers are helpful. Customers can be stressful, but aren't they always? Overall not a bad place to work.
Depends on the Store
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Massaponax, VAOctober 16, 2018
I have had good and bad experiences in my time with Longhorn. My original store in Exton, PA was wonderful. I had very few issues with the store, employees, or managers. My current store in Massaponax, VA is WAY more cutthroat. It is very cliquey with management clearly picking favorites. I am not a fan of the way this store is run.
Pros
Discounted food, Flexible hours
Cons
Flexible hours, hours get cut without reason, management is extremely hit or miss
Great
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 15, 2018
Honestly, the job isn’t that bad. I would like working at Longhorn a lot more if I got the hours I needed. The work life isn’t bad. We get busy but that’s normal.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks
it's a restaurant job
Server/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 13, 2018
It's been a while since I've worked at Longhorn, but when I did it was a fun environment and the management at that time was great, I'm not sure if this is the case any more.
fun work place but not enough pay
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 12, 2018
As a host, the job tasks were simple but very fast past and demanding on weekends. The worst part of the job was the unpredictable hours and the poor tip out. I would only recommend if you were looking for a side job.
Cut throat and stressful
Line cook/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Matthews, ncOctober 10, 2018
The culture at the location i worked at was negative and about how much you jocked management, not how good of an employee you were. There was very little opportunity for advancement unless you kissed managements rear end.
Pros
Learned skills on my own to add to my resume
Cons
Everything else
Hardest working concept for managers under the Darden umbrella
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 9, 2018
Enjoyed my time with longhorn before opening a brand new restaurant. After that it wasn’t worth the headache anymore. If I could do it over again I would not have joined a new restaurant opening management team. In a small town that I knew nothing about. No time for family or myself.
fast paced job with critical thinking
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLOctober 9, 2018
as a hostess at longhorn typical duties required much more than seating people, occasionally running food to tables, refilling drinks, keeping people calm if the wait was long, needless to say you have to have thick skin to work here or any restaurant for that matter, but it was a awesome environment you make lifelong relationships and the management was great !
Pros
discounted food
Cons
sometimes short breaks
Good Money to be Made
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work for Longhorn was pretty typical in the serving life i enjoy serving people and making their day by having a nice conversation and making sure they get the best food served possible. Hardest part of this job was management not being on top of how to functionally run the restaurant. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed working here my co workers were amazing!
Pros
Discounted to great food
it was ok
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2018
I loved working here but the low tips and pay made it hard for me to like working there cause of the low pay. I did enjoy it though don't get me wrong but its nothing a student or single person should take if you don't have roomates
Pros
great food and people
Cons
low pay
Good Customer traffic and Good Food
Waitress (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 5, 2018
Typical Work Day- Customer Service, Run Food, Take out the large trash cans, Clean dish pit, Open bread boxes and put bread in oven warmer, Bring dishes from dish pit to the front of the kitchen, and clean your serving section.

Management- Poor. (WPB)

The hardest part of the job would be bringing heavy over stacked cups and dishes from the back to the front of the kitchen.

The most enjoyable part would be serving the customers!
Pros
Discounts
Good place to advance your restaurant career
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 4, 2018
Restaurant was very flexible in teaching employees different positions to allow them to become more hirable in the future. Also they were very flexible with schedules and needed time off.
Decent money, stressful work load
Server (Former Employee) –  Avon, INOctober 4, 2018
Every shifts seemed like a struggle. I worked here for years. Some co-workers do not do their running side work, making weekend shifts a nightmare. At times, managers would scream and I found this very unprofessional. It wasn't a very positive atmosphere. Some days were great but they were few and far between.
It's Ok
Hostess, To-Go Server, Food Runner, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2018
It is not terrible to work at but I also think it is more for those just looking to add more job experience or for high school kids looking for their first job. It is very hard to get tipped and very hard to work your way up the food chain.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits, Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor Managment
Longhorn
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2018
Home/work balance is pristine.
10-12 hours work days
Hardest part of the job was the long hours, holiday working.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
benefits, 401k, salary
Cons
favoritism
Typical Day
Certified Trainer/ Line Cook/ Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 1, 2018
You come into work to find out that a quarter of the staff scheduled has called off for the closing shifts. They then tell you that because this has happened you have to work till close, 12/12:30am, even though you got there at 1pm.
The hardest part of the job is when you only have one or two co-workers who you can trust to fully complete their job tasks, and dealing with management who seems to never be on the same page about anything.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Terrible Work environment, and terrible benefits for huge prices
Good Flexible work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Longhorn has allowed me to continue to go to law school and spend time with my son and make money at the same time. The management is willing to work with you on the schedule.
i enjoyed it at first
Server (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALSeptember 28, 2018
when i first started at longhorns i loved it, but then we got a new general manager and he was awful. He made it such a stressful place to work for all of the employees. If he is still there i recommend you stay away from there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longhorn Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight