Longs Drugs

Longs Drugs Employee Reviews

Benefits were very good. good health coverage. Good discount on inshore goods. Profit sharing. always had training classes, to keep on latest products, and trends, Good work relations.As the company grew and change ownership, I was not very happy.
Pros
benifits
Cons
change of benefits
Upper management is always cutting tech & pharmacist hours but still add onto our workload & expect everything to be completed, no excuses. Techs are working 10 hours + shifts every day. & We only get a 30 min lunch. No breaks. Customers have no sympathy even though we're trying to do our daily workload & the covid testing in drive thru. But corporate thinks "we can do better" with every visit
Working in one hour photo was interesting, but they only paid minimum wage with a yearly raise of $.50 cents. It is a creative job where you get to develop photos.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Minimum Wage
Worked at Longs 20 years ago but have great memories and made great friends. Pay was reasonable and had good benefits. Managers were fair and promoted eager employees when possible.
Pros
Reasonable wages and benefits
Cons
Have to work holidays and weekends
I was so excited to start work, not knowing anyone, but with that Enthusiasm it made me and everyone else around me get comfortable. They have made it so easy to learn, and I was eager to learn more. We worked as a team, and finished as a team. No one was left behind.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Low pay like most starting jobs. Very easy workload though. Would most likely not work there unless I’m old Like 60 and want to work the 5 years to get the discount for the rest of my life.
Great company, good executive team. Unfortunately, the store manager and operational processes were extremely out of date and out of touch. I felt like I was walking into the 1970s when I arrived at work, they immensely lacked the technology needed to move forward productivity and had no plan to inject it into their stores any time soon.Comfortable is the the best way to describe the employees. Multiple people promoted past their level of competence, without any training plan to improve future performance. Instead of coaching the under-performer up (or out) some SM would just give very small merit increase during review time in the hopes the employee would leave. The pay scale wasn’t regulated; in 2 cases (I knew of) the location ASM made more than that location‘s SM. In other cases, you had the Department Manager either earning the same amount or just flat out out-earning the ASM they reported too.
Great company with no micromanagement, self starter, route yourself and complete your task/ deliveries on a timely manner, and provide great customer service to each customer suns up this job. No restrictions or worries
Started as a cashier. Bumped me to beauty department with no training for 2 weeks. It was the busy time, Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I had to learn quick and on my own. Asked managers in other departments, they were clueless. Brought it to the store manager attention, he stated not his problem and to get the job done. Crazy
As a pharmacist, I am pressured to complete all of the day's work before leaving, even if that means staying an extra 2-4 hours off the clock to get it all done. It seems it is CVS culture that pharmacists have given in and followed that expectation. While I am also guilty of giving in, this behavior has greatly affected my physical and mental health with reduced sleep and increasing body strain and mental anguish from such long hours. Walking out the door immediately after closing and leaving workflow unfinished will result in frustrated/angry 5-paragraph text messages from managers and supervisors regarding my obligation to clear the queues each shift.
store needs to be remodeled at the time of employment, job was consistent, understaffed unfortunately, and unfortunately not enough pay due to hourly raise increases throttled by the changing company after purchase of the business which adjusting wages and company internal growth.
Make sure customers are satisfied. Products are displayed properly and nicely on shelves and everything is up to date. Colleagues and management are nice and friendly and are willing to help when needed.
Really enjoyed working in corporate accounting department especially since the beginning. Typical day at work was not always typical. Being part of a growing retail pharmacy chain was exciting. Creation of Corporate Leadership team meant flexibility in changing leadership. Was never a dull moment sometimes stressing but fulfilling
Long’s Drug’s before becoming a Corporation, took care of their employees for pretty much every circumstance that arose. You were acknowledged of the work you did and were paid accordingly to what you should be paid. From store managers down the ranks to fellow employees, we were and worked as “family”. We took care of our customers in every department as it was the customer who pays our wages.
I have learned and continue to learn at Long's Drugs. Each day I am pushed harder and I come out as a stronger technician. I am so grateful to have found a fun and enjoyable work environment.
I liked working at Longs. Better than some of my other jobs. Could've paid more. The area it's in is very expensive. I ended up needing to move out of the area.
Cashier Greet customers, assist with inventory/ stocking, store janitorial keeping, setting up of weekly ad signage. Train new hires, assisted with drawer change.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Only part time
cashier with customer service, assisting with finding products stocking inventory, with some store keeping, assisted with pharmacy medication customer pick up of medications.
Pros
store discounts freindly team
Cons
not full time
It wasn't a bad job. But since CVS took over Longs drug store everything about longs has dropped. Quality of workers dropped. Benefits dropped. Staffing dropped. Pay dropped.i would recommend this job if I were a student in college.
I really enjoyed working at Longs CVS because we all worked together. We recieved feedback on our work and got reviewed and trained very often. The managers there cared about our wellbeing and progress.
At longs all the managers and employees are there to help you weather your a customer or a new employee, they are all respectful, nice and understanding. The Hardest part of this job for me was being able to remember where things go and how to place them. Yet with the help of the managers and employees i got it down faster than i thought i could. I enjoyed everything about this job, i enjoyed being able to learn more things and getting to know my surroundings more.
  1. Employee Reviews