Longview Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Longview regional medical center
REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 12, 2018
The company itself is a wonderful place to work with amazing benefits. There are a few in management in a few departments that have been there for many years that need to be revitalized or replaced. Over all can be a great place to work.
Benefits
Learned a great deal.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 12, 2018
Learned a great deal working here. First hospital I worked at that did neuro cases. Worked for 5 years as prn, then changed to full time. Made a lot more money as a full time employee plus great PTO benefits. Also worked a weekend “in house” and was off the whole next week except having to come in and do robot cases occasionally.
Pros
Great PTO and week off after in house weekend.
Cons
Management played favorites.
HIM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work, good benefits, great administration support, I am just to a point of needing a challenge or advancement with my career. Just exploring the options available out there.
job review
Critical Care Registered Nurse, PCU (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 2, 2018
Flexible hours but difficult nurse to patient rations when I worked there. Unit staff utilized team work approach when short staffed. Hospital had great medical benefits and discounts for medical care at CHS facilities.
Productive, efficient environment
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Nights here started with taking report as relief staff, progressed into quality controls and patient testing, occasional phlebotomy, or code call, and ended at a much faster pace with the morning run before shift change.

The workflow was either extremely slow or full speed ahead. There was no in between.It kept things interesting, and I learned to do maintenance and inventory in the slow times.

Management did a good job of accomodating schedules and heading off situations before they became problems. This included things like ordering extra inventory in seasons that had proven to be more productive in the past. This prevented shortages and sometimes allowed us to barter with other facilities for future services.

Cross department communication created a positive work environment.

The hardest part of this job was being in two places at one time when called to the Emergency Department for a code.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the relaxed working environment. Everyone had their area of expertise and each contributed accordingly without strife.
Pros
PTO and good benefits
Workplace with a lot of potential, needs new corporate management
Registered Nurse, ICU/CVICU (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I love working at LRMC. My co-workers and immediate manager are phenomenal people who work hard and love their job. I have learned a lot and have a lot of opportunity for career growth. There is a HUGE lack of pay and raises at this facility.
productive and family structured place to work. Fun
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 19, 2018
Busy and challenging, yet rewarding place to work. I learned a lot about Medical Technology and the Test. Management is very fair. Awesome place to work. Hardest part of the job, "Code Blue", and the patient not making it. Enjoyable part of the job, "The patients"!
Pros
Cons
Nothing to my knowledge
Not really a nice place to work.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 5, 2018
Clock in grab paperwork. Load fraught in cart load onto the truck. Drive truck to the hospital. Unload truck into the hospital. Load freight into the hospital. Load empty carts back on to truck drive truck back to the warehouse. Unload cardboard baler daily.
Pros
Had Insurants
Cons
No breaks, or lunch. Talked to like you are a nobody.
Very good place to work. Great opportunity for advancements and furthering education .
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Longview Regional. I started out on the floor working as a Certified Nursing Assistant now I’m a Medical Assistant. I find enjoyment in what I do. Longview Regional has provide me with ways to advance within the company through personal training.
Lack of support and no manager back up or authority
Medical Receptionist/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 31, 2018
Manager does not like conflict so she does not make people follow rules and discipline them for wrong doings. Fellow employees will stab you in back and friend at same time. Too many chiefs not enough indians
Pros
Full time employment
Cons
No break, unfriendly staff and dr's
Great people to work with, not as much of a good place to work.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 9, 2018
I've enjoyed my time here at Regional, it has provided me great experience and resources to further my career. Good people, management not so much....
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Loved working there a lot. Great staff always so friendly. Fast paced environment in the ER. Something new and different everyday. Already miss working there.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No lunches or breaks
Work load is challeging but not overwhelming
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  longviewMay 4, 2014
I work all reports for the next days workload, answer any incoming
calls and call patients for incoming surgeries about up coming cost.
I have learned out to handle agitated patients with more finesse and how to work under pressure. Management is very family friendly but at times is too lenient. The hardest part of the job is working in a room with a lot of people and there being no structure to the day. I enjoy helping the patients out the most, taking that extra step just to make someone else day go a little smoother.
Pros
Surgery writeoffs
Cons
Medical benefits and pay
Productive face pace environment
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 6, 2018
Every company has its pros and cons overall LRMC is a great place to work and meet new people. It is a productive face pace environment full of good people.
Volunteer Work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 29, 2018
I absolutely love people and helping out. I would volunteer over the summer and help out in the radiology department, helping them with various things like getting patients charts ready, moving patients from rooms to the lab to get pictures taken. This was a great experience to give back!
i am very efficient and responsible to work with
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 9, 2018
a typical day at work is busy with a ratio of 5patients to 1 nurse. am in charge of passing meds, creating daily care plans and ensuring my patients are well satisfied with care being given.
deli production, diet aide (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 7, 2018
Its fast pace, but it fun. You will learn a lot about how the kitchen is ran. You may learn where everything is in the hospital and goes to each floor.
Reliable hours, good coworkers, and minimal raises.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 20, 2017
Great work environment. Minimal raises given yearly. The rest of this is just filler space- the minimal required characters have not yet been met. Thank you!
ER registration BEWARE
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 20, 2014
Your job is to sign people into the ER and then go into their rooms to collect their demographic and financial information and copay. This may not seem too demanding but whenever there are 10 to 15 people an hour and you were also expected to fix everything for everyone else in the hospital it is very challenging. Any time something goes wrong on any floor we are called to fix it, and not all RN's are respectful. On top of the unrealistic workload the management is also poor. The ER registration supervisor is only tolerable if you're her best friend and you go out drinking with her. She brings her personal life to work and takes it out on you. She will be very polite in her office in private but she will scream and yell and belittle in front of doctors/nurses/anyone watching. If you're not her best friend you will be treated poorly and you will be expected to work twice as hard when her favorites don't finish the work on their shift. on top of it all you are expected to complete what could easily be 3 people's workload in 8 hours before your shift ends. The pay is good the benefits are great but overall it's not worth it.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
Favoritism, nepotism, unrealistic work load
workplace culture
Transcription Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 29, 2018
it was a learning experience. I learned a lot in transcription and also medical terminology. Corporation was CHS and the corporation was money based and that was a problem. The safety of patients and caring of patients is extremely important in my opinion.
Pros
Discount lunch program
Cons
Short lunch break