Longview Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Loved working there a lot. Great staff always so friendly. Fast paced environment in the ER. Something new and different everyday. Already miss working there.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No lunches or breaks
Productive face pace environment
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 6, 2018
Every company has its pros and cons overall LRMC is a great place to work and meet new people. It is a productive face pace environment full of good people.
Lack of support and no manager back up or authority
Medical Receptionist/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 31, 2018
Manager does not like conflict so she does not make people follow rules and discipline them for wrong doings. Fellow employees will stab you in back and friend at same time. Too many chiefs not enough indians
Pros
Full time employment
Cons
No break, unfriendly staff and dr's
i am very efficient and responsible to work with
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 9, 2018
a typical day at work is busy with a ratio of 5patients to 1 nurse. am in charge of passing meds, creating daily care plans and ensuring my patients are well satisfied with care being given.
HIM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work, good benefits, great administration support, I am just to a point of needing a challenge or advancement with my career. Just exploring the options available out there.
job review
Critical Care Registered Nurse, PCU (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 2, 2018
Flexible hours but difficult nurse to patient rations when I worked there. Unit staff utilized team work approach when short staffed. Hospital had great medical benefits and discounts for medical care at CHS facilities.
Learned a great deal.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 12, 2018
Learned a great deal working here. First hospital I worked at that did neuro cases. Worked for 5 years as prn, then changed to full time. Made a lot more money as a full time employee plus great PTO benefits. Also worked a weekend “in house” and was off the whole next week except having to come in and do robot cases occasionally.
Pros
Great PTO and week off after in house weekend.
Cons
Management played favorites.
Great people to work with, not as much of a good place to work.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 9, 2018
I've enjoyed my time here at Regional, it has provided me great experience and resources to further my career. Good people, management not so much....
workplace culture
Transcription Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 29, 2018
it was a learning experience. I learned a lot in transcription and also medical terminology. Corporation was CHS and the corporation was money based and that was a problem. The safety of patients and caring of patients is extremely important in my opinion.
Pros
Discount lunch program
Cons
Short lunch break
Workplace with a lot of potential, needs new corporate management
Registered Nurse, ICU/CVICU (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I love working at LRMC. My co-workers and immediate manager are phenomenal people who work hard and love their job. I have learned a lot and have a lot of opportunity for career growth. There is a HUGE lack of pay and raises at this facility.
Productive, efficient environment
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Nights here started with taking report as relief staff, progressed into quality controls and patient testing, occasional phlebotomy, or code call, and ended at a much faster pace with the morning run before shift change.

The workflow was either extremely slow or full speed ahead. There was no in between.It kept things interesting, and I learned to do maintenance and inventory in the slow times.

Management did a good job of accomodating schedules and heading off situations before they became problems. This included things like ordering extra inventory in seasons that had proven to be more productive in the past. This prevented shortages and sometimes allowed us to barter with other facilities for future services.

Cross department communication created a positive work environment.

The hardest part of this job was being in two places at one time when called to the Emergency Department for a code.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the relaxed working environment. Everyone had their area of expertise and each contributed accordingly without strife.
Pros
PTO and good benefits
Fast
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 28, 2017
Difficult environment. Long hours. Short staffed. High volume and demands. Little collaboration or team work. Very click-ish very little training of staff and new members
Review
Registered Nurse-Post-Op Surgical Floor Unit (Current Employee) –  longview, texasSeptember 9, 2017
It was ok. My floor had some great co workers. We worked together extremely well. Our manager was great. She fostered an environment of positivity and team work.
Pros
Scheduling
Busy
Hostess (Former Employee) –  400 North 4th StSeptember 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this place as a hostesses. Very busy and enjoyed meeting new patients and I always put a smile on there face. It was only temporary but I really enjoyed working there.
stressful and fast paced
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 28, 2017
Looking back it was a nice place to work but difficult to get your issues addressed. Managers are great people with their hands tied by the nature of the business.
Good small hospital
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2017
Good work life balance, expectations are clearly laid out, great little city of Longview TX with everything you may need without the traffic. Productivity standards are fair. I'm just PRN though.
Longview Regional has a wonderful labor and delivery facility with great nurses, management and up to date equipment. The physicians are a pleasure.
Labor and Delivery Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 30, 2017
I would highly recommend this facility to anyone seeking a place to work in labor and delivery. Updated, ample amount of supplies, great nursing staff, management, and excellent physicians.
Pros
Self scheduling, great facility overall.
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Reliable hours, good coworkers, and minimal raises.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 20, 2017
Great work environment. Minimal raises given yearly. The rest of this is just filler space- the minimal required characters have not yet been met. Thank you!
Great family orientated beliefs.
Facility Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 31, 2017
Awesome work family. We work hard together and we have fun events together. Slow or no promotion. Assisting direct supervisor with any task at hand. Everybody says hello to each other. Most enjoyable part of the day is having lunch with the boss and almost all of the coworkers in my department.
Productive and professional
Student intern (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 22, 2017
I interned at LRMC in the Case Management department for a semester. Everyone was very competent professionals. They created an productive and safe environment for me to learn.