Lonza Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful, constant change in management.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 7, 2018
Always playing catch up. Poorly managed under a corporate base that is slowly destroying the business that was so strong. Knowledge base is being eroded by driving away experienced personnel.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Dirty environment, worn out equipment.
A place to grow, receive a feeling of accomplishment and hang your hat.
Raw Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mapleton, IllinoisJuly 25, 2018
Challenging, Stressful, Productive, Enjoyable, Tiring, Satisfying- all those things a good job should have throughout your day. Good Benefits, knowledgeable, skilled, creative and innovative co-workers.
Pros
Global opportunities, Benefits
Cons
The weight on your shoulders.
excellent place to work
Senior Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 23, 2018
Productive and positive environment to work in. The people and the management really took care of their employees. Very good perks and nice company holiday gatherings.
A good place to learn
Bioprocess Engineer/ Scientist III, MSAT (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 14, 2018
Lonza is a leading CMO. I learned a lot from the company and peers. The company has an abundance of experiences in biologic development, management and manufacturing, I have a chance to grow with the company.
Love everything about it
Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 10, 2018
working at LONZA biologics in Portsmouth NH really gave me an idea of where I want to work. Everyone is nice, the facility is great, I felt safe at work, and I feel I could definitely grow within the company.
Great Team
Executive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allendale, NJJuly 10, 2018
If it were not for the fact that Lonza Inc. was relocating the office and making it an almost impossible commute everyday to the office I would not be in the business of looking for a new job. I enjoyed my time with Lonza and my co-workers.
not an exciting place but with an opportunity to excel in a particular role
Director Bioscience Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Walkersville, MDJune 20, 2018
Worth trying if you want to change the place to become a better one. Lots of opportunities to rectify business and operations’ processes. Management team is new and very capable and willing to make necessary changes to succeed.
goons
National Sales Manager, North America (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 22, 2018
way too much repressive pressure, the folks are not happy, they are very repressive and not healthy, there is a lot of paranoia there as well as a sense of entitlement
Pros
T&E Bidget
Cons
everything else
Management is all over the place
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 20, 2018
To much favoritism. You are working six days a week.when you get sick or kids you get points against you even if you have a doctor's note you have to let them know two days before time even on emergencies
fast paced and diverse work environment with solid middle management
RESEARCH & APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST/SR. CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Allendale, NJMay 1, 2018
Great place to work; with friendly, intelligent and helpful team members. The diverse product line was a major plus as were the people you worked with.
Pros
people, type of work, middle management
Cons
uncertain future of your position
Too much outsourcing
MANAGER,Consumer Engagement (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 19, 2018
Of late, there's been too much outsourcing to save costs. This is causing lots of stress in the workforce. People feel insecure about the future in certain aspects of the business.
Merchandising
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 15, 2018
Good part time job if you don’t mind driving. Management last minute with wanting reports. Management doesn’t understand what part time employee means, they want you to be at their beckoning call but it’s a part time job. Most part timers have other employment so they can pay the bills!
Pros
Somewhat flexible
Cons
Heavy lifting at end of season
Fun place to work
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 14, 2018
8:00 AM Attend Production Meeting and find out about what has run well and what need to be fixed. Give design support, help solving day-to day problem and spec out replacement parts if needed.

8:30 AM May need to go out the plant to do some troubleshooting.

9:00 AM Attend engineering meeting to review project status and schedule priority to insure we are working on the right thing.

9:30 AM Start working the list of plant work or plant project, May have to guide and help the work for junior and senior production engineer

1:00PM Take a tour of the plant and do some safety focus and encourage employees work safely. Communication and respect people are the keys.

2:00 PM Go back and finish up the work task for that day and prepare the work for the next day.

Consistent well organize makes the job easy to manage.

Friendly and kindness is the key of winning friend and influencing people.
Pros
Good quality people and treat each other well.
Cons
Since we are always sold out, the business required extra overtime.
Amazing group of people
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 13, 2018
I processed over 300 non purchase orders, learned how to use their invoice scanning center. Training was a huge part of the company you never worked alone.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
That the finance department was moving to Costa Rico
Easy to get stuff done
R&D Intern (Former Employee) –  Walkersville, MDApril 5, 2018
It was by and large fun to work at and exciting to watch experiments run and data recorded. The company made sure we were aware of all Standard Operating Procedures relevant to our jobs and even had an automated system to help keep track or our qualifications.

The co-workers were very friendly and it was easy to work with them on some tasks.
great
Quality Assurance (QA) Lot Review Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 3, 2018
great place to work, nice people, flexible life work balance, benefits were excellent, I worked there for 18 years, hated to leave however family matters forces my relocation.
Good Place to work
Senior IP Patent and Trademark Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 29, 2018
Family friendly environment. This is a biotech company that is committed to helping people and the environment. This is a wonderful place to work. Good management too.
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
Could use some cosmetic help.
Great company culture
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAMarch 25, 2018
This was a great company to work for great culture great team work. The benefits were great and the company was very flexible and understanding of the employees needs.
Good Company - Conshohocken Plant Shut Down
Buyer I (Former Employee) –  West Conshohocken, PAMarch 12, 2018
Company closed.....cannot provide any further information.

The company, when open was fair, I learned from this experience.
The pace was fast...but rewarding.
Pros
Good Advancement Opportunity
Cons
Plant closed
N/a
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2018
Lonza accquried the Capsugel. There is not enough experinece to provide the comments about this company. Company provide health insurance, dental insurance, etc...
Pros
Free Friday breakfast
Cons
re-organization