Lookers

Lookers Reviews: Working at Lookers

Lookers insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Toxic does not begin to describe this company

Having worked at lookers for many years, i can safely say that the bullies win, as colleagues are aware of bullying, instead of helping they merely join in, as they are scared of becoming a target themselves. So going into work most days is a living nightmare. Approached manager about said toxic people, nothing can be done apparently. So now i have a stark choice, either leave or deal with the bullies myself. Its amazing in this day and age that this sort of abuse can go on at one of the supposed best employers in the uk.

Pros

Hometime

Cons

Coming in to work

Nowhere to progress

Nice people to work with but money does not reflect the amount of work expected going by national minimum living wage at the moment. Nowhere else to progress to go further in the company from where i am now.

Pros

Relaxed environment, left to own devices

Cons

Long hours and not enough pay

Decent company to work for although as its flaws like most other big company's.

I have worked in a few main dealerships in my time. This is the best by far although not without its issues. Management seem to make some really strange decisions. We had no cost of living rise for about 6 years but they have addressed that now and the wages are very competitive.

Pros

Big company, relatively safe employment if you do your job well.

Cons

42 hours a week minimum and overtime is always encouraged.

Gone backwards as a company

Worked for 5 years at lookers management changes did not suit me or my family new managers bullies , lots of people leaving for a better work life balance,there is life after lookers 😂

Pros

Nice staff

Don’t bother

Technicians and other advisor were lovely. I can’t express that enough. However Aftersales managers are shocking. Can’t even call it management, no praise always criticism. Promising the main guys targets that can’t be achieved due to having such a new team. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

December 3, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and will ensure that this feedback is passed onto the relevant team. Should you wish to discuss your feedback in further detail, confidentially, please get in contact. We wish you the best of luck in your future professional endeavors

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

So So

Job was ok but the money is minimum wage,you can earn bonus but it's not worth the hassleI hated all the stress being pushed to sell products when I was out drivingIt's the main reason I left

Pros

Hrs

Cons

Wage and Being made to sell

December 5, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is valuable. The bonus that is available to our Drivers is competitive. Thanks again for your comments we wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Glorified call centre with no training

If you’re not wanting to go to a call centre, don’t listen when you’re told this isn’t a call centre. It is. There’s no training. You sound like a numpty on the phone with no training you’ve no idea what you’re talking about. No one has a clue what’s going on. The rules and what should or shouldn’t be done changes every five minutes so what was right yesterday will be wrong today. The shifts are rubbish, the targets are unrealistic so the bonus and ‘on target’ earnings are in fact, not on target because they’re impossible to reach. If you’re thinking of applying, don’t. Unless you like being stressed and sick every day for 9 hours a day.

Pros

Cons

Long days, get stuck after your finish times on a call, no idea what you’re doing as you don’t get training.

December 5, 2021
Thank you for submitting a review of your time with Lookers. We are shocked and saddened by your comments. If you wish to discuss your points in further detail we would urge you to get in touch with a member of our HR team, so that we can look into this. Thank you once more, we wish you the best of luck in your future professional endeavors.

Avoid lookers Ford Leeds like a bad dose of COVID-19

I worked here for 4 years on the service reception I really enjoyed the job at first,They recently employed two snowflakes that need to grow up and start acting their ageThe two people went crying to the manager at every opportunity, A lady from my estate who I knew brought her car in & I started talking to her about how our local park was a nice place to go jogging, one of the snowflakes was straight to the manager saying I couldn’t say that to a customer, avoid this dealership !

Pros

Discounts on services & mot

Cons

Other workers behaviour

December 5, 2021
Thank you for writing a review, we appreciate the time it took to leave this. We are sorry that your experience of working with Lookers wasn't as positive as we would have hoped for.Good luck and best wishes.

Colchester lookers Ford

It’s not the company that makes the place great it’s the people around you, they are great to work with! Benefits isn’t great, salesmen are the same, they never look after you. Manager is a different kettle of fish, crashes into customers vehicles and blames it on the techs

Pros

Cons

Manager

December 6, 2021
Thank you for submitting feedback. We are shocked to read your comments and have passed this information onto the relevant parties to be investigated. Thank you once more, we wish you every success in the future.

Starts from the top.. shocking culture/management

A single sales manager lead to the departing of over 10 sales execs in 12 months and someone refusing a job offer to start at a small Ford garage instead of this monster dealership! Need i say more?

Pros

Good co workers and cbs scheme

Cons

Culture/management

December 6, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience of working with Lookers. We are shocked and saddened by your comments. We have passed these details to the relevant person to be followed up. Thanks again. Good luck and best wishes.

Nice workplace for young people

Loved working there although the last 5 years was made difficult the new manager we had was very ageist wanted young employees not older more experienced people

Pros

Cons

9 hours 5 days 5hours every Saturday

September 2, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are shocked by your comments. As an employer, we are proud to promote diversity in the workplace and foster a culture free from discrimination. We only wish you had brought this to the attention of a member of the HR team so that we could have addressed it. Thank you once more for your feedback. We wish you the best of luck.

terrible place to work

appalling place to work wouldn't take my push bike therethe staff are appalling and the management is a disgrace constantly ripping people off and charging for things they did not do

Pros

Cons

everything

September 2, 2021
We’re sorry that your experience of working with Lookers wasn’t as positive as we would have hoped. We wish you the best of luck in your future professional endeavours.

Always wanting more but always looking for ways to pay less

Ridiculously busy. Was a good payer but over the last 3 years now very poor. Micro manage everybody even though seriously under staffed and impossible to meet kpi's. If you have an alternative........take it.

Pros

The product.

Cons

Where do I start. If you're not sure look at the staff turnover.

May 5, 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience with Lookers. We are disappointed to read your comments and encourage you to contact your line manager or HR department to discuss them further. We want to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Lookers.

Stressed and made to feel useless

Great staff to work with.. Unfortunately, its run completely wrong, doesnt take long to realise it! Management told us all they listen, isn't the case and they aint bothered about staff satisfaction. I told management about customer dissatisfaction, numerous times and didnt seem to make any difference. Was made to feel like I was the problem and incapable of doing my job. Even though i was asked how to make my job easier and more affective.. Was told it would be sorted by general manager and never was. Lack of productive management and cost cutting!

Pros

Pension scheme, loads of other bits..

Cons

Plenty

May 4, 2021
Thank you for submitting feedback. We are sorry that your experience of working with Lookers wasn’t as positive as we would have hoped. We are concerned by your comments as our customers are at the heart of everything that we do, and we strive to provide first class customer experiences consistently. Our colleagues are critical to our success, and we value their contributions and commitment to the company, which is why we reward them with a competitive salary and a generous benefits and wellbeing package that we are continually improving. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. Best wishes for your future endeavours.

Company is a joke

Wouldn’t recommend working here to my worst enemy. Staff are nice bunch but the higher up the chain you go the more less interested they are in you, just a number to them. Don’t bother trying to suggest anything to improve the place or work/life balance as they will just laugh in your face. Higher management just yes men for head office and too afraid to say anything that would rock the boat!

Pros

Home time

Cons

Management that are clueless

May 4, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time with Lookers. We are disappointed to read some of your comments. Every one of our colleagues, regardless of position, is valued. We promote an open culture in which the lines of communication between colleagues, managers and head office staff are always open. We encourage colleagues to provide feedback through a variety of channels, including quarterly reviews and our annual employee engagement survey. Thank you for your feedback once more, and we wish you the best of luck in the future.

Avoid

If you like a job trying to hit unachievable targets while being micro managed to the point that it affects your physical or mental health then apply. No management within the company care or will offer any mental health support.

Pros

Nice colleagues excluding management

Cons

Workload and management

April 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review your personal experience with Lookers. We are saddened to read your comments and truly sorry that your experience was not as positive as we would have hoped. We value our colleagues and as a business, we make our best efforts to support their health and well being. We promote employee assistance programmes such as the services offered by Care First and BEN and our HR teams are always on hand to offer advice and support to all our colleagues. Thank you once again for your feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Very fun and nice place to work in

I had the position in Brighton, the staff was great, and the management even better, people were very friendly and u would get along with them very fast. Best place I work in

April 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we really value your feedback. We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your time working with your team at Lookers, our people really are our best asset. Good luck in your future career.

Stressful and fast paced

Mangers always claim credit for your work l, long hours little reward it’s a stressful environment and departments are in constant competition with each other, there is virtually no life work balance

Pros

People who work there

April 19, 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review of your time with Lookers. We are saddened that you didn’t enjoy working with us as much as we would have hoped. We agree that the motor industry is competitive and fast paced, and realise that unfortunately, this is not best suited to everyone. We value the commitment our colleagues make to the business which sometimes involves working extra hours, which is why we have tried to balance this with offering a generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service, enhanced maternity leave, and a fantastic benefits package. We wish you the best of luck in your new role.

Amazing team, good prospects and warm environment

Best place ever , was gutted when it was closed down. We had the best respectful hard working team which is a rarity. The company are good on all levels and I would highly recommend Lookers.

April 19, 2021
Thank you for leaving us such lovely feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time working with Lookers. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Not the place for my enemy!!!

Well if it was possible I would rate Lookers Jag/Land Rover Buckinghamshire a huge 0.No care for people, no regard for experience and length of service.Constantly put under immense stress not allowed to come into your sales gift.Also dealer Principal an absolute joker lack of communication, building his own favourites.I seriously recommend senior management to go for training to no how toexercise people skills.Advice to anyone seeking employment to seriously re-consider before entering an agreement with this company.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long Hours

Unfriendly

Lazy staff very clicky and not friendly not worth working for lack of appreciation and communication throughout the company. Location involved travelling to site looks cold and feels cold to customers when visiting! Don’t miss not working there was glad to escape the site was too big didn’t feel as part of a team. The management was a waste of time when had a problem to deal with not worth the strain of working for a company like that!! If it sounds too good to be true it is the lookers way for it to be rubbish.

Pros

Cons

A lot travelling noise level loud

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lookers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Lookers