Loomis Armored US, LLC Employee Reviews

Found 1,185 reviews matching the search See all 1,332 reviews
Poor Workplace environment
Route Lead (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 20, 2019
Working 65+ hours during the week, leaves you no free time outside of work. Poor management has lead an increase of employee turnover. I have been at the company for over 2 years and have seen at least 15 plus employees leave the job. The starting pay of the job is not worth the dangers of the job. This is a job and not a career.
Horrible Management
Balance & Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 19, 2019
Employees being harassed and management and upper management wont do anything about it. They lie to keep there heads above water and others take the fall for them. One of the worse companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
n/a
Cons
everything but getting a pay check
If you want to be stuck in life
Armored Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 14, 2019
This is a place where you just get stuck because you can’t find any other work or have supplementary income so you don’t mind the low pay. Management is not helpful
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
No. 1.5 overtime, management is a joke, no career advancement, no time for social life
Fun job but low pay
Armed Courier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 13, 2019
I really enjoyed working there. The hours were good and most weekends off. The pay was very low at the time and could not afford the cost of insurance.
Pros
easy job
Cons
low pay
Discrimitive place
Armed Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 10, 2019
I was fired for attendance. I had several deaths in my family and they approved my time off. Upon returning they fired me for attendance. Management was a joke. Worst armored industry out there! Brinks is better. Stay away from Loomis.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Every thing else
Long Days
ATM Tech, Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2019
Typical day for me started at about 6 am and worked till about 6 pm most days. some days i would only work 8-9 hours. hardest part of the job is dealing with all the new people that come through the company and have no common sense. Some management was difficult to work with.
Pros
not sure
Cons
dealing with new drivers and some management
My Summery
Armored Guard (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 10, 2019
Loomis is a good job to work, like any job, it has it's ups and downs. I also feel the job should pay us more per hour than what were getting considering the responsibility.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
pay sucks
Horrible place to work do not ever apply here
Armored Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 8, 2019
Absolutely terrible place to work. No work life balance. Hours are terrible. Extremely underpaid no overtime Do not ever apply to Loomis armored it will be The biggest mistake of your life
Pros
No pros
Not a bad place
Custodian, Messenger (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 7, 2019
My short time at Loomis wasnt too bad. coming from Sectran i can say the environment was far more relaxed. which in that business means alot. they never bothered me for eta back to the base, they usually answered quickly when i had a problem. the scanner isnt too hard to learn. its not hard work. only knock was that drivers log was never in order, so you have to rely on the seasoned driver or hope you dont get a new guy cuz youll be doing both for the day. overall not a bad place. dont steal or lose anything and youll be fine
Pros
advancement
Cons
pay
High school all over again
Teller (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 5, 2019
It’s a lot of work , but very easy , you can sit or stand,
There is no weekends but there is a lot of children gossiping here. Management do not treat every one fair .
Pros
No weekends and pretty much a 8-5 maybe 6 job
Cons
The pay sucks based on the work your giving
Favortism
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 5, 2019
Managers love butt kissers if you're one on the job they'll give all the help you want if not then it's opposite of that and the managers talk about other employees on the job also watch you like a hawk.
Pros
Cons
Favortism and management gossip
Na
ARMORED TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 4, 2019
Job has no structure. Manager doesn’t hold meetings and never are there when you need them. Managers are never available you have to rely on figuring out problems or calling fellow workers
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Job itself
Management ruins a good job
Armoured truck technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 2, 2019
Loomis is not a bad job, but when you're dealing with people who has no management skills , none whatsoever, it makes the job hard and very miserable. Management does not care about your personal life they have an " it's not my problem" attitude towards whatever problems that you have.
Productive and ok workplace
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 2, 2019
Management very poor!
Would be a whole lot better if management were on the same page. Because of management and the way they conduct business, everybody is always on edge.
Pros
Cool
Cons
Management very poor
poor management and absolutely no communication
Driver, messenger, vault. (Former Employee) –  Louisville KentuckyFebruary 27, 2019
Work from 2016 to 2018 the latter part no communication whatsoever branch manager like people that were suck UPS. Didn't care about policy and procedure unless it benefits him. I would never recommend this company to anybody. Drivers Messengers your work 5 days a week and your weekend rotation.
Pros
Other than management the people
Cons
Everything Loomis including management lack of communication
Horrible regional management
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2019
Was there for 10 months. Never got information on how to formally do the job. Mechanic posion requires CDL . Will spend about 1/5 time driving fed truck. Will be only mechanic with 2 times the amount of vehicals (per mechanic vehical ratio) will want 1 PM a day with a fleet of 38 now. Was 42 just for me. Loss prevention man has a great big EGO and will try to get you fired for proving him wrong.. was promised computer for corprate email (never happened) to get updates. Got company cell phone after 8 months on job. There has been 4 or 5 branch managers in the last 5 years. You will be on call 24/7 due to break downs. (Was called numerous times at 11 pm for a breakdown 2 to 3 hours away) only 2 or 3 drivers care about their trucks. The rest with trash them and break stuff. It pays decent. But watch your back because the senior management will send emails behind your back and blame you for stuff you have no control over (no computer acsess (because shop doesnt have internet), they have a licensing team (ARI) that doesnt do their job properly causing trucks to be down. Its your fault. Do NOT start a vehical without a seat belt. I was let go for seatbelt violation (note, great employee for 9 months. 0 issues, new loss prevention man comes in , gets proved wrong) i get 3 dings in 1 month from him. Im fired. The fleet manager is great. Will keep you informed. Learn who to trust. Otherwise watch your back . Ive seen people hired to be fired less than a week for lack of knowledge whike just driving..this is not a job for people for kids or married you wont have enough hours in the day  more... to fix and complete and do everything they want you too.  less
Pros
Good pay, free lunch alot
Cons
Senior managment, long hours, on call.
Unprofessional
N/A (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 26, 2019
Not a good company to work for. Poor leadership, no organization. Zero interpersonal skills, no appreciation for work done by employees. No work life balance. No Concern for the well being of employees.
Horrible management
Cash Management Services Teller (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 22, 2019
There is no room to grow! Nearly trainings at times it the blind leading the blind! Hours are longer than expected! Management show favoritism! They never list to any concerns! We're expected to work fast which is no problem but when UNDER staffed (not SHORT staffed) they want you to work like a dog NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!! Work here I wasnt just a working mother I quickly became a part time mother!
Pros
Great place to gain skills
Cons
The work always come first not matter your health
Could be a lot better.. Favoritism
Cash Management Service Teller (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 17, 2019
I like how my review was deleted (go figure) BUT Manager/supervisors show a lot favoritism towards a few tellers. I was hired for a position I didn't applied for. There is absolutely no teamwork, everybody for themselves. When the "favorite" has a problem outside of work she's more than welcome to leave work. When I have a doctor's appointment we "just have to wait and see how much of the work is done before I can leave." Sometimes it was mandatory overtime. Having a set schedule & the weekends off is nice.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, Weekends Off
Cons
May be hired for a position you didn't apply for, Favoritism, Bad management
Terrible management
COURIER/OFFICE AND BUSINESS SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 14, 2019
One of the worst places to work. Terrible management, filthy and dangerous work environment, equipment not kept in good shape. Mechanics were given very little to keep fleet running adequately.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis Armored US, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9