Loomis Armored US, LLC Employee Reviews for Guard

Found 87 reviews matching the search See all 1,385 reviews
Avoid avoid
Driver/ guard (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and WearMay 13, 2019
Terrible employer, always short of staff, supposedly four staff starting Jan 2019,, one contacted said he'd changed his mind, two unable to contact, one started and now working his notice, SAYS IT ALL!!
Pros
Two free cuppas per day- WOW
Cons
Where to start
Pretty Good Job
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, IL 60527April 22, 2019
I really enjoyed working there, my managers and co-workers were really good people but it's a really stressful job, long, REALLY long hours and kinda dangerous but i really enjoyed it.
Pros
Great people and money
Cons
Long hours and stressful
N/a
Ast/driver / GUARD (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 12, 2019
work was exact when dealing with money, and driving
vehicles were large and heavy. Needed DOT to drive in that position as well being aware of your surroundings at all time.
Pros
Work with good people on friendly basis
Cons
hsving to be alert every moment when on the street
My Summery
Armored Guard (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 10, 2019
Loomis is a good job to work, like any job, it has it's ups and downs. I also feel the job should pay us more per hour than what were getting considering the responsibility.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
pay sucks
Ok work for a few years. Not for a career
Driver guard (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 22, 2019
My day was long. 10-12 hours, 6 days a week. Time off was hard to find as we were short staffed. Most of the staff either thought they were Police Officers and the others thought they were on vacation. My manager was great. It was constant, stressful work but at least you are outside almost all day.
Part time work
Part-Time Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2018
For a part time high stress job this was actually a lot of fun. the group I worked with at that time made each day an adventure and a learning experience.
Very competitive place to work for.
Armor Guard/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 19, 2018
A typical day may consist of starting at 7 am and not getting done until 7 or 8 pm. It all depends on how many stops you have for the day. The management there wasn't very fair to certain people and employees were over looked for job advancement. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting of coins that were received from stops.
Interesting
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 24, 2018
The job at Loomis is a very stressful one. You are responsible for the safe transportation of large sums of money. You also have to follow a lot of rules and are on edge at all time. It's an enjoyable job but it's not for everyone.
Pros
Interesting, Different
Cons
Long hours, sometimes uncomfortable working conditions
Duties
Armored Guard/Driver/ATM Tech. (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 2, 2018
As an armored guard daily duties consists of delivering and picking up liability from multiple locations, replenishing and stocking ATM's of liability and supplies, and assisting the route supervisor with the debriefing of all routes.
Pros
International travel
Cons
Manager does nothing, operation manager has favoritism
Driver guard (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 7, 2018
Manager does absolutely nothing at this place, operation manager dogs you out on the schedule if you ever miss a day, or if you dont kiss his but.
Extremely unorganized place to work!
I was very surprised that a place that transports money can be so unorganized.
Pros
The money
Cons
Good job, but has drawbacks
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2018
Typical work day: 10-16 hours/day. Work environment is ok, but untrustworthy. Management is iffy, does not listen or seem to care about your issues or ideas.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long Work Hours
its ok
Driver and Guard (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX 79106June 25, 2018
the pay was extremely low for a job that you could die from
they only gave a 10% raise every year no matter how well you did . they would break their own rules all the time. multiple time they made me drive 3 hours by myself to go do a atm at 11 at night
Best job
Driver/Armored Guard (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
It was the most awesome job i've ever held. Great management team . Well organized and very proffesional. They want you to suceed. Evereyone has a smile on and people actually want to come to work,
Pros
Great people
Cons
Time consuming
Overall
Amoured Guard (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 11, 2018
The experience with working with this company was pretty cool, but I really don't think the workers are paid enough for the hard work and time put with this company.. I really don't understand why the company doesn't pay over time.. The hours are long the money is sometimes heavy and the work conditions can be very extreme.. I think they should value the employee a bit more than they do. For it's not only physically draining, but mentally as well. Very dangerous!! I was able to establish a great friendship with my partner you have to, that's you set of eyes and you have to trust each other.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
No overtime Dangerous
For DFW pay is fair but it’s hard work
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2018
I spent a year at Loomis. I enjoyed it. I made pretty good money. It’s lots of hours and overtime job ain’t easy. Work hard you will be taken care of.
Pros
Independence, good pay
Cons
Crazy work hours
Great place to work.
Driver/ Guard (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 1, 2018
Great Place to work if you don't mind working long hours. The pay could be a little higher for the type of work we do. Overtime is a plus because it makes the pay worth while.
Pros
Paid lunch while on duty
Cons
Long Hours
Fast Paced, Exciting environment
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 29, 2018
My time with Loomis was brief, however, I made good friends, had the opportunity to travel to other branches, learned all aspects of the armored car business, and excelled. on average, I worked between 70-80 hours a week, but did not really mind as it was great pay, the company has a very competitive benefits package, and if given the opportunity in the future, would love to work for them again.
Expect a long working day
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsApril 24, 2018
A day at Loomis usually involves more work than you can do in a 10 hour shift. The work can be hard, and there is an element of risk involved. The hourly pay is good though.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Long hours and you occasionally get chased by people armed with weapons
not for me
DRIVER/GUARD (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 20, 2018
Company has great goals but falls very short in a number of areas, pay, following procedures, and advancement opportunities are rare not to mention the inconsistent work hours
Not much room for the growth.
Armored Driver/Guard Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 19, 2018
Decent place to work. They don't micromanage. You're able to get your work done in a timely manner. Management does not provide many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Management does not micro manage.
Cons
Pay is below average.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis Armored US, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9