Loomis Armored US, LLC Management reviews

Found 597 reviews matching the search See all 1,362 reviews
Competitive environment with room to make your own management decisions within a structure of mandates.
District Vice President (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2019
I very much enjoyed my long career at Loomis and I wish them well in the future. I spent my final year managing the US operations for international shipments but a recent management change chose to disband that line of business.
Pros
Competitive work environment with room to allow a manager to make his or her own decisions.
Waste of Time
Fed Vault Custodian (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 18, 2019
Today it is horrible and not the way it was years ago.
It is like working for a dictator and if you do not do what they want
then you are not being a team player.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Low pay, Long hours, Horrible Management starting at the top
terrible
Armored Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 16, 2019
nasty old broke down trucks. management has nasty attitudes. they over work you to death. 10-12 hrs a day. play favorites and no benefits. there are not enough employees to work the shifts. if someone calls out they make you run their route. no time for family. overtime is only paid on the 6th day you work.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, no vacation, no benefits, over work, under paid
Easy job, long hours
Cash Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2019
Management is horrible. They show clear favoritism and only punish who they want when something goes wrong. Most of the time management doesn’t even know how the do the job the smart way instead of the long way. They don’t care how early you come in, you still can’t leave until the work is done. They have a horrible turnover rate so there is never anyone there to help you. The only upside to scheduling is that you get weekends off but say goodbye to your weekdays because you’re stuck there all day. It’s an easy job, and I would recommend it to anyone just looking for something to pass the time. But not a great career choice if you ask me.
Pros
Weekends off, benefits
Cons
Overtime, management
Not a good place
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJApril 12, 2019
Trucks are garbage. Management is horrible. 3 Leads in the morning and no one there after working a 12-16 hour shift.
Have young guys in charge who show favoritism to others
20-40 stops daily — if you have a tech who knows they can Milk the clock and nothing be done about it ,be ready to stay out for 15 or more hours a day.
They don’t care about DOT laws.
No sleep and no life
Pros
Cons
Read
Drove from account to accout
Armed Service Techniciain (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 7, 2019
Very unfair wotking long hours. Had no i clue about DOT LAWS should be enforceed. Boss doesn't care how long you work, could be 17 hours. They careless about you anly delivering the assest
Pros
Sime coworkers
Cons
No paid overtime its all straight timehet bak asblate
Garbage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 5, 2019
I worked for Loomis less than 6 months. Trucks are garbage. They are always breaking down or have little to no A/C. No A/C in Tempe AZ in the summer is not acceptable. One weekend day off, one weekday off. No days off together. Anywhere from 9-15 hours in a truck that smells like a locker room. Managers are unprofessional. You are always being threatened with your job and write ups even though you've never had the issue of the day. One manager refused to talk to new drivers. She would always talk to the hopper/messenger even if you were standing right next to her. Average route was 50-60 stops. Thats roughly 6 stops an hour or one every 10 minutes. And if your hopper isn't milking the clock, 9-10 hours was average with a good hopper. Slow hoppers would be 13-15 hours out on the road. Management had zero concern for your safety. I thought this would be a professional company I could work for after retiring from law enforcement. I was sadly mistaken.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Throw the dart and see what comes up
Loomis armored in st paul, minnesota
Cms teller (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 4, 2019
This place is a disaster to work in..poor management and lazy people. Always under staffed and never meeting deadlines meaning you stay late until finished.
Pros
Free parking with security cameras
Cons
Underpaid, under staff, dumb AF managers and leads
Great place just low pay
Debriefer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 2, 2019
Great people
Great location
Low pay
The management are very understanding however they don’t provide correct information when it comes to hours and amount of work
Pros
Close to RTP
Cons
Hourly Pay
different
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 2, 2019
A lot of money flow, overtime was mandatory there was no leaving if you wanted to, If you had to leave you had to write a written excuse to leave. Always being watched.
Great company
Cash Management Teller (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 29, 2019
I loved working here the short time I was employed there. At least In my shift, Management was always around making sure work was getting done. Sometimes days would be very busy but as long as people did their work it got done rather quickly.
Pros
Overtime, great communication
Cons
Long work hours
No Frills Work Environment
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2019
Management never took time to listen to employee's concerns. Never offer any career advise or concerns if employees were satisfy with the work environment. Would not recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Human Researches, Disconnected with employees
Bad place to work long term.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2019
Bad place to work long term. Management is often not at work, you are payed very low for the risk. Work conditions are really bad as well, trucks with no heat in the winter and trucks with no AC in the summer.
Discouraging environment and ultimately little chance of success
Technology (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2019
I'm hesitant to write this review. I was enthusiastic to join Loomis and felt I had an incredible opportunity to better the organization for both employees and shareholders alike. I had real plans for helping Loomis' return as industry leader. But...

Loomis is a 150 year old company that started life as a trucking company. Many employees have grown-up within the organization which has its own pros and cons. Having so much historical knowledge contained within the employees is fantastic but it also means they often don't have experience with any other business so there is a very real, "Who moved my cheese?" type scenario at play within Loomis, at all levels. They know what they know and are reluctant to change anything for fear it will change the jobs they've been doing for decades. To much of upper management, Loomis is still the same trucking company they were 20, 30, even 40 years ago. They cannot grasp the fact that every revenue-generating product and service that Loomis offers is driven entirely by a severely understaffed and underfunded technology team who is consistently denied budget to make improvements. It's a difficult environment to succeed within and is often driven by short-sighted political decisions of a clique of "lifers" within the c-level, business units and technology. Ultimately and sadly, real change is often met with fear, hostility and frustration.
Pros
Good stability for the right kind of individual (inexpensive, senior-level developers mostly)
Cons
Set solidly in their ways and unwilling to make real change.
If you want to hear the TRUTH about Loomis... The TRUTH SHALL BE TOLD!!!
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2019
Only certain people are straight forward and thorough while others don't see your needs to be off even though you have the PTO. You have no life when off and basically forcing you to work days you don't want to work. Attitude is horrible and unprofessional, everyone in management wants to be in charge. I basically grew apart from this job (similar to having a bad relationship) simply because I didn't have a life and the hours was horrible. Don't spend your whole time working 10 and 30 years at a job that doesn't give care about your LIFE!!!!
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Terrible place to work
CMS Processor (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIMarch 26, 2019
Unsanitary work environment. Terrible management. Terrible training and benefits. Strange smells coming from the ventilation systems. Restrooms were filthy and had mold growing everywhere.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
I wouldn't recommend working at Loomis
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 26, 2019
Unclean environment they dont clean the station when someone else no longer works there they expect the new person to clean it..old 1990 computers cash machines need to be up to date..no proper training, they will throw you in to counting its fast pace with no training..
Pros
Some tellers were nice
Cons
Management was rude
Unimpressive International company
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boylston, MAMarch 25, 2019
For such a large company they cut every corner to make budget. If they would spend money on transportation, worker needs and site maintenance, this would be a location.
Pros
occasional lunches, steady work work
Cons
communication, Hr, inconsistent management
Avoid if possible
Cash Management Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 21, 2019
A typical day at Loomis, I would clock in, put my stuff away-there are no coats and “phones” allowed on the floor. While working here for a couple months, we were allowed to be on our phones, but they just “recently” became strict with the no phone policy. The environment here is horrible. Everyone complains about their job, gives everyone attitude, always short staffed and LAZY. You are constantly judged around here. If you apply for the teller position, but end up in the vault, let me tell you, the job description is totally different. You’re the one that packs the money for ATMS/banks. They treat you differently if you work in the vault. You have to stay until everything is done, while the other tellers get to leave early and you have to stay back and fix their problems. For example, short money or over money. Management SUCKS! They don’t care about anything or anyone. They favor a lot of people and if they don’t like you, you can end up getting fired or written up. I would avoid this place AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
Poor Workplace environment
Route Lead (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 20, 2019
Working 65+ hours during the week, leaves you no free time outside of work. Poor management has lead an increase of employee turnover. I have been at the company for over 2 years and have seen at least 15 plus employees leave the job. The starting pay of the job is not worth the dangers of the job. This is a job and not a career.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis Armored US, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9