Loomis

Based on 1,095 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Management will try its best, but upper management will prevent them from helping you succeed

If you’re single and just looking for a job to pass time with no advancement, you’ve found the perfect fit. The management is there to take care of theirselves first before they help you.

Absolutely terrible workplace.

If you want to work a $20-$25/hr job for 15-17/hr and be overworked and unappreciated this is the place for you. Management is absolutely awful. Coworkers are not so great either, after getting screwed over by management, everyone is basically out for themselves and will throw you under the bus for their own benefit. Job assignments change almost daily, so there is absolutely no stability. You basically never know what time you will get off.

Watch out

Unsafe trucks that shouldn't be on the roads. Coworkers were cool but the trucks took the cake. Also Coworkers drive unsafe at times that left me scared for my life. When reported to management thet laughed

Pros

None really

Cons

Driving all day

Absolutely a horrible place to work!!

I can't even begin to describe how miserable l was working for Loomis. I worked so hard every single day, carrying more than my share of the workload. Supervisor was unkind and a backstabber and did not care that the job was taking a physical and an emotional toll on me, despite seeing me have frequent breakdowns at work. The actual work was fine but everything else was unbelievably horrible.

Pros

Cons

Management, hours expected to work, zero appreciation, treated very poorly, pay was unfair, fellow employees do not do their share and nothing is done about it, denied a day off for a very important event

Horrible management

The managers do NOT listen to the needs of their employees. Nor do they care about the workload that needs to be done on a daily basis, with VERY few employees. The turn over rate is ridiculously high. I do NOT recommend working here.

Pros

Few friends.

Cons

Management. Long hours. No pay increase.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

absolute poor managment

Management does NOT care that you have a life outside of work. you work 60 hour weeks with ZERO overtime. unless you work 6 days in a row . will hardly let you off if you need time off. the equipment is horrible. you would think with the type of job you did you would have a truck with running AC. your coworkers literally dont care about you they only care about themselves. the management ultimately only sees you as a body and not a person. they only care about what makes them look better. the worst job ive ever had.

Pros

Cons

you never get a break, lunch on truck, trucks that barely work

Horrible management

I started working at this company because it was only 2 miles from my house.Management in this company is very unprofessional and incompetent. The branch manager started making me drive routes even though my position was Mechanic and it was not my job to do so. Also their shop is in disrepair and management is too cheap to invest in any sort of decent tools. Their excuse was that they were going to move to a new building. Real reason was micromanagement.If you're a mechanic there are WAY better jobs out there. Don't waste your time with this dead end job.

Pros

Convenient location but that was it

Cons

Poor pay, awful management, micromanagement and run down facilities

Good

Extra cool … good pay 18.25… health and dental… .50 cents raise every year… nice coworkers and environment… Monday to Friday with every other Saturday …every Sunday off… paid holidays…

Bad

Very poor supervision not consistent favoritism to may hours. No overtime pay salary sucks they let family work there and supervisor them totally unfair

Have heat and air conditioning

The worst place to be !!! Please do not consider this place it will have u highly stressed feeling like you’re in high school if you are not in good with the manager you’re not in the “in crowd”…. They will flip flop you from one job to another and not care if you like it or not !! The branch manager and manager are very unfriendly they don’t care about the way you feel and if you’re having problems at work if you address it they will go back and tell the person who you are complaining about very unprofessional!!!!

Pros

Cons

Eveything

Jobs at Loomis

See more jobs

Want to be screwed then Loomis is for you!

Your driving better be perfect because the slightest error driving like tapping the brakes or hitting the gas to hard will trigger the smart drive camera to start recording you. Will you will almost definitely be working more than 40 hours a week loomis uses a loophole in DOT so they don't have to pay overtime till after 50 hours of work.

Pros

You get to carry a gun a some point

Lots of hours

Lots of overtime and people are nice. Long hours and helpful training. Provide a vest and help with firearm license and guard card. Easy to grow in the company.

Pay can be low for starting positions, but they promote from within

I loved my job, but wasn’t making enough money. I experienced a lot of people drama which wasn’t my favorite but for most jobs you can put on some headphones and ignore most of it. It can also be repetitive and that may bother some. There are no windows which some people find disconcerting.

Pros

Except for drivers there is no customer service

Cons

Low pay if you don’t want to be a manager

The job was fun but management was not the best.

Enjoyed the job. Management was not the best. He wouldn't or couldn't help with my questions most the time. We would depend on each other for help. There was also no room for moving up.

Pros

You always got your vacation.

Cons

Bad management.

Poor work-life balance

If you are single and life is your work then this job is for you. Kids? College? Not ideal. Pay attention to the job descriptions and understand the responsibilities at hand. You are handling millions of dollars of other people's money.

Pros

Overtime, holidays off

Cons

Work life balance

Fast paced, little incentive.

Once you learn the job, it's fairly easy since you do the same thing every day. The company itself does not put much back into their employees, it's very unfortunate. Accuracy and speed are key, it's very similar to working in a warehouse, main focus being production. Coworkers can make or break the day since you tend to work side by side with them in everything you do, but it can be fun.

Pros

Not having to work with the general public.

Cons

Super long hours due to staffing, not much for company incentive and the pay is not adequate for the Reno market.

Family life

Working at Loomis you will not have time for a personal life. They always have the same ppl working on Saturday instead of rotating each employee. It seems like this one employee is calling the shot instead of the supervisor. Making it a bad environment to work in bc you will witness them having shouting matches, clearly case of insubordination on the employee part. However nothing gets done to the employee, just swept under the rug.

Pros

Pto time after a yr on jobs

Cons

Bad management, no time for personal life, no advancement opportunities

The job is easy but alot to remember.

There is alot of stress because this is a production job. We aren't paid enough for what we need to know and have to do. In some places inside Loomis, there is heavy lifting. We don't have sicktime that we can take. If you are sick and have to call out, you get written up whether you have a doc note or not. We do have paid days we can take but you have to put them in 3 weeks in advance. Not the best place to work but not the worst either. It is a steady job with job security. We worked during the first pandemic because it is an essential job. We work to keep the money flowing as we are an armored car company. We work with the Feds and banks to keep the economy flowing. Im glad and have been blessed to work here.

Pros

Job security, benefits, and overtime and can laugh and joke around on the job as long as we get our work done.

Cons

30 min lunches, stressful, long hours on some days

Somewhat productive

Worked allot of hours lost allot of time away from family and was discarded easily after 5 years due to being away from home and having to take care of business

Lacking good management

management pretends and is not trustworthy company does not value employeesvision is posted but not followedculture lackingmost enjoyable part of the job is when you leave

Demanding

You'll be asked to do more than you were original told (Which isnt abnormal). The issue is that you'll be expected to do more than what your paid to do and you wont be compensated or even respected more than anyone else for going above and beyond. You'll be asked to "help out" and you'll do what they say until you realize that all your extra efforts were for absolutely nothing. Management breaks rules and throws you under the bus when confronted. Hours are long and tiring, but you wont be appreciated for all the help you've given prior. Most people quit because managers take advantage of hard workers but will not give you time off or respect for the extra effort you put in. Human resources will do basically nothing to help the situation, but tell you that if you have any problems to email them. You'll be lucky to even receive a reply from them at all.

Pros

Overtime is abundant

Cons

A minor mistake will cost you your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight