LoopUp Employee Reviews

Not what it seems
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2017
All cold calling
Little incentive for advancement
Heavily Micro-Managed
Favoritism shown by mgmt
UK company, everything "good" that they will say happened to this company refers to UK success. Very minimal traction in US market
Inferior product to Skype For Business/Blue Jeans/Webex etc
Low pay, next level offers very little raise
Alleged lucrative commission, but very hard to reach benchmarks
Archaic prospecting tactics
Will be fired for being 1 minute late, even if communicated w/supervisor (kid you not!!) So if you work in their SF or NYC office, and you take public transport it can be your end at LoopUp.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, see above
Great company culture/career advancement opportunity
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 24, 2016
The base salary pay is low for a Business Development Associate (BDA), but there are great opportunities in terms of increasing commission levels and rapid career advancement as the company expands post-IPO. The product itself is fantastic and offers a customer-centric experience that provides real value to its target market; and, the culture is a team-based working environment where everyone enables each other for success. The company is not too small, where you are unsure about stability and growth potential and not too large, where you cannot make a significant impact. Thus, the pay itself for a BDA is not as competitive as other tech companies (especially in San Francisco); but, if you are early in your career and your goal is to make an impact and have an opportunity for fast career advancement in sales at a global, medium-sized tech company; then, LoopUp might be a good fit.
Pros
Career advancement, culture, sales process, work-life balance
Cons
Pay
Fun but constant rejection
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2016
Fun atmosphere to work, with many fresh out of college grads. However, a lot of the job involves pure cold calling and there is no marketing aspect to the sales position.
Decent Entry Level Sales Experience
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2015
This is a great place to gain work experience in technology sales. Advancement is scarce as the company is not growing as quickly as others in its category.
Work hard play hard fun work environment
Senior Account Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work consists of first scanning my new emails to see if there are any urgent questions from my clients that need my immediate attention. If not, I do set aside some time before lunch to reply to all of my emails. After this my schedule consists of a mix of outbound calls/cold calling into prospective clients to set up product demonstrations. I then host some product demonstrations, follow-up meetings, account management meetings, and training sessions appropriately.

I learned how to think on my feet, and I learned how to be more professionally aggressive when it comes to doing business.

Management is pretty flexible, I have a manager who travels to and from three different offices. My sales team is expected to show a certain amount of activity through our Salesforce CRM and are always expected to do what we need to do everyday to hit our monthly quotas.

My co-workers are very fun and down to earth individuals who all have different strengths in sales that I can to learn from everyday.

The hardest part of the job is finding the right opportunity.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finding out you've truly helped make your client's life easier with your product; when you've closed a win win situation.
Pros
Free snacks/costco
Productive fun Startup Enviorment
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, Ca June 18, 2013
Great startup company located in the South of Market area of San Francisco. Cloud based Audio and Web based Conferencing Soltution. Great Team oriented working atmosphere.
Pros
Free Snacks, Great Office Location, ping pong/pool table. Amazing group of Employees
Cons
Competition in the Market