Lorain County Community College Employee Reviews

Great work place
Student Worker/Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 7, 2018
The nicest, sweetest, kindest people you will ever meet . No one yells at you. They are so understanding when you do something wrong and they encourage you to do better .
nice place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoy working at LCCC as an OPOTA Police Academy Instructor.
I teach 2 or 3 topics each class. I would accept additional hours if offered. (placeholder to have minimum characters)
i was able to help students and the public
ABLE/GED Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Never a dull moment at work. Always helping students. Learning more job responsibilities. Testing students. Directing students to different departments. Working in different buildings.
Pros
free training
Cons
Working there was a balanced experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 7, 2017
Most of the time we were sitting around waiting for people to come rent audio/video equipment. That was the slow part. Our manager would often like to have us complete assignments like cleaning certain areas, making sure certain video interactive rooms were functioning properly, and making sure the equipment we had in the room was functioning properly. The best part was setting up for event that the school would have featuring guest speaks, bands, or dinners. We would have to set up audio cables tapes to the floor and connect the to audio jacks, making sure they were supplying sound to speakers.

Before that I worked in the computer department of the school where I would receive tickets to go fix employees computers. I also got to set up brand new computer stations all over the school multiple times. The best part was making everything look professional. Re-imaging computers was also a common task. As was cleaning the stock room.
Pros
Free food, New work related experiences
Cons
Sitting around doing nothing.
I am an Adjunct Nursing Instructor. The students were very easy to work with.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 20, 2017
Very nice people to work for. The lead instructors provide every thing you need to teach the clinical class. The Clinical Coordinator is very easy to work with.
Pros
Wonderful students
Cons
Adjunct status. Needing something full time and that is very hard to come by.
good
Bursar - Manager of Student Accounts (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 11, 2017
Overall working at the college isgood. Benefits are great. People are friendly. Lots of things to do there. Alot of community activity. Have lots of activities to participate in.
Productive Energetic Environment
Computer and Information Systems Tutor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 3, 2017
I have worked at Lorain County Community College for 7,5 years. Initially I was a student and working to tutor the fellow students in my class. My professor saw that i was able and ahead of the class and he approved me to tutor Visual Basic introduction class. Since then I have worked tutoring many of the classes that I have taken and I have worked from as little as 2 hours per week to over 40 hours per week. I find that the different students that I work with keep me up-to-date with the material and allow me to continue to working on the logical thinking and programming. I continue to work at Lorain County Community College because I like what I am doing.l It would be better if the pay was more, but I also am able to work my own set hours.
Pros
Work my own set hours
Cons
Many weeks there aren't enough hours
work environment
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Enjoyed working at LCCC. The members were a joy to help. My co-workers were also great. I had an opportunity to work in two different locations.......
Lorain County Community College
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 15, 2017
I loved teaching. I stopped teaching due to family obligation. This was a second job and I had to quit to help with my grand child. Loved teaching. Adjunct teaching gave me a chance to do what I loved and make extra money.
Not a productive enviornment
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 11, 2017
The job is not difficult, but there is no advancement here. Our department is the misfit department. We never get to participate in college activities because we have to stay open, so we are never a part of the college experiences. We don't get recognized for anything we do in the department. We are the only department open on Saturdays, while everyone else get's to enjoy their weekends we have to be open every Saturday and we also have to be open every evening until 7:30 pm. The compensation is not that good for all that we have to learn and do, but they don't seem to care about the part-time staff.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, Extended hours, No overtime available, No advancement, No rewards, No recognition
Pleasant and Helpful Community
English Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 25, 2017
All employees are happy and willing to help. Students vary as in any educational institution. Adjunct pay is very low (a nationwide problem) and adjuncts have no hope to grow in status or become full-time.
Pros
Welcoming Community
Cons
No hope for full-time
Motivating
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJune 13, 2017
Half of the time is spent observing faculty and studying their teaching methods/style, while the other half is spent leading lessons. This is excellent training for potential future teachers.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHJune 12, 2017
I have control over what I teach and how. I don't get many classes because they don't offer much geology. There has recently been a change in the department's administration so I'm unsure of my future there.
Work bbq
Administrative Assistant / Frontdesk (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 31, 2017
They do have lunches to honor different Depts. They have alot of community fundraisers . All sorts of academic clubs for students . For being a college they have a low start pay and its hard to get a fair raise.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, bad compensation
n\a
Computer Resource Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 10, 2017
I do not feel like this should be a mandatory field to continue. I do not want to write a review that is out on the internet publicly for everyone to see.
Fantastic
Clinical Instructor of Surgical Technology (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 24, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy teaching the upcoming new surgical technologist. I do plan on continuing to teach in the fall. It is important to invest in our future.
Cons
I am not teaching during the summer
A great place to begin your teaching career
English Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 24, 2017
The staff and management are very professional and sincerely care about students. The only drawback, like all colleges, is working as an adjunct instructor. The pay is awful and there is no hope for any financial or medical benefits.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Little compensation
sad
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 25, 2017
The administration does not care enough about the students! They tend to forget the students are why they have a job. Not a nice culture. They ignore you when you say a friendly Good Morning or a simple Hi. I believe this is a major factor why enrollment is down. They are overall cold. very cold! Not motivating at all. The only office that was truly welcoming was the Student Life Office, the Financial Aid Office and the office that deals with transcripts.
Pros
get paid
Cons
not friendly
The college is very nice overall.
Adjunct Faculty/Dental Hygiene (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 21, 2016
The college is very nice overall. However, there are few opportunities for full time employment or for advancement. It seems there is also high turnover.
easy workplace
Grab and Go foodservice (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 8, 2016
everyone worked as a team. we all had our own responsibilities and with plenty of help were able to complete them flawlessly. communication was very easy because we all worked I close range
Pros
30 min break every 3 hours
Cons
not enough opportunity to move up in company