Lorain County Community College Employee Reviews

great group of people to work with.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 18, 2019
I worked at LCCC for six years and enjoyed it very much. I was the Coordinator of the nursing skills lab for most of my time there. I coordinated the staffing, scheduling and ordering for the lab. A typical day entailed me making sure all staff scheduled for that day were present, organizing equipment required for all classes on a day-to-day basis, and covering any lab classes as required (if an instructor was absent). I also attended faculty meetings from which I shared relevant information with the lab staff. One of my strengths has always been communication and I learned once more in this position how important good communication is. Management was supportive of the lab and always open to suggestions. The workplace culture emphasizes collaboration and collegiality. The hardest part of the job was telling a student he/she was not successful in the lab. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly and supportive atmosphere and the wonderful people I worked with.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
health insurance not really good
Great until new management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 12, 2019
Great place to work until management changed; afterwards, the experience wasn't fulfilling or what I was looking for in a workplace. Prior to new management, I would highly recommend it, especially for students needing income.
Relaxed managers as long as you do the bare minimum
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 25, 2019
It is a good intro job that is hard to get fired from. The boss is not strict and the people are friendly. Not to much is expected from workers. Perfect for students.
Pros
50% off food and free starbucks
Cons
Hours of operation don’t leave much wiggle room to get a full 8 hours
Less flexible than it used to be.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  OHDecember 26, 2018
New management made changes to texts and ability for instructors to have freedom to teach what they want for the worse. Instructors have a lot less freedom to teach than what they used to.
No room to advance.
Poor pay.
No long-term contracts for adjunct.
No benefits.
No union.
Flexible Hours
Student worker within Welding department (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 6, 2018
In my experience, Lorain county community college has been a great place to work. The hours have been very flexible to work around college classes. overall i have been satisfied with my work experience.
Productive and efficient work culture
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 29, 2018
Lorain County Community College has provided me with both academic and career advancement. The work environment is professional and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was learning the accounting software. My hours were made flexible when I was pursuing my degrees, for which I was extremely appreciative. I manage my time efficiently and meet deadlines accordingly.
Pros
Adequate training
Lorain County Community College is an adequate work environment
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 14, 2018
Lorain County Community College is a friendly atmosphere that is able to work with schedules. Part time employment is open to many in the community with a flexible, friendly atmosphere that is also professional.
Fun Place to Work
Live Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 4, 2018
Many of the employees are very friendly and the management is ver reasonable when it comes to time off and compensation; and understanding when someone is unable to work. They all love to teach and have fun!
Nice job during school
Elyria - Supplementary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 28, 2018
I appreciated my job as a supplementary instructor because while in school it was only about 10 hours a week, so I had a good amount of time to study while still making some money on the side.
Pros
Nice for on the side
Cons
No raises, No more than 25 hours per paycheck
Adaptable college courses schedules and willing to work with you
Marketplace Food Service worker (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH 44035October 9, 2018
As long as you do your job,come in when supposed to it's a good job for college students. They will work according to class schedules. They offer a 401k for part time as well as staff parking
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
no real advancement
Excellent Place of Employment
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  N Ridgeville, OH 44039September 27, 2018
A typical work day was always busy. LCCC is an excellent place to work, and I would recommend it to anyone. I especially enjoyed the atmosphere in my office with co-workers.
Pros
Pay every 2 weeks
Cons
Not enough minority employees
It was a fun place to work & grow
Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 19, 2018
My only issue was that I wasn't able to make full time with benefits & my children could have attended at a lower rate unfortunately the maintenance/custodial dept was cancelled & outsourced
Multiple duties, balanced workload
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 18, 2018
This was a wonderful part-time job, but very little support from management. Most days wer fast pace, however the paced slowed down when students were on semester breaks. The challenge of the position involved balancing responsibilities in a timely manner and maintaining a good relationship with instructors and the Testing Center.
Pros
Work schedule, dealing with people and multi-tasking.
Cons
Limited communication with supervisor as she had multiple roles.
Very fun and productive work environment.
Customer Service Web Store/Floor (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 11, 2018
Wonderful work associates, very reasonable management. Flexible hours and low-stress work. Fulfilling job roles, and opportunities for advancement and job variety.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Low pay.
Nursing Instructor
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 9, 2018
I hastily signed a contract with them to teach nursing last summer. They added a computer class to what they asked me to do and didn't ask me ahead of time about teaching both a didactic and computer related class. I didn't appreciate this and I'm not looking to add any classes with them in the future.
Pros
I have nursing friends there.
Cons
They added on classes I didn't approve to a contract I had to sign fast.
President is cut throat and positions are not secure
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHJune 21, 2018
I've worked in two different positions here for a few years now - Had interviews for other positions that have been presented as 'Definitely just a formality' that were given to other people. Had various friends lose positions solely based on higher ups wanting someone else in their position, not due to quality or quantity of work at all. President doesn't care about workers at all and will do ANYTHING it takes to keep students happy
Pros
Co-workers became great friends
Cons
Management is not kind to employees
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJune 15, 2018
I was a student worker they went arohnd classes which was nice but at times I had less hours than what I was allowed using federal work study . Shouldn’t have 3 student workers doing same thing because there may be misfiled items
Pros
Nice boss
Cons
None as of right now
Beautiful location Wonderful proffessionals
Lorain (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 11, 2018
I spent a few weeks interning in the business development office and enjoyed my time there and learned a great deal. Growing in skills was encouraged.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 16, 2018
Productive. Fun place to work. I learned a lot from the Sous Chef, and got to work with a great staff. I will take what I learned and apply it to my future job.
Enjoyable job
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 30, 2018
I love teaching at LCCC. I'm looking for a part time job so I can continue to to teach. Fewer courses are available to teach and I need to supplement my income.
Pros
Flexible hours, interesting work
Cons
Not enough hours