Lorain County Health & Dentistry Employee Reviews

Understaffed at all offices
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 19, 2019
The biggest problem was understaffing, leading to a very stressful work life. Upper management didn't care about this fact. They offered paid time off, but it was difficult & sometimes impossible to take it because of understaffing. The hourly pay was ridiculous when weighed with the responsibilities expected. On the plus side, I worked with many truly amazing people.
Serving with compassion
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHFebruary 13, 2019
This is a fast paced environment where we provide health and dentistry services to patients. We will see the patient whether of their ability to pay or not. We do not turn patients away. I have learned more regarding insurances, patient care/management. We have a wonderful cultural diversities and we do not discriminate against sex, gender, ethnicity, religion, etc. I don't think there's a hard part of the job. We support communities activities, and we volunteer on events around Lorain county.
Just don't
Medical Records / Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 18, 2018
The supervision and management are very stuck up and treat staff as less than. You are meant to be seen and not heard, and lord help you if you're caught even saying hi to another staff member.
Fast paced Health Center with little chance for advancement
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 7, 2018
I was directly involved in patient care and the volume of patients was far higher than someone can reasonably handle. Burnout is why I left, despite discussions with the CEO and managers about this concern. No relief was ever offered. If you are support staff and not responsible for direct patient care the job could be a very good opportunity. From a provider perspective there are far more opportunities for better pay and better scheduling in the private sector.
Pros
Excellent benefits and a genuine concern for the patients and staff.
Cons
Overworked, burnout, high employee turnover.
Nursing : Horrible Management / Extremely low pay
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMay 13, 2016
Overworked & understaffed, the concern was productivity and not patient care. The hourly compensation was horrible. It was a nightmare trying to explain all the above to management. They didn't care about your opinion and would not support nursing. This company has a high turn over rate, people are always quitting. As a nurse it was the worst possible working environment.
My overall daily experience
Sr. Financial and enrollment specialist (Current Employee) –  Lorain countyAugust 11, 2015
My typical day consist of meeting and discussing in detail patients healthcare needs. From securing a provider, Medicaid, marketplace or just using the sliding fee scale. We discuss co-pays, and the types of providers they will have access to. I also, provide names/numbers to additional resources in the community if a need is brought to my attention.
Fast pace work eviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHMay 27, 2015
Typical day at work consist of registering and discharging patients, making appointments and taking messages. I've learned to deal with various situations and people. I enjoy my co-workers most of us are very close we have become very good friends. The most I enjoy is going home knowing I helped someone today.
Friendly and efficient coworkers
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 27, 2015
At LCHD I had the most amazing coworkers. Unfortunately, there was not enough training in many of the positions. I also had a long commute back and forth to this job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Commute
People oriented business helping the community with medical needs
Customer Service Representative/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 19, 2014
Many responsibilities as medical assistant/customer service representative which included patient care, proper paperwork and information in charts and computer system, filing, answering multiple phone lines, scheduling appointments, messages to and from physicians and nurses, scheduling van services for rides to and from appointments, typed letters for physicians, charting in patient charts, medications for patients, patients to rooms for physicians, receptionist/discharge desks, pediatrics, internal medicine, ob/gyn, podiatry, some dental and infectious disease offices, two buildings, call center and much more. I learned a great deal while working there. Management was great, co-workers that were terrific, the hardest part of job was dealing with patients attitudes, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public.
Pros
Cons
Patient's attitudes
low income health clinic
Clinical Assistant - Adult and Pediatric Nursing (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJune 7, 2013
The hours were great. Monday through Friday with no weekends or holidays. A typical day is approximately rooming 20-30 patients per 8 hour shift. It's a fast paced office and with the demographic of patients we cater to, it was challenging at times.
Pros
office hours
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, constantly short staffed.
Great work experience
LORAIN, OHIO (Former Employee) –  CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVENovember 9, 2011
I was given a great work experience for the past 8 years. It was sad that I had to leave this company, but I also am moving on and am glad I had the opportunity of working there.
Pros
family environment
Cons
short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lorain County Health & Dentistry. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Lorain County Health & Dentistry Reviews by Location