Loras College Employee Reviews

I would recommend anyone to work here at Loras
Mailroom Clerk/Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 21, 2018
I loved working at Loras in the Mailroom. If my husband had not became sick with the deadly disease which took his life two years later, I would likely still be at Loras working. The people there were so generous and understanding during a difficult time which we were thankful.
Pros
Awesome Co-Workers
Great bunch of people
Information Systems Administrator and DBA (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 28, 2018
The folks at Loras are a great bunch of people. Great benefits including health vacation etc. Their pay is low however and in 10 years got essentially one raise due to the economy.
Great part time job
ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 21, 2018
The culture of the office is one of support and accountability. The work was easy enough but when things were difficult, there was always someone available to ask for help.
Pros
Great boss
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 9, 2018
As to be expected of any coaching position. Long hours and hard work but the benefit is to do what you love. The people are great to work with. As in any football program there are high expectations and requirements.
I was a student
Service Trip Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 3, 2018
I was a student at loras college. I really got involved in many organizations while i was there. The professors and staff are incredibly supportive in all we do.
Poor management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dining and recievingDecember 31, 2017
I had to maintain multiple levels of campus dining, unloaded daily freight delivers, swept and mopped 3 different floors daily. Emptied waste from floors and took to dumpster, lifting up to 60 lbs
pro dia et patria - for God and Country
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 22, 2017
Pro dia et patria is saying at Loras that creates a community of supportive individuals. The staff and faculty and students are friendly. Easy to learn the places on campus and the faces that make it a inclusive community
Review Summary
Media Internship (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 10, 2017
Overall a great work environment. I learned a lot of skills that I can take with me on my journey for a career as I job search out of college. I enjoyed every minute of it o matter what my task. The atmosphere in the office made for a great team.
Friendly working environment
Student Caller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMay 23, 2017
while being a call center employee, I felt comfortable in the environment and was able to advance up into a higher role within a year of working for this company
Pros
Friendly, comfortable environment, gained communication skills
Cons
late hours
Enjoyed the experiance
Planetarium Presenter (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 1, 2016
I worked as a presenter, mostly as a voulunteer. It helped me become better at articulating my ideas. It was easy on average about 30 min a week. Working here was also very rewarding.
Great place to start to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 16, 2016
great place to work, great benefits, really makes you feel like you make a difference in the lives of the people you are helping
Poorly run place which just wants you shut up and not cause problems.
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 4, 2016
Work was easy, i was not ever supervised, no opportunity for a raise or advancement, co-workers complained constantly
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMay 16, 2016
The people associated with the college are great people to work for and made the job fun. The whole campus worked together which made everyone more productive
Great work environment!
Computer Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 28, 2015
Loras College was a great place to work! The environment was professional, yet fun. I was lucky enough to work along side individuals who worked their way op the ladder, and therefore understood your position. I would recommend them highly!
Pros
Great place to work, professionals
Energetic Atmosphere and Motivating Personalities
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMay 19, 2015
Everyday in Admissions at Loras College is different, exciting, and challenging. The support of co-workers is wonderful and the work environment is typically upbeat and lively.
Basic On Campus Job
Campus Dining Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 25, 2014
working in campus dinning helped me get by in college. I've appreciated all that they have done for me.
Awesome place to work
Director of Intercultural Programs (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 10, 2013
Great close-knit campus community! Plenty of autonomy to utilize your strengths. The students are amazing!
Fun place to work
Engineering and Physics Club Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 11, 2013
I would sit down with the other club officers and we would plan out an event for each month that we thought would be fun for people to attend and learn from.
Unproductive
Security & Safety Officer/Campus receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 22, 2013
Not enough hours
very little pay.
Management is very un-experinced
Pros
slow pace
Cons
weird hours
Create School
Help Desk Student Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 6, 2013
Create place to work while going to school. People are friendly, knowledgable, and care about the development of you as a person.