Lord & Taylor Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 451 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Founded in 1826, Lord + Taylor has been offering designer fashions to Manhattan's most distinguished and discerning shoppers for nearly two centuries.Since its beginnings, Lord + Taylor has proved a true retail visionary: it was the first department store to move to Fifth Avenue, the first to develop the concept of personal shopping, and it was the first department store to boast the first woman president, Dorothy Shaver.
Salary estimated from 241 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at Lord & Taylor have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
I enjoyed working there and would consider having this job seasonal only. The business is not consistent so i would just recommend as a part time job.
What is the best part of working at the company? Helping customers. Meeting new people every day. What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Being on one’s feet was challenging. What is the work environment and culture like at the company? The manager’s didn’t really know what the associates were going through on a day to day basis. What is a typical day like for you at the company? Talking to customers, associates and managers. Organizing clothes and other items. Opening up credit cards and email capture.
I mean not much was done there but I do like the way that nothing was really considered a problem with all the people around really helping to form a team.
Loved working there and loved the discount on purchases. Didn't like the sales as customers made a mess, but other than that it was a greatplace to work
Great place for extra income to work after fulltime, flexible hours, management is helpful when needing assistance, will love to work for them again 1 day
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 90 questions about working at Lord & Taylor. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Lord & Taylor employees.
Insights from 236 Indeed users who have interviewed with Lord & Taylor within the last 5 years.
Availability work history
They told me that they would be happy to have me and that I knew to wear black clothes
When can you start?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Lord & Taylor?Published on May 24, 2021
- Lord & Taylor