LORD FAIRFAX COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Relaxed and comfortable environment
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAOctober 4, 2019
LFCC is a relaxed yet encouraging work environment. I was often given the opportunity to positively interact with people in many ways. LFCC also encouraged improving myself through training and education.
Very community minded, friendly environment.
Education Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Middletown, VAJune 21, 2019
I have enjoyed my experience working for Lord Fairfax Community College. This position has allowed me the opportunity to work while pursuing my undergraduate degree. My associates maintain a healthy, thriving environment by constant interpersonal communication, with a spirit of cooperation. It is the goal of every LFCC employee to ensure that each student is provided a positive, caring, and dynamic learning environment. What I appreciate most about LFCC is the community atmosphere; one that values diversity and promotes community vitality. I enjoy working one on one with students and gain personal satisfaction as I share in their personal triumphs.
Great Worplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fauquier County, VAMay 27, 2019
Great place to work. Allows flexibility in course development and curriculum. Relaxed atmosphere. Provides tuition assistance to its faculty. Possibility of teaching more classes.
Pros
All of the above stated in the review.
Cons
Could be paid more.
Summary
Admissions & Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 30, 2019
LFCC has a lot of wonderful people who work there, however management styles vary across the college and often differing practices and expectations can confuse and frustrate staff. While the president is very focused on staff contentment and student success, lower management can lose site of staff needs for the bottom line.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Best work experience
Student Activities Work Study (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAApril 11, 2019
Working at Lord Fairfax Community College set the bar high for future places of employment. All of my co-workers were friendly and aimed to do their best in their positions. All of the staff were passionate about providing the absolute best experience for the students attending.
No complaints
Adjunct Professor of Physics (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Community college setting that is relaxed and rewarding offering small classes that afford intimate student teacher ratios. Lab budget is very limited, however.
Excellent
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VASeptember 29, 2018
Love Working here. The people are great. The information is passed down and we work as a team. I teach online and the online world is great. The IT is very helpful and ready to help you. We are encouraged to seek learning opportunities as staff. I am included on the training and development emails so that I can be informed.
awesome work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 4, 2018
LFFC is a place where you will find team work at its best. This is a growing workplace. They are very helpful when you are new on the job. They work in excellence.
Wonderful College To Attend
Student Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAJune 1, 2018
I was a student at Lord Fairfax Community College for a total of one year, however I was never actually employed there. I "worked" as a student phlebotomist during our regular weekly classroom meetings to gain knowledge in the field of Phlebotomy and to prepare myself for Clinical Phlebotomy during my externship at Warren Memorial Hospital in Front Royal, VA. The college was amazing and all of the faculty and professors were very kind and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend the college to anyone, and I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences there as a student.
Professional, friendly, and supportive working environment.
Adjunct Instructor of Education (Current Employee) –  Middletown, VAMay 22, 2018
LFCC is an educational institution devoted to excellence in higher education. The staff is supportive and professional and works diligently to promote student success.
Volunteer Lab Assistant
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 22, 2018
Got to work with bacteria, clean glassware, prepare reagents. Had to determine whether bacteria were gram negative/positive. Identified bacterial colonies and observed growth on cultures.
Pros
Experience
Great Coworkers
COLLEGIATE TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAApril 2, 2018
I had a great time working at LFCC as a tutor. There was an overall positive work environment with a focus on student success. Being a tutor is a great way to give back and have a positive impact.
Work study program
Computer Lab Assistant/Student (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAApril 1, 2018
Work study job, great job sitting in a computer lab doing my homework and getting paid to keep an eye on the computers and printers and also helping users with computer issues.
Summer second job
Conference Presenter (Current Employee) –  Middletown, VAMarch 30, 2018
I present during the summers for the Educational Consortium organized by LFCC. It has been a positive experience for me in any and all aspects. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Support
Cons
N/a
I work from home
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Middletown, VAFebruary 18, 2018
I work from home. I set my own schedule and teach part time. I have a yearly contract through a grant and I am developing their online program. My contract ends in May of 2018. I would still like to teach for them on a as need basis.
Meaningful, a place that cares about students'
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAJanuary 31, 2018
typical day was assisting students and their families transition into college life. I learned how to help students' with their goal of a better education and future. The management cared about students's and offering options and resources to help a student complete their program/degree. The culture was fairly relaxed, but stressful during semester registration. The hardest part of the job, at times, was the students' families. The
Challenging environment for learning
CDL class A student driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VANovember 11, 2017
This was a training school for various opportunities. Excellent training and teachers. Many opportunities to learn new information from experienced teachers.
Pros
close to home
Comfortable working enviroment and a supportive team
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  173 Skirmisher Ln, Middletown, VA 22645October 4, 2017
A typical day for me involved setting up a workout room and making sure it was ready before members arrived. I tried to be clear and concise with instructions, gave encouragement when needed and helped members get through a session. The toughest part of the job would be when there would not be anyone who showed up to work out that day; the best part was when I was able to help people.
Great opportunity as a student-employee
Trades Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VASeptember 7, 2017
I worked as a Trades Technician for LFCC while I was a student. Not only was it convenient to earn money and take classes in the same place, but my supervisor and all the other staff were super kind and easy to work with. My position was not staff and didn't include benefits but it paid very fairly. On a typical day I did groundskeeping (mowing, trimming, mulching and pruning) and I was allowed a lot of freedom to dictate what order and how I did it. I would recommend working at LFCC to anyone.
Pros
Nice work environment, freedom, state employment
Cons
my position didn't have benefits
Low stress environment
Test Proctor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, VAApril 14, 2017
Low stress environment with great pay. Very little problems occur as the students are most of the time responsible. Work involves waking up early, getting tests and room ready for students, and making sure they are not cheating or doing activities that are not progressing the test.
Cons
Long breaks between working days