LORDON MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Okay pay, terrible management, not worth it
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Terrible management. CEO is a great guy, but the people he has hired are definitely questionable characters. You never know if you will have a job the next day.
There's Better Places - I Promise
employee (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 21, 2018
This place is a nightmare to work at. There's a few great people that work here, but management is awful. You'll get in trouble for anything, no matter how insignificant, and there's never any praise or room to make all that much money. The best way to describe it is that there's no warm and fuzzy feelings here. You come here to work and that's it. All you have to do is look at Lordon's Yelp page to confirm everything on here is accurate, and it's definitely one of the reasons I'll never move into an HOA.
My first day someone got yelled at. YELLED AT. I can't believe people can treat one another the way I saw some people get treated there.
There's also some legal transactions that were done which felt wrong/sketchy.
Find a job somewhere else.
Pros
office job
Cons
management is awful
Do not apply here
Community Association Manager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 5, 2018
Never work there!! The owner thinks he is above the law and tries to get away with way to much shady illegal business practices that have led them into several lawsuits against the owner and company.
Intense place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAOctober 2, 2018
Extremely intense and very busy at all times. The work atmosphere was always working, no down time at all. Long work days, but the compensation was good.
Pros
Compensation good
Cons
Long days and intense board meetings
Coworkers amazing..management poor
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 6, 2018
Coworkers made working here an amazing experience. Management micro manages every detail..but then if there is errors..they forget you exist and just write you up...stress not worth the pay..and THEY DO NOT PAY SALARY. dock you for everything on hours, but don't pay if you work OT
Pros
Coworkers!
Cons
Pay, management. No room for advancement.
Main branch is awesome, satellites not as much
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2018
I was the one person staff of a satellite office. I was expected to drive 2 1/2 hours for meetings sometimes, but otherwise never saw most of the people I worked with. The atmosphere at corporate in Covina was great, working alone out of town made the job difficult when I couldn't just go talk to someone in accounts down the hall the way I would be able to do at the main office.
Good & Bad
Homeowners Association Property Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Co-workers make the job amazing, but the homeowners and board members abuse you and treat you awful.

Upper Management micromanage like crazy and stress employees out constantly.
Pros
Fun atmosphere with co-workers
Cons
High pressure from management
Waste of time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 2, 2017
In addition to awful upper management, there are no employee evaluations, opportunities for advancement, or professionalism. New employees are thrown into an environment with little to no training (mine was 3 days and I heavily relied on the kindness of others to learn anything). Also says salary on ads but once hired it is hourly. HR department is a joke. Don't walk, run.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Poor management
I always have fun working
Customer Service / Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 12, 2016
My typical day at lordon was lot of fun i always try to make everything fun for example making copies, calling vendors, ordering supplies over the phone, every day lean something new
I loved the people I worked with.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 16, 2014
I coded invoices that needed to be paid on a daily basis for the associations that I was in charge of. I had a total of 33 associations and was busy all day, which I absolutely loved. Called vendors for homeowners that had issues. I received a ton of mail everyday so it took quite a while to go through and open it all and separate according to the association and code them and get ready for the weekly check run.

I usually had time left at the end of the day for filing and helping my team mates with their work as well. Phones were not to busy but I did take care of the ones that came to my desk everyday.

I would still be here if I had not moved out of state.
Pros
The co workers, the owner, and my supervisor were great.
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 2, 2013
The place is great for work, vacation and sick time, the people are great, but the only thing is the advancement and compensation rate is not competitive.
Pros
great peopel, supervisors are great
Cons
advancement and compensation
Stressful environment but good learning environment
Receptionist/General Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAMarch 13, 2013
A typical day at work would involve answering around 500 to 1000 calls on a switchboard and transferring them as quickly and efficiently as possible to the correct person. During down time I would assist with the insurance, legal, accounting, and various departments with whatever they needed help with. My co-workers were always very grateful for the help and in return they would help me when needed. Management was never very helpful but that taught me how to work independently and without supervision. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disgruntled homeowners. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the adversity in the different departments that I was able to learn about and help with. What I learned from this job was definitely patience.
Pros
learned a lot, learned patience
Cons
management
Fast paced and busy work environment
Administrative Assistant/Property Management (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Provided prompt service with homeowner maintenance/emergencies

Contacted vendors, obtained quotes, dispersed checks, keys, remotes

Dictaphone work, composing of newsletters, management reports and correspondence letters
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
low pay for the amount of work you do