LORDON MANAGEMENT

LORDON MANAGEMENT insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

No chance to shine!

I went into this job with very high hopes. I was trained the first 2 days by my immediate boss. She had a family emergency and needed to leave temporarily. Before she left she said in 2 days you’ve caught on great and your doing a great job! But the 6th day I was called in and handed my check. No real understanding as to why. Very confused since I know how to do my job and they said they needed 2-4 people! All I can say is I’m very disappointed

Pros

Close to home, hours

Cons

No chance to learn/be trained

Hostile Work Environment with No Benefits

A regular day at Lordon Management involves far too much work for the amount they pay. There is no HR department, if someone has a problem with you, you usually are just yelled at with no mediator. Complete unprofessionalism from upper management.

Pros

Coworkers are nice

Cons

Unprofessional upper management, ancient technology, not provided proper training, no direct deposit, no remote work, not provided the tools you need to succeed

Great for anyone looking for a stable career with opportunities for growth

I started here without any property management experience, and I'd never even heard of an HOA, but as promised, they were willing to train me from the ground up to help me understand the work I'd be doing. I am currently an assistant/secretary and I have yet to encounter anything at work that I've been unable to handle or solve, whether on my own or with the assistance of my very helpful coworkers. It really feels like a family here and I'm so grateful for how helpful everyone has been in helping me adjust well to the work here. There are other opportunities to make more money as well, but the pay itself is good, reliable, and I never dread coming into work so I'd say I lucked out getting hired here and recommend others to give it a try as well.

Pros

Stable hours, good pay, paid training, regular breaks

Cons

N/a

Love this Company

I don't know where to start. This is a family owned business that is the most caring for their employees, always there for you in times of need. In addition to our supervisors, etc. This is a very fast paced company and never a duel moment and always work to do. Employees are team employees and always there to help and assist when I need it. There are different, backgrounds, religions, cultures, etc. but everyone for the most part everyone works together. We help each other help cover desks when someone needs it. Management assists with any concerns and questions I have had and I have never had an issue. I may not like the answers at times, but it is there company and some times I realize the reason they do things is to make it fair for everyone and not to single anyone out or play favorites. You have to come to work and be happy. This is a tough business as far as management, homeowners, etc. but if you keep a smile on your face have great customer service and don't let the small stuff get to you then this is the job for you. I love coming to work. I love having a job that I enjoy. I love helping and resolving concerns or problems with our homeowners, and board members. I go home at the end of the day THANKFUL for the line of work I am in that I enjoy and can succeed!!! I am Thankful for the stability and the potential work I can do with this company and offer. I have learned so much and I continue to learn each day. Thank you Lordon Management for taking a chance on me.

Always learning something new.

Always learning something new, whether it be Office or another program. Management works with you if you need time off. People will help out when help needed.

Pros

Management works with you if you need time off.

Cons

Weird end of the day time.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Good place to work. Management works with you when needed ...

Good place to work. Management works with you when time off is needed. Plenty of folks to help out if you're behind. Training is fantastic in my department. Lead works hard and helps where needed. Puts others needs before her own.

Pros

Hours are good, training is good, management easy to work with

Cons

No direct deposit

This is a good place to work

I am a current employee and working here has helped me achieve my main goal: at the end of the day I get to go home and be with my loved ones. Lordon is an HOA management company and that means that the job is about making customers happy, even when they are challenging. I have found working here that it is a team environment, management does want to help you succeed, and you do have support. We are all working towards the same outcome - happy clients. I have also found that anytime an employee feels unhappy or is in need of something that management works to make that employee feel comfortable. There is a genuine concern for employee well being, I truly understand that if I have a need or concern that all I need to do is express it. There is no such thing as a perfect work environment, every job will come with some parts that you would like to change. There is no way to make every person happy. However, if you are looking for a business that makes you feel like a part of a family while you are there, will do what they can to help you feel comfortable and achieve success at your job while at the same time prioritizing your need for work/life balance, then this is the place to work.

Pros

Mandatory breaks and lunches, training and reinforcement of training if needed, comfort, and work/life balance

Cons

No direct deposit

Do not waste your time here!

Training - Must rely on peers to learn quickly. Pay - Not worth it. Management - Does not care about employees. Technology - Ancient. (There are old folks here that will constantly bug you and ask for help, as they are NOT tech savvy AT ALL! - Annoying!) No direct deposit. Time cards are used and they ALWAYS mess up on your paychecks!

Waste of time

If you are considering applying here as an assistant— DONT. This is a glorified call center job. The pay is INSULTING for the amount of work you will be responsible for. Not only will you be berated with a flood of calls everyday from inept homeowners who do not know what it means to live in an HOA, you will also have to work under weak and grossly incompetent management (Who is rarely in the office to handle emergency issues— They are usually out running errands or on lunch dates ). The systems & processes are antiquated and inefficient— you will find yourself doing a lot of double work and jumping through unnecessary hoops just to get a single task done. While you are on a call with a vendor or homeowner, they will send out multiple pages at a time over a very loud intercom which is both embarrassing and unprofessional. Everything is old and dusty. You will receive a paper check (In 2020!) because they do not offer a service as SIMPLE as direct deposit. This company does NOT care about their employees— as evident by their EXTREMELY HIGH turnover rate and low morale. Surprisingly, this doesn’t seem to bother them as they are not receptive to any advice or concerns that have been brought to them by some of the best members of their staff. Their solution is, “We get paid to deal with X, Y, Z”. I’ve never seen a company quite like this one, and I take great pleasure in watching them continue to tank... they have earned it. They will continue to hemorrhage talented members of their team until they improve their processes and get with the times. Please skip this place; -

Guessing Game

Management is very unorganized. No one has the time to properly train the new hires; therefore, new employees cannot perform job functions efficiently. Although the company offers full benefits, they severely underpay their employees for what every job role entails.

Pros

Hours, benefits offered

Cons

No training, unorganized

Okay pay, terrible management, not worth it

Terrible management. CEO is a great guy, but the people he has hired are definitely questionable characters. You never know if you will have a job the next day.

There's Better Places - I Promise

This place is a nightmare to work at. There's a few great people that work here, but management is awful. You'll get in trouble for anything, no matter how insignificant, and there's never any praise or room to make all that much money. The best way to describe it is that there's no warm and fuzzy feelings here. You come here to work and that's it. All you have to do is look at Lordon's Yelp page to confirm everything on here is accurate, and it's definitely one of the reasons I'll never move into an HOA. My first day someone got yelled at. YELLED AT. I can't believe people can treat one another the way I saw some people get treated there. There's also some legal transactions that were done which felt wrong/sketchy. Find a job somewhere else.

Pros

office job

Cons

management is awful

Do not apply here

Never work there!! The owner thinks he is above the law and tries to get away with way to much shady illegal business practices that have led them into several lawsuits against the owner and company.

Intense place to work

Extremely intense and very busy at all times. The work atmosphere was always working, no down time at all. Long work days, but the compensation was good.

Pros

Compensation good

Cons

Long days and intense board meetings

Coworkers amazing..management poor

Coworkers made working here an amazing experience. Management micro manages every detail..but then if there is errors..they forget you exist and just write you up...stress not worth the pay..and THEY DO NOT PAY SALARY. dock you for everything on hours, but don't pay if you work OT

Pros

Coworkers!

Cons

Pay, management. No room for advancement.

Main branch is awesome, satellites not as much

I was the one person staff of a satellite office. I was expected to drive 2 1/2 hours for meetings sometimes, but otherwise never saw most of the people I worked with. The atmosphere at corporate in Covina was great, working alone out of town made the job difficult when I couldn't just go talk to someone in accounts down the hall the way I would be able to do at the main office.

Good & Bad

Co-workers make the job amazing, but the homeowners and board members abuse you and treat you awful. Upper Management micromanage like crazy and stress employees out constantly.

Pros

Fun atmosphere with co-workers

Cons

High pressure from management

Waste of time

In addition to awful upper management, there are no employee evaluations, opportunities for advancement, or professionalism. New employees are thrown into an environment with little to no training (mine was 3 days and I heavily relied on the kindness of others to learn anything). Also says salary on ads but once hired it is hourly. HR department is a joke. Don't walk, run.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Poor management

I always have fun working

My typical day at lordon was lot of fun i always try to make everything fun for example making copies, calling vendors, ordering supplies over the phone, every day lean something new

I loved the people I worked with.

I coded invoices that needed to be paid on a daily basis for the associations that I was in charge of. I had a total of 33 associations and was busy all day, which I absolutely loved. Called vendors for homeowners that had issues. I received a ton of mail everyday so it took quite a while to go through and open it all and separate according to the association and code them and get ready for the weekly check run. I usually had time left at the end of the day for filing and helping my team mates with their work as well. Phones were not to busy but I did take care of the ones that came to my desk everyday. I would still be here if I had not moved out of state.

Pros

The co workers, the owner, and my supervisor were great.

Cons

The place is great for work, vacation and sick time, the people are great, but the only thing is the advancement and compensation rate is not competitive.

Pros

great peopel, supervisors are great

Cons

advancement and compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LORDON MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

• LORDON MANAGEMENT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?