Loretto Hospital
70Above average

Loretto Hospital Employee Reviews

United States119 reviews
It's a good place to start your nursing career and gain experience. Common cases are HTN, COPD , DM, Opiates and Alcohol withdrawal, CKD. etc. It is a smaller hospital so you will get to meet/know most of the staff.
Pros
Low acuity patients
Cons
Short staff, lack of supplies
If you have ideas or are set in your way at how you do a job do not go work for loretto. Too many politics, ceo yells at people, the hospital runs only with administration's ideas and hire people that are family members or friends to get things done their way and no other way with no questions or disagreements
Everyday was exciting and everyone was happy and ready to work. It didn't take long to feel comfortable with co workers and other staff. Tasks given to us were new everyday so it wasn't repetitive and dull.
My supervisor, who is also an expressive art therapist, is the only reason I'm still with Loretto. Upper management do not uphold their mission and do not treat all employees (or patients) with dignity, respect or consideration as claimed in their mission statement. The negative far outweighs the positive . I'm there now only because I truly care for the patients I work with and the support of the expressive arts team consisting of 3 people. Overall, Loretto is not a healthy work site and I would never recommend this company to anyone for employment.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The most enjoyable part of the job had to have been, taking care of patients and improving their quality of life. I would not trade that feeling for anything.
PRN nurse that looked into full time. Despite being union, Loretto offered me $6 an hour less than my current RN position and their 401k, vacation, and health insurance is sub—par. Only work here if you need a check, are a new grad, or can’t get a job anywhere else.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Poor vacation, 401k, and salary
A typical day is hard work everyday. I learn something new every day. management works side by side with team. Loretto is very diversified and culturally aware. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to service all who enter our doors.
Bad management.disrespect between coworkersittle or no tram work.hardest part of the job is no tea. Work.
Multi culture.afro merican.hispanic .caucasion a few.asian.
Pros
10 min to work
Cons
Didrespect between coworkers
The environment isn't conducive to work development not many opportunities for advancement. I don't think the management appreciates valuable workers.
Pros
Its close to home
Cons
The pay could be better
Sadly, a very stressful environment and no room for advancement. I’ve watched people get set up and no one does s a nothing about it. Some of leadership mistreat people. It’s not good to watch. So much potential there. Just hope the best for everyone there.Pretty sad.
Understaffed, overworked, disorganized place to work.
You always need a pct. You may get 7 and 8 patients to one nurse. I've had as many as 9 patients on med/surg.
Some days we could be short of staff but with teamwork we get the job done. I love my coworkers and my residence so I really have no complaints. Management is fair yes imma say it again we could use more staff but overall we get the job done safely and respectfully.
The team I work with is great and helpful. Managers and co workers assist me in every aspect and assure I am never confused with my work or any other material
I really don't have nothing to say but everything is what you make it. If you do your work they'll appreciate you as a worker. If you don't do your job they'll give you a hard time.
Most likely to work at Loretto. Working with family oriented environment. I draw blood and we have monthly meetings and daily huddles to talk about near misses and improvements in workplace.
No consideration for employees who work there last 5+ years, cloak and dagger like from management and upper mgmt. Is like my way despite mgmt proclaims of wanting employees suggestions.
Pros
Some beneifts beats none.
working in the emergency room is a fast past environment when safety is very important to you and staff members. dealing with virus and blood is not for everyone
Productive work place with room to grow. I came directly to Loretto from college, and was very excited to work in a hospital. I was able to grasp a lot of things to help me grow from the company.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no free lunch
it is a Productive Work place where iT skills is needed and applied but opportunity for Professional growth is limited. There is so much daily work in a not-enough- people environment to perform .
Pros
Plenty of work to do.
Cons
not enough people to do the work
Loretto Hospital is a decent place to work if you are just beginning your nursing career. Management has been going through a lot of transition lately. Hopefully for the better.
Pros
Low patient to nurse ratios
Cons
Culture of the facility
A very good environment and save place to work at,

The members of staff are always available to help patients in need of help. The medical staff including the doctors and nurses are very friendly and always ready to assist their patients
Pros
Close to train and bus stops
Cons
Needs security to walk one to his or her at night