Loretto Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive work place room to grow
Patient Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2019
Productive work place with room to grow. I came directly to Loretto from college, and was very excited to work in a hospital. I was able to grasp a lot of things to help me grow from the company.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no free lunch
Average
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2019
Loretto Hospital is a decent place to work if you are just beginning your nursing career. Management has been going through a lot of transition lately. Hopefully for the better.
Pros
Low patient to nurse ratios
Cons
Culture of the facility
Always have fun during summer cookout for employees
STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 18, 2019
A very good environment and save place to work at,

The members of staff are always available to help patients in need of help. The medical staff including the doctors and nurses are very friendly and always ready to assist their patients
Pros
Close to train and bus stops
Cons
Needs security to walk one to his or her at night
Work as a Team
OR Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2019
Surgery Department is unpredictable. We start our typical day around 8:00 am perform all the cases until we finish which can sometime be 3:30 or 5:00 pm.
Pros
Patient contact.
Cons
Cases are delayed sometimes.
Please see resume
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2019
Please see resume about my work experience at the hospital. The opportunity given to work with people and earn more work knowledge of how the company works as a team.
Excellent community-based hospital with good working environment and workplace culture
Licensed Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2018
This is a good community-based hospital that serve the population from the surrounding neighborhood in promoting healthy behavior to prevent illness and to enhance quality of life. It was a good place of work.
Pros
Flexibility to balance work and school
Cons
Long travel to work
Gave me my start
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2018
I love Loretto because it gave me a chance when no one else would. I enjoy working for the company and the people that I work closely with. I was able to learn a lot and grow as a new nurse and I will always be grateful.
Above Average
Director, Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2018
Truly, if I did not move to Southern California, I would probably still be the Emergency Services Director at Loretto Hospital.

Loretto taught me how disparities in healthcare do exist and working for the underprivileged proved to be a very rewarding service and calling.
Horrible place work
Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
This place is a whole joke. The management is all for self. There is no room for growth, unprofessional staff. Just overall ghetto. They say it’s a teaching hospital they don’t help teach nothing. All they do is blame instead of showing how to correct the mistake. I would never recommend this place to anyone. To many liable incidents have occurred here.
Pros
If your Just looking for a place to work
Cons
Ghetto, unprofessional
An excellent place to work and Austin communitie's largest employee
Computer Specialist / Web Interface Programmer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2018
The Loretto Hospital has always had a reputation since I was young I would hear people talk negative about it and when I started working at the hospital and experienced every department after 5 years I have to say the rumors were all wrong. Give Loretto another chance, I am glad I did. I left to work at a high position for Loyola University Medical Center and prefer Loretto's personal feeling much more.
Pros
Exception leadership team, collaborative teams
Cons
That I did not give Loretto another look sooner
Challenging facility to work. Secondary to staffing issues, quality patient care, lack of support from executive team, and autocratic leadership style
Director Case Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
Daily rounding to units. Learned how to work with difficult employees. . Culture is punitive, finger pointing and negative. Quality patient care poor (lost JC accreditation), silos and limited team work. The hardest part of the job was the challenge of changing the culture to improve quality of care. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with staff.
Pros
Friendly and compassionate staff. Hours. Flexiblity in schedule
Cons
Staff salaries - can not attrack highly trained and skill staff at the current salaries
I really enjoyed working there
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Decontaminates instruments, assembling trays, cleaning scopes, pick up and received reusable soil supplies/needles I really enjoyed every part of the job.
Fun working and productivity
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2018
Good and nice working conditions
Communications with co workers,conducive environment for employees to work to perfection in joining hands together to achieve a goal
Cons
Health care
Working at Loretto
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers there. The DON had an issue with me. I still do not know what it was. What I did not like was that what ever here issue with me was she never asked me about it it just showed in her actions toward me. I liked the patients and most of my co-workers.
Substandard, don't settle.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 10, 2018
Greet patients, get paper work, verification of insurance, room patients , vitals, procedures, documentation, inventory, front desk, labs, EKGs , in house testing, notifying patient results, appts etc . House keeping. Pretty much everything.

I learned not to settle for less than, Know your worth ;)

Hardest part was not being able to say goodbye to all my regular patients.

Untrusty workers, non reliable. Poor Management .

Most enjoyable moments were before Loretto Hospital took over. All the accomplishments and goals I set for myself during the years, self taught and motivated.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
poor management, poor communication, no equality, not a good working enviroment
nice hospital
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2018
Nice environment to work, would recommend. Pleasant atmosphere. management is awesome, days went well without conflict. Culture in the workplace is very diverse.
Slow day very quiet environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
The day went by sort of slow sometimes you had work to do sometimes you didn't. You had to create your own fun and at lunch at the exact same time as everybody else. It was a group lunch so that was cool.
Great place to learn
Crisis Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2018
Great place to learn and build up experience
They have a new CEO and VP that are committed to bringing Loretto Hospital back up to the caliber it once was in the community of Austin
Fun and good learning environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2018
I was able to learn everything I needed to learn to be able to prosper at any other workplace that I will be working for in the future.Also it was also relaxed.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Early start for work.
Finance Manager - Incompetent
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
Great pay and benefits. Manager had good behavioral skills but lacked the ability to manage an accounting department as his background is finance and not really accounting. Inability to see the good work that was done and had unrealistic expectations for new hires to come in and fix a ton of wrong doing done by staff before the new hire of which the manager basically blames the new hire.