Loretto Hospital Employee Reviews

Just ok
nurse (Current Employee) –  med surgMarch 21, 2018
A typical work day started with a real lack of direction or oversight. The workplace culture is mediocre. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
No free lunches, slow paced
Cons
Dysfunctional work culture and no upward mobility
Just ok
nurse (Current Employee) –  med surgMarch 17, 2018
Pros
No free lunches, slow paced
Cons
Dysfunctional work culture and no upward mobility
Great with a catch
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  5th floor, medical surgicalFebruary 25, 2018
Great place with a catch. The staff are great but the place is ran by incompetent management. There is no cohesive strategy and it is very evident. The place could use some help.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional peers
Immediate Jeopardy
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2018
The hospital is always in immediate jeopardy and on the brink of closure. C-suite is focused on bottom line and race rather than quality care. No supplies available to provide to patients due to bills not being paid on time.
Pros
Cons
Mob mentality, cliques determine upward mobility and overall poor patient care is provided here.
There is an opportunity to invest in staff develoment.
Director of Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2018
There were a number of line staff employees that were committed to providing the best care for patients at Loretto. I felt that staff development was not a priority and it makes it challenging to lead a department in that type of work environment. I believe it is important to invest in staff development and employee retention, as I feel they go hand in hand to creating a stabile work force.
Pros
Community Hospital, comprehensive behavioral health programs
Cons
Lack of staff development, financial challenges
Friendly and Professional staff.
Patient Navigator/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
I would follow up on all abnormal mammogram, Schedule all diagnostic imaging for all modalities, Assist Radiologist on all Biopsies and Get Authorization on all MRI and CT scan referrals.I learned how to set up Biopsies. Management was always there when i needed her.work environment, In our Department our staff followed our company mission, value, ethics, expectations, and goals.The hardest part of my job was Convincing Patients to come back for Diagnostic Imaging. The most enjoyable part of my job was Patient Satisfaction. The Patient always comes first.
Pros
Lunches with My Patients (one on one)
Cons
I was working through a Grant.
here is my reviw
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2018
we have very good working relationship. its always team work. the management is willing to listen to staff and solve issues affecting staff .staff is given a chance to defend themselves incase of discipline. we are invited to end of the year lorettto golf tourname and to doctors end of the year party which is a lot of fun
Pros
team work
Cons
lack of staff
Productive and Good working place
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Great Teaching Experience and Good working Community
Easy going workers and a very great Manager
Reputable room for improvements for workers and all
Pros
Fun
Cons
Room for Improvements
Childish people no unity
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2018
I warn you this place have a clarity system in place that was initially intended for the reporting of horrific accidents that happen through out the hospital but instead it's used to tattle on other employees and use it to get each other in trouble or fired this behavior is big amongst the afro American culture.
Pros
Pay is good and accurate
Cons
Horrible, childish, place
Very fun place to work
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  645 S CentralDecember 27, 2017
Sterilized and assembled all instrumentation and equipment required for surgery, exams and other medical procedures ,on time to enable quality patient care without interruption.
Excellent people to work with and serving the communities
Case Manager/Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2017
Enjoyed working with the population (Substance abuse, mental health and HIV/AIDS. Great co-workers and benefit. Training programs and communities activities to participate.
Pros
Great food
Cons
complicated patients
fun place to work
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN INTERN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2017
I like working at Loretto hospital because all the workers are friendly. Is a relax place,everyone is willing to teach.Management are very nice to you
Diverse and fun place to work
CT/X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Loretto Hospital is a good place for the community. Is a comfortable place to work, and the cafeteria food is really good. The diversity of culture made it fun,specially at potluck time. my time there was short but enjoyable..
productive
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
It is a great hospital. workers there are friendly and happy to help at anytime. I had a great supervisor who attended to me to make sure am okay and help out when i needed it.
Heaven
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Loretto because I worked with people who really cared about the people that came to the hospital for care and the community.

I liked the variety of patient's I worked with and it was a fast place environment that made the time go by quickly.
Pros
I acrrued 8 hours of vacation every pay period
Cons
coworker
Hospital high turnover manager 4 years been work at hospital
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Looking good for me first start working there high turnover for managers nad then it turn for the worse patient wasn;t getting feed sometime nurse and cna then answer the call light. Feel sorry for some of the patients they haven't had anything to eat at all and I always notify charge nurse but sometime they need to do theire job. That wasn't enough then youhave rats running around the hospitaland patient room and cafeteria.
A great environment
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at Loretto, it was ag great experience for me, i got to experience a lot of new task, and worked in different departments. i wish i could have the oppertinuty to work there again.
Energetic peaceful fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2017
Loretto is a small community hospital the kitchen was very warm and energetic the life of the hospital. Mangers and supervisors where great understanding and worked well with the workers.
Productive company
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
Loretta hospital is a decent hospital to work at the only bad part is there is no room for advancement and you will never get a cost of living raise with this company
Ok to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2017
I have stayed almost 3.5 years. There was no opportunity to grow and the higher management did not pay attention to the employee's problem and that was why middle management took the advantage of doing what they like.
Pros
If the opportunity came across should take the job
Cons
No opportunity to grow