Lori's Gifts, Inc.
62Average

Lori's Gifts, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States354 reviews
Great job for students
Like stated earlier it's a great job for students, I'm a student myself and I find the job perfect, I've tried to find new jobs with better pay but they all aren't as flexible with the hours as Lori's Gifts is.
Pros
Easy work, depending on the store your work at you either work alone or with one other person, in my store I work alone, it's great to be able to work alone.
Cons
The pay is minimum or at least in Chicago locations it is, but most jobs pay minimum wage as well so idk if that's a con.
This company does not offer any advancement
District manager over the Bryan Texas location, plays favoritism. She tries to lead by intimidation. HR Does not follow up or follow through on discrimination issues
Lori's Gift shop .
Lori's Gift is an awsome job , the location was great and my hours where fantastic 11 a.m - 815 p.m off on Wednesday's Saturdays and Sundays. I just wished the PANDEMIC didn't hit the U.S.A it stopped my money and slowed my goals down but Lori's is a very good company to work for.
Great Retail Environment
Small store, be prepared to work alone most of the time. Corporate doesn’t really micro manage you (if you & your store perform to corporates sales expectations you are trusted to run the store). Again you work alone most of your shift(s) so you & your staff must be professional, service oriented & trustworthy.
Mrs. Lawal
I enjoyed being in my work environment. Meeting the customers and sharing in some of their experiences. A nice part time job for those wanting something to do and earn a wage.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Horrible place to work / bad owners and management
This company only cares about themselves. The employees are nothing to them. Low pay, not even 20 hrs a week, you work alone (if you have to go to the restroom you have to close the store). They don't bring in merchandise to sell but yet they call you out via email for all to see if you don't make goal. If someone calls out the DM bullies you into working on your day off.Just an all around mess of a company from owners all the way down to management. I would not wish this job on anyone unless they like being underpaid, bullied and generally treated like you don't matter, You would think with Covid 19 they would be closed. Once again it shows that they just don't care about the employees. No room to social distance in the store.Very happy to no longer be there.
Customer Service is top priority.
Lori's Gifts is a a full service shop designed as a respite for families and staff. Management understands the value it adds to the facility. Knowledge
Pros
Customers love the care and family environment.
Management has no respect for employees
COVID-19 has made it so that no visitors are allowed in hospitals. Upper management (who is working from home) is making the stores stay open by claiming hospital cafeterias are closed (IMPOSSIBLE. How will patients eat?? How will healthcare workers eat??) The only customers coming are healthcare workers, to buy a bag of chips. Minimum wage gift shop workers are being exposed to healthcare workers in hospitals with positive corona virus patients. This speaks volumes to how much they care about the health and well being of their employees. With less and less money coming in store hours are being cut. Upper management is threatening over email that if stores do not make a certain amount, more labor cuts will be made??? How can a gift shop that only sells chips candy and gift items make money during a PANDEMIC?
Pros
Meet hospital employees and good connections
Cons
no Raises. Upper management putting employees in harms way for the almighty dollar
Favoritism!!!!!!! And toxic
Unless your friends with your manager you're treated good. Manager is famous for SILENT TREATMENT! Also it gives her great pleasure to hang up on you on the phone.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Can Never please
Love the people that come in hospital
Overall good place to work just wish it was managed a little better. Other than that loved the place and the traffic coming in and out on a daily. Super easy job to have.
Wonderful work environment
I have an incredible manager who keeps our staff very involved. She is flexible and very understanding about every day life events. Our days our enjoyable and seem to fly by. The only thing I find frustrating at times is the lack of merchandise available to sell in our store.
Biggest mistake I ever made.
The shortest employment I’ve ever experienced. Worst job I’ve ever worked. They do not care about management at all. District manager absolutely TERRIBLE!!!! Negative negative negative. Would never recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Management sucks
Working at loris was my second favorite job i would honestly still be there if i wasn’t being bullied by a women who was 50+ in age because she felt that i was prettier then her
Pros
Great hours, Decent pay
Cons
Management doesn’t handle anything
Love 2 work here!
I have been here for 3 years now and I absolutely love my job and I love what I do! Loris gifts is an amazing company that gives you the opportunity to learn many skills
Pros
Opportunity, amazing people, positive environment
Cons
Working nights, weekends, holidays
Terrible work place
Management lies to you and then when you do your job better then them, they find a reason to treat you poorly, do not work for them unless you want to be paid poorly and treated like a lower member of society.
February 15, 2020
We are saddened that you did not have a good experience here. This is not the norm and w hope you addressed this with HR. Our pay is comparable to the market for the size of the store you were in. Best of luck in your next career!
Awful place to work
Disorganized company who expects a store manager to be a florist, a vendor, a stock person, a keeper of inventory, along with all regular manager duties.
Goals are completely unreachable so the store manager cannot make bonuses.

Hostility and insubordination with my assistant manager, and DM completely disregarded the issue.
February 15, 2020
Our stores carry a wide array of merchandise. The gift shop environment needs Associates that are willing to do what it takes to sell our items to our customers. Yes, that means arranging flowers and blowing up balloons. That’s part of our core merchandise. As in any retail outlet, as a Manager you would be expected to perform these basic duties. Hopefully you discussed your issues with HR so they could investigate your problem. Best of luck in your future career!
Sales Associate
Working here is great! I love my job because I get to interact with visitors & hospital employees. Just the company itself sucks. I feel like they need to improve a bit more by adding better things & reducing their prices, other than that it’s alright. Sometimes you get to work an 8 hour shift or usually just 5 hours.

PROS: Really chill job, Discounts,

CONS: You can only wear black jeans, too pricey, unorganized company
February 15, 2020
Thanks for your review. We are constant adding new items and have been a proven leader in the industry elevating our gift shop to carry an extensive array of items that our customers are looking for. We don’t have a policy where wearing black jeans is allowed. In fact, jeans are not acceptable. Business Casual is our dress code but always adhere to whatever your assigned hospital dictates.
Okay
I got this job in September. Management is super strict they don't care about employee happiness. All they care about are their sales. It's slow and not with my time. I don't feel proud yo work here. My manager also took me off most my hours so now I am onyp working 1 days a week and can't afford to pay anything.
Some things!
I worked for almost a year. Never called out never was late. I know for a fact I did my job as a sale associate but managers try to get there way & make you look bad. Manager is a cry baby for everything, literally she gets her way!!! Cool job, pay is low but the people who worked there make you feel like family but they would stab you in the back! You should know what nurses, doctors & customers say about the managers!
January 24, 2020
Well, we are glad you had some positive experiences, but hard to see you had a few bad ones too. We wish you the best in your job search and your future endeavors!
This use to be a great company to work for put it has became a place where no one values you for the work you do.All the concern is making money .
The company does not show the employees how much they are appreciated or how they doing a good. Since someone else took over the company it has became a horrible place to work at.
January 18, 2020
We reward hard work and celebrate our teams successes. Those that drive the business with the highest level of integrity are always rewarded. Our top tier Store Managers and DM’s enjoy a bonus and are recognized at President’s Club. We also reward all associates that meet various goals through badge credit, cash, and other incentives.
Loved this job
Amazing place to work.
Safe clean environment

New experiences

Great team an management

Room for growth just wish they worked with your schedule an more understanding
January 18, 2020
We truly appreciate the comment you provided and happy to hear you are having a good experience!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lori's Gifts, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.9
Ratings from women
2.2
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight