Lori's Gifts, Inc. Employee Reviews

Unreasonable demands
District Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 6, 2019
Absolutely no consideration for work/life balance. Demands on District Managers is beyond reasonable and there is no consideration for personal life.
Pros
Working in hospitals is rewarding.
Cons
Unreasonable demands and no empathy for personal life.
work with the employee
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 20, 2019
focus on the company and your individual experience while employed
there
provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
ensure any facts you include in your review are true accurate
all submitted review are subject to the terms sets forth in our
What an awesome place! #Love2WorkHere
Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2019
Unlike many retailers, the hours of our stores vary, making it a better work/life balance than working at a mall or department store. Most stores close early and some not open all weekend or have very limited hours. Under new leadership, we are learning ways to drive the business and what that means to all of us to reach our gross profit and obtain goals. It has been great to see how the company has changed over the years and how the Support Center staff tries their best to embrace our ideas.

We are a unique retail brand and while we are growing, we aren't perfect. But, we have been slowly making positive changes on all levels from management, merchandising, training, and processes that will enable us to continue our growth plan.

Many retailers are closing business, but we continue to grow. This is a specialty niche market - and being the heart of the hospital experience is just the beginning.

#Love2WorkHere is our new social media campaign - I love my job and hope others will find that a career at Lori's Gifts, Inc. will be a great point in their career!
Pros
Awesome managers, discounts, incentives, President's Club trip, hours, work-life balance
Cons
Limited healthcare, general growing pains with any organization
Simple retail work in a positive environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 8, 2019
The work is not very demanding, but is in an environment where you feel appreciated by staff members and customers. You will, during each day, work in all parts of the store including but not limited to: cleaning the store, stocking the shelves, conducting sales, and doing inventory control.
Pros
Short shifts, usually flexible schedules, positive work environment
Cons
Short/no breaks, no PTO for sales associate, no healthcare for sales associate
January 18, 2019

Thanks for reviewing! Sales Associates are part-time and depending on hours worked, may qualify for various benefits. You can check with HR on what you may/may not qualify for.

Nice location
Sales Associate at Gift Shop (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 2, 2019
Local manager very nice, willing to work with you as possible.

Corporate office in Texas makes schedules for local offices. They are not very flexible, their support to local office is poor and they don't seem to care much for their employees.
January 18, 2019

Thanks for your review. While we do make recommendations on schedules to our managers, there is some flexibility on scheduling, however, it is dictated by our business. We appreciate the time you spent working with us and wish you the best in your future ventures!

poor. promises management positions then denies them
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Does not hire within or let employees grow within the company. Demoted all Assistant Managers's wage to sales associate wage. Therefore eliminating Assistant Managers. Agreed to pay $15/hour but cuts hours so employees can basically still make previous wage. Working 2 hours a day isn't worth it. Will make management work hoildays short notice. No job security or advancement. Will no let you use sick time if you do not use it before it you accumulate 40 hrs. Then they wipe your available sick time which is illegal.
Point of view
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 31, 2018
Working for Loris Gift was very different. It was fun job but the hard part was working in the hospital and seeing every patient come into the store and have different illnesses.
January 18, 2019

Thanks for your review and being a part of the hospital experience.

Loris Gift (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJDecember 27, 2018
Great I loved it but tisha was informed she had to let me go due to closing of store it was amazing I meet new nice people tisha the manager was awesome
Very nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester County, MADecember 19, 2018
Customers are friendly and polite. We can not wear jeans, but nice attire is approved. The store is small and easy to maintain. Merchandise is nice and a lot of diverse cultures shop here. They are slow at tie but picks up and the company has good rewards for their employees to enter into winning ten dollar gift cards and so on..
Pros
Discount on senior citizen day and staff gets a good deal.
Cons
No fossil discounts but for good reasons.
Horrible if you like to be a team player
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2018
I was happy until my D.M starting messing with me as an Assistant Store Manager I should feel happy at work but when your Store Manager does nothing everything falls on your shoulders.
Pros
Liked my team until they broke us up
Cons
No breaks, No Help from HR, Corprate
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
Fun place to work, only downside was not enough employees to meet needs of the store. I was constantly workimg ot. I couldnt miss any days from worknaside from my days off due to lack of employees.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Not enough employees
Good job for retirees.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 25, 2018
Nice environment in a slow paced store. Good retirement job. Sometimes slow, but always find something to do. Lots of chances to merchandise and offer ideas to corporate.
Intersting choices for a hospital gift shop, it had a flair and a theme
Asst. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Mountain View Hospital @Las Vegas NVNovember 20, 2018
It is a smaller version of the larger Lori's gifts around the country, I worked my way to Asst. Manager my way of hard work and integrity. I best part of my job was the customer services and the selling floor maintenance. The worst part of my job was the implementation of the reduced hour work week for employees.
It's a nice place to start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXNovember 1, 2018
It's in a hospital, so you meet new people everyday, but day to day work is the same. It's a big company so you have to follow rules and do things a certain way. I recommend this place if you're just starting out in the working world.
It's a great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2018
It was a great first job and I did transferred to the Lake Land after I worked at the Moffitt cancer center shop there. I have learned a lot from the company over the 2 years and half I learned how to be a cashier and a key holder and now I have inventory experience. I have computer skills because of it and I have trained a few people for the company.
Pros
more opportunities of advance
Cons
loss of income
Relaxed fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 16, 2018
Getting to use my professional, skills customer service, setting displays, getting to know the staff at the hospital and helping in making decision on gift buying, Having the knowledge of keeping a friendly customer service enviorment..
Pros
discounts
Cons
not any
First Management job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2018
Open the store daily operations of cash register. Meeting the doctors and nurse's. Making sure we were stocked and ready fr day to day sales. able to assist customers with there gift selection or flowers and ballons.
Lori's
Sales Associate - Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 22, 2018
A fun place to work for a college student or a retiree. Sometimes it is fast paced, then there are lulls.
Schedules are not always predictable. However you do have a choice to accept the changes or not.
Pros
A fun place to work
Cons
No chance for advancement.
I enjoy the customer
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
Co workers did what ever they like manager let assistants do whatever they wanted when they didn’t want to work did a lot a work only for hours to be cut
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Mangement not good
Productive and fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2018
Great place to work if you want to advance. If you are a dedicated Sales Associate you can certainley advance and get trained to be an assistant manager!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lori's Gifts, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight