Los Alamitos Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun workplace
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 2, 2018
The hospital holds activities to celebrate holidays (like gingerbread house making) which kind of lessens the stress a little bit; it allows the employees to have fun while at work.
August 4, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the activities!

i had lot to do
Emergency Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 1, 2018
i had alot to do there and it was the funniest out the all the thing i did there in the hospital and the other departments are not worth to work in at all because er was fun
August 2, 2018

Thanks so much for the positive review. We are so glad you were happy in your role!

pbx
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJuly 25, 2018
ok place to start working, they have good pay and ok benefits started as pbx and working nights which was ok superviosers were ok not to bad glad i moved on
Pros
ok
Cons
not enough staff
July 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. Is there anything we could have done to make your time at Los Alamitos Medical Center a five star experience?

i Liked it
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CA 90720July 11, 2018
Great place to work. They treat their employees very well. i love working there. and will always recommend. Each time they sent me to a new location, they will always give me the necessary information i need .
July 12, 2018

Thanks for the positive review! We're glad you enjoyed your role with us!

Productive and Nice Co workers
Assistant Director and Director of EVS (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 7, 2018
Everyone was always very friendly and easy to work with. The team was focused on working together to achieve goals and ensured no one was made to feel left out.
June 9, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you were so happy in your role.

Productive and fun work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMay 8, 2018
A typical day at work is busy and non stop. Your hands are full, but you will always have time to take a breather and have a conversation with other team members.
May 9, 2018

Productive and fun place to work
Radiation Oncology Front Office (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAApril 11, 2018
Nice place to work with competitive salary and benefits. Opportunity to grow with company as they hire within company. Employee's are recognized and treated with respect. Overall pleasurable work environment.
Pros
competitive salary and benefits
Cons
work space
April 13, 2018

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

Wonderful enviorment to work in
Patient Account Auditor (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMarch 19, 2018
Excellent co-workers supportive management. The work was interesting and challenging. Most of the department Directors were always very helpful in obtaining a resolution to whatever problems I had
March 21, 2018

We appreciate your review! At Los Alamitos Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

intense but the people you work with are great
Unit Secretary/ EKG dysrhythmia specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAFebruary 2, 2018
The overload of patients that this place receives on a daily basis is difficult to comprehend at times. sometimes you will feel very overworked the team you work with is amazing.
Pros
good people
Cons
some very bad people
February 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback about Los Alamitos Medical Center. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Productive and great work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJanuary 30, 2018
A great environment to learn and thrive in. Supportive and helpful staff during training. Work as a team. Busy work days and good moral among colleagues.
February 1, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Los Alamitos Medical Center's success.

Excellent place to work
Associate Chief Nursing Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJanuary 29, 2018
This was completed in previous screen. Progressive hospital highly competitive excellent mentor opportunity. Appreciated time spent working for the facility.
January 31, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback! At Los Alamitos Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

things getting worse
Lead therapist, Cerner Millennium Trainer (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJanuary 25, 2018
changes in management have started a decline in quality of management and personnel , increased stress level and definite hostile work environment. be careful.
January 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Fast-pace small hospital but lack of career advancement and FTE position, regardless of need
Certified Fluoroscopic Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 27, 2017
Good place to be challenged, work hard, and learn. Plenty of available hours for per diem work but rarely does management place openings for PTE/FTE positions. Health benefits and paid time off are only available options for PTE/FTE staff.
November 29, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

November 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

very challenging learning experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 27, 2017
I was here for my critical care rotation in Nursing school . The nurses really expected you to have all your medications memorized and would quiz you. It was an intense learning environment and some nurses were nicer than others.
November 29, 2017

Thank you for your review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

I enjoyed the friendly environment
Registered Nurse-Gastrointestinal Lab, SDS (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 12, 2017
The work culture was very nice. I did not like taking the after hours call back because I would get called in the middle of the night to care for very unstable patients and I did not have the support staff to care for the patient adequately
Pros
close to home
November 14, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Los Alamitos Medical Center's success.

It was a reasonable job
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 7, 2017
There was lack of order. There was no accountability on supplies or on production. The staff would not be held accountable for lost or missing supplies which would then fall back on the Materials personnel.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Competitive but fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CASeptember 15, 2017
You work hard but the days just fly by because you work with such fun people. The hospital isn't very big but it is busy and most of the equipment new and up to date.
September 16, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback. At Los Alamitos, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great place to work.
Speech Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CASeptember 7, 2017
Good rehab team. Friendly staff and there is good interdisciplinary cooperation. Management is considerate and there is good communication. It has a nice work environment.
September 11, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Los Alamitos' success.

Diverse positions
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 30, 2017
Depending on the week, I could be at five different locations throughout our hospital. I have learned many things working here, including phone etiquette, patient care and how management runs things. Most enjoyable time throughout my day is going the extra mile and having a patient thank me for my service of going above and beyond. During the years our perks have decreased tremendously, however, I am thankful for what we do still receive.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 30, 2017
This hospital is a great place to work. Friendly staff in all departments and very hard workers. I have learned a lot at this hospital and it has made me who I am today.
Pros
great employees
Cons
short breaks and tight rooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Alamitos Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Los Alamitos Medical Center Reviews by Location