Los Angeles Community Hospital

Los Angeles Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Co worker support
Good place to learn if you are a new grad RN. Co workers for the most part are helpful and friendly. Pay is OK. There is a high turnover here due to better benefits, opportunities and pay else where.
Pros
Good environment to work/learn.
Cons
Pay is OK, similar to most new grad rn pay. Hard to get a hold of some Doctors at night.
If youre looking for a experience for a couple of months to a year, this is where you go.
They keep cutting me short on my check. Always understaffed. Some coworkers are good and nice, a majority will get you in trouble for nothing. Was hoping i would have a good experience overall but nope. Coworkers that are supposed to take over for you when youre a sitter, they don't do it. You wont get breaks or lunch until later on towards end of shift. Always miscommunication between Nursing Administrators.
I enjoyed my time there
I had a great time working here as a student nurse. I learned a lot from my assigned nurse and feel that I benefited greatly from the time I spent in this facility.
Nice community hospital.
This hospital is tiny, in a mixed residential and small business neighborhood in East LA. The interview and hiring process from start to finish took a few weeks. The managers (nurse leaders) were very supportive and helpful to new nurses. There were safety nets in place to help ensure patient safety.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Loose security re: the parking structure.
Great company
I enjoyed working for this company everyone worked as a team supportive of each other. Flexible schedule o recommended anyone who’s looking for a great career to work for Los Angeles community Hospital.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
HR is incompetent
They (HR) don't know the difference between shift differential and over time - know your laws and litigate accordingly.

Employees are being used and blind folded. Please check your paychecks.
Pros
Good individuals, strong And passionate Workers
Cons
Misguided management and leaders who are in positions they are not experienced for
productive and fun workplace
Housekeepers came and went regularly. The director was great but managers could never get on the same sheet of music. Training varied from one manager to the next. However, the director was willing to train anyone who didn't feel comfortable with their training. He would also come in on his days off to help when short staffed.
Very busy units
Super busy units with many psych patients that take up a lot of your time, easily making you fall behind schedule. Lucky if you get a good charge nurse that offers to help when you're overwhelmed.
Learning hospital
Learned a lot working here, a lot of new hires are new nurses. a learning hospital because its in the ghetto. the employees are helpful and nice at times depending on the team you work in. the resources in this hospital are 3 stars only because central hardly ever restocks supplies, at times I have to call supervisor. the management do their best but honestly will not recognize night shift. they always give recognition to morning shift but never to nights. nights are the most busy and nurses are never recognized. when you use your PTO's you better monitor your checks because they sometimes don't pay you! other than that this hospital is quite decent...not amazing but just decent. hospitals like this you have to appreciate because once you get into a bigger hospital you will realize a lot of drastic changes.
Good place to learn
I learned how to manage what seemed like unmanageable situations. I also learned how to manage care for 5 patients while helping my coworkers and teaching students.
Pros
Day shifts
Cons
No MDs on staff
Workplace
Los Angeles Community Hospital was a tough and challenging position however many rewards came with the job like paid vacation, benefits, a 401k and more. Managment's structure needed work but the office was one I was able to learn and thrive in.
work in team
I worked 1st in sub-acute unit when started and then to tele, unit 3 and peds . which I didn't mind cause I learned a lot but when new management came I was without a job and I try to come back but I must say it was hard because I found out that they only want new faces not faces that have worked before here. severe times that I apply I got called twice and got rejected.
Pros
friendly staff and nurses
Cons
some of the staff
Great place to start as a new grad
Great place to learn as a new grad, limited resources, but helps you utilize the resources you DO have. Staff is very friendly and willing to help, but no support from upper management.
Unstable
Seems to just do the minimum to survive. Over staffed with registry. Seems to run good employees away with bad managers and directors. The good managers are not recognized or appreciated. Neither is the good staff. Needs better administrative management.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Not appreciated. Poor Care
Productive and busy work envorinment
Working at LA community hospital has its ups and downs. It is a very busy work environment. For a smaller hospital we have many patients. It is a great learning experience here.
It's a good place to start
I enjoyed working here and learned a lot of things. Although it's the biggest or greatest hospital in LA but I can say that the nurses here and the other employees are trying their best to provide the best care possible that they can offer in the Hospital. Needs a lot of Improvement but it is not that bad
Worst place I ever worked.
No funding to comply with basic safety standards. Repairs without permits-trying to fool the inspectors. Cafeteria dismal. Location dismal. Not enough parking.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Hospital smelled bad.
My average day
Assessing patients in various rooms in different wings of the hospital to meet their needs for the time frame that I am working. Being a provider for patients is very rewarding. Having a patient appreciate what you are doing for them as healthcare professional is humbling. The staff is great to lean on when something could go wrong if you need another pair of eyes looking at the same situation. The hardest part of my job is watching someone die even after you have tried to help.
Pros
Ice cream socials and free lunch on certain events
Cons
Breaks too short and not enough time in the day
coworkers and nursing supervisor makes the hospital a family
Working in los angeles community sharpen your assessment as well as your priority skills. I learned to think on my feet. I have learned to work as a team with the telemetry staff making them family.
work is work
work is work. come in do do x-rays, surgery, fluoroscopy, just like any other hospital setting. exams are mainly done by portable machine.

surgery a couple times a week.
Good place to learn
A typical day at work began at 7pm, workplace environment was busy at times with multiple admissions to Medsurg /Tele floor each night.The hardest part of the job is that MD was not readily available at times at night. One has to to have excellent nursing judgement and critical thinking skills in order to ensure continued patient safe environment and care following Md written protocols. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learnt something new every day and I met lots of great nursing staff members.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7