Los Angeles Community Hospital

Los Angeles Community Hospital Employee Reviews for Licensed Vocational Nurse

Very busy units
Super busy units with many psych patients that take up a lot of your time, easily making you fall behind schedule. Lucky if you get a good charge nurse that offers to help when you're overwhelmed.
Learning hospital
Learned a lot working here, a lot of new hires are new nurses. a learning hospital because its in the ghetto. the employees are helpful and nice at times depending on the team you work in. the resources in this hospital are 3 stars only because central hardly ever restocks supplies, at times I have to call supervisor. the management do their best but honestly will not recognize night shift. they always give recognition to morning shift but never to nights. nights are the most busy and nurses are never recognized. when you use your PTO's you better monitor your checks because they sometimes don't pay you! other than that this hospital is quite decent...not amazing but just decent. hospitals like this you have to appreciate because once you get into a bigger hospital you will realize a lot of drastic changes.
Great personalities of the various staff that I worked with.
I learned the basics of nursing here. You don't have all the resources available so you learn how to manage your time. The hardest part of the job is learning how to deal with the type of patients this hospital gets. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with many great nurses that I got to learn from.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7