Los Angeles County Employee Reviews

Great place and benefits
Legal Office Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Great people and benefits. I like working for the LA County. Its stable and has room for growth. Good place to network and learn a lot about different departments.
Good place to retire
Intermediate Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Many of the employees have been there for a long time. I could easily see myself retiring here had I not needed to relocate. I have been employed for ten years now and I have been blessed to have such a stable job in an ever-changing economy.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay
Cons
Dificulty findind advancement
Prior to 2015, Very Difficult Place to Work
Medical Secretary/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I had a very difficult time with management when I first started working here. The immediate supervisor and the manager were both micro-managers and this made it very difficult for me to do my work. They were constantly interfering. I spent too much time filing grievances against them and in grievance hearings which took away from my work. Both individuals are now gone; one retired and one left very mysteriously.

The manager that replaced the manager who retired is just the opposite. The is pleasant to work with and has great managerial skills. The work place is productive and pleasant to work in. Good rapport between employees. Cooperative environment.
Pros
Cooperative
Cons
One employee is difficult and uncommunicative.
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2018
The job was easy to complete. The work environment was very fast-paced and everyone had a job to do. There wasn't any room for slacking. The only bad thing about it was the pay. I worked 12+ and only get a little of money. I thought that that was very disappointing and not worth it.
great place to work
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 29, 2018
It is a great place to work lot's of opportunity for advancement, great benefits, great retirement benefits, state of the art facilities and very safety concious
didnt work for the county
waiter/ kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2018
i worked in the county not for the county the website made a mistake this was for an independent business. not the county. i repeat this is not for the county.
Fulfilling role
Intermediate Supervising Clerk/Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 25, 2018
As a Civil Service Employee it was a great opportunity to serve the public, communities, and offer services to the needy.

Great benefits, amazing staff, and several opportunities for advancement.
Pros
fulfilling role
great place
Administrative Assistant, Natural History Museum (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Great place, great people, great atmosphere. Very understanding supervisors and managers. Great place for advancement in all divisions. Great benefits.
Rewarding job
Ocean Lifeguard Recurrent (Current Employee) –  Venice, CAJanuary 24, 2018
YOU HELP PEOPLE

No two days are the same. You come in contact with people from all over the world. You help people from all walks of life, and you get an amazing environment to work in.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Not consistant in the winter
productive and creative space to explore skills
Collections Assistant / GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Working at the Museum gives the advantage of having very supportive staff that help developed my GIS skills further. The environment is welcoming and questions are regarded with the upmost of care which is of great help.
N/a
In home care (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Love it and need more work .I would like to look in to other positions available the country may have in a different field. They're excellent employer . Would love to be apart of the union
Seasonal
Senior Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2018
No opportunities to advance. Pay is usually minimum and part-time. Unless you have a post-graduate degree and are really good friends with someone who can promote you, you may get "Stuck"
Opportunity to grow
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2018
As a Student Worker my typical day consisted of collecting/delivering files, send out PO appearance notices. It was pretty hectic but overall a great experience.
Pros
Long lunches, opportunity for growth, helpful employees
Cons
Hectic
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Its a great place to work at I have no complaints. The work environment is fast and the people are great. If you want to find county jobs check there website.
a great place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 16, 2018
• Assists in data management (e.g., cleaning, formatting, processing, analysis) with SAS
• Assists in GIS mapping projects by cleaning/organizing geo data base, geocoding, and verifying addresses
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short vacation
great working environment
Power Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2018
typical work day consist of ensuring safe and efficient operation of plant and comply with all epa regulations.mostly everyone get along very well.hardest part is not much time with family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not much time with family
Learned a lot.
Clerk NC EOC (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I learned a lot working for the County of Los Angeles. I never knew everything that went into preparing for county and state elections until now. It was definitely a great experience and I wish it was temporary because I would have loved to continue working for them.
Monaco Baking Company
FREELANCE PROJECTS (Current Employee) –  Vam Law GroupJanuary 10, 2018
At Monaco, I would Photograph Product, retouch and recreate catalog, managed production, including layout, package design, creating labels and marketing. . Being the only Designer, I learned how manage time to meet deadlines. There was not anything hard about this job, I have many years experience in all aspects of design. I enjoyed being Art Director, and having control of design and layout from start to finish.
Pros
Did not have someone micro manage my work
Cons
Short lunch time, usually would not take breaks, due to work flow
great workplace
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Every workday would be something different to do. I loved it, it's the reason I was there for 11 years. I also enjoyed the people that worked there. I had many job descriptions while working there and I did many different things that were not in my job description, which was fine with me.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Not for everyone
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Lack of personnel, low moral, cut throat, favoritism.
The department has many problems and needs to hire more deputies. Forced overtime and the making unqualified deputies supervisors makes it difficult.
Pros
Good partners
Cons
Forget you when you leave