Los Angeles Philharmonic Association Employee Reviews

Good place to work overall
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2018
The team tries to be lax, and the culture there was comfortable,
the management can get a bit hectic given the amount of people a design has to get run by before approval, but that's with any large organization. i suppose that was probably the most difficult part of the job, but doable nonetheless and i'm grateful for the time i got to spend there.
Pros
near all the museums, in the middle of downtown, fast access to the broad, public transportation
Cons
close deadlines
Typical day at work
System Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2018
Computer software and hardware troubleshoot for members at the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Image new arrival systems and prepared to swap out with the old systems.
Strong leadership from top down
Director Annual Giving (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
The LAPA is a wonderful place to work. Leadership cares about employees. Promotions come from with in the company often. Creative and collaborative atmosphere.
Pros
creative
Cons
Fun and creative work in a dynamic environment
Annotator/Writer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2016
I worked for the Los Angeles Philharmonic (L.A. Phil) in their offices from 2005 until 2007. Since 2007 I have continued to write program notes for the organization on a freelance basis. At the L.A. Phil, I became more comfortable with speaking in public, with initiating and leading, and I learned a great deal about writing about music and the arts.

I connected with wonderful people, both within the organization and guests to the stage at Walt Disney Concert Hall. I believe wholeheartedly in the L.A. Phil's educational efforts, and I want to help empower young people from underserved populations, the way the L.A. Phil does.
Pros
Getting to see concerts for free!; Knowing my work was making a difference in the cultural world
Cons
no healthcare
Hard work
Truck Crew (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2014
Just had to move a lot of things and also help set up things. Just be prepared to help a lot of people.