Los Angeles Unified School District Employee Reviews

Found 1,259 reviews matching the search See all 1,264 reviews
Your experience depends on your school assignment
Speech-Language Pathologist Itinerant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2019
Typically fast-past, need to abide by deadlines (reports, IEPs), work increases during the spring semester due to more IEPs (triennials, annuals, transitional). Therapists have different work experiences based on the school(s) they work at (work environment, caseload, types of educational classes/programs at the school).
Pros
flexible schedule, medical benefits for employees and dependents, paid time off, same/similar school breaks as students (good if you have children)
Cons
Stressful due to many deadlines, due process cases (depending on school assignment), high workload (depending on school assignment)
Great benefits
Campus Aide (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAMarch 16, 2019
LAUSD what I enjoyed was the benefits. To many politics involved and theres not much you can do due to so many SJW doing nothing and giving up due to the fact that teachers have absolutely no saying when minority parents don't help and believe teachers. The students are bad and there's not much teachers can do. They're not all bad but most experiences I had with teachers, were that the students were disrespectful, and parents didn't seem to do nothing about it.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Politics
Terrible Place to Work in Management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2019
so many abuses of power, negligence, and a lack of support. whistle blowers are silenced or disciplined. Mismanagement of monies that should go to students. LAUSD is corrupt, negligent and irresponsible.l, hence why they are always in the news.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
too many to list
Depends on school you work at for the most part
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAMarch 6, 2019
Pay is okay, however, benefits are only given to full time employees. No vacation days or holiday pay either. Most enjoyable part is interacting with all the kids.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
no benefits
Although I am not teacher at the moment these are my take aways from teaching
Teacher: Retirement Disability (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2019
I enjoyed working for LAUSD. Displacements happen yearly because of student enrollment. Most teachers are great to work with and collaborate well. Students who speak other languages helps and hinders grade level standards. Seeing students rising in the creativity with projects and incorporation the material is awesome to watch.
Love teaching, but wish I could provide more!
Color Guard Director (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 28, 2019
I love my job and look forward to arriving at work everyday. However, my program is has limited funding from the district therefore making it more difficult to teach my students and give them the best of the best.
Substitute Teacher LAUSD
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesFebruary 27, 2019
I enjoy working for LAUSD as a substitute teacher, the pay is good and the hours are great. Working with the students in the district is very rewarding but can be daunting.
Great experience with the school
Library Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2019
Great experience. You get what you put into your work. The children are great. Staff was amazing and the principal was more than helpful. Nothing but positive things to say.
Very good collaboration and support from supervisors
Post-Graduate Time and Attendance Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Supervisors were very helpful, knowledgeable, accessible and willing to listen and support me as a time and attendance counselor and as a psychiatric social worker in both LAUSD internships in 2018.
Pros
Great collaboration and support
Cons
End of internships
Fun and enjoyable work place
Campus Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Working at the school district has open me up be more comfortable to talk to strangers. A typical day at work will be going out on the yard to supervise the children. Make sure the school look safe no one suspicions is on campus.
Pros
Work hours go by fast
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Lausd
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2019
I found the work environment to be very stressful. Depending on the administration, support is hard to come by. I would like to think that all students are great, but something needs to take place to fill in the gaps
Review
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2019
It needs to be more hours. It is good. It needs to be more hours and a higher salasry. More of a lower Cbest Score teachers to hired. maybe a lower score would help find teachers.
Good place to advance
Accounting Tech II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Good job security. Great work environment. Excellent benefits. Learn skills you would not otherwise learn anywhere else. Diverse group of people to work with.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Great place to work at. Benefits are one of the best around. People are great to work with. Highly recommend.
It's a bit of a process to get in, but totally worth it.
Great trainings
Title III Instructional Coach (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2019
The trainings have been much more practical over the past 2 years. There are ample paid training opportunities to advance your knowledge and skills to use practically in the classroom.
Pros
Training
Cons
Compensation and salary
Great place to work, always learning new things
Journeyman Painter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAFebruary 2, 2019
Great place to work. Always something going on. Yopu can definately learn from the older guys thats been there 20 years plus.
The benefits are pretty good as well.
Pros
Benefits, great team of guys to work with
Cons
Not all principals at school locations appreciate what we do for thier school.
Fun work place to be surrounded by children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Sing a good morning song then wash hands and eat breakfast. Do some language arts or math work then later go outside and play. Come inside go to the bathroom, wash hands and eat lunch then take a nap. Eat a snack then do inside play until parents come to pick up their children.
Great benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAJanuary 28, 2019
LAUSD was a wonderful place to work for 26 years. There were many dedicated individuals I was fortunate to work with. Everyone knows when you decide to work for a school district your passion is to work with students and make a difference. The benefits are an added perk because as we all know, unfortunately educators do not make the money they deserve.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
minimal training
There were many positives aspects working with children within this environment,
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2019
I loved working in a multicultural environment. I am very
people oriented and I liked developing tasks that suited the development of young children ‘s growth. I was a special education teacher at the elementary level for about the last fifteen years there. I throughly enjoyed working within the classroom with other adult team members. Those adults included volunteers, parents, classroom aides, and other teachers.
Working in a collaborative setting with other adults helped to
bind a more cohesive and positive environment for the
students. Team building access in the workplace promoted
growth in the awareness of various cultural groups of families
from different parts of the wotld. I had students from developing third world countries to highly industrized
countries. Within these countries were different classes of people and systems within in their socities that I was exposed to. From this exposure I have gained a wealth of knowledge
on developing my interpersonal skills in the workplace.
As a teacher in the field of special education with students
with mild to moderate disabilities I was able to successfully
enhance, enrich, and develop teaching strategies that encouraged positive growth in adults and children.
Pros
I like working with parents and children.
Cons
High stress with time for continuing my education.
A great place to learn
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2019
I worked with children. I helped those children get to the next level. The work site was not always easy to be in, but the children made it endurable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight