Los Angeles Unified School District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,183 reviews matching the search See all 1,185 reviews
Good Company
Substitute Early Education Center Aide 1 (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2018
Great company to work for. They have benefits and their company is collaborative especially if you work with a school. If applying here sometimes they take forever to respond.
its was nice working there
Building & Grounds Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 10, 2018
I wouldn't go back to many personal politics I don't much to say about this company & I don't want to be negative towards them im forced to write this because system will not allow me to go to another screen.
Work is what you make it
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2018
Your pay will make you feel better about your job just have to know the right person to work for some supervisor are by the book and some understand being a driver
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Dealing with traffic
Fun workplace to interact and work with kids.
Youth Coach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2018
Everyday was done routinely. Typically we go on to pick up the kids, take role, and provide snacks. After that take the kids to go do their homework and continue on with daily activities.
Decent pay but stressful
Middle School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2018
The Los Angeles Unified School District is the nation’s second largest school district. As a result it has all the issues associated with a large urban district. On top of that the District has had a revolving door of leadership, which causes regulations and practices to change at a moment’s notice. The pay, however, is comparable to other LA area employers.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Typical large district issues
Fun place to work whenever full time is available and paid for.
Instructional Aide, Computer Lab (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2018
Great company to work for as it provides an independent environment whenever it had to do with any specialty or specialized position or tile like any technology related positions as I would just sign in and I will be presented with assisgnments and troubleshooting postings and calls that needed to be completed as required by necessity and importance.
Pros
Discounts at multiple stores and purchasing stores whether for educational, technology repair or researching purposes to better LAUSD’ equipment.
Cons
Login only worked when login took place inside the district firewall not from home
Nice and you can grow professionally. But sometimes they have horrible supervisors.
resource & special education Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Los AngelesOctober 4, 2018
It is a good place to work in. If you have a nice supervisor you can stay there for the rest of your life. Also the students are not bad, but there are some areas that have students who are uncultured for example around the watts or south central Los Angeles. In good areas the students behave well and are ready to learn. The professionals mind their business.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
The breaks are ok
Only part-time job with benefits
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Arleta, CAOctober 4, 2018
Work is not overwhelming all the time. You get all holidays off and paid with the except of winter and summer break. However, there are possibilities of employment during the summer.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Long unpaid breaks
great place to work
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAOctober 3, 2018
its a great place to grow the hours are great you work Monday thru
Friday and the best is you have weekends off the pay could be better if they gave raises
Pros
great healthcare benefits
Cons
more raises
fun place to work at
Playground Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 2, 2018
love working with the students and being able to help them succeed. creating teams to play on weekend tournament are fun and the kids always have a fun participating
Very Productive and fun Place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 26, 2018
It was a great place to work for 27 years no complaints always
room for promotion always getting discounts for Disneyland trips
with the family, enjoyed having to choice to work for the Holidays
one week of for christmas and NewYears, my job was very close
to my daughters school and home
very good for work
Early Educational Center Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
I learned so many things from school. I wanted to work but i moved to another state. i was comfortable to work over there. I loved the students who used to come for the school . I also loved to teach them lot of story,arts etc.
Great
Super Vision Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2018
I love the kids its like you grow bonds with people and treat you like family you learn something new everyday I love solving problems for the kids and they play great
Friendly Workplace
Volunteer Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CASeptember 21, 2018
Grear place for people to gain work experience in the educational field with friendly people and versatile job options. Highly recommend for people with all experience levels.
Challenging yet rewarding
School Office Technician (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CASeptember 19, 2018
Being part of the office staff at an elementary school can be stressful yet rewarding. It is our priority to serve our students, staff and teachers, and parents; but most importantly to create a safe learning environment for all of our students.
Great field to be in
Plant Manager 1 (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CASeptember 18, 2018
Working for the district has been a fun 3 years, but now i want to go back to school and get a different job to broaden my horizons even more than what lausd already has done for me. i learned a strong work ethic from here
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very great jobs with great positions to move up to...
Cafeferia worker (Former Employee) –  333. S. Beaudry Ave, Los Angeles, Ca 90045September 17, 2018
I love working at L.A.U.S.D. Because you learn alot, and you get a chance to help the children.. You can also take this career anywhere in U.S.A.. I loved working at L A.U.S.D. Because I felt like I was at home away from home...
Fun work site
Paraprofessional / Campus Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2018
Staff exceptional to work with. It is a fast paced environment where taking initiative is greatly appreciated and acknowledged. In working with children, you are able to make a difference.
A very competitive work place but flexible at the same time
Assistant Plant Manager I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2018
A job as a custodian for LAUSD can sometimes be very complicated at times and other time quite enjoyable.
The job can be very easy to a person that take their job seriously .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough raises
Great Environment to Grow
IT Support (LAUSD) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2018
Started as a teen and developed into an adult. Best place for personal development and growth. Took on a lot of leadership roles and impacted many in a positive way.
Pros
Many opportunities to advance and grow, Great benefits.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Angeles Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight