Los Rios Community College District Employee Reviews

ARC Los Rios
Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 20, 2018
American River College is a wonderful place to work as a professor. The staff is excellent and the learning culture is excellent. As a newer professor there is ample chances to grow within the field.
Great experience
Microbiology Instructional Aid (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 19, 2018
I had a great experience working at Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College as an Instructional Aid. I would highly recommend it. I learned a lot during my time there and honed my skills.
Los Rios Community College is a viable education institution to work at
Faculty Diversity Internship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 17, 2018
Los Rios is then and now a great place to work. It provides students and staff a wide range of services and events to participate in. the opportunities are boundless.
Pros
The job, the facility and the staff are top notch
Job there
Student help (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2018
Its ok the people really do not include everyone and graveyard is unsafe and paid way less then they should be also they are not family oriented because I was taking my earned sick leave and they let me go because of it. they have not many back up and as graveyard no one to get to you fast enough if you were in danger.
Pros
working for a district
Cons
no communication and lack of family orient
Great People
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2018
I love working with the people that I work with. I love the job it simply and they work with your availability. Everyone get alone well some time we have potluck and we have fun together.
Pros
They can work with your availability
Cons
The pay is not that good
Good People
Lead Planner and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2018
Overall a good place to work but the Management is very challenging and unreasonable quite often but fellow workers make for a pleasant work environment.
Laid back and self sufficient
American Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Work at your own pace. There are opportunities for advancement and raises. But you have to go get them yourself. The work culture was very laid back and co-workers were very friendly.
Loved working here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 24, 2018
I worked there in 2008-2009. Unfortunately, I did not make the interview pool for a permanent position of my role, as I couldn't type fast enough. I loved the staff and the culture. I felt some autonomy in my position as well as I was front facing and had to think on my feet sometimes, not hiding behind a phone and computer is nice! When I apply again- sometimes the recruiters reach out and tell me a posting has been canceled or whatever- you hear back. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Lots of support, friendly staff, great culture
Cons
Paying for parking as a contracted employee
A so so job, overall a poor job.
Instructor in Basic, Fortran, and Computer Lab (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CaliforniaJanuary 13, 2018
I taught Fortran, and ran a computer lab. It was a temporary job. The pace was demanding, and you were subject to potential lawsuit from disgruntled parents, for which you were on your own.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Professor of Anatomy & Physiology (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 28, 2017
I taught A&P a prerequisite for entry into competitive health care programs. Other than the competition for obtaining classes, it is a great place to work!. You do have to have a back-up plan in the event you do not get a course to teach for the term. I would also like to see them open more classes in this area. Each class I have taught has a 20 person waiting list. There is definitely a need for these classes. I do know community colleges, in general, have decreased enrollment in California. I think offering more in terms of waitlisted courses, would bring more students back into the community college system.
Pros
Benefits are awesome, people are awesome and supportive
Cons
Not always classes available to teach; mostly night classes available for adjuncts
Mostly enjoyable job culture
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 18, 2017
Me and others were positioned where our skills were needed. This made days simple and stress-less. The difficult part of my job became IT restricting our access to computers. The most enjoyable portion of my job became the control I was given over how to teach math to those who need tutoring.
Great co-workers to work with
Equipment Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 6, 2017
Management seem to hire the people with all the education, but no real life experience. When they come up with an idea and it does not work, they blame the workers.
Pros
Great vacation, good health care, great people to work with.
Cons
Unqualified management
Great experience as an instructor.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95822September 9, 2017
LRCC is great place to work. The work is challenging, rewarding and fun. I would recommend LRCC to anyone who is interested in teaching at the community college level. I do not plan to leave/retire until I am no longer able to teach.
The people here are great.
Tutor/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2017
I worked with the director and other people tutoring students and it was a great experience. They treat the tutors as actual people and work with our schedules for school. I loved working here.
Not the most efficient place to work. Everything was disorganized.
Clerk III - CALWORKs Dept, District Office (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 24, 2017
The job was rather boring. I would get all of my work done in the morning then have little or nothing to do in the afternoon. I was always looking for work to do.
Pros
I was not micromanaged.
Cons
Very little to do.
Awesome place to work
Student Help (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2017
I was a tutor and I loved the job very much! I worked with students and the staff. I had to take a course in order to get training for the job. The job is very easy and fun!!
Pros
safe environment, off on weekends
Cons
unstable shifts
everyday dynamics
Faculty Diversity Internship Program (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2017
A typical day is very lively and supportive.
The staff is excellent
The hours are flexible
The workplace culture is respectful.
The job was temporary
They paid very well.
Cosumnes River College (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 8, 2017
Great place to work and great benefits . Management is very fair and the work place culture is great . Nothing really bad to say about this place at all
Management is the largest issue
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Management issues - colleagues try to bring you down- no friendly relation among colleagues- there is a bad force to pass students. If a student fail in course and complaints, the professor is responsible. I never saw such thing anywhere else considering I have been teaching more than 10 years. Payee is good, for a phd it's about $80 per hour depend on experience. They dont consider working outside the district as working experience.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare1
Great coworkers and boss
Computer Lab Assistant at Cosumnes River College (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 8, 2016
The work environment was very nice. My coworkers were nice and my boss was great. There was a lot of downtime, especially during hours when most classes were done. During this downtime, you could work on homework or whatever you wanted to do as long as you were ready to help anybody when they ask. One downside is that the hiring process is done through the financial aid office, which has screwed me over more than once and is the reason why I'm not working there anymore.
Pros
Great coworkers and boss. Lots of downtime.
Cons
Have to deal with financial aid office frequently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Rios Community College District. Our community is ready to answer.

Los Rios Community College District Reviews by Location