Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

You can find a better RN position somewhere else
Registered Nurse, charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 13, 2018
10+ years here. HCA is not the place to work if you are an RN. understaffed and workload always being increased. No breaks. No CNAs. Total RN burnout.
Pros
Awesome co workers
Cons
no aids, fear mongering, have to finish work off clock, corporate greed, does not care about the employees or the patients, only the money. No value to loyalty and senior staff
Excellent organziation
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 16, 2018
Organization had a small town feel although it was in a major city. Provided safe/quality care to the community. A collaborative culture among the staff.
Hard place to work, unfair labor and work ethics
CLS, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 25, 2018
Ok place to work, but management is more focused on share holders than on our employees. We continue to pay more out of pocket expenses for our ever decreasing benefits. HCA seems to always find ways to take away from its employees.

There is an ongoing staff shortage and the pay is below market. We are forever being asked to work additional shifts to cover nights and then we're not paid what was promised.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Missed breaks, not paid for OT hours worked
Registrar/Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 24, 2018
Los Robles is a well run Hospital. It has great physicians and nurses. There is very much a team attitude. They go over and above to treat patients with respect and dignity.
Nice place to work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 16, 2018
Nice place to work. Fast pace environment. Staff is easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job I think would be is that I am making a difference
I loved it until I didn't
X-Ray Assistant/Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 21, 2018
After Columbia bought HCA things started going downhill. I got pretty bad, but then then unionized and things got a little better. I'm not a fan of for profit hospitals. I love the Radiology Dept. I'm glad I worked there.
Pros
Radiology staff. Some great nurses.
Cons
Respiratory Dept needs get therapists off the floor and into ICU
Poor management that likes to pass the blame
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 27, 2018
Managment here is a joke. I worked in the Radiology Department and was closely associated with the Emergency Room. Managent in Radiology buckles to the will of the ER. At the end of every quarter, people would be made to flex hours in order to meet the budget, so you would be short staffed during this time even though the workload was the same. I learned how to be proactive and be a patient advocate. I also learned how to better manage my time and prioritize the workflow in order to get as many patients done in a timely manner. I often felt pressured to expedite patient exams in order to gain throughput, which in turn made the patients experience suffer.
Pros
Salary, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Management, High Throughput, Profits>Patients.
It can be a good place to work
Registrar/Cashier/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 10, 2018
Depending on what department you work in. Unless they like you, you are easily replaceable. I've heard that the nursing side is good but the registration side is not. The union for the registration side is extremely weak.
Pros
discount on food
Quick paced, daily challenges and solutions
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 27, 2018
I really enjoyed working in a hospital environment and the postion I held was definitely challenging but productive and I enjoyed every moment. I also enjoyed working with the majority of the staff.
over the years employed there i learned many new things to add to my career.
cook (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMarch 16, 2018
great people to work with. team-players in that department. management was always there to help if there was any need. people there were very interested in others personnal life such as hobbies, and family.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometimes demanding
Corporate greed will make you bleed
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 6, 2018
I've worked as an RN at LR for 5 years, and there were a lot of changes during this period. The hospital grew tremendously but they did not expand the staff to accommodate the growth. Management was terrible, middle management positions are a revolving door, as expectations for staff from upper management are unrealistic. Needs of staff to do their job right are dismissed in favor of profit, this creates staff burnout, high turnover. Since patient satisfaction means money, management will make you bleed to make it look perfect for the patient. No support, you're just a number, unfair and often illegal management practices, fear based, low morale.
A true burnout factory.
Working for another hospital in the county now, the difference is night and day. Very glad I left and would never work for HCA again, a corrupt, ruthless, profit hungry bunch.
Pros
Good learning experience, pay ok
Cons
Awful corporate greed, bad management, overworked
For-Profit and it shows!
RN (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Great team of RNs, docs, tech and ancillary staff!!!
Horrible management centered on metrics and marketing, pt care takes a back seat. Upper management completely unsupportive, lots of lip service. Terrible CEO from a staff perspective. If patients actually knew....
Chronic short staffing and blatant disregard for union contracts.
Disappointed with the culture and substandard level of care from what I am accustomed to.
Wouldn’t recommend working here, burnout factory.
Pros
Great team/staff
Cons
Corrupt money-grubbing upper management
Worst place to work
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 10, 2017
Management is horrible. Company’s all about money. Squeezing nurses by taking out resources and still expects them to do and finish their job on time.
Pros
Short drive to where I live.
Cons
Horrible management.
Good place to work in with supportive managers.
CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST, CHEMISTRY (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA 91360October 16, 2017
Los Robles Hospital is a very good place to work. The department managers are nice and cordial and there are enough Clinical Lab Scientists and Lab Technicians to do the work.

The work load can be very busy at times but still manageable.
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 15, 2017
Positive energy, everyone there knows their role and is very team orientated. Cafeteria is not half bad and the new building that was just added couple years ago is nice.
Preceptorship for Nursing
Student R.N. Preceptor - Progressive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 10, 2017
LRH is a great place to work. I only precepted there as a student nurse. The staff are amazing. They are supportive and are always willing to help. I recommend them for employment.
Very Busy OR
CST (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 15, 2017
Very busy OR. A lot of orthopedic and spine cases. Employees are hard working and are very patient oriented. The hardest part of the job can be the long hours. The best part is knowing that you made the difference in somebody's life. The management that I worked under were very good to me and the company has excellent benefits.
working here will shorten your life
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 24, 2017
High demand, little reward. No encouragement. Management has favorites. MUST do "volunteer" work to advance. No breaks, little sympathy from management. Management unwilling or unable to assist when staffing is poor and ratios are high. lunch breaks at 5pm.
Its all about appearance. Rooms look big and lots of furniture, however, furniture makes it more difficult for patients to get around, encourages excessive visitors (hoping family will assist in care) because nurses are spread too thin. No aides, no secretaries, nurses are expected to triage, admit to hospital (do admissions), assess, put in doctors orders, draw labs, computerized charting all on multiple patients...OH and take care of patients...assist with PT, dressing changes, assist to bathroom...oh and answer the phones...and they wonder why satisfaction rates are so low.
Pros
location, setting your own schedule (most of the time), pay
Cons
everything else
Benefits package gets you and keeps you
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 13, 2017
For-profit, corporate environment. The people who work there are dedicated and hard-working but corporate tries to manage from a distance producing an environment of conflict between staff and management.
Great Pay. Horrible management
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 9, 2017
I've been here two years and have been short staffed the whole time. Management is by far the worst I've ever experienced. No support at all and they try and run you to the ground. While they go home on time. If it wasn't for management I might consider staying long term.
Pros
High pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about