Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

Watch Your Back
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 1, 2019
Too much drama and negative attitudes. Many many new grads running around, are lazy and incompetent.
Nurse managers who play games with you and blame staff for any patient care dilemma. No help at night, you are on your own. Immature clickish charge nurses that will give you the worst assignments and smile in your face.
Pros
Clocking Out to go home.
Cons
Being there.
You can find a better RN position somewhere else
Registered Nurse, charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 13, 2018
10+ years here. HCA is not the place to work if you are an RN. understaffed and workload always being increased. No breaks. No CNAs. Total RN burnout.
Pros
Awesome co workers
Cons
no aids, fear mongering, have to finish work off clock, corporate greed, does not care about the employees or the patients, only the money. No value to loyalty and senior staff
float pool
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 16, 2019
great teaching hospital. all staff worked as a team. I floated from unit to unit on a daily basis. area living in was great. human resources always made sure you were doing good in the job that you were hired to do. excellent teaching job.
Pros
great environment
Cons
travel asssignment.
Hard place to work, unfair labor and work ethics
CLS, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 25, 2018
Ok place to work, but management is more focused on share holders than on our employees. We continue to pay more out of pocket expenses for our ever decreasing benefits. HCA seems to always find ways to take away from its employees.

There is an ongoing staff shortage and the pay is below market. We are forever being asked to work additional shifts to cover nights and then we're not paid what was promised.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Missed breaks, not paid for OT hours worked
Providing excellent medical services
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 1, 2018
I was a volunteer in the emergency room. I witnessed patients receiving excellent medical care. I provided emotional and comfort support to patients to help free the nurses so they could attend to their nursing duties.
I loved it until I didn't
X-Ray Assistant/Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 21, 2018
After Columbia bought HCA things started going downhill. I got pretty bad, but then then unionized and things got a little better. I'm not a fan of for profit hospitals. I love the Radiology Dept. I'm glad I worked there.
Pros
Radiology staff. Some great nurses.
Cons
Respiratory Dept needs get therapists off the floor and into ICU
Poor management that likes to pass the blame
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 27, 2018
Managment here is a joke. I worked in the Radiology Department and was closely associated with the Emergency Room. Managent in Radiology buckles to the will of the ER. At the end of every quarter, people would be made to flex hours in order to meet the budget, so you would be short staffed during this time even though the workload was the same. I learned how to be proactive and be a patient advocate. I also learned how to better manage my time and prioritize the workflow in order to get as many patients done in a timely manner. I often felt pressured to expedite patient exams in order to gain throughput, which in turn made the patients experience suffer.
Pros
Salary, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Management, High Throughput, Profits>Patients.
Los Robles Medical Center
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 2, 2018
Delivered medical supplies to all Hospital departments.
I learned what the medical supplies were used for in the various departments.
Workplace culture was fast paced.
Hardest part of the job might be for some people the sickness of the patients.
Most enjoyable was helping other staff do their jobs more effectively.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment can be stressful.
Great Place to Work
Team Lead, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 22, 2018
Los Robles is a great place to work. The atmosphere is very friendly and professional. They have a great leadership team that is very concern with the quality of patient care.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
no cons
Registrar/Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 24, 2018
Los Robles is a well run Hospital. It has great physicians and nurses. There is very much a team attitude. They go over and above to treat patients with respect and dignity.
Excellent organziation
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 16, 2018
Organization had a small town feel although it was in a major city. Provided safe/quality care to the community. A collaborative culture among the staff.
Been very happy here
Director Physician & Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 21, 2018
I love the people I work with and being a part of the hospital and healthcare setting. No two days are the same and that keeps me interested and engaged. There's always something new to learn and new relationships to develop.
For-Profit and it shows!
RN (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Great team of RNs, docs, tech and ancillary staff!!!
Horrible management centered on metrics and marketing, pt care takes a back seat. Upper management completely unsupportive, lots of lip service. Terrible CEO from a staff perspective. If patients actually knew....
Chronic short staffing and blatant disregard for union contracts.
Disappointed with the culture and substandard level of care from what I am accustomed to.
Wouldn’t recommend working here, burnout factory.
Pros
Great team/staff
Cons
Corrupt money-grubbing upper management
It can be a good place to work
Registrar/Cashier/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 10, 2018
Depending on what department you work in. Unless they like you, you are easily replaceable. I've heard that the nursing side is good but the registration side is not. The union for the registration side is extremely weak.
Pros
discount on food
Nice place to work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 16, 2018
Nice place to work. Fast pace environment. Staff is easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job I think would be is that I am making a difference
over the years employed there i learned many new things to add to my career.
cook (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMarch 16, 2018
great people to work with. team-players in that department. management was always there to help if there was any need. people there were very interested in others personnal life such as hobbies, and family.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometimes demanding
Quick paced, daily challenges and solutions
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 27, 2018
I really enjoyed working in a hospital environment and the postion I held was definitely challenging but productive and I enjoyed every moment. I also enjoyed working with the majority of the staff.
Corporate greed will make you bleed
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 6, 2018
I've worked as an RN at LR for 5 years, and there were a lot of changes during this period. The hospital grew tremendously but they did not expand the staff to accommodate the growth. Management was terrible, middle management positions are a revolving door, as expectations for staff from upper management are unrealistic. Needs of staff to do their job right are dismissed in favor of profit, this creates staff burnout, high turnover. Since patient satisfaction means money, management will make you bleed to make it look perfect for the patient. No support, you're just a number, unfair and often illegal management practices, fear based, low morale.
A true burnout factory.
Working for another hospital in the county now, the difference is night and day. Very glad I left and would never work for HCA again, a corrupt, ruthless, profit hungry bunch.
Pros
Good learning experience, pay ok
Cons
Awful corporate greed, bad management, overworked
Poor Mangement Hostile work environment
RN 2 (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Changes in mangement, in 5 years directorship change 3 times. There is ongoing hostile work environment among staff with bullying which causes a greater attrition of staff. Would not recommend to any nurses seeking to work in a professional environment.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor work environment
Good place to work in with supportive managers.
CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST, CHEMISTRY (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA 91360October 16, 2017
Los Robles Hospital is a very good place to work. The department managers are nice and cordial and there are enough Clinical Lab Scientists and Lab Technicians to do the work.

The work load can be very busy at times but still manageable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Reviews by Location