Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews in Thousand Oaks, CA

Efficient and friendly place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 10, 2019
I enjoyed working with fellow students at the time who also wanted to volunteer. It was a very helpful program for patients and staff in the hospital.
2nd best place
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 31, 2019
Working here was busy but rewarding. I learned many new things that would coming about in the medical field.

The hardest part were the hours, but other than that I would go back and work there.
great place for a nursing student
Nursing Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 31, 2019
Being a nursing student here was definitely a blessing. The staff is great and helpful and it was overall a wonderful environment to learn in. I hope I am able to work here as an RN when I graduate.
Welcoming and organized workplace
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 20, 2019
Facility is extremely accommodating to travel nurses. Management and staff are quick to address any concerns and respond quickly by phone and email. Staff nurses are friendly and accepting of new employees, which makes newcomers feel very welcome.
volunteer
COD/FLOATER VOLUNTEER RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 18, 2019
Great place and was nice to volunteer here and enjoyed it very much.
You meet really nice people and learn from there experience being a part of the team.You also get a feel of how face pace the hospitals really are.
float pool
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 16, 2019
great teaching hospital. all staff worked as a team. I floated from unit to unit on a daily basis. area living in was great. human resources always made sure you were doing good in the job that you were hired to do. excellent teaching job.
Pros
great environment
Cons
travel asssignment.
Watch Your Back
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 1, 2019
Too much drama and negative attitudes. Many many new grads running around, are lazy and incompetent.
Nurse managers who play games with you and blame staff for any patient care dilemma. No help at night, you are on your own. Immature clickish charge nurses that will give you the worst assignments and smile in your face.
Pros
Clocking Out to go home.
Cons
Being there.
Providing excellent medical services
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 1, 2018
I was a volunteer in the emergency room. I witnessed patients receiving excellent medical care. I provided emotional and comfort support to patients to help free the nurses so they could attend to their nursing duties.
You can find a better RN position somewhere else
Registered Nurse, charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 13, 2018
10+ years here. HCA is not the place to work if you are an RN. understaffed and workload always being increased. No breaks. No CNAs. Total RN burnout.
Pros
Awesome co workers
Cons
no aids, fear mongering, have to finish work off clock, corporate greed, does not care about the employees or the patients, only the money. No value to loyalty and senior staff
Excellent organziation
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 16, 2018
Organization had a small town feel although it was in a major city. Provided safe/quality care to the community. A collaborative culture among the staff.
Hard place to work, unfair labor and work ethics
CLS, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 25, 2018
Ok place to work, but management is more focused on share holders than on our employees. We continue to pay more out of pocket expenses for our ever decreasing benefits. HCA seems to always find ways to take away from its employees.

There is an ongoing staff shortage and the pay is below market. We are forever being asked to work additional shifts to cover nights and then we're not paid what was promised.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Missed breaks, not paid for OT hours worked
Registrar/Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 24, 2018
Los Robles is a well run Hospital. It has great physicians and nurses. There is very much a team attitude. They go over and above to treat patients with respect and dignity.
Great Place to Work
Team Lead, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 22, 2018
Los Robles is a great place to work. The atmosphere is very friendly and professional. They have a great leadership team that is very concern with the quality of patient care.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
no cons
Great Learning Opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 2, 2018
I interned at this facility and was able to learn many processes and skills. It was a contract position, so my time there was temporary. I would love to work here if a full time position was available.
Pros
Flexible hours
Nice place to work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 16, 2018
Nice place to work. Fast pace environment. Staff is easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job I think would be is that I am making a difference
Been very happy here
Director Physician & Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 21, 2018
I love the people I work with and being a part of the hospital and healthcare setting. No two days are the same and that keeps me interested and engaged. There's always something new to learn and new relationships to develop.
I loved it until I didn't
X-Ray Assistant/Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 21, 2018
After Columbia bought HCA things started going downhill. I got pretty bad, but then then unionized and things got a little better. I'm not a fan of for profit hospitals. I love the Radiology Dept. I'm glad I worked there.
Pros
Radiology staff. Some great nurses.
Cons
Respiratory Dept needs get therapists off the floor and into ICU
Los Robles Medical Center
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 2, 2018
Delivered medical supplies to all Hospital departments.
I learned what the medical supplies were used for in the various departments.
Workplace culture was fast paced.
Hardest part of the job might be for some people the sickness of the patients.
Most enjoyable was helping other staff do their jobs more effectively.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment can be stressful.
Poor management that likes to pass the blame
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 27, 2018
Managment here is a joke. I worked in the Radiology Department and was closely associated with the Emergency Room. Managent in Radiology buckles to the will of the ER. At the end of every quarter, people would be made to flex hours in order to meet the budget, so you would be short staffed during this time even though the workload was the same. I learned how to be proactive and be a patient advocate. I also learned how to better manage my time and prioritize the workflow in order to get as many patients done in a timely manner. I often felt pressured to expedite patient exams in order to gain throughput, which in turn made the patients experience suffer.
Pros
Salary, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Management, High Throughput, Profits>Patients.
It can be a good place to work
Registrar/Cashier/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 10, 2018
Depending on what department you work in. Unless they like you, you are easily replaceable. I've heard that the nursing side is good but the registration side is not. The union for the registration side is extremely weak.
Pros
discount on food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Reviews by Location