Lou Malnati's Pizzeria Employee Reviews

Love it!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IllinoisSeptember 5, 2019
This place has great culture and teamwork! I really love how they are family owned and they want to create that same culture with their customers and employees. Lou Malnati's has helped many people though difficult times and been there for those who need it. You probably won't find a company as great as this one to work for.

Its pretty relaxed during the week at take-outs and delivery locations. Fridays-Sundays are pretty crazy but fun! The whole place is fun to work at.

I do think that the managers need more pay or something. I have worked with many managers who seem worn out and because of that stop caring. Everyday they are doing something for the company and that sort of dedication and loyalty should be rewarded. Maybe they just need more vacation days or a paid weekend trip to get away every 3-4 months to refresh them.

Also, they have AWESOME benefits. I am SO SO SO thankful for that!
Not worth it
Busser (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2019
Employees are great to work with and the pay is pretty good for the must party but the management is just awful I the year I have been working only negative things will be pointed out
They have a good team but fail to support individual scheduling needs.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Western Springs, ILAugust 14, 2019
The hardest part of the job is scheduling which has been difficult since they changed to a new scheduling software. There are numerous errors that have gone unaddressed.
Fun place to work
Phone Worker (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 11, 2019
Management here was always amazing, willing to work with you if you needed help. Always made sure employees were taken care of and backed up employees when it came to discrepancies with customers. Overall a very fun work environment that I miss.
Great 1st job
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2019
Good job for younger people

Can get very fast paced on holidays and game days

High turnover rates so there is always extra hours

Free meals every shift
Pros
Free food
Cons
High turnover rates
Managers are plain insolent and store manager too
Driver (Former Employee) –  South loopAugust 5, 2019
Worst management at south loop . My experience was that. I worked for 7 years always i complained that I was bullied and insulted in job site by other driver i reported the incidents next thing managers turn back to me saying i was on fault. What hypocricy from managers they proclaim a good working enviroment.when mgm don't listen to victims or complainers but give more chance to bullieiers . customers pay more than half of the salary. While lous keeps. Delivery charg portion
Very great staff and manger
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 19, 2019
This restaurant was so great to work for. I really hated I had to leave and relocate at the time. The staff and mangers was great and cared a lot about each other. If I'm ever in that area again I would greatly love to work for them again
The people you work with are fun but this place has its favorites.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2019
I think this place needs alot of improvement with management i feel like this job was more about giving and giving than them rewarding unless you are a favorite.
Poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2019
The managment that transferred to open this location is cliqueish and biased. There is clear favoritism to employees that have been here longer and if you're new you are treated as an outsider. Not to mention the bullying and obvious nepotism. Would not recommend applying here if you expect to be treated as part of the team. You're given rules and then they change on the whim of whoever is in charge that day. The GM is extremely rude to all the employees.
Bad Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2019
They claim to be a family company but have no family values. The management is undertrained and tend to divert focus from real problems. Stressful environment all around.
Pros
Employee family meal
Cons
No breaks, bad managers
Great Company, Family Oriented
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMay 17, 2019
Lou's is a great company to work for! There are serval areas for growth and the managers are always there to help their employees succeed. I have learned a great number of skills while working at Lou Malnati's Pizzeria and can apply them to future job opportunities.
Pros
Flexible, Employee discounts, employee meal, reasonable insurance rates
Cons
No paid vacation time off
Not good
Phone Worker (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILMay 12, 2019
Managers didn’t let you take days off, it was like trying to solve world hunger. Got written up multiple times for missing shift but I gave them days I couldn’t work but was still put on the schedule.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad connection with personal life
Avoid!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Flossmoor, ILMay 10, 2019
I worked at the Flossmoor location for about a year and a half, and had 4 different store mangers. The place is a revolving door as far as employment goes. If you don’t kiss butt or do extra work, you get no hours.
Pros
A discount I guess
Cons
Everything else.
Not worth it.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2019
Delivery can get pricey with the gas prices going up but the compensation staying the same. Most of the time the orders are late or unorganized. No set schedules. Short breaks.
Pros
Free food on weekends.
Cons
Short breaks, Little to no gas compensation, Unorganized, No set schedules, More labor than driving and paid less
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 11, 2019
ive worked here for about 8 months, and i really enjoy it. the workers are very friendly and the managers are willing to work around my schedule. the only thing i have a complaint about is the pay.
Pros
employee meals
Cons
low pay
Great coworkers, but management is lacking.
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midway, ILApril 9, 2019
The job overall was great but the managers lack authority, and choose favorites. Everyone did not get the same treatment/ scolding as some employees did.
Pros
Employee meal, holiday parties, discounts
Cons
Always taking away hours, no full time hours, no overtime, only 5 workers in the phc department and still no hours
Not a fun place to be at
Host, cashier, & phone clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2019
Management really makes sure that you hate your job. Very insensitive people. I was going to school and had a high risk pregnancy, only asked for my school days off and couldn't do that for me. Got fired because I missed work for school.
Fast-paced work environment
Phone Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2019
I don't have much to say other than the people are nice that work and eat there, but there for some reason no time to breathe while on the clock, even when they're not busy.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low pay
Decent work environment, some issues with staff.
Phone Worker (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 25, 2019
Overall, Lou's is a fairly nice place to work, although there have been some issues at my location with management and with some of my coworkers being fired because their work ethic was not up to par. The atmosphere is generally friendly, and I have made several friends while working at Lou's. The managers we have currently are easygoing, though at times can be standoffish or harried.
Pros
Free food while on the clock.
Cons
There have been toxic people with poor attitudes and minimal skills employed.
A place that doesn't allow you to succeed in the workforce
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  South Elgin, ILMarch 5, 2019
While I worked at Lou's they didn't care whether they trained you or not. They have no appreciation if you do something good. The hours at Lou's were terrible because they had everybody that was trained properly work more than forty hours a week and that includes high school students. As I am a high school student I didn't work full time. I asked for 15-20 hours a week. I was working around 20-25 hours in the beginning and then they dropped me down to two days a week and kept changing the schedule all time. There was no steady work hours. All in all Lou Malnatis was a very successful place for me to work at.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
to short of breaks. not enough people. management was terrible