Loudoun County, VA
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Loudoun County, VA Employee Reviews

United States89 reviews

countylifestaffopportunitynicebenefitlotlearned

A good job for a college student

The scheduling was very flexible and it pays above average compared to other jobs at the experience level. However, there doesn't appear to be any room for advancement and there's minimal interaction with other employees.

Lots of opportunities;

Caring supervisors, long working hours Open process for evaluations. Good job. Good benefits Qualified staff and coworkers. Show appreciation for your work. Give recognition. A lot of training opportunities available

Pros

Supervisory appreciation

Loudoun County, VA insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Good supportive work environment

Worked with the department for 5 years. Love the teamwork and support. Good continuing education options and incentives. Truly person- centered approach to individuals served.

Positive and Supportive Work Environment

Working for Loudoun County has been the best experience I’ve had so far in my career. My department really encourages work/life balance and reminds us to take breaks. The nature of the work is often really stressful and challenging but the role itself is very flexible. I’ve never felt patronized or micromanaged, only encouraged and supported as a professional. You won’t get rich working for the county but the pay is competitive and the benefits are really really good. Its the first job I can see myself staying at long-term.

Ok for licensure

Difficult work life balance due to multiple evenings expected, unannounced coverage needed for other departments, and stress from patients. First line supervisors are supportive.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Stress, long hours, pay

Great

Great place to work, great benefits, great pay. I have no issues, the people are really nice to work with and the clients are fun as well. Can't imagine working anywhere else, no stress.

Bad

It’s not really fun to be here but I guess if you wanna get some money it’s cool and works out. Your favoraorite part of the job will be the vending machines

Pros

Vending machines

Cons

No time off

Productive and fun environment

The team in my department is amazing! I feel supported by my manager and coworkers and I learn something new almost every day. There is great work/life balance and they are very understanding.

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, good atmosphere

Lots of pressure with lots of opportunity

You will work extremely hard at Loudoun but the experience gained will be worth it. If you can survive the stress of nonstop work you can make a great career at Loudoun or take your experience somewhere else.

Pros

Good benefits and pay.

Cons

Pressure

Great internship

Interned at loudoun county commonwealth attorney’s office. Had a great time getting practical experience. Attended cases, saw cases through from grand just to sentencing, legal research and writing opportunities and others.

Pros

Some lunches, 9-5, leesburg is nice

Cons

Unpaid intern

Micromanaged and overworked

Loudoun County expects you to do the job of 5 people in a regular 8 hour day. The job you are hired for is only one facet of the job you will actually be doing. You are expected to be on the phone the entire day with customer's and still get a multitude of other tasks done. From emails, payments, mail sorting, correspondence, scanning, copying, faxing, and bookkeeping. You are not allowed to be in the office after public hours when the phones are off so you can't finish your work for the day to be able to start fresh the next day. The parking garage is overcrowded and only has one extremely slow elevator that isn't worth waiting for and is not connected to the government building so you have to walk through the courtyard rain or shine. Management is a mess. Nobody knows exactly who's responsibility somethings are and they throw you in the deep end and give you a lot of responsibility but then nitpick everything you do after the fact saying it wasn't done exactly right. Getting time off is a hassle even when you've earned paid time off or sick leave they often deny it because someone else is out of the office or it's to close to deadline. Even for doctors visits and emergencies with family members. I enjoyed working in downtown Leesburg with lots things to do on lunch and after work. I also enjoyed the pay scale.

Fun workplace with great staff

Everyday I learn something new at work and my co-workers are so nice and I always enjoy doing work there. My manager is very supportive and helpful. All staff members are so friendly.

Salaries are not compatible to living in Loudoun County

The work conditions are clean and comfortable. Level or trust and support from supervisors varies greatly. Confidentiality with HR is weak at best. Salaries are fixed and not suitable to living in the county you are working within,

Run from ICT

Loudoun County offers great benefits and majority of the staff are great. However, one branch within the county is very toxic and has a high turnover. If you have an opportunity to join ICT or PATH, DO NOT!!! This program loses 50% of their staff every other year due to management. Avoid ICT within Loudoun County if you can.

Good

The place is getting better, it has been going under some changes and peoples attitudes have gotten a lot better. We just received another raise this year.

Very Aged and Outdated Government Organization

For being one of the highest median incomes in the USA, you would never know it how the government interacts. Worked for an elected official, it impressed with the work ethic displayed and how the staff was treated. There were many times that a dress code and an image were more important. The culture was rigid and there was no flexibility to re-imagine processes or try new ideas (even a flex work schedule). The benefits of Loudoun County do NOT compare with private industry! Recommend to RUN from working here! If you decide to work here, ask what the specific office’s turnover rate has been over the last 12 months (especially when working for an elected official). Not impressed at all!

Busy work environment, but friendly

It has a great team to work with. Friendly environment, high work volume. Responsible team and supervisor. Organized and convenient for me for distance.

nice place to work

good place to work nice management fun place to work at meet lots of people get to use the facility for a good price never had to worry about what to wear because they supply a uniform

Hostile environmemt, DFS management does not care about you, will not care about you. Upper management put unrealistic expectations. Under staffed

These reviews are misleading. People that gave positive reviews do not work for Family Services they work for Loudoun schools. People that work serving the public are completely unappreciated, the work load per worker is excessive, unrealistic expectations., retaliation. . management

Fast paced, productive work environment

hands on customer service in a fast paced environment that could change moment to moment, must be wiling and flexible to changing atmosphere and requests,

fun place to intern

Interning here was great. Inter group was likeminded individuals. The internship gave a good experience into the world of real estate appraising and the mentors were great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loudoun County, VA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
1.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Loudoun County, VA with

• Loudoun County, VA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?