Loudoun County, VA Employee Reviews

Good place to work at.
Nurse Assistant/front desk secretary (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 13, 2018
Having all the skills I have, I felt I was underpaid.
I am a Bilingual person I assisted many people to interpret during their meeting for other Spanish speaking people. I was never paid for this, I normally received a 'Thank you, you can go now"
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Never had a 30 minute lunch alone or away from the desk
Benefits are good but salary is very low. Get the best salary you can when you are hired because the raises are 3% a year following.
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 7, 2018
Salary is low befits are good. Diversity culture is bad but they are slowly working on it. Management training needs to improve. Need to have required diversity training for managers and staff plus work shops in all departments to teach staff techniques on how best to deal with the changes in culture in Loudoun.
Pros
Health care is excellent
Cons
Management culture is bad- lack of outside world training
Fun place to work
Admin Assist/Comm Aide (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 4, 2018
Slow paced, typical government structure. Supervisors tend to have favoritism.

One thing I noticed, supervisors are family oriented and concerned of staff's health and family should come first
Teacher Assistant Special Education (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 29, 2018
Loudoun County Public Schools has a great way of teaching students of all needs. They are helpful, respectful, and always pay attention to what the students need.
work place
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work, great leaders and friendly employees I have enjoyed my time here thus far. Everyone is very helpful in getting new people up to speed.
Management has me actively looking elsewhere
Benefits Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 21, 2018
Up until about a month ago I genuinely loved my job. But sweeping changes under new management without any clear direction or standards has left many of us seeking employment elsewhere. We have been advised that we have not been giving adequate customer service without any evidence or data and therefore vague and unclear new "standards" have been put in place (but supervisors apparently are immune to the new standards). Supervisors rarely respond to emails but I know it works when they reach out for coverage for tasks or cases. We are understaffed and have been for months with no clear end in sight. More and more duties and responsibilities are being heaped on our already high caseloads and seemingly with no appreciation from management. We have been repeatedly talked to in a condescending manner and essentially accused of not being empathetic or compassionate for our clients' needs. When we have inquired about the policy for employee safety when seeing clients face to face we were told there is no SOP in place but people are generally good people so we essentially should not worry about our safety. We are currently allowed to telework twice a week after one year of employment but we have the feeling that is about to be taken away. I loved the job but management is severely lacking at all levels. I am applying for the exact same position in other counties and am willing to take a pay cut if offered a position.
Loudoun County is not a job
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAJune 3, 2018
Loudoun County is a place in which to live, and unless you work for local government, it is not a job. I will however include a brief statement about living in Loudoun County. It is a nice place to live, if you have a job that makes over $50,000 a year.
Great work Environment
Fire Protection Inspector (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 24, 2018
The people are nice to work with. Working for Loudoun was enjoyable. The hours were great and the benefits were fantastic. I learned a lot of skills working for Loudoun.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Very Political views
It was great to help out the people in need. I love to help people out who are in need and if you’re wanting to volunteer just give them a call.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 16, 2018
It made me a better person, it made me more humble, and it made me more generous. I loved helping the people who were in need and I’d go back there anytime to help them out as much as possible.
Hard work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAApril 5, 2018
Nice people. No vision or direction. No leadership. Lack of understanding customer service. The workload is horrendous for most folks which leads to poor attitude and behavior. Culture is throw whomever you can under the bus. There is a lot of turnover
Pros
Cons
Low pay. Poor management
most chaotic
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 26, 2018
typical chaos, poor communication, most workers are ok, hardest part is the inconsistencies across the board, unprofessional dress, behavior. could be better if everyone would take heed to instructions given, and management follow through. staff report mostly to work late. not relieving shifts.
Fun and Productive work environment.
Parks and Recreation Summer Camp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LovettsvilleMarch 12, 2018
The work environment was friendly and open for the employees to explore and grow as a professional. The job was face paced and you always had to be on your A game since you had to watch 25 plus children daily.
Stressful
Relief Counselor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Great place to get your foot in the door. The hardest part about the job is poor communication between staff. Lots of different opportunities to get experience and networking.
Good job for benefits
Land Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 21, 2018
Good job if you are looking for good benefits and reasonable hours. Lack of career advancement opportunities. Good collaboration between departments.
Good organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 6, 2018
Excelled opportunities for growth giving the County's economical and population growth. Good pace. Lees stressful environment vs. other organizations. A lot of investment in growing from within.
Pros
Work life balance
Pay & Benefits were great
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VA 20175December 24, 2017
Management provided weekly staff meetings to communicate with all levels of staff; very transparent management style leads to no confusion by employees about what was going on or coming up in the future. My first manager there was family oriented, but my second supervisor there was miserable.
Pros
Job Security
Prison environment
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VA 20175December 19, 2017
Working with trustee inmates to prepare meals. Good management. Worked in a prison environment. Dealing with many personalities in a closed environment.
good company to work for
Residential Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 19, 2017
I learned a lot working for this company. A typical day at work consists of a variety of task, but overall it is a great place of employment. Thanks for the opportunity.
Extremely relaxed, low stressed environment
Real Estate Appraisal Intern (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 15, 2017
You are expected to get your work done in this role, however, you are also given extremely ample time to finish your work. As a business student I excelled in my work here and was able to have a lot of time to relax. The pay was better than any other place I had interned, but since I was expected to do very little work every day I almost felt like I didn't earn it, but I will never complain about getting paid a lot to be expected to not overachieve.
Pros
Free time, field experience, amazing managers
Cons
Slow work pace
teacher ast
teaching asst (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 13, 2017
I would teach kids with special needs english that were from other countries! I enjoy it alot i would help kids from k to 7th i work with 1st grade!!!
Pros
work time with the kids