Loudoun County Parks and Recreation Employee Reviews

Na
Supervisor YAS Program (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 31, 2019
Loudoun County PRCS has been a community that I have been able to work and develop from. I'm please to have worked here for over 19 years and so glad to be apart of the team. Along the way have been challenges but I have made it through the year.
A lot of activities to involve campers.
Camp Supervisor (PM) (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 4, 2019
As supervisor you meet and greet the campers and the parents when they would drop their child off and when they would pick them up. We have a field trip day on Tuesdays and a pool day on Thursdays. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we would have craft time, organized game time, outside time to keep the campers entertained and to get campers to play with one another and develop some communication skills.
Pros
Great exercise and very active.
Great co-workers, fun at times.
Client Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 26, 2018
I do like what I do, there are good and bad days. The co-workers can make your job experience easier, management is very tough to work with. Lack of care and common sense.
Pros
Great co-workers
Great environment
INSTRUCTOR AID (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 31, 2018
Great environment to work in. Management team great. Great hours. Was able to work while kids were in school. Great staff to work with. Enjoyed working with the kids and the staff.
Great starter government job
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 25, 2018
Had my first job here and stayed for years and years because it is such a relaxed place and a very easy place to get scheduled full-time, half-time or seasonally depending on your needs.
Pros
Pay, scheduling, ease of transfer to other county jobs
Cons
A bit boring
Liked the job and my immediate coworker very much...
TEACHER AID FOR 2 and 3 year olds (Former Employee) –  Philomont, VAJuly 15, 2018
I liked my jobs at Loudoun County Parks and Rec. I worked in 5 different centers and found personnel very helpful and friendy.
Worked with kids all day teaching, guiding, playing, instructing and having fun with them.I learned many new art projects and the workplace culture was good. Hardest part of the job is the low pay and no benefits. Upper management was not hands on.
great place to work
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  VAJune 21, 2018
a good place to work. fun people. a chance to advance within the company. hours are steady. easy to get in contact with anyone. I've been working here for 3 years and I enjoy it
Pros
fun
Cons
work schedule can be crazy
Pretty Terrible Honestly
FACILITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  South Riding, VAJune 18, 2018
Working for Loudoun PRCS as a part-timer, especially at my position isn't a good time it's stressful, management is poor and the pay is not good for some of the stuff you have to deal with.
A crazy but good environment
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAMarch 3, 2018
I worked part time for the last four years and it was so much fun. Low pressure and a great environment to learn. I would recommend a friend to work there.
Great place to work if you understand how company operates.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 22, 2018
Good place to work if you know what the job entails. Need to know how company operates to do job effectively. People make the job better or worse depending on situation.
A great fun experience
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  South Riding, VAFebruary 20, 2018
Very good entry level job, which teaches many good skills that you can apply to future jobs. I really enjoyed myself in this job, and that why I go back to work it every summer
Great place to gain experience
CASA (County After School Activities) Aide (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 11, 2018
The provide the means to obtain certifications and possible advancement opportunities.

It is a great place to network and learn new ways to educate and interact people.
County Job
Parks and Recreation Maintenance Staff (Former Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAFebruary 8, 2018
This position was in the Parks department working on ball fields and maintaining the grounds. You are on a set schedule and typically have a few slow days mixed in with a couple busy days.
Overworked and Underpaid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 11, 2017
Loudoun has not provided raises in years so everyone is undercompensated. Management is very hands off and yet expects certain tasks to be completed. It is difficult to do your job when you aren't told the proper etiquette. There is a lot of "don't worry about that" followed by yelling "why didn't you do that." It is not a fun place to work.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership
It has it's pros and cons
CASA Leader (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 8, 2017
It's a great job if you want good pay for part time hours. However, as a county employee - much is expected from you for only a part time job, there are no benefits for part time employees, and management is lacking. Apply at your own risk.
It's alright
After School Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 29, 2017
It's pretty good. Most of the people who work for parks and rec are good people who care about what they do. Been there for two years now and the biggest complaint is probably that we are required to do tedious amounts of training.
Friendliest and Best Experience
Naturalist/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 8, 2017
I have been with the Parks and Rec department for over a year. I love the staff and how much I truly learn about wildlife to educate others. I always have a different experience with such a large amount of tasks. I go from a historian giving tours around Claude Moore Park to running Zombie Survival camps. There is so much to work towards and inspire others; truly a wonderful place.
Pros
Working with kids, hands on with wildlife
camp counselor
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 30, 2016
I was a camp counselor for kids from ages 5-15 when I was a high school senior. I would instruct kids on how to play different sports as well as play with the when the time came to do so
Production and fun workplace
FACILITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  South Riding, VAJuly 24, 2016
Working for parks and rec has been great and I enjoy each day at works. I have great coworkers along with an excellent management team!
Pros
flexible schedules
Nice job
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 25, 2016
Creative and active, community work. Enjoyed creating programs and working with the public. Good teamwork experiences. New programs being created to benefit youth.
Pros
Always busy