Loudoun County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Relaxing area
Substitute Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VA 20148February 8, 2019
A typical day at LCPS keeps you busy. There is a lot to learn in the LCPS system. The hardest part of the job for me working with the disability kids. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others staff members.
Pros
short lunch breaks
Cons
breaks
Ambiente de trabajo agradable
Mecanico 2 (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAFebruary 8, 2019
Trabajo estable, buen ambiente y buenos beneficios
Pros
Buen seguro medico
Cons
Cambios constantes de horarios de trabajo
Great students with a great team
Coach/Mentor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 20, 2019
I am fortunate to have such a well balanced classroom with students learning and growing along with a supportive and effective team. The hardest part can be the changes in schedule being last minute and having to always have a plan B. In addition, emotional outbursts (though very rare) can be challenging because each circumstance is different but we always pull through due to our strong work ethic and support of the special education department.

This position has been the most fulfilling of any job I have ever had. When you take part in the growth of an individual whether it be on an emotional level or a new skill there is no greater reward. My everyday mission is to help the student be as successful and confident when transitioning into the workforce and society.
Pros
Helping others, team environment, pro-active, great benefits, time off
Cons
Pay is too low to meet the cost of living, growth
Fun
Virginia (VA) (Current Employee) –  Virginia (VA)January 18, 2019
I have been with Loudoun County Public Schools for many years now. This company looks out for their employees. This company can give you growth and experience.
Lcps
Secretary II-11 Month (Former Employee) –  Keeper of the BooksJanuary 15, 2019
I was a Book-Keeper with LCPS for almost a decade and loved the school system. I worked at the Elementary level with in the Great Falls/Sterling cluster, which had tremendous parents, who actively supported LCPS.
Wonderful employer
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Loudoun County Public Schools is the cream of the crop. They pay their staff well and their benefits are much better than the surrounding counties. If I wasn't relocating I would be looking to advance within this county.
day on the job
Bus attendat (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, VADecember 27, 2018
the people are very welcoming and friendly,but you choose who who you talk to and what to say.
if your with special needs kids you have to really patient with them,you could have to work with a wheelchair kid which means your gunna have to secure the wheelchair to the bus which you will learn in training.
Lcps
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VADecember 3, 2018
The training was excellent, but the management is more interested in covering their A** that doing the right things. Typical government employees that have been there too long but haven't changed with the growth the County has had. The also promised things but didn't deliver.
Pros
Good rolling stock, great training
Cons
Management, Promises never delivered on.
Great people; poor support from administration
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 28, 2018
I work as a teaching assistant in the ID/Autism rooms in special education, and I absolutely love it. I have been truly lucky in that most of the people I've worked with have been fantastic, and the kids have been great! I want to do more than assist, though. I'm looking for more.
Pros
Great staff, great benefits
Cons
Low pay, not much support
Workplace environment varies a lot
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 17, 2018
It could be a lot better, given the caliber or staff and students. However, the controlling climate of management level staff makes it a very difficult place to work. There is a lot of discord among both the teaching staff and administrative staff which makes it a less than pleasant place to work.
Good Environment,
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 15, 2018
managers, supervisors and co-workers worked as a team and that make are jobs more efficient. many different cultures that make us the need to understand each others and understand everybody needs.
Excellent school in a beautiful community.
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 15, 2018
The students and staff of Loudoun County Public Schools are hardworking and dedicated. This is a large school district that offer established communities that range from suburbs to rural.
Pros
Teacher enhancement programs.
Cons
High cost of living
Positive environment.
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VANovember 13, 2018
Complete satisfaction working with students on achieving educational and social interaction skills. The most enjoyable part is being surrounded by children.
Substitute Teacher with Teaching Credentials
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 8, 2018
As a substitute teacher, a typical day requires the ability to think fast on your feet and connect immediately with strangers of every age level. The students were the most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
Flexible choice in working schedule
Cons
No benefits
Great to opportunity to serve the children and community
Educational Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 7, 2018
The children and teachers are a joy to work with on a daily basis. It's also great to have a teacher schedule and benefit from the breaks. There is a large shift happening in education and that is causing a lot of "trickle down" stress and confusion during this transition.
Started off great, but slowly decreased in professionalism and care of the kids
Teacher Assistant K-2, 3-5 Autism & K-1 Cross-Cat (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 24, 2018
the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the kids and building relationships with them. the hardest thing for me was having to leave them when i decided to leave LCPS altogether. the drama with the adults and the unprofessional ism with the admin team was unbearable and they weren't treating the kids who were "different" appropriately.
Great job poor pay as bus driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 22, 2018
Great job, wasn't able to survive off the bus driver income as a single mom of two. I loved the fact that my preschoole aged children were permitted to ride the school bus with me .They had wonderful benefits including FSA.
Intellectually stimulating environment to work in
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  South Riding, VAOctober 21, 2018
I am retired but looking to re-enter the job force. I am a substitute teacher and it gives me the flexibility to work or not. If you like to travel substituting is a great job to have because you set your schedule. However, the pay is low and there are no benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
overall summary
Health Clinic Specialist/ RN Substitute (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 15, 2018
Worked as a substitute RN in various schools for either elementary, middle school or high school. Each school had their own way of doing things and you had to adapt to each front office culture.
Teachers make poor administrators
TA (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 13, 2018
The AP in our school demeaned teachers and TAs and the principal never did anything about it. She never asked the teachers their opinions on our reviews and based them solely on the 15 minutes she spent observing us. I loved the teachers but the administration stunk.
Pros
Great that summers are off
Cons
Unsupportive administration