Loudoun County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Teacher Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Lansdowne, VAJuly 29, 2018
I rate it highly satisfactory because the admin has everything in place and everyone at work are productive. We know our responsibilities and we show respect to one another.
Pros
culture of professionalism
Cons
far from my home
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 19, 2018
In the public school I did my internship. The employees at the elementary school were friendly towards me. They made me feel welcomed and included for the time I was there.
Nice place to work
Virginia (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 6, 2018
I have learned how does LCPS works, the many ways they support/help students. Staff is cordial and kind. The most enjoyable part of being a part-time interpreter is to help people communicate in spite of the barrier language.
Pros
Place to learn all the time
Cons
part time staff does not have any benefit
Great place to work....
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 3, 2018
It is a great place to work and I loved working here for 4 plus years. The people were great and I was challenge to go forward in more ways than one. My supervisors are awesome.
A typical day at work.
Teacher Assistant Special Education (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 28, 2018
Worked providing instructional support, training, and personal assistance to teachers of students with multiple disabilities; by performing instructional duties, preparing classroom materials, supervising student behavior, learning and applying specific behavior management techniques, performing clerical duties, and providing assistance with personal hygiene and physical care as required.
Pros
meet and work with a great group of teachers
Cons
Higher pay
Great School Spirit
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 22, 2018
I love working where I work. I enjoy the people. The challenge is the demands put on elementary school teachers; the outside work load expected of teachers.
Pros
positive interactions
Cons
little planning and grading time
Flexible hours
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 18, 2018
This job is perfect for the family with small or school age children. You can bring your kids/grandkids with you on the bus to save on daycare. There is just not enough money to support a household.
Lcps
Teacher Assistan (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 22, 2018
The workplace environment at Loudoun County Public Schools is positive and interactive. Most teachers are fun to work with, and can easily become friends rather than just co-workers. The compensation for Teacher Assistants doesn't seem fair to most, but the benefits provided are definitely superb.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAMay 8, 2018
Could choose own classifications, grades and days to work.
Logged into Substitute website to find assignments.
Could work as many days as available according to your chosen classifications.
Unfortunately, not able to work during summer break.
Great co-workers
Head Custodian (Former Employee) –  South Riding, VAMay 7, 2018
Most of the management was wonderful. They were very easy going and easy to work with. The company has a very diverse group of employees which makes for a wonderful work environment.
Pros
Nice work enviornment
Cons
Long work hours
Good work experience until later years
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 1, 2018
Loudoun county schools was a great place to work for. They started cutting staff almost in half. This made working there more difficult. If the staff shortages would not have happened, I would probably still be there.
A neverending Great Leap Forward
Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 16, 2018
Remember back when Chairman Mao established the Great Leap Forward, where everyone in China would stop whatever they were doing and make steel? Sounds like a nice idea, until you realize no one was growing any food. That is what it has been like to work in Loudoun the last few years.

Every year, a great new program comes along, for example CLTs (look it up on an edufad web site, I'm sure there's info.) At my last school, meetings are more important than anything else, especially your planning time, so you just won't have any. You will be told that the meeting time is your planning time, and never be able to work in your room to, say, set up for a lab.

Meanwhile, the first 15 minutes of your meeting will be chitchat, and the rest will be an assortment of random tasks sent down by management, such as organizing students on to various lists according to how much help they need. Well. You'll never get an opportunity to help them--you'll be in a meeting.

Ten years ago, this place was so much better. Now? I'm running away before Chairman Mao comes up with the cultural revolution.
Pros
Some new buildings.
Cons
Inflexible, dogmatic management.
Can't really rate LCPS Overall
Cafeteria Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 8, 2018
I just work in the cafeteria helping the students with their lunches, collecting trash and cleaning up after lunch so I cannot really speak to the overall job culture of LCPS
Pros
Great when you have kids in the school
Good place to get exrienced
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 6, 2018
good place to get experience if you are thinking about working in a school setting. If you are in school and thinking about working in public school i recommend try subbing first.
Inclusive and rewarding career
Learning Specialist/English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 28, 2018
No one day is the same as the last. Every day presents new challenges and situations. Wonderful, supportive co-workers and supervisors. Lots of opportunities for training.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
pay
Drive a school bus
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 25, 2018
L.C.P.S. Was an excellent employer. I really enjoyed this job. Driving for Loudoun County was the Best job I have ever had. I would highly recommend LCPS as an employer to everyone.
Pros
Relaxed, good training.
Parent Liaison and Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 25, 2018
Great place to work. Guilford Elementary School Very hard wroking school. Teachers, Administration and Staff very dedicated.The staff goes above and beyond to make sure the kids are safe and learning.
good
Special Education Behavioral Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 19, 2018
Good school system to work for. I worked with Autism Behavioral students. Most enjoyable part of the job ways working with the children. Nice schools to work in with up to date technology.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
healthcare to expensive
a good experience
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAMarch 3, 2018
I worked in the afterschool programs and the parks and recreation division. Both fields are very unorganized, but quite a bit of fun. I would recommend working there.
Lovely People
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAFebruary 27, 2018
Very flexible! Per diem. Typical day depends on the location and the teacher you are subbing for, but great kids and faculty at most of the schools! Good Luck!