Loudoun County Public Schools
79Above average

Loudoun County Public Schools Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA107 reviews
The culture is one of shared community, inclusivity and an effort toward forward growth and improvement.
LCPS offers a supportive friendly environment in which any professional can grow and find both personal and professional contentment. The district is progressive yet traditional.
High School Teacher for LCPS
I thoroughly enjoy working with High School Students for LCPS. I feel valued and encouraged by the team I work with. This job gives me the opportunity to help teach the next generation of future adults!
Many opportunities for substitute teaching
Loved working for LCPS. It was always an upbeat working environment with a great deal of support provided by the teachers and staff. Each work day varied, as each classroom is different. Hardest part of the job is dealing with a child who might be having a bad day and is disrespectful, but this is rare. For the most part, the kids are great. Pros outweigh the cons.
Pros
Supportive work environment and a lot of flexibility.
Cons
Standing of feet all day, occasionally when a teaching plan isn't prepared by the teacher, you need to really be able to think on your feet and come up with a lesson plan for the day, so as to be able to occupy and hopefully teach the children for that day.
Flexible work days
Diverse community, inclusive of all students and faculty. Flexible work days. Hardest part of job is not knowing the plans prior to the start of your workday.
Was only an intern but did not learn much and the work was very tedious. Better than working at McDonald's but only because the pay was higher.
The internship with DDI is not good for garnering experience but rather only money, which is good but not in the long term. There is no promotion or changes in the work the interns do - just washing laptops - which does not teach the interns anything.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
A school system with continuous growth and room for advancement.
Loudoun county was an excellent school system. It offered many opportunities for personal growth as well as learning new skills and programs. I was an aide for special education students as well as a attendance secretary and registrar for all new students entering the school. The hardest part of my job was to complete the days work load with constant interruptions via phone calls as well as parents visiting the school and covering the clinic if the nurse was out. I really enjoyed working with the students. The progress the students made from the beginning of the year to the end was remarkable. It gave me satisfaction that I played a role in their growth. I enjoyed working with my coworkers which included teachers, cafeteria staff, custodial staff and administration.
Pros
Holidays and weekends off. Job stability. Interaction with staff and parents.
Cons
No lunch breaks, putting in long hours which were not compensated, very heavy workload.
It was a good experience to work with the students and staff.
Working with students is challenging but being patient will get your students to follow the rules and regulations of school, I did enjoy working with them and the management.
Wonderful first year
Developing curriculum, lessons, and activities that excite my students’ talents’ and passions’ proves infinitely rewarding. Although each day is not perfect, seeing the dedication and improvement from my students shows me how privileged I am to have such an honorable profession. Moreover, I relish the opportunity to integrate myself into the heart of a high school through clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities.
Productive workplace with lots of opportunities
A typical day at work consists of reviewing materials for meetings and preparing for presentations. Different cases required some learning about key terms and policies.
Productive place to work
Wonderful environment, well managed, great schedule, interaction with students and teachers. Great Administrators. Excellent benefits, growth .opportunity
Pros
Safe place, great environment
Challenging place to work
Great people with great intentions. Days can be unpredictable with lots of turn over, All in all a good place to work and opportunity to advance with education reimbursement.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
pay
Mostly good people.
Parents are a pain in the butt. Every student is enabled by their parents. It’s always the teachers fault. Good management, pay and benefits. Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Great teachers, bad administration
I worked for LCPS for almost 9/years. In that time, my pay increased only 3k. There is no possibility for advancement, administration never has the back of any staff members and the parents run the school district and their out control kids can do no wrong. Benefit costs consumed 40% of my paycheck. Thankfully I worked with the best teachers in the world!!!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No accountability for hugher ups and kids.
Great place!
Loudoun County Public Schools is a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed teaching there. The only reason I left was because teaching was no longer fun for me. Parents are ruining the teaching profession for teachers.
Demanding
Demanding attention to details required. The job is very important to the delivery safe effective and efficient transportation of over 50,000 student. Must be able to work through many obstacles to succeed.
Relaxing area
A typical day at LCPS keeps you busy. There is a lot to learn in the LCPS system. The hardest part of the job for me working with the disability kids. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others staff members.
Pros
short lunch breaks
Cons
breaks
Great working conditions
Great working conditions. The facilities are nice and the compensation is fair. There is not any tuition reimbursement so it is difficult to pursue additional education.
Pros
Free work-out space
Cons
Expensive area
Excellent school in a beautiful community.
The students and staff of Loudoun County Public Schools are hardworking and dedicated. This is a large school district that offer established communities that range from suburbs to rural.
Pros
Teacher enhancement programs.
Cons
High cost of living
Great to opportunity to serve the children and community
The children and teachers are a joy to work with on a daily basis. It's also great to have a teacher schedule and benefit from the breaks. There is a large shift happening in education and that is causing a lot of "trickle down" stress and confusion during this transition.
overall summary
Worked as a substitute RN in various schools for either elementary, middle school or high school. Each school had their own way of doing things and you had to adapt to each front office culture.
Flexible, fun job working with children
This job allows for flexibility and convenient hours when you have children in school. Fun atmosphere teaching children of all ages. No benefits and low pay but easy to fit into your schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule allowing you to work when you want to.
Cons
Pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loudoun County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight