Loudoun County Public Schools Employee Reviews

overall summary
Health Clinic Specialist/ RN Substitute (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 15, 2018
Worked as a substitute RN in various schools for either elementary, middle school or high school. Each school had their own way of doing things and you had to adapt to each front office culture.
Teachers make poor administrators
TA (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 13, 2018
The AP in our school demeaned teachers and TAs and the principal never did anything about it. She never asked the teachers their opinions on our reviews and based them solely on the 15 minutes she spent observing us. I loved the teachers but the administration stunk.
Pros
Great that summers are off
Cons
Unsupportive administration
No room to advnce
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 25, 2018
Salaries and benefits are great just no room for advancement. There are numerous people working at LCPS who are just waiting out their years to retire, which makes it impossible to move forward for years.
Bus Attendant contract
Special needs Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VA 20148September 23, 2018
I was a Bus Attendant for almost 5 yrs. Every year I was promised a permanent Bus to ride. And Every year I was disappointed. Loudoun contracted me for a 4 hr day. Which means I sat in a building in case a bus driver needed me from 6 to 8 am. And from 2 to 4 pm Monday thru Friday. The time in between I would take a walk or nap in my car. Because I couldn't drive home which was a hour away and then a hour back for the evening part of the contract. Basically that job is a waste of time. On the other hand when I did get to ride the bus it was very rewarding helping children and keeping them safe.
Pros
Work with special needs children
Cons
Wastes alot of time with no promises ever kept
MY experience
Assistant Track Coach (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VASeptember 19, 2018
I loved working for LCPS.
I was gong through a lot and had to leave. My immediate supervision for Dept of Spec Ed was wonderful, but the office workers (Asst Principals and Principals) were the ultimate worse.
Pros
students, teachers, parents
Cons
Some office workers
Student Volunteer
Student Volunteer Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 15, 2018
This was an excellent opportunity as a High School student to work with young children in an elementary school. I would have enjoyed becoming a teacher but I have not been able to go to college as of this date.
Pros
Excellent Opportunity
Cons
Short Term
Enjoyable job
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 6, 2018
The job as a bus driver is very enjoyable and fulfilling to most people. It can be a stressful job sometimes but with the right supervisor and co workers it can be laid back.
High School Learning Specialist
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 29, 2018
LCPS is a good school system to work for. It was hard leaving my co-workers because everyone was friendly and helpful. The faculty and staff sincerely care for their students.

One of the hardest things about the job was a lack of learning specialist staffing. Because our department was down by a few positions, I found it challenging to juggle my caseload duties and my other teaching assignments.
Excellent administration and staff
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 27, 2018
I worked as a long term substitute in a kindergarten classroom. The lead teacher that I worked with was excellent and we had a great working relationship. The staff cared greatly about their students and worked well together.
Pros
Great staff
Very innovative school district
Vice Principal (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 21, 2018
Loved the student choice through deeper learning blocks to meet the needs of all the students. Staff development was provided for all new teachers and administrators.
Great Community but Lacking Direction
Principal/Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 2, 2018
Great Community but Lacking Direction from district level leaders. Parents and students are extremely driven and educated. Anxiety is a major issue in Ashburn area though.
Workplace Culture
Teacher Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Lansdowne, VAJuly 29, 2018
I rate it highly satisfactory because the admin has everything in place and everyone at work are productive. We know our responsibilities and we show respect to one another.
Pros
culture of professionalism
Cons
far from my home
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 19, 2018
In the public school I did my internship. The employees at the elementary school were friendly towards me. They made me feel welcomed and included for the time I was there.
Nice place to work
Virginia (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 6, 2018
I have learned how does LCPS works, the many ways they support/help students. Staff is cordial and kind. The most enjoyable part of being a part-time interpreter is to help people communicate in spite of the barrier language.
Pros
Place to learn all the time
Cons
part time staff does not have any benefit
Great place to work....
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 3, 2018
It is a great place to work and I loved working here for 4 plus years. The people were great and I was challenge to go forward in more ways than one. My supervisors are awesome.
A typical day at work.
Teacher Assistant Special Education (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 28, 2018
Worked providing instructional support, training, and personal assistance to teachers of students with multiple disabilities; by performing instructional duties, preparing classroom materials, supervising student behavior, learning and applying specific behavior management techniques, performing clerical duties, and providing assistance with personal hygiene and physical care as required.
Pros
meet and work with a great group of teachers
Cons
Higher pay
Great School Spirit
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 22, 2018
I love working where I work. I enjoy the people. The challenge is the demands put on elementary school teachers; the outside work load expected of teachers.
Pros
positive interactions
Cons
little planning and grading time
Flexible hours
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 18, 2018
This job is perfect for the family with small or school age children. You can bring your kids/grandkids with you on the bus to save on daycare. There is just not enough money to support a household.
Lcps
Teacher Assistan (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 22, 2018
The workplace environment at Loudoun County Public Schools is positive and interactive. Most teachers are fun to work with, and can easily become friends rather than just co-workers. The compensation for Teacher Assistants doesn't seem fair to most, but the benefits provided are definitely superb.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAMay 8, 2018
Could choose own classifications, grades and days to work.
Logged into Substitute website to find assignments.
Could work as many days as available according to your chosen classifications.
Unfortunately, not able to work during summer break.