Loudoun County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Lcps
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VADecember 3, 2018
The training was excellent, but the management is more interested in covering their A** that doing the right things. Typical government employees that have been there too long but haven't changed with the growth the County has had. The also promised things but didn't deliver.
Pros
Good rolling stock, great training
Cons
Management, Promises never delivered on.
Great people; poor support from administration
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 28, 2018
I work as a teaching assistant in the ID/Autism rooms in special education, and I absolutely love it. I have been truly lucky in that most of the people I've worked with have been fantastic, and the kids have been great! I want to do more than assist, though. I'm looking for more.
Pros
Great staff, great benefits
Cons
Low pay, not much support
Workplace environment varies a lot
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 17, 2018
It could be a lot better, given the caliber or staff and students. However, the controlling climate of management level staff makes it a very difficult place to work. There is a lot of discord among both the teaching staff and administrative staff which makes it a less than pleasant place to work.
Good Environment,
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 15, 2018
managers, supervisors and co-workers worked as a team and that make are jobs more efficient. many different cultures that make us the need to understand each others and understand everybody needs.
Substitute Teacher with Teaching Credentials
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 8, 2018
As a substitute teacher, a typical day requires the ability to think fast on your feet and connect immediately with strangers of every age level. The students were the most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
Flexible choice in working schedule
Cons
No benefits
Great to opportunity to serve the children and community
Educational Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 7, 2018
The children and teachers are a joy to work with on a daily basis. It's also great to have a teacher schedule and benefit from the breaks. There is a large shift happening in education and that is causing a lot of "trickle down" stress and confusion during this transition.
Started off great, but slowly decreased in professionalism and care of the kids
Teacher Assistant K-2, 3-5 Autism & K-1 Cross-Cat (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 24, 2018
the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the kids and building relationships with them. the hardest thing for me was having to leave them when i decided to leave LCPS altogether. the drama with the adults and the unprofessional ism with the admin team was unbearable and they weren't treating the kids who were "different" appropriately.
Great job poor pay as bus driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 22, 2018
Great job, wasn't able to survive off the bus driver income as a single mom of two. I loved the fact that my preschoole aged children were permitted to ride the school bus with me .They had wonderful benefits including FSA.
Intellectually stimulating environment to work in
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  South Riding, VAOctober 21, 2018
I am retired but looking to re-enter the job force. I am a substitute teacher and it gives me the flexibility to work or not. If you like to travel substituting is a great job to have because you set your schedule. However, the pay is low and there are no benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
overall summary
Health Clinic Specialist/ RN Substitute (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 15, 2018
Worked as a substitute RN in various schools for either elementary, middle school or high school. Each school had their own way of doing things and you had to adapt to each front office culture.
Teachers make poor administrators
TA (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 13, 2018
The AP in our school demeaned teachers and TAs and the principal never did anything about it. She never asked the teachers their opinions on our reviews and based them solely on the 15 minutes she spent observing us. I loved the teachers but the administration stunk.
Pros
Great that summers are off
Cons
Unsupportive administration
Flexible, fun job working with children
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 12, 2018
This job allows for flexibility and convenient hours when you have children in school. Fun atmosphere teaching children of all ages. No benefits and low pay but easy to fit into your schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule allowing you to work when you want to.
Cons
Pay
No room to advnce
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 25, 2018
Salaries and benefits are great just no room for advancement. There are numerous people working at LCPS who are just waiting out their years to retire, which makes it impossible to move forward for years.
Bus Attendant contract
Special needs Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VA 20148September 23, 2018
I was a Bus Attendant for almost 5 yrs. Every year I was promised a permanent Bus to ride. And Every year I was disappointed. Loudoun contracted me for a 4 hr day. Which means I sat in a building in case a bus driver needed me from 6 to 8 am. And from 2 to 4 pm Monday thru Friday. The time in between I would take a walk or nap in my car. Because I couldn't drive home which was a hour away and then a hour back for the evening part of the contract. Basically that job is a waste of time. On the other hand when I did get to ride the bus it was very rewarding helping children and keeping them safe.
Pros
Work with special needs children
Cons
Wastes alot of time with no promises ever kept
MY experience
Assistant Track Coach (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VASeptember 19, 2018
I loved working for LCPS.
I was gong through a lot and had to leave. My immediate supervision for Dept of Spec Ed was wonderful, but the office workers (Asst Principals and Principals) were the ultimate worse.
Pros
students, teachers, parents
Cons
Some office workers
Student Volunteer
Student Volunteer Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 15, 2018
This was an excellent opportunity as a High School student to work with young children in an elementary school. I would have enjoyed becoming a teacher but I have not been able to go to college as of this date.
Pros
Excellent Opportunity
Cons
Short Term
Enjoyable job
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 6, 2018
The job as a bus driver is very enjoyable and fulfilling to most people. It can be a stressful job sometimes but with the right supervisor and co workers it can be laid back.
High School Learning Specialist
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 29, 2018
LCPS is a good school system to work for. It was hard leaving my co-workers because everyone was friendly and helpful. The faculty and staff sincerely care for their students.

One of the hardest things about the job was a lack of learning specialist staffing. Because our department was down by a few positions, I found it challenging to juggle my caseload duties and my other teaching assignments.
Excellent administration and staff
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 27, 2018
I worked as a long term substitute in a kindergarten classroom. The lead teacher that I worked with was excellent and we had a great working relationship. The staff cared greatly about their students and worked well together.
Pros
Great staff
Very innovative school district
Vice Principal (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 21, 2018
Loved the student choice through deeper learning blocks to meet the needs of all the students. Staff development was provided for all new teachers and administrators.