Loudoun County Public Schools

Loudoun County Public Schools Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
I have worked for LCPS now for 4 years as a Special Education Teacher Assistant. I have learned a lot both professionally and personally and am thankful for that. Throughout this experience you learn which teachers/staff members are truly there to help and who have a passion for what they do. Those are the ones that make a difference, and then you will find that there are ones who treat it as a high school gossip corner. Benefits are amazing however the pay is not. I am living paycheck to paycheck and am barely getting by. I have four reasons as to why I continue to work here- the benefits, they truly make a BIG difference and the students. I have worked hard to form great connections with the students for the past 4 years and have loved being able to witness them grow and see their potential. Location and the hours are a plus, being done at 3 is nice even though I never really leave on time.
Pros
Benefits, students, opportunity to grow, some colleagues that truly love what they do
Cons
Short lunch breaks, gossip, lack of support when needed
Great support from the districtGreat people to work withThe working environment varies from school to schoolHigh salary than other neighbor districts
Great job for a mom with good pay and benefits and summers off! Paid Holidays, sick, and personal days. You get paid for snow days and throughout the summer!
Pros
Schedule
I currently work for LCPS as a Substitute teacher, and I've loved working for them from the start. This job has allowed me to learn so much and to dive into my future career as an educator. The hours are phenomenal, the staff at every school is remarkable and the most enjoyable part of this job is working with students from all over the county and from all different backgrounds.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits, pay
LCPS offers a supportive friendly environment in which any professional can grow and find both personal and professional contentment. The district is progressive yet traditional.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I thoroughly enjoy working with High School Students for LCPS. I feel valued and encouraged by the team I work with. This job gives me the opportunity to help teach the next generation of future adults!
Loved working for LCPS. It was always an upbeat working environment with a great deal of support provided by the teachers and staff. Each work day varied, as each classroom is different. Hardest part of the job is dealing with a child who might be having a bad day and is disrespectful, but this is rare. For the most part, the kids are great. Pros outweigh the cons.
Pros
Supportive work environment and a lot of flexibility.
Cons
Standing of feet all day, occasionally when a teaching plan isn't prepared by the teacher, you need to really be able to think on your feet and come up with a lesson plan for the day, so as to be able to occupy and hopefully teach the children for that day.
Diverse community, inclusive of all students and faculty. Flexible work days. Hardest part of job is not knowing the plans prior to the start of your workday.
The internship with DDI is not good for garnering experience but rather only money, which is good but not in the long term. There is no promotion or changes in the work the interns do - just washing laptops - which does not teach the interns anything.
Loudoun county was an excellent school system. It offered many opportunities for personal growth as well as learning new skills and programs. I was an aide for special education students as well as a attendance secretary and registrar for all new students entering the school. The hardest part of my job was to complete the days work load with constant interruptions via phone calls as well as parents visiting the school and covering the clinic if the nurse was out. I really enjoyed working with the students. The progress the students made from the beginning of the year to the end was remarkable. It gave me satisfaction that I played a role in their growth. I enjoyed working with my coworkers which included teachers, cafeteria staff, custodial staff and administration.
Pros
Holidays and weekends off. Job stability. Interaction with staff and parents.
Cons
No lunch breaks, putting in long hours which were not compensated, very heavy workload.
Developing curriculum, lessons, and activities that excite my students’ talents’ and passions’ proves infinitely rewarding. Although each day is not perfect, seeing the dedication and improvement from my students shows me how privileged I am to have such an honorable profession. Moreover, I relish the opportunity to integrate myself into the heart of a high school through clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities.
A typical day at work consists of reviewing materials for meetings and preparing for presentations. Different cases required some learning about key terms and policies.
Wonderful environment, well managed, great schedule, interaction with students and teachers. Great Administrators. Excellent benefits, growth .opportunity
Pros
Safe place, great environment
Cons
Great people with great intentions. Days can be unpredictable with lots of turn over, All in all a good place to work and opportunity to advance with education reimbursement.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
pay
Parents are a pain in the butt. Every student is enabled by their parents. It’s always the teachers fault. Good management, pay and benefits. Enjoyed the people I worked with.
I worked for LCPS for almost 9/years. In that time, my pay increased only 3k. There is no possibility for advancement, administration never has the back of any staff members and the parents run the school district and their out control kids can do no wrong. Benefit costs consumed 40% of my paycheck. Thankfully I worked with the best teachers in the world!!!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No accountability for hugher ups and kids.
Loudoun County Public Schools is a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed teaching there. The only reason I left was because teaching was no longer fun for me. Parents are ruining the teaching profession for teachers.
Demanding attention to details required. The job is very important to the delivery safe effective and efficient transportation of over 50,000 student. Must be able to work through many obstacles to succeed.
A typical day at LCPS keeps you busy. There is a lot to learn in the LCPS system. The hardest part of the job for me working with the disability kids. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others staff members.
Pros
short lunch breaks
Cons
breaks
Great working conditions. The facilities are nice and the compensation is fair. There is not any tuition reimbursement so it is difficult to pursue additional education.
Pros
Free work-out space
Cons
Expensive area
The students and staff of Loudoun County Public Schools are hardworking and dedicated. This is a large school district that offer established communities that range from suburbs to rural.
Pros
Teacher enhancement programs.
Cons
High cost of living