Loudoun County School District

Working at Loudoun County School District: 5 Reviews

United States5 reviews

Good school district

LCPS is a good place to work. Salary is decent but could be better especially since the cost of living is high in Loudoun County. School culture matters, so your job satisfaction often goes hand in hand with how well your principal has or has not invested in building a thriving school community.

Nowhere to go

Caring staff, good schools and good environment. Will take anyone as a Principal/AP and no oversight for them whatsoever. If you happen to get a good principal you'll be fine I guess but good luck with that.

Good working environment

Working as a substitute for LCPS gave the the flexibility I needed at that time. It gave the opportunity to try various positions as both a teacher and office worker. I enjoyed the business of being in the front office and helping with students, parents, vendors and administrators. At times being the teacher substitute could be a challenge when the students would not cooperate and listen. This proved to be challenging to come up with various ways to engage the students in their learning.

Pros

Opportunity to see and interact with different people

Cons

Never worked with the same people, no continuity

Nice School District

I usually teach Mathematics in middle school. I have been a long term Algebra substitute. This position has been flexible at a time that I needed it. I work mostly for Farmwell Middle School in Ashburn VA The staff is very enjoyable to work with. Hardest part about this job is having students that will not listen and tune our to your training. But, rewarding when you can teach someone and help them understand. Although I like doing this position I am ready to take on another career.

Pros

Teaching others

Cons

Parents

On Call Part Time Substitute Teacher

Great for a part time on call job. Typically I get an assignment the day before and report 1/2 hour early to school. Usually the office staff is nice. Some schools not so nice or interested! The hardest part of the job is that any given day, you are probably not going to know anyone that you are working for, let alone the personalities in the class room. I try to make it fun no matter what! I like the kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loudoun County School District. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits