Loudoun Medical Group Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Very stressful with managers that make everything worse
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 30, 2018
You can really learn a lot if you have a very thick skin and don't mind being screamed at and treated disrespectfully by the manager. The doctors are very nice and many of the coworkers are wonderful people.

You get paid sick leave but you are never allow to actually use it. If you call out sick you get scheduled for an extra shift to make up for it. If the weather is bad and you have over a hundred hours of sick time they will still make you take a vacation day if you call out.

The HR department is totally useless and will not respond to emails or phone messages. Nobody wants to know if you have a problem.

And no matter how loyal and hard working you have been for many years they will find a way to screw you out of holiday pay when you turn in your notice.
Pros
Met some really great coworkers. Free lunches.
Cons
Evil managers. Poorly run office.
This place is a joke
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 21, 2018
Laughable no raise in two years of me working there and longer for some of the other folks. Urology is a joke and the three offices don't run with the same rules.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
IT Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 8, 2018
Good opportunities to grow your career. Interesting job culture. If you like having a 9-5 and fun co-workers, this is your place. The compensation is decent as well.
worst place ever
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 19, 2018
If you were not in the click you would be outcast and fired. If you have any type of family illness do not tell them. once i informed them two days later i was let go because as they say i was not a good fit
productive, learning environment
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansdowne, VAJanuary 1, 2018
I was able to grow at this job, I learned alot, from starting with scanning and data entry to answering and screening phone calls. Once I moved to surgical coordinating, I learned even more, making me want to expand into other career paths.
Cons
benefits very pricey
productive and fun place to work with great team members
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 14, 2017
easy going team members who are always willing to help. Never judge for asking questions when you don't know anything. Friendly staff in all other departments who are easily accessible .
Great People and Tons to Learn
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 20, 2017
LMG is a great place to work. I've had a few great mentors that have take me under their wing to teach me all that they know and there is so much to learn. If you ask good questions, people here are more than willing to answer and explain things to you. I've had a great experience here and look forward to continuing growing here. Everyone here works very hard.

There are a few challenges that come with working with a medical group that has independent practices, such as there is little uniformity between practices, and lack of communication becomes a problem at times. But a pro to those cons is that there is so much to learn, so you'll never be bored working here.
Worked as an Intern during spring and summer breaks while in college
INTERN (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 28, 2017
I worked at Loudoun Medical Group as an Intern during spring and summer breaks while in college. This was my first experience in working in a office setting. They were willing to teach me the things I did not know.
Pros
Flexible
No job security in this company even if you work very hard
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 28, 2017
I agree with comment below-----------------

There is absolutely no job security with this company. They will let you go with no warning!

Company sucks. Don't waste your time.
Great benefits and pay
Administrative office (Current Employee) –  leesburg, vaMay 15, 2017
Loudoun Medical Group is a face-paced growing organization that provides great opportunity for career growth. The benefit package is rich, offering employer paid life insurance, long-term disability and generous profit sharing contributions.

As a decentralized organization communication can be strained at times but the management team does a great job of bringing groups together to promote the enrichment of healthcare.
Pros
Great benefits, generous pay and benefits
A Solid Workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 15, 2017
A fine group of people working together toward common goals! Take some of these other reviews with a grain of salt. Be prepared to work hard, but be prepared to be left to do your work as long as you are actually doing your job.
Pros
Working hours, flexibility, compensation
Cons
High volumes & heavy workload
Stressful, no support from management, high turn over
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 9, 2017
Work day long and stressful
Training is not very organized
Management does not support
Very low morale
The hardest thing about the job is trying to manage all the work they give and always being short staffed
The most enjoyable is some of the people met along the way
Pros
Sick days, 401k
Cons
Pay, growth, turn over
Under paid and over worked
Billing (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 3, 2017
Be prepared to be under paid and over worked. It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, you're never going to be paid your worth. The more you're willing to show initiative and take on difficult tasks the more they will take advantage of you and never acknowledge your hard work even if that means you're efforts have caused them to keep money in their pockets. You can try to address your problems with upper management and even HR but don't waste your breath, your concerns fall on deaf ears.

There is so much drama you feel like you're back in high school. Please, do yourself a favor, walk away from this place. Wait, not walk, run far away.
Pros
401k, working hours
Cons
Management, providers, culture
Stressful
Billing (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 3, 2017
Our practice recently merged with LMG. The practice has a large turn around and the work environment is toxic to say the least. The CEO belittles employees in front of other staff. Instead of working hard to make positive changes, the practice wants to continue going backwards. Employee's integrity is questioned at every corner. Be wary.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Providers and work environment
Very High Turnover Rate
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, VAMarch 27, 2017
For such a large organization there is just to much brown nosing, gossip, pettiness going on. We are all adults who go to work in what we love to do.

Too much gossip with the female employees, why be envious of each other. I do not recommend working for LMG.

Also very high turnover rate. Most staff sometimes do not last 2 months. I'm luck I lasted 8 months.
Pros
great 401K
Cons
No job security
Busy
Treasury Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 22, 2017
Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Make sure you ask questions and get a clear understanding of everything that you are told or shown. Be very efficient in all that you do.
Terrible work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vascular associatesFebruary 23, 2017
I worked in the Reston location for only 6 months. The culture in the office is very negative which all starts with the Dr who is completely rude. The office manager doesn't manage at all and has no idea what is going on with her employees nor does she ever leave her office. I was never trained in any aspect of the job. Oh and if you're looking for any overtime....that will not happen! You will actually get written up if you are over 40 at all. It's ridiculous. The office itself is rundown and stuck in the 1970's. I honestly would never recommend patients or anyone looking for employment to this place. Good luck if you give it a try!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rude Dr, office manager, negative culture, no direction, very boring
Excellent place to work for
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 19, 2017
Work as a Client Services Representative, answer phone calls, add ons, call critical results, daily scanning of the requisitions, assist clients with testing procedures, test codes and specimen requirements
Be wary of whom you trust
Charge poster (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 3, 2016
I was hired in June and just quit last week. After 4 months of constant warnings about whom you trust and who to talk to I found this to be very true. In an office of 30+ women there is much gossiping and tattling. Very petty and unprofessional. Management is very iffy to say the least. One second they support you, the next they are threatning to terminate your employment. Ceo and other "higher ups" are very unfriendly and look down on you. Be careful who you trust.
Pros
Good benefits good location
Cons
Management is very iffy, you have to watch yourself at all times
Careful of Management
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAApril 15, 2016
I got hired back in Feb. 2015 and at first it was great but after 2 mths I seen their true colors. I was a Payment Poster who was suppose to be a a telephone person.

Why they were going to put me with phones when I had 5 years experience posting I'll never know and Glad I didn't have to find out.

The people are nice but management is another story so bad that I got caught in the middle of a feud and I left.

Bottom line, management is stuck in their ways and I'd watch the one with the boyish hair cut. She is not friendly and a pretender. She could use some anger management classes.

Rarely see the CEO and when you do see her she is friendly some days and cold on other days. She acts like you are beneath her. Full warning when working in the Payment Posting Department.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Management is not friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loudoun Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Loudoun Medical Group Reviews by Location