Loudoun Medical Group Management reviews

Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 11, 2018
They hire office managers that have zero education and they think they are God! They have no idea how to manage employees, but they know how to bully them. These managers have no one managing them, because the doctors don't want any part of that job. Therefore, they are stolen from; their employees are abused; the doctors are lied to; good employees are fired; and the cycle continues.
Pros
When I got another job.
Cons
When I wasted my life there.
Very stressful with managers that make everything worse
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 30, 2018
You can really learn a lot if you have a very thick skin and don't mind being screamed at and treated disrespectfully by the manager. The doctors are very nice and many of the coworkers are wonderful people.

You get paid sick leave but you are never allow to actually use it. If you call out sick you get scheduled for an extra shift to make up for it. If the weather is bad and you have over a hundred hours of sick time they will still make you take a vacation day if you call out.

The HR department is totally useless and will not respond to emails or phone messages. Nobody wants to know if you have a problem.

And no matter how loyal and hard working you have been for many years they will find a way to screw you out of holiday pay when you turn in your notice.
Pros
Met some really great coworkers. Free lunches.
Cons
Evil managers. Poorly run office.
This place is a joke
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 21, 2018
Laughable no raise in two years of me working there and longer for some of the other folks. Urology is a joke and the three offices don't run with the same rules.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
Great benefits and pay
Administrative office (Current Employee) –  leesburg, vaMay 15, 2017
Loudoun Medical Group is a face-paced growing organization that provides great opportunity for career growth. The benefit package is rich, offering employer paid life insurance, long-term disability and generous profit sharing contributions.

As a decentralized organization communication can be strained at times but the management team does a great job of bringing groups together to promote the enrichment of healthcare.
Pros
Great benefits, generous pay and benefits
A Solid Workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 15, 2017
A fine group of people working together toward common goals! Take some of these other reviews with a grain of salt. Be prepared to work hard, but be prepared to be left to do your work as long as you are actually doing your job.
Pros
Working hours, flexibility, compensation
Cons
High volumes & heavy workload
Stressful, no support from management, high turn over
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 9, 2017
Work day long and stressful
Training is not very organized
Management does not support
Very low morale
The hardest thing about the job is trying to manage all the work they give and always being short staffed
The most enjoyable is some of the people met along the way
Pros
Sick days, 401k
Cons
Pay, growth, turn over
Under paid and over worked
Billing (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 3, 2017
Be prepared to be under paid and over worked. It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, you're never going to be paid your worth. The more you're willing to show initiative and take on difficult tasks the more they will take advantage of you and never acknowledge your hard work even if that means you're efforts have caused them to keep money in their pockets. You can try to address your problems with upper management and even HR but don't waste your breath, your concerns fall on deaf ears.

There is so much drama you feel like you're back in high school. Please, do yourself a favor, walk away from this place. Wait, not walk, run far away.
Pros
401k, working hours
Cons
Management, providers, culture
Stressful
Billing (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 3, 2017
Our practice recently merged with LMG. The practice has a large turn around and the work environment is toxic to say the least. The CEO belittles employees in front of other staff. Instead of working hard to make positive changes, the practice wants to continue going backwards. Employee's integrity is questioned at every corner. Be wary.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Providers and work environment
Very High Turnover Rate
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, VAMarch 27, 2017
For such a large organization there is just to much brown nosing, gossip, pettiness going on. We are all adults who go to work in what we love to do.

Too much gossip with the female employees, why be envious of each other. I do not recommend working for LMG.

Also very high turnover rate. Most staff sometimes do not last 2 months. I'm luck I lasted 8 months.
Pros
great 401K
Cons
No job security
Terrible work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vascular associatesFebruary 23, 2017
I worked in the Reston location for only 6 months. The culture in the office is very negative which all starts with the Dr who is completely rude. The office manager doesn't manage at all and has no idea what is going on with her employees nor does she ever leave her office. I was never trained in any aspect of the job. Oh and if you're looking for any overtime....that will not happen! You will actually get written up if you are over 40 at all. It's ridiculous. The office itself is rundown and stuck in the 1970's. I honestly would never recommend patients or anyone looking for employment to this place. Good luck if you give it a try!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rude Dr, office manager, negative culture, no direction, very boring
Be wary of whom you trust
Charge poster (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 3, 2016
I was hired in June and just quit last week. After 4 months of constant warnings about whom you trust and who to talk to I found this to be very true. In an office of 30+ women there is much gossiping and tattling. Very petty and unprofessional. Management is very iffy to say the least. One second they support you, the next they are threatning to terminate your employment. Ceo and other "higher ups" are very unfriendly and look down on you. Be careful who you trust.
Pros
Good benefits good location
Cons
Management is very iffy, you have to watch yourself at all times
Minimum pay, No job security...
clinic administrator (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 3, 2015
You rarely see management- unless they are changing medical insurance and want you to sign up for it. I have worked with a few good people, whom I miss. The most enjoyable part of the job, really don't remember- their Holiday party is even a joke. The medical insurance changed 3 times before I ever got my first physical. There is absolutely no job security with this company. They will let you go with no warning! They offer 401k, but it is not matched.
Pros
Most employees that have been with the company over 6 yrs was not under Loudoun Medical Group
Cons
Management, Medical/Health plan
Must Be a YES Man
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VaAugust 25, 2015
Management talks out of both sides of their mouth. They want things run efficiently and more accurately, but if you make suggestions they are knocked down. In one breath they're very supportive and are willing to help you learn how they do things, and in the next they've left you alone to figure it out.

If someone asks a question, tell them what they want to hear, then pray you can follow through. Never be honest or you'll be considered disrespectful. They are set in their ways. Learn what they do and do it their way. It doesn't matter if you've been in the industry for years and know how to make simple changes that will help the work be more accurate. It doesn't matter if you know how to best manage your time. Do it their way anyway. If you don't, you won't be there long enough to prove yourself.
Pros
Good location. Decent pay.
Cons
Support is unbalanced. Medical coverage is expensive.
amazing practice
Lead Patient Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJuly 24, 2014
I have had the pleasure of working with this elite group for the last 2+ years and I have enjoyed every second of it. My coworkers and the management are all very sweet, considerate and supportive group of people I have ever met. I only hope to find an office that is like this when I move.
Great Practice
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJuly 24, 2014
I spent almost 3 years with this practice and enjoyed every minute of it, the staff and management were great!
busy work environment with many patients with many different requests
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAFebruary 2, 2013
In a typical day at work I would have many patients check in and out, enter new insurance information, write many referrals, as well as many other normal office tasks such as: faxing, copying, answering phones, documenting in patient charts. I learned many things about the medical field while working for a doctors office, a lot of medical terminology as well as writing referrals and using I-CD 9 for diagnoses. I also did some charge entry and used the computer for most insurance entries. I also help with prior authorizations for insurance companies as well as writing out some orders for x-rays and other procedures. For the office to run properly all coworkers had to work together making appointments, verifying insurance benefits, writing orders, and making sure the insurance was billed properly. The job can be difficult when patients come in sick or with sick children but knowing that they are going through a tough time and you may be able to help them get the help that they need makes everything worth it. The most enjoyable part is being able to see people get the help that they need for whatever cause and being able to see the smile on their faces.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
conflicting management
Quiet Work Environment
Medical Records Transistion (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 28, 2012
While employed I processed medical records from their hard copies to electric copies and filed the records accordingly. I learned quite a bit about filing and standard filing practices in the medical field. The management was very nice and provided spcific instructions on how the records needed to be filed. I did not work very closely with anyone. The hardest part of this job was learning medical jargon and proper understanding. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I set my own hours.
Pros
full control of work schedule
Cons
tedious work, no advancement, no stability, contract project