Louis Vuitton of LVMH

Working at Louis Vuitton of LVMH: 7 Reviews

United States7 reviews

Nice Company

This company is a really progressive company. It helped me to understand fashion a lot. Going in to work was exciting when there were new drops. Also, it was fun shopping for people with unlimited budgets. Learned a lot and would do it again if given the opportunity.

All drama, gossip, and negativity from coworkers, No support from management

I was told from current employees to "watch out" and be careful of certain cliques. I thought if I just minded my business, I would have nothing to worry about. Within 2 weeks I had started being mocked and had the most absurd fictional rumors circulating. Initially I ignored this gossip but it escalated to a point where it was gravely affecting the workplace . I tried to reach out to management who claimed their door was "always open". Even after MULTIPLE reports from other people and myself, management seemed annoyed and was not only unhelpful but made the situations immensely worse. I am not anywhere near the only person who dealt with this issue. Many of my coworkers left this company due to managements incompetence to stick to the Louis Vuitton standards of treating their employees fairly or showing any empathy for creating a positive, healthy work environment. When I first started, I thought management was great. They even went as far as to have individual meetings with people and wanted to talk about peoples personal life in case of emergencies or to discuss mental health for possible leaves of absence. Basically, they marketed this tactic as a way to be connected to their workers and so the managers would be "in the know". However, that was not the case. Anytime someone had an issue to discuss with managers, the personal and confidential discussions were used as a way to make this person seem "emotional" or having "outside conflict" and that was the only reason they were reacting to the unfair treatment from others the way that they were. When in reality anyone who is -

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

toxic work environment, unachievable goals for production, bad communication between management and employees, disorganization

Louis Vuitton of LVMH insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Good place to work but variety is lacking.

Good people, pay, support, benefits, environment, stability. If looking for the previous listed qualities it is a good place to work. But it is quality production so not for the lazy. However, not a very personally fulfilling job, so look elsewhere if that is high on your desires.

Pros

Stable company with good benefits and making sure you are taken care of.

Cons

Tend to get stuck in one area so may get bored quickly.

Production driven.

Production driven company. Only advancement ones gets is Management picks you and likes you. Want more always with the less people all the time. Supervisors are the ones held accountable but not the hourly people. Management hold grudges and retaliation is very common at LV.

Pros

Not really any pros.

Cons

Shorts breaks. no advancement or career path

The schedules are awful,

They have lost quite a few employees and will lose even more with the new schedules. The QAs are exclusive and petty. The TMs are rude and offer little assistance.

Pros

Discount and benefits

Cons

Schedule and micromanagement

Great fast paced environment

I loved my manager very hard working always on the sales floor to help us. It helps you groom yourself to be professional both at work and in the real world.

Pros

Discounts, employee sales, grooming allowance

Cons

No advancement and no more raises since the commissiom system was in placed

Excellent

Louis Vuitton has a very strong passion for teaching the history and the workmanship of their products. The expect very strong relationships with clientele. I was their VIP Ambassador in their New York City Flagship store. Excellent company culture!

Pros

Product and culture of emplyment

Cons

On time stock arriving time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louis Vuitton of LVMH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits