Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products)

Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unstable workplace
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Roaring River, NCJuly 11, 2018
It started out a good place to work and then management took away our sick days and personal days. I feel that everyone has to walk on eggshells in order to keep their job there! Management will not stand up for their employees no matter what!! Management curses employees whenever employees doesn’t something wrong!! Just not happy with our treatment there!! And management doesn’t care about family time or anything else that employees do after hours!! Can’t plan vacations or family events without approval of management
Pros
Co workers are awesome
Cons
No family time
Lots of perks
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2018
I traded a higher salary for a better work-life balance. They give you lots of tchotchke stuff & fun little things to do to increase moral & help network. Some departments are treated better than others & therefore paid better. "Support roles" are valued less.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
lower-than-average pay
Job Quality
UTILITES MAN (Former Employee) –  Roaring River, NCMay 6, 2018
LP was a good experience for me for an 18 year old out of high school. I meet a few great people and shared a few good laughs. Though it was very hot in there during the summer and at night. They worked you just about every day and would promise days off and then sometimes not get them.
Be careful who you trust
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALMarch 19, 2018
They all act like they’re your friend but anyone out there, ESPECIALLY management, will stab you in the back no matter how hard you work. If you’re going to work there, remember to keep to yourself, always stay busy and don’t trust ANYONE.
Pros
It’s a job.
Cons
Managers all the way from the top manager to shift supervisors. And Everything else.
Great People...Poor Leadership
n/a (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 13, 2018
Poor management has led to a work environment that is cut throat and unstable to say the least. Poor culture and atmosphere. Unfortunate because many good people that are talented work here. Wasted resources as more and more seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Job security and advancement
If you don't fit into their click you won't last
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Limerick, MEMarch 6, 2018
If they don't like you or you just don't fit in you won't last. Your position will be terminated as mine was. The office staff was very rude in helping to understand the day to day duties. Not a good a atmosphere.
great employer with family atmospher
Millwright 3 (Current Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoy L.P. , I like the challenge of using my mind on a daily basis, its fast paced and educated desicions must be made in a safe efficiant manner. The people are great
Great Money Saving Qpportunity
Senior Operator Lead & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Not a place to grow within but great place to work that offers great pay and benefits. The camaraderie is not what it should be due to self-keeping in thee management department.
fast paced and hot working enviroment
maintenance mechnic (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALFebruary 4, 2018
good place to work with plenty of overtime,very hot when working around press. can be stressful at times,must be willing to work out of JLG lift at high areas.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
having to work in press area while temp is very high
great
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2018
It is a great place to work, lots of flexibility and fun people. I really enjoyed working at LP. GREAT PAY AND PEOPLE ARE FRIENDLY. Management were good to employees.
Very good place to work if you don't speak your mind
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  New Limerick, MEDecember 26, 2017
LP is a great paying job, with extremely good benefits. The only downside to the company is if you speak your mind too often, do not expect to work there much longer.
Fast paced exciting work atmosphere.
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2017
Multi-Segmented business with true market potential. At times, segments become blurred by each other. Safety, quality, and dedication to service make this a staple of the leading builders & remodelers nationally.
Old Company with Resistance to Change but Restructuring
Sr. Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2017
Louisiana-Pacific corporate environment was a bitter sweet experience. The company is very generous in its pay and benefits, but struggles in creating a cohesive work environment. Many of the disciplines are silo'd and communication between departments and employee to management is strained at best.

Expectations of role responsibilities are not clearly established and performance plans and reviews are a second thought at best.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Poor Management Structure and Role Definitions
Unsafe/un-managed place to work
Utility ii flame block (Former Employee) –  Clarke County, ALSeptember 28, 2017
Terrible place to work. Was lied to about shift hours. Poorly managed, with buddy-buddy system. None of the equipment or process machinery worked. We worked 10-12 hour shifts with no break except a short lunch. I was shown how safe L.P. was in orientation, until I actually set foot in the area I worked. Wet floors, lung cancer causing particles floating in the air, and Lock-out/tag out was not taken very seriously. I left because i did not feel like losing a body part, or my life.
Cons
Unsafe, no break for 10-12 hour shifts, faulty machinery.
Good place to work and good experienced safe work crew.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CASeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work, typical mill work new equipment installs and maintenance when needed so some down time. It's a manufacturing company so supply and demand, demand is up lots of hours and OT when demand goes down some potential for extra time off.
Pros
rewards for safety ie shirts, lunches rewards for productivity etc.
Cons
health care cost and coverage could be better
pproduction
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed having time off with my family. Management was on a buddy buddy system. The hardest part of the job was not fitting in to the groups. The work was not hard. The pay was good.
Pros
pay
Cons
no promotion or benefits
Productive, safety oriented workplace with dedication to quality
Floater (Former Employee) –  Newberry, MIAugust 15, 2017
As an employee of LP Building Products, I felt that I was treated with respect by my co-workers and management. It was a truly fantastic place to work.
Fun
Utility hand cleanup (Former Employee) –  Urania, LAJuly 15, 2017
Was a pretty good place to work.I enjoyed getting up to go to work every morning.The people were joyful to work with.The hardest psrt of the job is when they said they were closing down
Great company to work for
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 15, 2017
The pay isn't the best but they have lots of perks and benefits. Healthy company to work for and always doing things to improve their employee's quality of life.
Over all good place to work
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXJune 14, 2017
Fairly laid back atmosphere, enjoyable work place. Certain jobs carry heavy responsibility, have to stay on top of things. Management could be a little more supportive and focus on issues that keep the operators from doing a more efficient job.
Pros
Relax atmosphere
Cons
Safety and environmental issues are a major concern, corrective action can be harsh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight