Louisiana State University Employee Reviews

Great company for women with families
Neurology Clinical Research Associate/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 10, 2018
I worked here for several years and loved every minute. It was flexible, fun and provided training for improvement and advancement on a regular basis.
Pros
felxible hours
Cons
pay was not very good.
it's great to work in LSU.
Associate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 8, 2018
The atmosphere and culture there are good. The living expense there is cheap, and the campus is beautiful and great for jogging, and the gym is very new and with almost all kinds of facilities.
Pros
People in LSU are nice.
Cons
The environment there is limited.
Good benefits
Research faculty (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 8, 2018
this was a research faculty position, non-tenure earning, with good benefits but limited opportunities to advance in your career as an independent scientist if you do not negotiate lab space and some start-up funds.
Excellent students and colleagues
Instructor, Info Systems & Decision Sciences (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 3, 2018
As an educational institution of higher learning Louisiana State Univeristy was a great place to work and learn. Students were excellent, so were colleagues
Unskilled Management
PMO Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 29, 2018
Dysfunction beyond imagination, manager don’t have a clue and/or experience on running the office, but wise enough to continue hiring people that make them look like they know what they are doing. Unless you are one of the many crony or nepotism hires, you will likely be miserable.
Cons
poor management
Great job opportunity for student worker
Research Assistant - GIS Manager and GIS Developer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 26, 2018
I was employed by multiple department from LSU. It provided a great working environment for a student worker. However, the payment might not be as good as other universities.
Great
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 24, 2018
its a great palce to work at ive learn alot when i was there i learn how to deal with people help people and work hard under stressful siutations it was a very good job
Pros
Great job
A typical day at work
IT Technician & Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 23, 2018
A typical day at work is a spontaneous day at work. You have to move with the grove. Remember to respect those around you. And listen when you help customers.
Geaux Tigers!
Tiger Bridge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 23, 2018
A typical work day consisted of working with students to provide them with resources and guidance, collaborating with staff to ensure a smooth delivery of services to students, and providing feedback to the upper administration regarding the future direction of programming and services offered by the department.
Pros
Collaborative work environment.
Cons
Adequate timing for assessment before change takes in the organization.
Not a good job. I knew everything when I started.
Golf Course Superintendent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 14, 2018
Management was terrible. You can tell they are on 10 year with the university. I had to hold a lot of responsibilities which were the superintendents which showed poor management.
Planning ahead for a new beginning
Administrative Coordinator 2 (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 5, 2018
At first, I was intrigued on how technology take effect with parking procedures among administrative standards, but I prefer a different approach to enhance my clerical skills a little bit longer than being unprepared and bored with parking attributes that doesn't have a problem-solving method through a complex situation with LSU staff.
LSU is a nice place to work at
Louisiana (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 28, 2018
LSU is a nice place to work at, but you have to motivate yourself. People here are easy and relaxed. Pace is very slow. Keep pushing yourself and you will success.
Good Job
Administrative Coordinator 2 (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 24, 2018
This job was a great learning experience but I basically just considered it a "pay check". The benefits were great but I was not compensated enough for my required job duties.
Interesting place for a job and student life
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 21, 2018
Baton rouge is a nice place to live and work - in some specific places - like the Garden District. LSU is fun place to be sometimes and Geology and Geophysics Dept. is work checking into for Grad work
Bad hours
Call Center Employee (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 21, 2018
First of all it’s a pretty easy job. You call people and conduct surveys. Management is very nice and if you have a computer issue they are quick to fix it. The reason I did not stay with them was the hours they had available to work. They don’t open till 5PM and everyone knows how horrible 5:00 traffic in Baton Rouge is. Management should really consider opening during the day and evening to provide employees better flexible hours. Unless you live close to LSU it’s not worth fighting 5PM traffic for the pay.
Pros
Nice management, easy job
Cons
Only night hours available on weekdays
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2018
I definitely recommend this as a first job everyone is so nice very friendly environment. The pay was awesome 10 dollars a hour and you were able to meet new people
Cons
Seasonal
A learning experience
Legal assistant free legal aid (Former Employee) –  New Orleans Public LibrarySeptember 17, 2018
The experience of helping others taught me how important it is to help myself.Above all I learned that charity is a luxury I cannot afford and also to respect my standards of life and protect my own assets.
Fast paced
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 17, 2018
LSUHSC is a great place to get you career in the medical field started. The fast paced working environment will keep you busy and on your toes. You will never have a dull day.
Poor HR and Poor Leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2018
It is no wonder auditors are looking to outsource departments. Employees are allowed to miss work with no questioning of their behaviors. If my love for Louisiana wasn't so great, I would say even more.
Cons
Human Resources is not neutral
Productive and fun workplace
Recruiting Staff/ Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2018
There was nothing hard about the job. It was a great job and learning experience. I loved everything about the job and the people I worked with. Another great part of the job was there were a lot of networking opportunities.