Louisiana State University Employee Reviews

A learning experience
Legal assistant free legal aid (Former Employee) –  New Orleans Public LibrarySeptember 17, 2018
The experience of helping others taught me how important it is to help myself.Above all I learned that charity is a luxury I cannot afford and also to respect my standards of life and protect my own assets.
Poor HR and Poor Leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2018
It is no wonder auditors are looking to outsource departments. Employees are allowed to miss work with no questioning of their behaviors. If my love for Louisiana wasn't so great, I would say even more.
Cons
Human Resources is not neutral
Productive and fun workplace
Recruiting Staff/ Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2018
There was nothing hard about the job. It was a great job and learning experience. I loved everything about the job and the people I worked with. Another great part of the job was there were a lot of networking opportunities.
resident
New Orleans Adult Psychiatry Residency (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 1, 2018
Great staff and coresidents from all walks of life. Saw very acute patients so always felt prepared to tackle any type of patient that could come my way.
Great school.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 31, 2018
I was a grad assistant. I played a musical instrument and taught some students. I very much enjoyed my time, getting to work with great faculty and a fun school.
The people are very nice
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 28, 2018
The job itself is not difficult at all, but the hours are unpredictable. If you are the type of person that requires a good night’s sleep everyday I would not recommend.
laid back
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 17, 2018
Dealing with the Juvenile corrections program that Louisiana State University was the Medical Director of was a challenge. The medical and dental parts of the job was stressful but tolerable.
ambiente multicultural
Assistant Research (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 11, 2018
excelente ambiente, se conoce personas de todos lados, se aprende de métodos científicos de investigación, la mejor universidad!
Cons
no hay
Energetic and fast paced
Provide Clerical (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 8, 2018
Provide Clerical support for the Dean of The College of Art & Design and 8 members of his support staff.
Duties includes directing visitors to appropriate persons, answering multi-line telephones, processing payroll, scheduling appointments, assisting students, faculty and staff with scheduling request, reserving rooms, and submitting work order request for building safety.(Building Coordinator duties). I also assisted academic counselors with scheduling duties in addition to maintaining student files. Lastly, I am the immediate supervisor of student employees assigned to the Dean’s office. (Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher used daily)
Cool Desk Job
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 2, 2018
I worked for LSU Housing as a front desk assistant my junior year of college. As a student we were only allowed to work 20 hours per week but I loved being able to study while working!
Great place to learn and obtain experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 26, 2018
LSU was a wonderful opportunity to learn while obtain experience. It's a fast pace environment but serves to motivate students. The hardest part of the job was the politics.
Ambiente de trabajo cómodo y libertad para estudiar durante el trabajo
Monitora de salas de computación (Former Employee) –  East Baton Rouge Parish, LAJuly 25, 2018
Un día típico de trabajo: se hace apertura del salón de computación y se encienden las computadores; se asegura que las impresoras tengan papel. Se toma posición en su estación de trabajo y se encuentra preparado para asistir a los usuarios del salón. En promedio se antienden a unas seis personas por hora. Teníamos libertad de hacer tareas y estudiar cuando no teníamos que asistir a usuarios.

Conocimientos adquiridos: servicio al cliente; tecnicidad en uso de computadoras y de impresoras; manejo de situaciones de alto estrés y situaciones de riesgo a la seguridad.

Cultura laboral: siempre hubo respeto mutuo entre colegas; el administrador siempre estuvo al tanto de los monitores y de forma respetuosa nos instruía cuando necesitábamos asistencia.

La parte más difícil del trabajo: A veces era difícil la comunicación con los usuarios por cuestiones de idioma. Sin embargo, al modificar el vocabulario utilizado y modificar la forma de expresarse, se lograba superar la barrera de los idiomas.

Lo que más me gustó del trabajo: Darme cuenta de mis habilidades para resolver problemas y ver que los usuarios estaban satisfechos por el servicio.
Long Hours Hard work Little pay
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 22, 2018
Long hours and hard work for little pay BUT LSU provides a great learning experience. Take advantage of conferences and meetings to network and you will be well established in the academic community.
Great Education
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2018
This school provided me with the ability to excel in my career. The university life is great for a state institution and has many great perks for in-state students.
Provided an excellent education
MBA student/graduate. (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2018
Excellent institution.

World class educators.

Challenging and rewarding curriculum.

Inexpensive.

Globally recognized.

I attended school here but did not work here.
I love my coworkers and I love my boss
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2018
Excellent place to work. Not stressful and everyone communicates. There are advancement options and the people actually want you to succeed at the UREC facility. Also a great addition to being in school. Hours are flexible for the students.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
Customer service representative III (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2018
Worked at LSU for 8.5 and loved it. Only drawback was the hourly pay. Benefits were great and wish I had stayed for the long term. Could be retired now. Employees were great to work with and was like a big family. I was cross trained in two different offices which were totally different mind set. There was a lot of public contact being a University which made it a fun place to work. Very upbeat. Was proud to say I worked at LSU. Exciting to be in the midst of all the football rallies, baseball games and basketball. Always something interesting at the University. Offered free education classes to employees.
No wonder the state is broke
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 12, 2018
Literally Hades on earth. Levels of dysfunction beyond imagination. Unless you are one of the many crony or nepotism hires, you will likely be miserable. I had the misfortune of working for a very bitter person who was angry at the world due to their lonely and unhappy personal life. A former fast-food manager, the individual I had the misfortune of reporting to somehow obtained a technical managerial role. I was warned in the first week by 2 upper level managers that my predecessors were chased from the position by this "Manager", and they only found peace and some semblance of normalcy by transferring to other departments. I was often approached by near strangers who offered their condolences for what they knew I was surely going through, and they shared shocking anecdotes of this person's behavior that would boggle the sane mind.
The staggering levels of waste and irresponsible spending should be investigated by legislative auditors. The ratio of management to worker bee was likely 2/3, with many do-nothings with bloated salaries taking 2-4 hour lunches daily. If you are interested in trying out for an episode of Hoarders, they are having casting calls on the 7th and 8th floors of their "Resource Building", the hub of dysfunction and waste. Steer clear at all costs. You have been warned.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Too many to list
Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 10, 2018
Louisiana State University Medical Center focused on the care of patients. Most patients were indigent. Variety of work area. Fair salary. Good benefits. I enjoyed the opportunity to help people in a time of need.
Lsu
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2018
This was one of the only jobs that I really wanted to stay at but due to the Louisiana State budget, they were unable to keep the new employees that were hired