Louisiana State University
76Above average

Louisiana State University Employee Reviews

United States674 reviews
Welcoming place that cares about its employees
A typical day at work consisted of me checking residents keys in and out and providing residents with information they needed. While I worked as a desk assistant in my hall at Louisiana State University I learned how to service people better and responded to emergency situations with ease. Management was great there, really understanding. Overall, working there was a great experience.
Productive and convenient, essential getting paid to be student
Being a DA is one of the most simplistic and convenient jobs a college student can ask for. Very simple ,not advanced, and a great environment. Depending on where you work you may see little to work, every now and then you may have to check out a key card or fill in a work order but other than that shifts are quick and easy. There are days when you could even pass time chiling and watching netflix.
no purpose
don't care to mention. either student or part-time
work so we don't mention unimportant details. just minimum number of characters when they don;t apply.
The people are the best.
I love teaching there. Every moment with students is refreshing and challenging. They feel like family after a while. Also, the collegiality among colleagues is supportive.
great work
Great place to work , lovely staffsGreat place to work , lovely staffs
Great good locationt , lovely environment

I would work there again if i needed to , lovely staffs
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
friendly environment and staff
As a student worker I assisted with the day to day tasks of architects, engineers, and interior designers. These responsibilities included: running errands, taking measurements, reading blueprints, answering phone calls, creating folders, and making copies. The people that work there are very friendly and willing to help you succeed. I loved working at PDC and will miss it very much.
Fun workplace
graduate school is tough and exhausting but the friendly staff and fun environment of LSU-DOCS program made it manageable and easy. I highly recommend considering this as a choice if you are looking to pursue a higher education degree in oceanography or coastal sciences.
Overall Good University
LSU is a great university to attend. I have had numerous opportunities for educational help, extracurricular help, and help for job searches throughout my time at LSU.
The idea is good but the execution is flawed..
You can make a difference and help students and staff be able to accomplish their missions. BUT there anre many people that have been there years and are stuck in their ways. Once permanent civil service is achieved, it takes an act of congress to get rid of a low life. If you aren't classified, you don't get pay raises.
Pros
Discount at food court. Uniforms.
Cons
Short breaks. Micromanaging. Politics.
This was an opportunity that taught me much and showed me what I wanted to do with my life.
As a student, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. However, working in a laboratory as a student worker showed me that I wanted to work in a laboratory setting for the rest of my life, leading me onto a path I hadn't even known existed. My coworkers were all very kind and no one looked down on me for being an undergraduate, and I was trusted with many tasks that I honestly couldn't believe they might entrust a student with. The professors who headed my lab were normally not present, and one of the two was not very personable, but it never caused me any issue. My pay was extremely low, but that was because I was a student worker. I have no knowledge of what the pay would be for the graduate students (if any) or the professors and laboratory assistants.
no trajectory for career growth, low pay, not women in leadership friendly
low salaries, not competitive, no remote work options, no work/life balance, does not appreciate women as leaders, no trajectory for career growth, management is not transparent or accountable.
It was a great experience calling LSU alumni.
I would most likely not work at this company again. It was a great time and I made a lot of friends throughout the workday, but this job became very repetitive. There is about a 90% rejection rate in trying to convince people to donate. This job taught me how to take no and form that into a yes!
The research position was very helpful.
I was enlisted as an undergraduate research assistant working with a group of PhD students in the Mathematics department at LSU. I was in charge of implementing mathematical concepts into functional code and organizing the structure of the application we built.
Ended up having to cover a lot of classes
Minimal support. I ended up teaching almost all 3D courses from beginners to advance. Was hoping to do more advanced research related to VR/AR but did not receive a lot of support.
Fun entertaining place to work
The doctor in charge is very nice. The job is very easy and laid back. Very few people come to the pool, so you get to swim laps and exercise while no one is there.
Collegiate Campus Culture at its finest
Like most higher learning institutions, inequitable pay for women & minorities does exist. MOST departments are very family-oriented and that is great if you have small kids. This company does offer tuition reimbursement and in the near future will roll out online degree programs. If given a choice, classified positions are more stable than unclassified. Professional Development is promoted as well as continued education. The benefits are great (IVF was covered under one policy about 6 years ago most insurances don't cover this). Retirement programs are stable. "DROP" is a great program. The hardest part of the job is learning different management styles over the multiple auxiliaries.
Very Innovative
LSUMC was a great place to work and learn from the best Medical and Critical Care Doctors. I worked there for about 10 years and always felt challenged.
Not very diverse
Employees are held to different standards. Management offers different job opportunities to employees. Student’s opinion are held to a higher standard than the professor.
Poorly managed
Managers over worked employees. The hourly pay was not worth the work! Managers with held supplies from employees, forcing employees to work harder than we should’ve.
Campus is beautiful
Beautiful campus, however, it is difficult to excel within the university. Students are great however there is no support for professional development and there is no administrative support.
It's a university steeped in Louisiana culture
I was fortunate to work for a great professor and with great coworkers. LSU gives lots of opportunities to students who would otherwise not be able to attend graduate school.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louisiana State University. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight