Louisville Bedding Company Employee Reviews

Unorganized management and stressful work environment
Forklift Operator/shipping lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2018
Wasn’t a bad place. Management could use improvement and it was very dusty. The breakroom did have a ping pong table and vending machines. They like to start new employees out hire then their shipping leads by a few dollars more an hour.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Extremely dusty
Great crew members. Unprofessional management
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2017
I worked with a great team while I was there. Older employees didn't receive any bonuses for staying with the company while new employees received sign on bonuses. Raises were minimum and not often. Safety is not a concern. Poor management. Huge lack of communication. And zero room for career growth or advancement.
Pros
Free T-shirt every 100 days that were accident free.
Cons
Zero room for advancement
Fair Company to Work For
Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2017
It was a good company to work for. Supervisor was fair. The salary was reasonable. Long term the company was not a good fit for me. I was looking for a larger company
Pros
401 k/ Vacation
Cons
Company Size
No longer in business
Reciving, Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Munfordville, KYAugust 7, 2017
Great place to start out and gave me lots of opportunities to move ahead. also they encouraged everyone to use the reimbursement program to improve their education.
Pros
Great learning experiance
Cons
No longer in bussiness
terrible place to work
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMay 19, 2017
the place is full of dust thats hazardous to your health. the management does not know what it is doing. they are quick to stab you in the back if given the opportunity
good place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 23, 2016
the environment is hot all the time, it's a commission based job, not a heavy job but you have to be fast to earn some good pay.
High turnover, low moral, worse pay
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 21, 2016
Never have the tools you need, no one to count on when needed. Learned that there is no training. Management is absent, disfunctional, and there is no leadership. Co-workers are fine. Hardest part of the job is no leaders. Most enjoyable part is clocking out.
Pros
Night shift
Cons
No leaders
Needs Leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2016
Needs leadership and management team. Heavy turnover. Poor wages, rare raises. Absentee management, no involvement where it's needed, office employee's treat production employee's poorly.
Pros
Good production employees
Cons
No leadership, poor wages, no training
Outstanding work environment.
Shipping Clerk / Bonding department Card Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 5, 2016
Louisville Bedding provides an outstanding work environment with a focus on maximum productivity and employee morale.They believe in taking care of their employees.
Good Management
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2015
Louisville Bedding is an excellent place to work there are good managers and they care not only about your work but about your personal experiences within the company
Tv in the breakroom and laid back
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYJanuary 19, 2015
I learned a lot from the older maintenance man, It was the best type hands on experience. The job was laid back most of the time sometimes stressful when something major breaks down.
Pros
More experience
Great oppertunities for advancements
Bathead Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 26, 2013
Fast paced job with reasonable amount of down time between production. I've learned the process and how much effort it goes into making a good mattress. The management was great. Reasonable, reliable, and understanding. I got along with all my co-workers great, they're really nice people. Hardest part about the job was trash disposal and the most enjoyable part of the job was how friendly my co-workers were.
Pros
Reasonably time breaks
Cons
Distance from residence
Shipping/Receiving/Fork-lift driver, machine operator
Shipping and Receiving/Fork-lift driver (Former Employee) –  Munfordville, KYAugust 26, 2013
I started out as a janitor, I cleaned the work areas and was then moved to machine operator and shipping/receiving. I loaded and unloaded trucks using a fork-lift.
Not well managed.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville KyAugust 22, 2013
If you are hired to work in shipping be prepared to work tons and tons of overtime. (if that is your thing then you will love it) sometimes 12-16 hour days. too many trucks to load and not enough workers. company in my opinion is mismanaged. Louisville Bedding used to be a great place to work but they sold off 60% of their company and now they just have one customer. I did not find anything enjoyable about working at LB and since they have a very high turnover rate it seems that that is the same way other feel. they do have a super nice supervisor and a few other nice management employees
Pros
I didn't find any
Cons
Too many hours mismanagement
Great Place To Work
Feeder (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2013
Company Has Recently Relocated To Phoenix, AZ From California. Originally From KY.
Pros
Provides Excellent Training. Management Easy To Talk To
Cons
Not Air Conditioned-- But, Don't Know Of Many Warehouse Jobs That Are
Productive.
Prep Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 22, 2013
Working a this company was very helpful because I learned a lot.
Pros
Free lonchs
Cons
Healthcare
The company is selling off 60% of its assets of basic bedding
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 17, 2013
I have learned a lot in the time I worked here.
I have become proficient in graphic design programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
My department head was awesome to work for. It was a team effort to accomplish presentations. I worked with some great people who I will miss. The hardest part of my job is the constant changing of priorities of what is due when.
Pros
Creatively Challenging
Cons
Benefits have dwindled over the years
it was a nice place with nice people.
Worker. (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2012
The place was great and had good people, it was just that the job was too hard.
Pros
good people and benefits.
Cons
the job was very hard.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2012
I worked at Louisville Bedding in the early 90's, I started a a packer and my hard work was quickly rewarded as I was cross trained on several other jobs, the management seemed to appreciate the good workers and I was compensated for my efforts.. I would highly recommend working for them, I was forced to resign because I moved across country back then..
Pros
everything.. great place to work
Cons
nothing at all..
Challenging & Exciting Place To Work
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville , KYJanuary 24, 2012
Outstanding company to work for with a rich history that speaks for itself. Since 1889, Louisville Bedding Company has grown and expanded to more than one million square feet of manufacturing space worldwide. Eight manufacturing and distribution centers across the U.S., Canada and China. Holds a strong presence for a National and International source of quality home textiles which include: mattress pads and mattress protectors, fiberbeds, featherbeds, latex foam, polyurethane foam, comforters, sheets, and bed pillows.Louisville Bedding Company has grown to be the World’s largest producer of mattress pads.
Pros
esop company, 401k, full benefits, great management, local company grown to be international company
Cons
can not think of any