Louisville Water Company Employee Reviews

Bad
Customer Service I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 11, 2019
Bad people skills, TL's are lazy and rude if you go to Club Ceader you are in , they have favoritism, poor communication skills, LAZY LAZY LAZY , TL's taks a long time to get back with employees
Pros
Cons
Not a good place
Louisville water company
Aerotek Temp - Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 15, 2018
Terrible place to work! The management, leads and all other higher ups have a clique and show a lot of favoritism. If you are working through a temp to hire service your time as a temp you will always be treated like a third class citizen. Training was terrible, there was a three week training time. In which, the trainer was barely there so you don’t learn much considering the fact that everything you were supposed to learn in three weeeks will be crammed into four days on the last week. Then you will be put onto the floor to take calls. You have some people who will help you with no problem. They are not management, asking management or sups for assistance is like a sin there they except you to know everything they do! Under no circumstances, no matter how many times a customer ask to speak with a supervisor will they take a call. A supervisor could be standing right next to you and a customer could be irate about anything under the sun in that case your job is to lie lie lie and tell the customer there are no sups around and then you prepare to get cursed up and down by the customer.
Louisville the company was a great place to work
Out in the field CSR (Former Employee) –  Almond AvenueOctober 12, 2018
I learned a lot at Louisville Water Company and was able to raise a family and retire from there I recommend it for anybody that's looking for a great job
Great Opportunity
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2018
I was able to learn a lot about the water filtration process while working at the Crescent Hill Filtration Plant. It was amazing to see the water filtration process from start to finish.
Horrible place to work
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2018
Hands down the worst call center in Louisville. Little to no profesionalism, toxic and cut throat culture, training is below par with unclear processes and procedures. Lacks proper references and tools to successfully do the job. Lacks technology. Doesnt empower employees to assist customers. Makes customers jump through hoops. It's a monopoly and ran like one.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Toxic culture
Ok job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 3, 2018
Ok company to work for, no room for advancement in the department I was in. Talked with customers regarding their delinquent accounts and set up payment plans
I enjoyed it.
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2018
It was a decent place to work, I had several friends that made it nice to be there. I enjoyed the actual job itself. The only part of the job I did not enjoy was having to tell someone that their water was going to be turned off.
Great company to work for
Delinquent Accounts/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 11, 2018
While I was a temporary employee for LWC my time spent there was great. After proving my self-worth to the company I was given more responsibility, even moved to a different department for relief. One hour lunches most days. Very relaxed and everyone is very friendly. My one complaint with LWC is that their HR department is very old-fashioned. They will not consider you for a position of you do not meet their strict requirements and can be very difficult to negotiate with and get a hold of. They seem to be unwilling to revamp certain policies The main reason for leaving them was because I couldn't reach my full potential and felt stuck in my current role.
Complete mess
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2018
The atmosphere is one of the worst I have ever seen. There is no teamwork or customer service and coworkers are rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. Training and floor walkers are a joke. Seems we are trained to give the customer the run around in hopes they will just give up and pay their bill.

Management was good for a short period until the manager and supervisors all quit last year. Turnover is very high and current management doesn’t really care about anything but themselves.

Customers are angry and you get cussed out all day because they waited on hold for up to an hour some days. Wrong information is given to customers because of the terrible training so you spend a lot of time trying to fix others mistakes and then get yelled at by management for not having great stats. Little to no advancement opportunities are possible. I can't wait to to get of out this place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional environment, management, training, coworkers
The worse organization I've ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2017
By far the most unorganized, ghetto, organization I have worked. They do not treat their temp employees good at all. The training is definitely inadequate, leaving the new employees nervous to step foot on the floor. The director is very rude and shows favoritism. Within the short time I was there, I witnessed more than 6 people resign within two b months. The turnover rate is extremely high The only great thing i can say about working at the water company was the customer service appreciation week in which they have the employees a token of appreciation each day during the week. Other than that, the customer service department is terrible. There is no other opportunities within the department other than take phone calls.
it was a great place to work
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2017
The people there are very friendly. It was not the fastest pace of work but the project were interesting. Everyone is willing to help you when you need it.
Not a fun place
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2017
The job itself is fine, I enjoyed what I did. It was at times stressful just because of the nature of the job. The majority of the people who were my peers caused it to be more stressful. It was not a pleasant place to be employed.
Pros
Customer Service Appreciation Week
Cons
15 minute break was shortened because of time keeping on the phone system.
• Collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal-oriented collections department.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2016
Wonderful place to work; Was on temporary assignment;
Typical Monday through Friday with occasional weekends

• Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
• Provide excellent & considerate customer service.
coworkers are good people. Job no so good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2015
typical work day consist of inbound calls that were very unpleasant. your expected to take being called names, being cursed out and yelled at on a daily bases.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2015
I enjoy the typical work .
Management has got to improve or the company is going to suffer drastically.
Nothing hard about the job
Most enjoyable are the customers and co workers
Pros
Catered Lunch
Cons
Management, Temporary status and pay
Loved my job!
Temporary Bottler/Grounds Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 5, 2013
I loved my job at the Louisville Water Company. Everyday was something different, which I liked. The hours were perfect for me. Its a shame they ran out of work, I had planned on making a career there. I worked in the grounds maintenance department so we did everything. LWC has 35 properties that we had to maintain. I love my co-workers and my supervisor, good people.
Pros
I got a lot of experience using different tools, hours
Cons
I didn't get hired on full time
unpleasant environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lou KYJuly 31, 2012
field customer calls, don't make friends and keep to yourself, do your job and leave on time
Pros
excellent work hours
Cons
uncomfortable work atmosphere