Louisville Water Company

Louisville Water Company Employee Reviews

If you can get past the good ole boys syndrome, favoritisms from ELT members, inconsistent compensation practices, lack of true leadership, ignore the inconsistent policy and procedures and if you’re “liked”, you might survive a few years which is extremely hard!
A hard place to succeed. There is a culture of the good ole boy network and to succeed you must be in that network. A white male and an engineering. Differences are not appreciated.
If you are slow learning they fire you. They have there picks. They hire other people and train employees different. Even a new temp does not have a chance. I was at work every day on time and never missed but they let me go to someone that had more excuses of not coming and she was hired on cause they liked her.
I loved my time at LWC. Great benefits when I first started and has slowly gotten worse but still not that bad. Upper management is a little disconnected and doesn’t have as much trust as they should in their employees but overall a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, pay, work family
Cons
Company doesn’t trust employees
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Don't get involved with anyone stay to yourself it's a great company to work for but the managers and supervisors show a lot of favoritism and they have their picks on who they want to hire permanent
No one wants to take responsibility for anything. Alot of talk but no action. No one wants to make a decision on anything, they play favorites and if you are in the in crowd you can get away with whatever.
This company will NEVER stand up for their employee's. Management team is poor at best, no communication with employee's. Turn over rate is very high
Bad people skills, TL's are lazy and rude if you go to Club Ceader you are in , they have favoritism, poor communication skills, LAZY LAZY LAZY , TL's taks a long time to get back with employees
Pros
Cons
Not a good place
There was always a lot of calls in the queue and customers were irate due to long wait times and not having long payment extensions because water is a necessity and not able to go with another company if service was to be terminated
Pros
Good job
Cons
Long work hours
Terrible place to work! The management, leads and all other higher ups have a clique and show a lot of favoritism. If you are working through a temp to hire service your time as a temp you will always be treated like a third class citizen. Training was terrible, there was a three week training time. In which, the trainer was barely there so you don’t learn much considering the fact that everything you were supposed to learn in three weeeks will be crammed into four days on the last week. Then you will be put onto the floor to take calls. You have some people who will help you with no problem. They are not management, asking management or sups for assistance is like a sin there they except you to know everything they do! Under no circumstances, no matter how many times a customer ask to speak with a supervisor will they take a call. A supervisor could be standing right next to you and a customer could be irate about anything under the sun in that case your job is to lie lie lie and tell the customer there are no sups around and then you prepare to get cursed up and down by the customer.
I learned a lot at Louisville Water Company and was able to raise a family and retire from there I recommend it for anybody that's looking for a great job
I was able to learn a lot about the water filtration process while working at the Crescent Hill Filtration Plant. It was amazing to see the water filtration process from start to finish.
Hands down the worst call center in Louisville. Little to no profesionalism, toxic and cut throat culture, training is below par with unclear processes and procedures. Lacks proper references and tools to successfully do the job. Lacks technology. Doesnt empower employees to assist customers. Makes customers jump through hoops. It's a monopoly and ran like one.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Toxic culture
Ok company to work for, no room for advancement in the department I was in. Talked with customers regarding their delinquent accounts and set up payment plans
It was a decent place to work, I had several friends that made it nice to be there. I enjoyed the actual job itself. The only part of the job I did not enjoy was having to tell someone that their water was going to be turned off.
While I was a temporary employee for LWC my time spent there was great. After proving my self-worth to the company I was given more responsibility, even moved to a different department for relief. One hour lunches most days. Very relaxed and everyone is very friendly. My one complaint with LWC is that their HR department is very old-fashioned. They will not consider you for a position of you do not meet their strict requirements and can be very difficult to negotiate with and get a hold of. They seem to be unwilling to revamp certain policies The main reason for leaving them was because I couldn't reach my full potential and felt stuck in my current role.
The atmosphere is one of the worst I have ever seen. There is no teamwork or customer service and coworkers are rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. Training and floor walkers are a joke. Seems we are trained to give the customer the run around in hopes they will just give up and pay their bill. Management was good for a short period until the manager and supervisors all quit last year. Turnover is very high and current management doesn’t really care about anything but themselves. Customers are angry and you get cussed out all day because they waited on hold for up to an hour some days. Wrong information is given to customers because of the terrible training so you spend a lot of time trying to fix others mistakes and then get yelled at by management for not having great stats. Little to no advancement opportunities are possible. I can't wait to to get of out this place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional environment, management, training, coworkers
By far the most unorganized, ghetto, organization I have worked. They do not treat their temp employees good at all. The training is definitely inadequate, leaving the new employees nervous to step foot on the floor. The director is very rude and shows favoritism. Within the short time I was there, I witnessed more than 6 people resign within two b months. The turnover rate is extremely high The only great thing i can say about working at the water company was the customer service appreciation week in which they have the employees a token of appreciation each day during the week. Other than that, the customer service department is terrible. There is no other opportunities within the department other than take phone calls.
The people there are very friendly. It was not the fastest pace of work but the project were interesting. Everyone is willing to help you when you need it.
The job itself is fine, I enjoyed what I did. It was at times stressful just because of the nature of the job. The majority of the people who were my peers caused it to be more stressful. It was not a pleasant place to be employed.
Pros
Customer Service Appreciation Week
Cons
15 minute break was shortened because of time keeping on the phone system.
Wonderful place to work; Was on temporary assignment; Typical Monday through Friday with occasional weekends • Collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal-oriented collections department. • Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. • Provide excellent & considerate customer service.