Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Found 1,517 reviews matching the search See all 1,520 reviews
I really liked working for Love's company and for Dunkin Donut. Dunkin Donuts had an excellent strategy to keep food prep in tip top shape.
Baker Dunkin Donut (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MODecember 16, 2018
They are committed to keeping me fresh food. This was my first experience working in the BOH in restaraunt business. I learned much and enjoyed the team I worked with. It was fine until the GM had to leave an we were suddenly barrened with management issues. I am rehirable at Love's.
Pros
Paid vacation and discounts and 30 minute breaks.
Cons
Poor management.
Decent job with good starting pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCDecember 11, 2018
Pay was good starting out but not worth the hassle. They promise you smoke and mirrors but don't plan on following through. Management was a joke. It's cliqued up, you'll never feel apart of the team there. They'll stick you on overnights and you'll never get off. You'll be stuck doing everything yourself and management gossiped about everything you convided in them about. Good pay, not a good job. If you just want quick money for something, I'd recommend but not good to stay long term.
Pros
50 percent off in food side and gas station side.
Cons
Breaks are never really breaks cuz you have to work off the clock if it gets too busy, days off aren't really days off, more like A few hours off and then you go right back.
Fun and career-driven workplace that can be turned into a retirement plan.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALNovember 28, 2018
Loves' is a company that sets out to beat the market through happy employees whom make it their goal to help their customers the best they can. This is a great job to be working for if you're interested in advancing a career and looking to settle down and make this the last job you want to have.
Pros
Discounted lunches, flexible schedules, maternity leave, vacation, competitive salaries, fun work environment.
Cons
Short breaks, high turnover, tasks assigned cannot be completed in given time.
Diesel Tech Apprentice: Physically demanding, Mentally demanding, fast tempo
Diesel Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2018
Management is what walked me out of the door. Being told that we all can be fired due to us all breaking a rule. That message didn't sit well especially when it was dark the next day and your laying on the ground of a 6 lane highway under a semi and still have to pick up truckers garbage back at store grounds- urine bottles etc. Management can do better.
Physically demanding. You will sweat profusely. Dealing with demanding truckers. Mentally taxing. Fun. I'm not going back.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Busy with some pleasant and unpleasant experiences
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hinton, OKNovember 19, 2018
A really intense job that can seem overwhelming at first, Love's is generally busy and can test you on certain things, one of them being mental toughness. However, there was a quote that was relayed about the work place: "If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere." The co-workers can vary on certain days, but particularly in the restaurant, they're really nice, although tough. Once you prove yourself there, the work is good.
Self--absorbed management with no structure and care for employees
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, TXDecember 31, 2018
Would not recommend this job to anyone. Management doesn't seem to care about you. They only care about bonuses and making themselves look good. Workplace is cutthroat and it is every one for themselves. I learned how to change tires but otherwise this job is not for anyone with any desire for structure or sanity.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Heavy workload, poor management
I hated working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomsdale, MODecember 19, 2018
I absolutely hated working at Love's. They started me on the midnight shift after my training which I was fine with only because they told me I would go back to morning/ afternoon shift after a coworker who had just had a baby would be back. WELL, when she did come back she didn't want to keep working the midnight shift (understandably) so they kept me on without letting me know after I had told them working midnights was making my mental health really bad at the time. The managers told me that I would be taken off that shift but they still kept me on so I had no choice but to quit so I could get my mental health back to where it was and then I went back to school so I was ultimately unable to return.
Pros
Pay was good for my area and how old I was at the time.
Cons
Too many to type in this little box.
eh. could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 9, 2018
This was an Oklahoma location. The employees were used as labor to put the store together, NO TRAINING was given. Any other truck stop or convenience store I have worked at, at least two weeks of training were given, and we were fairly prepared for the job. Because there was no training, those who were training us on the job would get frustrated and take it out on the trainees when they got in trouble. The trainer I was under had poor communication and zero patience. Management is average at best. The only good thing about this place is the food.
Pros
food, benefits package
Cons
everything else
promises not kept
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 5, 2018
a company that seems like a good place to work at first. then it all comes to life like they promise benifits and canvel them. or promises bonuses based on profits but for some reason every quarter for 2 years when it was time to pay the bonuses they cancel them and a month later when all the managers quit or threaten to quit there back on again and so on and so forth
Pros
Cons
the whole company
Under payed
Tire Care General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 28, 2018
As a manager you are under payed over worked. With staff that is the same in the shop at least. Shop takes care of the whole location. You will have 3 to 4 different types of corporate managers/ offices to answer to on any given day. They only care about there department which counteracts with each other’s orders. To top it all off they don’t let you just run a shop.
Pros
Good equipment/ tools training is ok if done right
Cons
Bad pay, could have very long hours, way to many upper management, to much work load, forced to not pay staff according to job skills
Not a loving place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pratt, KSOctober 23, 2018
This is a terrible company to work for there first rule is they say they have fair and consistant scheduling thats a load of bull they cut hours so drastically u can start out with 35-40 hrs then 2 weeks later your down to 25 hours then 10-17 hours and no explaination besides the big wigs are cutting store hours. No breaks at all it is against the company policy to even sit down at all so be prepared to work 8+ hours on your feet the whole time they dont even offer the feet cushions for registers this company is very very bad i wouldnt work for them again if it was the last job on earth
Pros
Cons
If there isnt a con let me know
loved this place
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKNovember 21, 2018
I worked for this company for over 9 years and had recently lost my husband. And I loved this company was a very loyal employee for almost 9 years had worked all in store positions and shifts except GM but was trained to be one. Im gonna greatly miss working for this company but couldn't continue to greive and work.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
poor in store management sometimes.
It's an exciting place to work if you are a people person
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXJanuary 7, 2019
A day of work for me consist of hard labor, making sure the store is up to par for the next shift coming in. But, also fun at the same time, we meet new people on a daily basis but, yet have our regulars that come in and like to give us a hard time! We learn something new everyday! I enjoy my crew
Pros
Getting to meet new people
Cons
Short breaks for sure
Poor management
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Natalia, TXDecember 9, 2018
Management never really helped they just told us what needed to get done and disappeared the rest of the shift. When calling for help with a long line it would take a while before anyone would show up to help, especially if we had a bus and when we had a bus come in we announced that they were there.
Pros
Discount on food items
Cons
Short staffed, high turn around, poor management
Typical first job experience
Hardees Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, WIOctober 2, 2018
Hardee's was my first job that I started at 16 and I stayed with them until moving to college. I really liked the job, it was easy as long as you had some common sense. Did I occasionally have a difficult customer yes but the job taught me how to have good customer service in so many different situations. I would recommend any Hardee's under Love's as a great first job for anyone.
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
I wasn't allowed any vacation because I wasn't completely full-time
Relaxed culture paired with innovative business objectives
Retail Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 5, 2018
A typical day for an accountant, depending on department, is pretty cyclical on a monthly basis. Occasionally, new projects from upper management will be asked for you to complete, but mainly your days look pretty similar depending on time of the month. Management is very flexible with your schedules if you have something with your kids, or an appointment, etc. Rarely is overtime asked of you, you are trusted to get your work done. The people at Love's are friendly and helpful. It is fun to watch the different areas of the company evolve.
Pros
Free monthly lunch, free training on management skills, flexible schedules, importance of community and giving, good health insurance benefits
Cons
Not super competitive pay
Great for Advancement!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, INSeptember 21, 2018
Loves was a great company to work for if you are wanting to advance within the company. VERY fast paced and stressful, but I enjoyed it. The atmosphere at a truck stop is not an easy one in retail so just beware and have thick skin.
I LOVED my general manager, but then he was sent to another store and sadly our store went downhill.
Management either makes or breaks your experience with this company.
My main complaint is the pay. As an administrative assistant, I handled a lot of responsibilities, yet I was paid a little over what a Subway employee would make.
Pros
Chances for Advancement
Cons
Low Pay
Quick paced and cool people
Cashier and Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORSeptember 21, 2018
Although this job is very quick paced and the registers here are specifically very high maintenance I felt comfortable with the people I worked with and it is the type of work environment where you can easily work as a team and gain relationships due to stressful shifts and having to work as a team together.
Pros
Scheduling generally the same as usual
Cons
High expectations for such a fast paced environment
Lots of promises
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTOctober 29, 2018
Loves is fast pace environment where everyday is different. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with the customers and hourly staff. I was however left with no control over my assistant manager and concept managers. I often felt my hands where tied and was blamed by upper level management for the poor performance of managers I couldn't get rid of.
Pros
Pay
Fast paced, Diverse work experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Typical day consisted of team building, money handling skills, leadership building as well as inventory management, quality customer service not only trained but implemented constantly and consistently. Management had to be on top of each and every aspect of the business whether it was the store, tire shop or restaurant. This included customer service, customer perception, cleanliness, and teamwork. Training was always present and opportunities were always available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores.

Powered by Comparably