Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Found 1,404 reviews matching the search See all 1,406 reviews
Quality , clean work environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORSeptember 17, 2018
The work is hard , but consistent and the staff were friendly well mannered. Manager understood hard work and went out of his way to reward people. Id definitely recommend this job to my friends.
poor management
Tire Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Grayson, KYSeptember 17, 2018
you never have the same shift. sometimes you come straight off a night shift and then work days. the maintenance work wasnt hard but you rarely had help at night so you were expected to keep the place clean while changing tires and making roadside calls
Pros
work wasnt too Hard
Cons
poor management
Collections Specialist daily responsiblities summary.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2018
My position was in the Collections Department.
The Collections Department had six people in this department at that time. The Collections Department growth was increasing daily as the business needs for the company increased.

This was a fun place to work and required a person who is very flexible, as each day had different assignments with many challenges, goals and assignments.

The Collections Department continued to grow, with new and added assignments and even more specific responsibilities, as the new locations opened very frequently.

The workplace culture was business casual, professional and our building facility was very nice and very contemporary.

The floor where I worked housed the financial department. There were many types of departments on the same floor, mainly financially related.
This location was the headquarters for Loves Travel Stops and Country Stores.
Pros
Learning about our stores, trucking, and unique job specific skills were diffently the main focus.
Cons
Fast pace enviromnent and the salary rate was a personal concern.
The company is great in theory
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Corning, CASeptember 15, 2018
Really believe that poor work performance proceeds from the top down. Management cherry picks who they like and advances them. If you don't agree with actions taken you'll be put on graveyards. I was Asked a couple times to perform dangerous work that I was unqualified for. Management placed a new hire as shift lead within the first month with no experience or training to be a tire tech or shift lead, only because he was the managers golden boy. Loves is a great company, but when you individualize each store, the management here should not be managing in my opinion.
Pros
Quick advancement if you're a boot licker
Cons
Management is selective, employees are dispensable
loves
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 14, 2018
Loved working at loves great place management was a little off the they tended to be lax in their jobs would of liked a little more overtime but the pay was good for a 40 hr week
benefits
Cons
no overtime
good work place
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALSeptember 13, 2018
good work place/ good training plenty of room for advancement within the company fast growing. overnight shift is also offered. a good place to get some retail experience
Overall good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 12, 2018
Overall good company. Very long hours in order to complete all tasks. Opportunity for growth if you spend the time. Really good profit sharing program that the family provides for some positions.
Pros
Growth of company
Cons
Long hours; behind on technology
SAP BI Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work, always promotes from within where possible. The company is family owned and has old school values - they take care of their employees.
Terrible business
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ontario, ORSeptember 11, 2018
Didnt pay vacation time after wrongful termination, Oregon has a sick pay but loves claims its thru them not the state also wrong. They will work you to death and break work laws then fire you for their mistakes. I'm taking them to court. This company is ran by children
Cons
Never get a break if you work in shop. No raises, they lie a lot. Never true to their word.
Loveable Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Benson, AZSeptember 9, 2018
Entry Level job, one side of store has opportunities in tire care and retail while restaurant side offers opportunities in food service. great friendly environment.
Pros
discount on the clock for lunch
Cons
stressful
Pay is excellent.
Trainer/ Diesel cashier (Former Employee) –  Leary, TXSeptember 8, 2018
While the pay and benefits we're exceptional, there was also alot of favortism in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was the other employee's.
Pros
40 hours, paid time off, benefits
Cons
hostile work environment, managment favortism
Good company to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2018
I enjoyed my tenure with the company, what I enjoyed most about my job was daily interaction with my team and moreover my customers, they made it enjoyable for me and I made it enjoyable for them.
Pros
Loves shares program
Cons
Breaks on the go, no compensation for working extra shifts, micro managing with certain district managers
Worst job i have ever worked
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 7, 2018
I was a tire tech in Sheboygan all the work was put off on me not only in the shop also in the store I only stayed there a little over a month worst experience ever I tried quitting but was begged to stay I only stayed 2 weeks after that. I had to deal with racist comments and jokes and no one was punished for it I would not recommend working there at all
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
no one takes responsibilty for their lack of work ethics
Decent job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Not a terrible place to work for someone talented at multitasking and good with registers and money working. All in all not too shabby honestly.......
Pros
Food discounts, mostly fixed scheduling
Cons
Advancement limited, no overtime
Nice people for the most part, but rushed training.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Clinton OkSeptember 3, 2018
I liked my managers, but the training process was a disaster. My first day working, was a nightmare. I only spent four hours watching Loves training videos. Then I was thrown out into the line in the subway part. I had no knowledge of how to "properly" make the sandwiches. I seriously didn't get to watch any important Subway training videos. I irritated a lot of customers. My manager shoved my training off on everyone she could. I honestly liked most of it. I would have been more comfortable if they would have spent more time training me. The company has some really bogus rules to. They get really particular about not being social with your coworkers off the clock. I'm sorry when I'm not clocked in I should get to hang out with who I want to. I also didn't like all the gossip in the back room. It was a den of wolves.
Pros
You got free drinks in your issued Loves cup. Half off on the six inch sub, and the roller grill.
Cons
Thirty minute lunches.
Working on trucks was okay everything else not so much
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILSeptember 1, 2018
Had a lot to do besides working in trucks. Shop has to know how to do almost everything and we don’t get paid for it. We are the first ones they call to fix literally anything that breaks no matter what it is from toilets to ice machines.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Pay
Stress free work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSSeptember 1, 2018
I loved working there! I wish I could have stayed. The hours were great and the pay was great. I loved my managers and the crew. I loved working the morning shift as well.
Get in and get out with any field in the tire shop or you’ll regret it.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Hubbard, OHAugust 29, 2018
This is a get in, and get out job. Don’t be hooked by what they’ve said. I’ve seem many employees promised more money and be dwindled by corporate or the tire GM. Management is insane where they give all the responsibilities to others and let their assistants take all of the blame instead. Work you like a rag doll.
Pros
Few awesome people you work with/ experience
Cons
There’s a lot
Loved working at Love's
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee, FLAugust 28, 2018
I loved working at Love's. I got to meet new people along with the regulars. It was hard work, but very enjoyable due to the camaraderie of my fellow workers and the regular customers.
Pros
Getting to talk to a lot of different people
Cons
On my feet for 8 hours
Productive and Fun Place To work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Disputanta, VAAugust 28, 2018
the best job to have if you your looking for somewhere to work. they have great managers and crew members. the place has an exciting work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight