Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Found 1,466 reviews matching the search See all 1,469 reviews
fast paced
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCNovember 16, 2018
on a typical day I would interact with customers and other employees and dealt with money all the time. comfortable environment to work in. good management
Great place with good management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXNovember 14, 2018
Loves is an okay place to work as long you aren't single. The management is professional, but with no one able to get 40 hours it's hard to survive. That's just my opinion.
Pros
Fun people the customers are great
Cons
Not enough hours
Awesome company to work for...
Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ARNovember 11, 2018
I've only been with Love's 277 in Prescott, AR for 3 months but I have already started to love this company. The folks up top seem to really care about their people. It is a very fast paced environment and can be stressful at times. I would not recommend this job to anyone who can't keep up and who do not believe in customers first. The training is very hands on. The RTS program is laid out perfectly from shift leads in training to general managers in training. The manager in the restaurant is very knowledgeable in every area of the facility and is very quick and willing to answer any questions that I have. The GM is very nice to me and the OMs are awesome. I love the culture of this company and the opportunities that I've already been given for advancement. I plan on staying with this company for a very very long time if not indefinitely.
Pros
Great starting pay, great culture, management
Cons
Sometimes stressful
interesting work fast paced
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Van, TXNovember 9, 2018
i had never done anything like this kind of work. working in the tire shop was hard but interesting. i liked being responsible for both the travel center and the restaurant.
Pros
lots to do
Cons
rude DMs
eh. could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 9, 2018
This was an Oklahoma location. The employees were used as labor to put the store together, NO TRAINING was given. Any other truck stop or convenience store I have worked at, at least two weeks of training were given, and we were fairly prepared for the job. Because there was no training, those who were training us on the job would get frustrated and take it out on the trainees when they got in trouble. The trainer I was under had poor communication and zero patience. Management is average at best. The only good thing about this place is the food.
Pros
food, benefits package
Cons
everything else
Na
shift leader (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 9, 2018
The staff plus management were lacking customer service and employees appreciation. Definitely Not a place for qrowth. But u get a paid week vacation.
The work is too much for the pay
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 8, 2018
Working at Love's is a good job but the wages should be higher for the amount of work one person does. There is a lot of responsibility on one person which can be stressful.
stressful envoirnment with little personal time
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 7, 2018
As a manager for love's travel stops you were in charge of 3 departments. managing a fueling station, mechanical shop and multiple restaurants. managing on average 25 people per shift. I learned how to effectively manage employees, balance financial reports, cash control, sales, customer service, telecommunications, OSHA/EPA regulations, scheduling, inventory control, business to business relations and hiring. the culture was very unsatisfying. I was required to work long hours, unexpected extended shifts, and being called in on my days off. the work/home life was not balanced. The company has extremely high turnover which puts more stress and hours on the management staff. The most difficult part was maintaining operational goals without a effective staff to help you complete the goals. the only enjoyable part was the amount of money and bonus structure for the management staff.
Pros
competetive wages
Cons
long hours, understaffed, lack of technology, poor envoirnmental standards
Very stable work enviroment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 6, 2018
Worked front counter along with Subway, dealt with with customers hands on. Fresh food preparation, baked fresh bread and cookies daily. Handled cash and credit and debit cards.
Pros
will not promote to management with felonies
A good place to work.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, INNovember 2, 2018
I am currently working here and while it is inconvenient to work overnight I am overall satisfied with the work experience. The pay is good and benefits are available for full time workers.
Pros
Employee discount.
Cons
Overnight schedule.
It was a fun place
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Barre, LANovember 1, 2018
Just didn’t like the way they handle important people paper.nd wouldn’t follow directions every once did they work .but customers service was good and the customers loved the way we as a team handle the rush we would get every day
Pros
Food Andy drinks discount
Cons
30 minutes breaks with food discount
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALOctober 30, 2018
My review is well placed and this store is busy and very friendly and productive. They all communicate with each other and pull together as a team. We all plan to stay together as a team and as individuals.
It was a lot of busy work
Cashier, stocker, cleaner (Former Employee) –  Falkville, ALOctober 30, 2018
I didn't get enough hours. the job was boring and tedious with a lot of mind numbing busywork. The general manager was kind of a butt. We did get Love's points that we could use online and discounts on food.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
tiring and boring
Environment is inconsistent
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 30, 2018
The job environment depends on who you have as a GM. The first two GM's I had were great, the current one is seriously making my current store a miserable place to work.
Pros
Fun customers
Cons
The amount of work for the pay
Lots of promises
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTOctober 29, 2018
Loves is fast pace environment where everyday is different. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with the customers and hourly staff. I was however left with no control over my assistant manager and concept managers. I often felt my hands where tied and was blamed by upper level management for the poor performance of managers I couldn't get rid of.
Pros
Pay
Under payed
Tire Care General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 28, 2018
As a manager you are under payed over worked. With staff that is the same in the shop at least. Shop takes care of the whole location. You will have 3 to 4 different types of corporate managers/ offices to answer to on any given day. They only care about there department which counteracts with each other’s orders. To top it all off they don’t let you just run a shop.
Pros
Good equipment/ tools training is ok if done right
Cons
Bad pay, could have very long hours, way to many upper management, to much work load, forced to not pay staff according to job skills
Productive and Fun
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXOctober 27, 2018
Taking order's and making food for the customer's as well as keeping the restaurant clean and up to code. Employee's are very friendly and fun. Make sure food is prepped right and stored properly
Meet many people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 26, 2018
Fast paced environment. You will deal with complaints and issues. Always something to do. Managers keep getting switched cause there is space to move up. With that being said the environment depends on the manager and employees. Overall its good compared to other jobs.
Poor Quality of Life
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 23, 2018
As a company, it is a great place to work. The current divisional director and district manager are not onboard with the culture of the company and thus make it a terrible place to work.
Pros
Great benefits and profit sharing
Cons
I hope you don't have a personal life
Not a loving place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pratt, KSOctober 23, 2018
This is a terrible company to work for there first rule is they say they have fair and consistant scheduling thats a load of bull they cut hours so drastically u can start out with 35-40 hrs then 2 weeks later your down to 25 hours then 10-17 hours and no explaination besides the big wigs are cutting store hours. No breaks at all it is against the company policy to even sit down at all so be prepared to work 8+ hours on your feet the whole time they dont even offer the feet cushions for registers this company is very very bad i wouldnt work for them again if it was the last job on earth
Pros
Cons
If there isnt a con let me know

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores.

Powered by Comparably