Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

okay place
Assistant Rest. Manager (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZMay 24, 2018
Worked for the company two different times, people tend to call out a lot and that usually is graveyard. Had to work many doubles, which effects home life. Have great benefits. Tend to overlook people who have been there a long time.
Fast and friendly service
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSMay 24, 2018
I would be doing daily deposit,Making sandwiches,cashiering and ordering inventory.Counting employees drawers and unloading orders for store.Everyday stocking and cleaning of store
Pros
Meet alot of people
Cons
work all the time
New Experience
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Nella, CAMay 23, 2018
Loves was overall okay. Thats where I moved up as a manager and I was taught how to run my own shifts. Nights and early morning rushes at a truck stop is insane. I was in charge of the store looking up to par for my general manager and district manager at times. It kept me busy but working over night with a 3 year old became really hard. There was no chance of moving to days.
terrible place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNMay 22, 2018
Management is lazy and unwilling to properly do their job. Favoritism is shown to certain employees. Management has different expectations for different employees. While one employee is expected to work like a dog and overachieve on their job others are allowed to half do their jobs and not a word is said to them.
Working at Loves
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Matthews, MOMay 21, 2018
It has it's ups and downs, ups: good pay, vacation earned after 6 months and raises, good customers

Downs: some managers need more training and need better work hours
worked at loves a long time ago
Fuel desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Skippers, VAMay 20, 2018
I worked at loves in Skippers,Va. when they first opened, which was about 14 years ago. at the time we had poor management and people didn't want to come to work , so I ended up working a lot of doubles.
Pros
discounts
Cons
employees that didn"t show up
productive and friendly workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILMay 20, 2018
working at loves was a great job. my experience there was wonderful. this was the best job I've had. all of my coworkers were friendly, they were very considerable and understanding. we all worked as a team. the management also were very helpful.
Pros
good benefits, friendly coworkers & customers, great work hours, flexibile
i liked loves
Inventory Specialist/Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2018
Loves was a great place to work.. It was very competitive and I enjoyed the environment. I think if they had better management it would run more smoothly.
enjoyed my job. Would go back.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  South Hutchinson, KSMay 18, 2018
maintenance worker, mowed, cleaned, assisted customer when needed both in the store or on the lsland. Made sure all grassy areas were kept mowed. parking lot was kept cleaned.
its a fair job
Truck tire technician/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Erick, OKMay 17, 2018
my experience at the store as a tire technician was normally easy going, hard working days. when I wasn't around the manager. you're given a list of tasks to complete within the day as well as service the semi trucks needing repairs, and the manager at the time went out of his way to find a reason to put you down.
Pros
the manager was fired shortly after i quit
Cons
the manager was there when i quit
Great for hourly employees terrible if you’re trying to move up
Tire Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 17, 2018
I loved working with Loves when I was a tire tech but as I moved up there is a lot of politics and favoritism. Not enough hours would be given to complete the work or have coverage to let management leave on time which is no fun when you’re salaried. Information is dispersed in an unorganized fashion. Not much support and care for management.
Pros
Fun environment, meeting customers from all over the world
Cons
Overworked underpaid, expected to work on time off, not offered compensation for relocating
Ok but not for me
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNMay 16, 2018
Not a job for the weak of heart. This job demands multiple hours for minimal compensation. While there are great people there it is not a job I would recommend to others.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low wages
Fun place to work with great promotions
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNMay 16, 2018
I loved working for Love’s. They were fun and a great pace. You never felt stressed or overwhelmed. I loved being a shift leader with all the responsibilities.
Pros
Fun great place. Fast promotions. Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough staff at night
To many people telling you what to do
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Jasper, ALMay 15, 2018
Having to leave a job I was working on and run and pull trash or do tire passes was not cool. Cause the driver of the truck I was working on 9 out of 10 times got mad about me having to stop and go do what hire authority told me to do
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
To much over head to dill with
Chaotic place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXMay 15, 2018
Never listened to the demand. Just always wanted the results. The culture produced non stop gossip. As an educated person I hated that aspect. I just wanted to go in and do my job. Not have to deal with the local drama.
Professional Work Environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  6737 S 45th W, Idaho Falls, ID 83402May 15, 2018
Not just your ordinary gas station or travel center, Love's is ran very professionally. Team work was great! The most enjoyable part of the job was working along with shift managers and serving guests. The hardest part of the job is having low control over the cash registers and serving customers quickly. I learned to always be moving around and cleaning or working on something. Some jobs have time to sit, not here! I can now always find something to be working on or learning about.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Twenty-four hour store
Horrible.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Duson, LAMay 14, 2018
Don't every apply there. Horrible place inside and out.
Management was horrible and lied more than jimmy carter had liver pills.
Manager would come and go as pleased and didn't care if it was your time to leave or not.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
productice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Italy, TXMay 13, 2018
i did three jobs for this company. cashier, maintenance, and tire tech i believe they create great personnel. i loved this job and i am sad i don't work for the company anymore.
worst place ever to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tifton GAMay 11, 2018
Management is terrible they lie about pay raises and bonuses. Employees are cursed out in meetings. If you put in for vacation days a month ahead you won't get the time off. Invoices are voided out and you don't get paid for completed work.
Pros
Cons
your the bottom and will stay there
Great people who care
Inventory Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hogansville, GAMay 10, 2018
Loves is a good company to work for . Most managers are very respectful and hands on friendly . It's a very fast paste work place with good benefits. .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight