Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Found 2,090 reviews matching the search See all 2,096 reviews
loves was great
customer service (Former Employee) –  Baxter, TNNovember 15, 2019
I worked nights shift from 11 to 7 but had to stay late due to others coming in late I loved both of my managers I had and I loved the costumers most, I wished for a better team to work with but over all I did love working here
Past employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCNovember 15, 2019
There is NO training at loves. They throw you to the wolves in 3 days. They work you to death, expect way too much for one person. They management really isn't there.
Poor Management Hostile Employees
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 15, 2019
Employees there aren't friendly at all. They make you hate coming to work. The managers are even less friendly than the other employees. You will be nothing but a person who fills a time slot, but will work yourself to exhaustion. Poor pay and poor raises, unless you are a male or wear a push up bra and flirt with the manager. Manager is aware that everyone there is on some kind of illegal drug. Not a place to work if you are a decent, good person.
Typical work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2019
After a year of working at Love's Subway, I became depressed and a completely different person. There were fun experiences but my mental health was affected. Working past my shift became a habit. I worked multiple 8+ hour shifts by myself because people would call off or not show up. Having to manage the front and back of the store by myself was very overwhelming for it to be my first job.
Unfair Management at store I worked at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ritzville, WANovember 15, 2019
Was excited about working. However shortly after the GM and one assistant manager started showing how unfair they were towards people who didn't make their cut. Talked trash to customer and employee a like. Played favorites.
Its a good business, there are sometimes too many roll overs in management and employees.
United States (Former Employee) –  United States Leary,TxNovember 14, 2019
Like stated above it is a good business, there was just too many roll overs in management and employees during the time I worked there. Stability would be better.
the place is a huge joke
Diesel Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PANovember 14, 2019
management sucks an has no clue about truck repair once so ever they void completed work orders to steal mechanics commission as well as your doing far more tasks then being a mechanic they expect you to do everything all the time busy or not i wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!!
Fantastic employee benefits and friendly atmosphere but in a stressful environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, INNovember 14, 2019
Flexible schedule with decent pay and good opportunities for advancement. Success requires heavy cooperation with coworkers which makes a friendly atmosphere. Most customers are in a rush with monetary motivation, making a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
Very stressful and understaffed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORNovember 14, 2019
Every day I worked there I had to work alone for at least 5 hours. They also did not care if you hurt yourself on the job they wanted you to keep working even if you burned yourself.
If you hurt yourself outside of work and can not come in because you hurt yourself and you have a doctors note they will write you up because they expect you to stand even when you can’t
Fast-Paced, Customer Service Job, Food-related
Subway Manager (Former Employee) –  Hooker, OKNovember 14, 2019
Be to work on time and ready to stand on your feet for 8-12 hours.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs, push, pull, bend, and squat.
Every shift has special tasks, but primarily they all include:
Baking cookies, break, preparing vegetables, stocking and rotating perishable goods. Conducting inventory and frequent temperature checks. Cleaning of tables, glass, counters, and dishes. Keeping floors clear and clean by sweeping regularly, and mopping at the end of each shift. Providing fast, friendly, and accurate service to customers. Knowing and abiding by the Subway measurements for specialty sandwiches and the proper ounces for each veggie per 6 inch and foot-long subs.
Be capable of maintaining professional attitude and helpful nature with irritable customers (primarily truck drivers who are in a hurry or bad mood). If you are great at conflict resolution and taming tigers, you'd do very well at this position.

The manager aspect of the job includes everything that the Subway Artists do, plus:
Work Scheduling
Inventory counts & ordering
Sales & promotional activities and instillation of marketing materials
Price changes
Interviewing, hiring, training, and terminating of staff
Communicating with corporate administrators
Cooperating with Food inspectors and vendors
Great Place
Assistant Manager/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXNovember 13, 2019
Loved the work environment and the people there. Was such a fun place to work at and never got boring. Always ways you could advance in knowledge and pay
Terrible
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZNovember 13, 2019
The company doesn't care about anyone or anything except money. I'm frequently denied a lunch break and have also had my pay messed with as well as been denied my earned road call bonus at least 2 times now. They want you to think if you break your back for them you'll go places but you never do and they don't give raises yet expect top level work. Honestly one of the worst places I've ever worked.
A topical day at work
Nigh Shift Associate (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, KS 67661November 13, 2019
Working the night shift, with high traffic of customers coming trough this Gas station
My duty is to take care of customers helping to resolve orders of various food preparation. Cleaning, stocking and getting ready to prepare the breakfast that is needed in the morning also taking care of processing a register that was used in the hr before my duty.
Stocking is a big thing and the cleaning of floors etc
Not a long term job
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZNovember 13, 2019
Would recommend this job too any body . Perfect job for syagnit people , and butt kissers . Will not more up in company if you don't kiss butt , and devote your life to them . I got told I could not get promoted because I was going to college and my studies didn't have anything to do with loves . After 2 years of working there .
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Shift Lead/Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLNovember 13, 2019
Enjoyed working there..Company or that store needs to work on Management. Treat employees with respect. Communication with one another would be greatly appreciated
Not a good place to work if you expect advancement in your career
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALNovember 11, 2019
Love's does not promote from within if you are female. So do not look to be promoted to a management position if you are a female and there are male candidates. They do offer online training and webinars for employees but it is really a mute point if you cannot be promoted and advance your career. There is a high turnover rate among team members and it is because once people are hired, they are dissatisfied with the working conditions and the management.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, OKNovember 10, 2019
It taught be to be a better manager what to look for in my next job if I were to manage. The management team wasn’t always the best but higher ups definitely give you the credit and the notice you needed to feel good. The raise was good and the pay
Maintenance and cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 10, 2019
Fast paced a customer friendly Company. Looking for energetic employees to help customers who are traveling get back on the road. Attitude in appearance must be Appealing .
Buen lugar para trabajar
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 10, 2019
A mi gusta trabajar ahy nomas que los manejadores no aprecian un buen trabajador en mi persona una persona si me ayudo y me dio 1dolar más John no me acuerdo su apellido.ya tengo más de un año y no más aumento y las horas siempre pendiente de no pasar40 horas pero cuando necesitan o si quédate wendy yo agusto ayudo pero me gustaría otro aumento.gracias
I like my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXNovember 9, 2019
I like what I do but I don't get paid enough. Its a good job and the family that you have there are awesome but not enough pay. It's stressful and there is poor management on the restaurant side.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight