Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,332 reviews matching the search See all 1,334 reviews
Fun and a good place if you're a people person
Clerk (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2018
It was actually pretty ok working here especially if you have the night shift. Meeting people is cool and the work is fair and in the a/c. Sometimes irritating but it was ok
all about team work
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 16, 2018
I am real pleased with my job at loves great people to work for. I have benefits, paid holiday,vacation, breaks, they offer us resources if we need any help with anything, they have employees appreciation
Pros
benifits
Cons
graveyard shoft
Productive and fast paced
team member (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX 79110July 16, 2018
I had fun and loved the job. I enjoyed meeting new people. There was a lot of favoritism there and things that should have required discipline action was always over looked but most of the staff were great
Pros
Meeting new and Good people
Cons
Childish employees
Loves travel stop is a great place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 13, 2018
I loved working at loves. It was a great working environment & everyone worked as a team. All the managers were nice & treated the employees with the utmost respect
To stressfull
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 13, 2018
Manager for shop was not able to care for employees. He only cares for him self and lazy. Didn't train me. Was supposed to get 45 days of training only for 4 days then was on my own. Manger yr tied to send me on a road call my first day by myself with no experience. I told him I would not go by myself he then came with and he stayed in the work truck on his phone
Great place to work but terrible management!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingfisher, OKJuly 12, 2018
Kingfisher loves has terrible management! They found any stupid excuse they could to fire me cuz they didn't like me then after I was fired they started a bunch of lies about me and told them to my family and friends. The lies they told would change from one thing to another so it was obvious they were lying but they continued to slander me behind my back. I worked my butt of for that place and I really liked my coworkers and I thought they liked me till they made me feel like an idiot and a loser. They are mean and spiteful. They are liars and backstabbers.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Terrible management that lies
Awful place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 12, 2018
Management at this store is horrible from the district manager down to the operations managers. Very stressful hostile work environment is fostered in the entire store. Certain employees show up whe they want and call off when they want with no consequences whatsoever. The few that do work are told what a horrible job they do constantly. The district and general manager are egotistical and will swear at you. Once saw the DM throw an employees belongings across the floor in front of customers and other employees. Avoid this place at all costs, awful place to work!
Pros
Pay isnt bad but not worth what you put up with
Cons
Management is TERRIBLE!
difficult work envirnment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALJuly 11, 2018
The job was very stressful and not worth the pay.Everyday was always a struggle to go to work because people would quit or call in all the time and there weren't enough people ever to recover from being short.
Harsh work environment
Subway clerk (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34482July 11, 2018
A typical day at work was long and stressful. I learned that your co-workers cannot be trusted and if they don't feel like it, they will not help you. Poor management is acceptable in many places is what I've learned as well.
Pros
Discounts on lunches
Cons
Management was terrible.
poor management
Baker (Former Employee) –  Canaan, NYJuly 11, 2018
the manager of the dunkin donuts side of the store was extremely hard to work with, unapproachable and a complete mess on the professional level. the willingness to train people correctly wasn't there. it was pretty much a make it or break it kind of place to work
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poplarville, MSJuly 10, 2018
I liked the job just not the way the store was operated or the fact everyone thought they were the boss when the boss wasn't there. There were to many employees wanting to tell everyone else what to do opposite of what we were told to do by the manager.
great place to learn about big business life and cooperate development
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2018
i love the experience and everything i learned from them and am highly great full and appreciative for the wealth of experience and opportunity i was ginen.
Pros
50% mel discount
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
good place to work
DIESEL MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, TXJuly 10, 2018
Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles. Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
This is not a good place to work for.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJuly 8, 2018
After 2 months I am still on training pay. I'm not supposed to disclose what I am paid but let's just say its barely over Illinois minimum wage. Management is really bad at scheduling and making sure enough people are on shift. No smoke breaks, the amount of detail they expect in what you do is ridiculous. Upper management, as in district and corporate are always popping into the store causing internal management to scramble adding many tasks to your already heavy workload as they do expect the cashier to take care of everything. Including stocking and cooler. So in short, bad management. Low pay, heavy work load.
Cons
No smoke breaks, unpaid lunch, heavy workload, low pay.
Everyone was friendly and it was a nice place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Palestine, ARJuly 1, 2018
It was my first job and I really liked it. Everyone was friendly and greeted me with all smiles. Everyone was very nice and the Mangers kept everything in order very well. Sadly I had to relocate.
Managers and enjoyment of job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAJune 29, 2018
I felt that the general manager showed favoritism which made it hard for advancements in that store. It was a laid back place to work but i felt that certain employees got special treatment and I feel all employees should be treated equal. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers I enjoy working with others and around people.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks or very late breaks
i enjoyed working there but the maneger fooled me into leaving
Loves tire care. (Former Employee) –  Hinton, OKJune 29, 2018
I tried to transfer and was told I had a position in the new city but when I arriv ed they had no ideal who I was... this left me with no income and I ended up homeless.
Poor Management
SMIT (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 28, 2018
Would not recommend this company to work for if you are looking for a career. You will not receive the training that you will need to accurately perform your job. Mostly learning on the fly. Very poor communication from upper management to store level. No concerns for issues that present in the store, constantly overlooked. Morale is unreal!!!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Attrition very high, Poor Management/Training
Fun and friendly
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 27, 2018
Great job to have on the right setting. I enjoyed working at loves and I hated that I had to move but life changes. I would definitely recommend working at loves
Pros
Discount on food
Good opportunity
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2018
Working for Loves has been a good experience for me, I have had the opportunity to work with good and bad people. Most of the management that I have worked with has known their job and what they had to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight