Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Employee Reviews

Found 1,594 reviews matching the search See all 1,604 reviews
Loves Country Stores
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Village, OKMarch 25, 2019
Loves is a very good place to work that has amazing benefits. The people are great, but their IT applications do move slower than the company grows annually.
Pros
Free snaks
Cons
IT applications move slower than the company grows.
Very business oriented but provides the tools to succeed.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHMarch 25, 2019
This job will teach you how to run multiple departments in one location. You will be responsible for a lot of leg work but it beats sitting in an office all day. You are held responsible for the operations of the entire facility. The hours can be a con if you have children. Most of my shifts end up being 3 to midnight. However once you reach store manager, it becomes a Monday through Friday job 6:30-4:30 which would be perfect for a family man or woman. You get a ton of vacation time as a manager, 3 weeks total in your first 1.5 year. Salary and bonus structure is top notch. Bonuses are easily attained if you work for the right GM.
Pros
Tons of vacation time, plenty of support, and a good culture.
Cons
Nights and weekends, upper management can be distanced from the day to day, you will deal with competition on promotions.
Productive a d fun work place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 25, 2019
I loved working for loves it was my most favorite job of all the jobs I ever had the people were great I loved the work i did as a tire Technician i would recommend the job to anyone that asked a out it!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
awesome company with great benefits
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2019
run operation to achieve goals set by corp office. food cost, schedules inventory customer service. team work. Have the ability to make it your own and be the best.
Terrible management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 24, 2019
Terrible management, causing for a bad crew to work with. Does pay well. No room for advancement. They hire all management outside of the store. Bad experience for me
Fast pased and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INMarch 23, 2019
Fun and fast passed environment. Friendly and regular customers. Very gender role dictated. You meet a lot of people. I learned patience and the ability to multitask.
Pros
30 min lunches and discount at Hardees
Cons
If your female your ability to advance is limited.
Decent place... They have favorites
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNMarch 23, 2019
Decent place to work at. Just get your stuff done and go home. You have the older women that get their 9-5 Monday through Friday schedule. They walk around all important throughout the day. They act like their s*it don't stink. Management has their favorites.
Pros
Approved days off with or without pro. Easy work
Cons
Poor management
Nights suck alone.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henryetta, OKMarch 23, 2019
Probably should have two workers at night a lot more things could be done in the down time.beut overall environment was clean, respectful and orchie always was fair and a nice manager.
Pros
Alone to work
Cons
Morning people having me do their job before leaving.
They had a hard time getting good managers
Asst. mgr (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, OKMarch 22, 2019
Made some good friends working for loves, but would choose not to in the future. In my 5 years I had One manager mixed up in drugs and 2 manager were alcoholics.
Pros
close to home
Cons
bad managers.
Fun place to work and amazing to meet people from all over.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMarch 21, 2019
It’s a really fun place to work cause we’re like a family and all joke around and we get regulars that come in often that also join in on the joking and we still get our job done.
Pros
Half off on Carl’s, rollergrill and fruit.
I love Love's
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMarch 18, 2019
Within 6 months with this place I have gotten 3 noticable raises and a promotion. If you put the work in, it doesn't go unnoticed. Management is great (yes even the corporate ones that come through once a month).
Pros
Management.
Cons
Lots of spiteful people work at this Loves.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 18, 2019
The company is good to work for because the benefits are great! However, the Joplin store has several very mean and spiteful women there. If you're not HARDCORE, don't work there.
Pros
Excellent benefits and paid vacations.
Cons
Hard work. Frustrated truckdrivers as customers. Mean women work there.
No accountability
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SCMarch 17, 2019
There's a lack of professionalism when it comes to management. No one is held accountable for consistently coming in late or not showing up at all. There is NO Teamwork! They take advantage of the employees who do what they are supposed to do. Management has a Do This Do That attitude towards employees. They sit in the office and do nothing for hours at a time, take a lunch break, and go right back to doing nothing until its time to go. And they make sure to leave list of things that need to be done, unless,
of course, they're too TIRED. In that case they'll just bark them off over the walkie-talkie. Upper management puts way too much focus on what the store looks like on paper when they should be correcting ongoing issues that have a impact on the employees and Customers. For example, the foul sewage smell that lingers throughout the entire store. Their hours and work week make it almost impossible to have a second job. Their 1st shift starts at 12AM midnight. And their work week starts on Wednesday. All in all, not a place you want to work long term. Good Luck!!!
Pros
I'm drawing a blank. Give me a second...
Cons
Let's see, poor management, lack of respect for other people's time, no accountability, no teamwork, lazy employees/management
My experience at working at Loves truck stop
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 17, 2019
I am still working for Loves, so i am unable to give which location. This is by far the worse place i have ever work for. They have NO regard for there employee's health. There is ALOT of favoritism in the store.
If u go to a manager with a problem? They are rude and blow it off.
They tell there employee's that they can climb that corporate ladder. But instead of giving promotions from within the store they hire from outside. Some with no experience at all in a truck stop or gas station. Not even customer experience.
Pros
Week vacation after 6 months
Cons
30 min lunch, favortism, there is No team work, no family feel, no appreciation
Official response from Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores
March 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. If you would like to give more information, please call our employee relations team at 1-800-388-0983 ext.8802.

Loves was laid back and a fun place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lee, FLMarch 17, 2019
As a crew memeber at Loves I enjoyed the work. It wasn’t to much and I meet a lot of new people. The manager was great, she worked well around others and understood that family was a person first priority.
A day at Loves
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianola, MSMarch 17, 2019
I worked on the Restaurant side of Love's. A typical day for us is a busy one. Making sure our customers are served quickly with fresh and hot food. I would say the hardest part is dealing with a difficult driver. The best part is seeing the customers happy and leaving with a smile.
Great company with many opportunites
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAMarch 17, 2019
A typical day starts at 6am walking the grounds making sure were at or above company standards I learned how to truly apprciate the businees as well as how to drive sales and create a great bond with my asscoiates
Pros
upselling meeting great people
Cons
little down time
Great summer job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKMarch 13, 2019
Had a really great time working at loves. The customers were always genuine and warm and reciprocated almost always my warmth. Learned a lot about time management. Great summer or starter job.
Pros
Lax environment, friendly staff and customers (in rural areas)
Cons
Occasional unpleasant tasks
fun place to work
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, INMarch 11, 2019
You meet all types of different people travelling since it's a truck stop. Fun people to work with. Regulars are amazing. management is outstanding,..
Love's tire shops
Truck Tire Care Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMarch 11, 2019
They di not promote from within unless you are related to someone higher up. they do not care for the employees the way they claim. they make empty promises to promote people only to blow them off the shift lead position has zero authority other than taking the blame for the managers not doing their jobs.
Pros
Cons
a company full of false promises
Official response from Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores
March 18, 2019

We take these experiences seriously and would like to learn more. Please call our employee relations team at 1-800-388-0983 ext.8802.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight