Lovelace Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hostile work environment
Womens GI (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 30, 2018
Very clique ish. If you are not in their clique they are downright mean. Dreaded going to work. The easiest and shortest assignment was given to the ones in the clique. The chosen ones didn't even converse with you.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Very snobby downright hateful nurses.
Stressful
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 10, 2018
Enjoyed the work and found it interesting. Co-workers were passionate about their jobs, and worked hard. Management was disappointing, and created an unpleasant environment.
Pros
Good co-workers and interesting work.
great place to work
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMarch 13, 2018
The culture at this company was supportive. It was a great place to learn and grow as a pharmacist. All staff was treated well with scheduling and compensation
Busy, fast paced healthcare system
House Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueMarch 8, 2018
As a clinician you can expect to work hard and utilize your skill set to improve patient outcomes in a fast paced, busy environment where unanticipated staffing challenges can arise. I learned to look for ways to improvise in times of these challenges and pull form a variety of available resources throughout the system with the goal of providing quality care at all times.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Expensive benefits
Not a bad place....
RN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2018
Upper management is more concerned with the numbers than the reality of the work, but the floor mgrs and unit DON get it. Lower level mgmt will get up and work the floor if needed. No pressure to work extra shifts, and if you choose to they will compensate you for it decently.

Great training opportunities, but you have to fit it in around your shifts. Hard to make changes here, people are entrenched in "the way we always do it". Lots of turmoil attempting to make a change but then mgmt seems to give up. This results in a lot of stress but very little outcome. Teamwork is pretty good, in general I think this hospital is on par with most.
Pros
Training, opportunities to learn, plenty of work available
Cons
Unnecessary stress and chaos
Team work
Operating Room Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 20, 2018
New employee orientation and start up program helps new employee's engage with fellow co-workers. Co-workers always pull together to provide the best care for patients.
Pros
Team work; Orientation
Management always caring and nice
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 5, 2018
The benefits offered were almost $200 per paycheck, that is not including dental, vision, and life insurance. A CNA with 3 years solid experience is started at 12.00 an hour. The labor of a CNA is very hard and heavy lifting. Majority of patients are obese these days, killing the backs of CNA's. Your lucky if a nurse is nice enough to help. Who wants to make a commitment to a hard labor job with little pay and expensive benefits.
Pros
Cons
no time for breaks, no teamwork, rude nurses, hard labor with little pay
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 30, 2018
Had a great supervisor the company had great PTO options and had great incentives for a really productive employee.I would recommend this company as a great place to work.
Great coworkers.
RN level 5 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 3, 2018
Nice mix of patient population and work environment. Cardiac emphasis with some surgical care and minimal trauma. Two different ICU's that staff rotated to.
Was good at first
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMDecember 28, 2017
I still am currently employed but administrators don't give a darn about employees. It's all about the money. I am full time employee scheduled 40 hours a week but the past 4 months I'll be lucky to get 30 hours a pay period. I get sent home constantly because not enough patients. Last week alone i worked 8 hours of my scheduled 40. Then continue to hire more staff when they can't give there current staff appropriate hours. How can anyone make a living with that. Plus I have to pay for insurance so my checks are basically nothing. Upper management is horrible. Try to talk to them and they won't take time to listen or mention concerns about hours and are told go find employment elsewhere. Floor staff for the most part are great. Just sucks when I've been there for nearly 10 years and they treat you like this. You get PTO ( I'm supposed to earn enough to take at least 30 days a year) but I had to use it all to try to make up for the hours I lost when I got sent home so no way to take a vacation. Very disappointed in this company... they don't care about you it's all about money...... wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to apply.... place has gone down hill terribly in the past 3-4 yrs. I stayed because hard to find a decent job in a rural area
Pros
Can't really say there are any...
Cons
Hours not guaranteed horrible management

Want to know more about Lovelace Health System?

Ask a question
Productive and fun work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 23, 2017
Lovelace, as a large hospital system in the greater Albuquerque area, provide multiple opportunities for a array of nursing positions. Nurse may work PT, FT or per diem.
Pros
includes both outpatient and inpatient care
Cons
There are no real cons for this employment
wonderful coworkers, bosses and patients are the best
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 20, 2017
Everyday is a different and fun filled day! The patients make every day a day worth while! Management is the best I have worked for in the Albuquerque area!
Work with repeat convicted felons!!!
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMDecember 20, 2017
Just run like the wind from this place!! Don't be surprised to learn that there are possibly many repeat convicted felons in this hospital. Run your own background checks if you are suspicious or experience strange behavior.That is bc when Lovelace HR runs a criminal background check they ONLY run the state of New Mexico and not a national data base or an FBI background on their permanent employees. If Lovelace in Albuquerque should ever decide to run a REAL background check on the employees, nationally and an FBI check they would need to replace the multi-state convicted felons with real healthcare professionals and this would help the hospital status into a true healthcare situation. The workplace culture the aroma of "all rejects of society welcome".
Pros
Learn to identify possible felons in healthcare management
Cons
Out in the middle of nowhere and it stinks like cow manure every single day
Great company to work for!
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 27, 2017
Lovelace is under the Ardent umbrella and is a great place to work. There is room for advancement if you chose to work your way up. I went for a clerk to a supervisor and enjoyed each department and hospital I worked for.
Lovelace Corporate
Senior/Lead Clinical Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 20, 2017
Lovelace's parent company was out of touch with the day to day of hospital life. Teams were painfully siloed regardless of how much we tried to bring teams together. Senior Corporate Leadership lacked professionalism, you could not express an opinion with out fear of retaliation.
Pros
great work mates
Cons
Leadership fosters a hostile work environment
Productive and close to where I lived
Surgical Tech/Patient Care Tech/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 6, 2017
A typical day of work was busy for me. I chose to be busy, I was being paid to keep my patient rooms stocked and made. I learned to be a Surgical Technician for Cesarean sections which was amazing and awesome. My manager at the time was a great supervisor. I appreciate all she did for me. So nice and kind! The hardest part of the job was accepting the fact that my fellow co-workers weren't willing to help me at first. And the most enjoyable part of the job was to be there for the patient and to see a life being born.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Fellow Surgical Technicians
Lovelace Medical Group
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 2, 2017
Data entry. I learned more on programs handled in the medical field. Management was handle great and communicated very clearly. Hardest part was the job was only a temporary and assignment ended.
It's okay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 27, 2017
The job is okay as long as you realize that no one cares. As in, the nurses don't care about patients, doctors don't care about nurses and the management don't care about anyone. Benefits are a joke for the healthcare industry (figured your healthplan would be good, but they pay for $500 a year for procedures)
Pros
Lots of PTO and everyday is new so never boring
Cons
The management, the co workers, and the benifits
Everyone is committed to the mission
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 24, 2017
I have been here 5 years and I have been impressed with how accessible leadership is. Unlike Big Red, our leaders are not in a Clique living by their own rules while enforcing different rules on the minions.
If you needs something, see something that needs to be changed or improved, follow your chain of command and it is taken care of.
I have had 2 Directors since I have been here they and I are still here and they are excellent.
Pros
Great leadership, excellent benefits
Cons
staffing shortages in exempt support roles lead to lots of extra hours at work
Challenging and a great p lace to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2017
I've worked for Lovelace for almost 14 years. That should say something in itself. This is an excellent company to work for. Great benefits, the staff is amazing to work with. You have the option to transfer to different departments to learn different skills. It's overall a great experience here.