Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
work status
Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 19, 2018
I was not there long enough to really know the company. They had good people working for them. There was no direction given by management. I was left to try to figure things out on my own.
Pros
good pay
Cons
non permanent position
LIFE SCIENCES TECHNICIAN 4 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 12, 2018
A great company with great people. Everyday is interesting and ever changing. Opportunities for advancement are there for the motivated individuals who are capable of seeing the forest for the trees at a ten-thousand foot view.
Great place to Work horrible environment.
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 27, 2018
Always got great performance reviews but was Laid off in one of their "sweeps". Put me in a new position without asking. Then they pulled the budget from my department so they couldn't pay me. cheapshot. You get to learn so much about the research side. loved working with the different types of animals. Life science techs (research side) are poorly trained. I've seen animal techs mistreat animals (not all, just one of the lead techs) they treat people like trash. Unless you're in one of the safe groups (PI's who bring in the funding). Or have your nose in someone's crack (you turn your head the other way or side with them when an issue arrives)don't expect to make a stable career here. BIG TIME MICROMANAGING. HR is horrible. They are not for the employees but for the company. If you complain about an actual issue, animal cruelty, being picked on, you're the problem. And then they figure a way to eliminate the problem (you), because you can't mess with their money, even if the some of the practices are unethical. I guess it just depends on ones moral values vs greed. But in all honesty you'll be underpaid and under appreciated. Watch Netflix Dirty Money Episode 1.
Pros
You learn a lot, you have a job, decent benefits
Cons
Unstable work environment. Trest employees like temps.
It was nice while it lasted
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 24, 2018
Was laid off unexpectedly after almost 20 years with the company. While I was there, it was a great place to work with great benefits and very interesting work.
Fast paced and great place to grow professionally
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2018
Fast paced and great place to grow professionally. I've been at Lovelace for many years and all experience i've gained I greatly value. Lovelace moves at a fast pace and any employee needs to be able to role with change
Relaxed yet determined environment
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 4, 2018
Lovelace (south campus) is a great place to start or advance your career. Lots of opportunity for growth! I feel confident that the skills I learned while at Lovelace will reward me for the rest of my career.
Pros
Sr. Management is awesome, family (tight-knit) environment, prestigious reputation, amazing benefits.
Cons
Long drive (south campus) every day, snakes outside sometimes, have to deal with Air Force base BS regularly.
Terrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 4, 2017
Horrible management, horrible work environment, unprofessional and HR is a mess. This is a very unprofessional work environment where folks complain about each other for no reason. Not worth the drama.
benefits
Cons
TERRIBLE management and HR
Great Scientific Minds
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 28, 2017
Aerosol Respiratory and Dosimetry Program at LRRI staff scientist
Aerosol Scientist, Study Director and Supervisor
IACUC member
Infectious Diseases Committee
Biological Safety Level-3 Committee.
Visiting scientist at the Research Center for Toxicology and Hygienic Regulation of Biopreparations
Good work
Structual Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 11, 2017
Busy days, many standards and policies to learn. Micromanagement am very little support, unhappy people walking around. Tough to be supportive of management. Nice benefits
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
This company listens to employees
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2017
Outstanding leadership. Bi-weekly conference call details accomplishments, and supervisor always inquires, if I need anything to make my job easier.
Supervisor makes a site visit, at least once a year, and she is always available via telephone calls.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Travel funds
Don't work here...if you have experience
Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 21, 2017
An okay place to work to get feet your foot in the door for research. They'll hire you even if you don't have any experience. The pay however is quite low and moral is very very low.
Just a job.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 25, 2017
LLRI was a decent place to work at. The staff was very kind but it was not for me. Everyone was divided by their individual departments. They also test on many animals including dogs. The dogs never get to experience a life outside of the secure facility.
Pros
Great holiday bonus.
Cons
They kill animals.
Unstable Environment
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 13, 2017
The company struggles with maintaining a healthy business model while playing favorites to individuals who are well-liked by upper management. Not an ideal option for individuals seeking long-term employment.
Good
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 5, 2017
LRRI offered opportunities for advancement and reimbursement for education (must meet specific requirements). LRRI does offer many learning experiences and the benefits are nice. High paced, stressful environment requires the ability to adapt quickly.
Pros
Retirement benefits
Cons
Job security
Unethical Illicit Behavior
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 24, 2017
This place truly is a disaster waiting to happen. The Upper Management is corrupt and unethical. They know the research they do there is totally inadequate. They don't fix their equipment, and who needs hot water? Fuctioning heat or air conditioning is a lot to ask for. Just continue going through the motions so they can get more government funding! Anyone bright enough to question the illicit activity (or need for hot water sanitation) need not apply, because you'll be fired and replaced with cheap student labor if you dare speak up. Also, they retaliate maliciously if they don't like you especially. Animal escapes, violations, fines.... Don't work here if you're a sincere person. They don't want you.
Pros
If I think of any I'll let you know.
Cons
Unethical Management, No respect for science, No regard for employees, Always cutting costs, dangerous environment, disregard for public saftey
Sr. Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 9, 2016
Productive important work. Important work for humanity. Super fast busy every day. The future depend on this type of company to provide research for caner and respiratory disease.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Far from my home
An Exciting and very active company to work for.
Environmental Safety & Health (ES&H) Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 4, 2016
I was able to excel and exceed in updating the safety program with the full support of the administration. I had an outstanding crew of safety professionals working for me as well as great working relationships with the science staff, facilities maintenance and technicians throughout the company.
Pros
Freedom to expand the safety program
Cons
travel distance from work to home
Fast paced but fun environment
Sr. Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2016
Frequent meeting to pass on information for various studies. Supportive management.
Coworkers willing to share their skills and train others.
fun work place
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 1, 2016
The people where fun to work with, although I did not like seeing the animals in pain. But otherwise that was my job and that was to bring them back to heath.
Good benefits and pay, unfocused management
Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2015
Company provides good pay and benefits. Technicians are highly undervalued and have little job security. Recent management turnover has left the company like a ship without a sail, treatment of technicians largely unprofessional. Human Resources department nearly all new but treat all employees fairly and honestly.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Little job security, no understanding by management that technicians have a life outside of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute Reviews by Location