Lovelace Westside Hospital Employee Reviews

Small footprint opportunity
Sterile Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 7, 2018
Lovelace Westside is like working for family! Very small hospital were everybody pretty much knows everybody. The time I was employed there was some sort of an doctor/insurance impasse. The overall work load dropped to a point that it was hard to make a living. 2013
An excellent small community hospital.
Clinical Educator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 12, 2017
Lovelace Westside Hospital is a community hospital that is both growing and thriving. It is a small hospital with a "can do" attitude. It is the people that work at the facility that make the difference.
Great working invironment
Data Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 3, 2017
This company is one of the best I've worked for. They are are a professional laid back culture. Everyone is treated as a friend as soon as you walk through the door, whether you're a patient or an employee. The staff seem so happy and work hard to meet all the needs of every customer.
Ok place to work
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 13, 2017
The shift I worked was a strong team and the the night shift was great. I learned great skills being on my own. The experience of working nights was great.
I would recommend. Great place to work
SURGERY REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 2, 2017
Loved working there. Everyone was kind to each other. We kept each other smiling. Great teamwork. We all felt like family. I'd go back in a moment. Loved working there.
Happy place with happy people.
RN (Current Employee) –  Med/SurgJuly 18, 2017
I love working at Lovelace Westside. Everyone gets along- there are no problems. Management is pretty good and they look out for your well being. There are incentives like Isotopes tickets and HR does a lot of employee appreciation things like candy and popsicles. We even have drawings for free PTO or a small amount of money. People are recognized for a good job with boards and displays of the healthcare hero flyers. I love the people I work with!
Pros
Good people, make your own schedule
Cons
Flex often, little consistency on patient load throughout the week
Overall a good place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 20, 2017
My co-workers were great, management needs to communicate real expectations to new employees. There were more cancellations than expected and floating to areas outside my usual area .
Goal setters
ED/OP Coder/auditor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2017
Our team there were so professional and great to work with. We made a difference in everyone's life from ER to patient rooms and Dietary great cooks, physicians and nurse. Our Human Resource team were awesome. We all became a big family.
Pros
helped each other achieve our goals
Cons
Having to leave was hard for anyone
Great culture
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 8, 2015
Having worked at Westside Hospital for almost 25 years I can say that the culture here is really great. Westside is a small facility with about 80 beds, a busy emergency room and a labor and delivery unit. You don't have to work here very long to feel as though you part of a family rather than just an employee. Westside has earned recognition as a top 100 workplace.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Really can't think of any
An environment that i can grow skillfully.
Volunteer Services in the ER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be arriving on time and working in an uplifting and positive environment. I am always up to learning new things and love a new challenge. I am a team player who gives quality work and likes to leave work knowing I exceeded in doing my best.
Great learning experience
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 5, 2015
As a new grad, learned tremendously about acute rehab and many various diagnoses. Nurses, PTs, techs, and doctors were all ready to teach, wonderful environment.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
administration
Labor and Delivery RN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2015
I liked working at Lovelace Hospital. Most people are easy to work with. The manager I work with tries to support the staff. New rules for the National Standards of care have come out in the last few years, and there are no longer two labor and delivery nurses on duty at all times which makes it hard because the labor and delivery nurse must care for all the labor patients and the postpartum nurses are not trained in labor so if there is an emergency you are kind of on your own.
Nice place to work with great employees
Staff Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at Lovelace Westside Hospital mostly because of the employees I worked with. Everyone was nice and most of them were team players. There was alot of problems with management and nursing. The patients were the best part. I always enjoyed talking with them while doing their therapy. The only thing I didnt care for was working alone when it was real busy. We only had one therapist a shift to cover the entire hospital, ie.. ER, ICU, Peds, Floors. L and D, and any outpatients that arrived for holter monitors.
Fun but strict environment to work in
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2015
Lovelace was a fun place to work where mostly everyone got along and was caring and out going. My work day consisted of registering Emergency patients. The nursed and doctors on the night shift where very positive and encouraging with a no nonsense kind of attitude. With Lovelace they have a very stict collection policy. At times this policy did make it difficult to work and enjoy your job and have the desire to help people. However it was mandatory for us to collect on all patient that owed anything for the current visit or past visits. My co-workers made this job very enjoyable and fun through the worst of time and the best of times.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
very strict collections policy
Future is not too bright.
Tech. (Current Employee) –  West Mesa, Albuquerque,NMApril 12, 2013
It is pretty hard to run a hospital without doctors. Abq Health parteners has by contract seperated themselves from Lovelace Hospitals and the Lovelace insurance. I understand many employees are being flexed or censused and not being able to hit a full work week. This problem is evident through out the Lovelace system. (Main, Women's, and Westside)
Pros
great small hospital that has a small town feel. great people.
Cons
short on hours and no real direction on the future.
Productive place to work at
Lovelace Westside Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2013
A typical day of me working consisted of me taking inventory and stocking. I learned a great deal of the medical devices used in hospitals. My co-workers were really nice people and generous.