Low Income Housing Institute Employee Reviews

Growth
Director of Housing Management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2018
During my 9.5 years at the Low Income Housing Institute, I witnessed the portfolio grow at a very rapid rate.
That was great for the mission but meant i spent a large minority of my time on hiring and other personel issues.
Pros
Dynamic
Cons
Easy to burn out there
Understaffed but great mission
JVC Northwest AmeriCorps Member (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2018
This organization is horribly understaffed so management expects a lot of commitment from you. Truly trying to make a difference in the housing crisis.
Unethical, Overworked Staff and Poor Leadership
Main office staff (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2018
Do not work here if you have values. Main office is disconnected from rest of staff. HR is ineffective and leadership team (ED and CFO) have questionable practices around affordable housing. ED encourages staff burnout through overworking non-unionized employees. Expectation to work evenings and weekends after working all day. Leadership is completely disconnected from realities that their staff is facing. Operates on a "lean" model which really moves overworked, underpaid and exhausted staff members.
Pros
Nice people who care about mission
Cons
Leadership (ED and CFO) are completely disconnected from staff, Leadership needs to be open to change and create an enjoyable culture, not one motivated by fear or loss of job if you don't comply
Steady work with medium work load
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJanuary 29, 2018
Great place to work. Easy paced and plenty of time to get done what needed to get done.
they were flexible on start times and found that very accommodating.
Pros
easy work load
Cons
bed bugs, head lice. Really had to be careful not to catch something that the tenants had.
Enjoyable place to work
Housing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for LIHI. It was a hard decision when Ineeded to relocate. I am currently wanting to move back to the Tacoma area and hoping to work again with LIHI>
Pros
Co-Workers
Beware
Duped (Former Employee) –  Anywhere, WADecember 14, 2017
Historical mismanagement, and unethical/ineffective work practices jeopardizes health and welfare of the clients and staff. Management is utterly clueless and staff is afraid to speak up... Union collects dues and does nothing. Employees jumping ship as quickly as possible.
Cons
Too many to list.
Great place to work, nice coworkers
Housing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2017
Very inspiring place to work! Great People to work with! Wonderful place for people in case management or property management backgrounds to work. Main office staff are all very nice. Great leadership! Wages are as expected in nonprofit work. Have to learn on your own or have previous experience or luck out with a good trainer.
Pros
Personal Reward from Helping Others In Need
Cons
Not many
horrible
accountant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 30, 2016
overall not great culture if you come from a big company. CFO screams at people. No one wants to tell the union. Everyone takes on the burden of being overworked with little pay.
Pros
small
Cons
company backbiting
Fun place to work. Family environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2016
Fun place to work. Fun family environment. Work hard and play hard.Typical property management job. Do the work and you will be rewarded.
Pros
Leave
Cons
Pay
front desk
Front Desk/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  seattle waJuly 27, 2015
This company could ran better and have more respectful to staff. The day staff has not respaect for night staff. I really like this job but it could be better.
A Building that Provides Outside Entertainment
Monitor resident (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98104August 1, 2013
My typicla work day is usally quiet and low activity because I work the grave yard shift. My learning process is how to manage mental ill clients on a daily bases. Low involved with management because my schedule dosen't reflect around their work hours. I support all my co-works in helping develop a positive working envioronment. I'm perficient and very professional within my job position. I enjoy help individuals that have mental challenges.