Low T Center Employee Reviews

Not a place you want to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 5, 2018
The CEO doesn't care about the patients
They just care about how much money they bring in regardless how the patients and employees are affected.
Things are not good there and things are not changing for the better, just worse.
It was okay
Client Account Manager/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2018
The last manager I worked under was wonderful, however, the previous manager wasn't very good at all. He was a sweet guy, but the office is small and the girls in the back can be cut-throat and competitive, leaving the CAM's at the front feeling left out. Again, the last manager and team I worked with was fantastic, but for the pay, I couldn't continue to stay... Good company, overall!
Pros
hour lunch, good benefits, small comapny
Cons
can be lonely, low pay for the area
Very fast paced and easy going routine work
Testosterone Center Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Very fast paced and easy going. I actually enjoyed interacting with patients and other staff members. Not many opportunities for advancement within the company for mid-level providers.
fast paced, super flexible hours.
Medical Assistant/ CAM (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I have worked for Low T for 3+ years and have always enjoyed coming to work. The corporate office has always been so nice and accommodating towards my needs as life changes happen. As long as you have a good team at your center, you will enjoy your job. I have always been able to take time off when I needed too. If you like fast past and competitive work, then this is the job for you. It is not like any other doctors office, we treat every patient perfectly and get them in and out as fast as possible.
Pros
pay, co-workers, fast paced environment
benefits
Fast pace, competitive work, easy, flexible schedule
Medical Assitant (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I have worked for this company for 15 months at several locations per my request. The corporate office has been extremely accommodating to my life changes and needs with flexible schedules. Anytime I have needed any time off for vacations or appointments they have worked with me with no issues. It is one of the highest paying medical assisting jobs in the DFW area with the least amount of duties. The work environment is a fun, energetic atmosphere that I would refer any colleague, friend or family to. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my supervisors and co-workers and I’m excited to see what the future has in store for my career and this company.
Pros
Patients, Friendly Staff, Competitive Pay
Cons
No room for advancement
Fast- paced job, flexible schedule and very fun environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my career as a medical assistant with Low T Center Alliance. The management is great. The flexibility is a plus. Our Center director is very genuine and truly cares for his employees. I love the positive, high-energy environment. The pay is far better than any other company I applied for. I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary and don't see myself leaving any time soon!
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly environment, accommodating
Cons
lack of advancement within the company
Do not work at Low T Center
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXDecember 20, 2017
Management is disorganized and there's no communication what so ever. They expect you to how there infrastructure works right out of blue. Word goes from one ear to another without any notification.
Pros
Pay; and the coworkers are great.
Cons
Everything else and management.
Not a long term job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2017
The start off pay was good. The supposed benefit package sounded good but some how I wasn't eligible for them. I was a float but didn't start receiving travel pay until a month before I was laid off. My last 2 months I worked 50hrs a week straight. Long story short I got the short end of the stick.
Low T has been good for me.
Laboratory Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXOctober 24, 2017
Low T has been a great company to work for. I’ve learned a lot, and am appreciative for all of the opportunities I’ve had fall into my lap thanks to them.
nice place to work
CCMA (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
was a great place to work, people were great and fun. loved getting the overtime and the experience i did. loved my boss and co workers as well, my clients were great too, they were so nice and thoughtful.
Pros
got alot of hours overtime
Cons
didn't really get a lunch break some days
Too demanding schedule and hours
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
If you are going to apply here have a medium and long term plan. Only use this job as a bandaid paycheck prior to getting to a real balanced job.

The benefits and PTO package is very poor.
Only 10 days of PTO per year, this includes CME.
There is no 401k or pension plan.

Over 60 hour work week. Including every Saturday.
When you factor in signing notes and supervising employees.
Do not let the company fool you by saying its "44 hours a week + some Saturdays". That is not true. Be prepared to turn off your family balance.

Some providers make 110k others make 230k.
Very wide range, which can be good and bad

Only a 30 minute lunch. Advise your immediate family to not have any emergencies as you are the only person working.

Do not expect your supervising Md to actually help you see patients.
It's a miracle if they even come in to do the required monthly face to face.
Pros
Treating patients
Cons
Poor Benefits, No PTO, Long Hours, No corporate support
drama and unethical
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Dramatic workplace. Very difficult management. This company over charges the patients 62.50 every January even if the copay is supposed to be 20 dollars. They send out emails from management saying they will not lose money in January so overcharge patient. Billing department barks out things to do, then is no where to be found when the patient has concerns about his balance or copay. Unethical. Difficult to work at. No sick leave, little pto, poor benefits.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
drama, billing, unethical
Dont work here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 19, 2017
I was a medical assistant. The staff were dramatic. The billing was not on the ball it messed up patients payments all the time. The CAM at wesminister thought she controlled every clinic and told you what to do, even it it didnt benifit your clinic and they didnt have have a good technique when giving shots. The staff wouldnt show up on time, they had one person working sathrdays front and back, and got made if u got overtime. U didnt know ur day off and they changed ur scheduke whenever they wanted. They threatened they wud move u to part time. N they bad a new girl at the vreenwood village location working in the front who was very rude. It was not a fun place to be. And the managers were the PAs and didnt know how to run the clinic.
Pros
Hour lunch, uniform, pay, pto, insurance, the job duties
Cons
Hours, managment, staff
The definition of team building
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 9, 2017
I didn't have much phlebotomy training but my coworkers were able to help me relearn this skill. We won't let you on your own until we are sure that you won't fail. Management is excellent, our PA works with your schedule and is very understating that life is unpredictable and things happen. Most of the MA's are in college so our manager does work with your schedule. Honestly, I cannot think of the hardest part of being MA. We are cross trained with front desk, just in case our CAM can't come in that day or she has marketing to do. You MUST be quick on your feet and keep up with our fast-pace days. Other than that, it does not feel like a job to me. It feels like I am hanging out with friends all day. Just giving shots, taking blood, and the occasional therapeutic phlebotomy. You must be efficient on all these.
Pros
Job Security, Patients, Coworkers, Working Environment, Management
Cons
Staggered Lunches
Not a healthy work environment
Office Manager/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2017
No work life balance. Management was hard to speak with or would reject new ideas on to better the company. Very disorganized and was growing too quickly.
Hourly Position Mid Level Provider
medical provider (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 31, 2017
Beware

This is not a salary position. this is an hourly job
there is a set schedule which there is no deviation allowed.
If your boss is sick and you cover 8 of his hours then the following day you leave 30 mins early you will have 30 mins of pto taken away. if you do not have pto then you will have salary deducted.

the benefits of this company are 10 days of total pto per year.
zero days for cme pto.

you will work every saturday
with note completion this is a 65 hour a week job.
you are only paid for 40 hrs.
Cons
no pto, no benefits, no life balance
Terrible and huge waste of time!
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 26, 2017
I would not recommend wasting your time with this company. It is seriously a joke and you learn nothing. The hours are terrible, and client account managers are treated terribly. It may not be like this at every location but the MAs seem to gang up on the CAMs and treat them horribly. Other CAMs I had spoke with felt the same way. Honestly, the company needs to get some management at the center and seriously monitor and manage it. Operations would run so much better with a proper leader! It's not worth it to work here, trust me there are so many other better jobs out there where you are respected and treated kindly. I regret my time here and wish I would have left sooner. I do not recommend anyone I know to work here or go here after what I experienced.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, disrespect, rude co workers
Great place to work!
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TX 76034March 14, 2017
LowT center is such a fun place to be employed! Management makes sure they take care of their employees. With that being said, I only experienced one center director that I didn't like, and that ultimately cost me this wonderful job. :(
Training was very thorough. Traveling time can be an issue for morning or evening commutes but once you get to the center you will forget about the drive.
Fun, Productive, work environment
Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 13, 2017
I started out at Low T Center while I was still going to Medical school, I went for a interview as a front desk and walked out with a job for medical assisting. I was super thrilled and was lucky to be able to start out my medical career with a company that actually help you grow as a individual and within the company. I was able to transfer locations from Southlake Texas to Hendersonville TN, then to Brentwood TN. They are always willing to work with you on working and relocating which is great. The benefits are great and the hours are good for family life as well. There is not a complaint about working with the Low T Center, I would gladly go back anytime.
No support from middle to upper management
Client Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2017
I entered this position with some high hopes. Unfortunately, those were dashed really quickly. I'm supposed to manage my center's clients' accounts, but I've found out that I can't actually access about 30% of those accounts for various corporate reasons. And if I have issues or questions, I receive no answer. For example, last week I sent out 17 emails to corporate billing, and received no replies. None.
The center manager is an obsessive, extremely controlling man with some anger control issues. At times, it is so prominent, the clients notice and the staff all agrees he should seek medical attention.
I would recommend this position only to someone who has very little ambition and is more automaton than independent thinker. Trust me, you'll be much happier.
Pros
The MA's really are great people. Very good relationships can be found there.
Cons
No breaks except lunch, Fairly long days, and a few Saturdays mixed in. It made for poor life/family balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Low T Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8