Low T Center Employee Reviews

Save yourself the Time
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 8, 2019
Do yourself a favor and RUN AWAY! Far away! They are the most insecure company that will walk all over you, scream curse and yell at you for not getting your job done fast enough.
Very poor
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2019
It’s basically a Hooters for phlebotomist. If you’re not the sports illustrated cover type of woman you won’t last long out there if you even get hired.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything, but the pay
Poor upper management, favoritism, overworked, drama
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2019
I initially had an awesome, very fair center director. But the work environment is often toxic, for various reasons. It’s insanely stressful. Some people behave as though they are a lead, which doesn’t exist. You would like to think that even the providers or director would know how to define the lines between being friends with their employees and being professional... but that’s definitely not the case..
The hours make it a challenge for parents because they aren’t just normal “8-5”. One day they stay open until 7, one day they open at 7, two days they open at 8, other days open at 8:30. Just for Testo shots. It wreaks havoc on a schedule with children. The patients can be so aggressive when it comes to their payments and copays. Corporate constantly sends directions as to what to tell the patients about why their prices are constantly changing but it’s useless. They raise their voices, have become insulting and belligerent, and so rude. And no one is there to stick up for you. The providers hide in their office and send us out there alone. It’s unbelievable. And these patients—would these men allow someone to s peak to their families that way?? But does corporate even care?? Nope.
Have had to work through lunch many, many, many times, not getting a break during long days, while the providers ALWAYS get lunch hour no matter what. They are very aware that WE are arent entitled to our lunchtime breaks if we are short staffed...but that doesn’t stop them from having theirs. There is no advancement. I don’t even agree with the idea of testosterone shots and their side affects.
  more... I see the long-term results in patients and it’s definitely concerning. I’m SO over all of the nonsense I’ve endured with this company.  less
Pros
Pay, company insurance (even though it’s expensive )
Cons
Corporate is a joke, employee drama, provider favoritism, no breaks sometimes, aggressive patients, no advancement, long hours
What a joke.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2019
This company has to be the WORST company I have ever worked for. The company itself is a money scam as testosterone levels are checked at a primary care doctors office (no need for additional fees)...
The manager at the chicago and westmont location is degrading and will talk down to you as if you are simply just the help. There is no job security or room for advancement. Stay far away from this company as other places will treat you better and pay you fairly.
Pros
Lunch Break
Awesome work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 13, 2019
I believe that we have an awesome team here. Everyone gets along and it feels like family. I’ve enjoyed working for this company. There are always goals to meet and with the team we have here the goals are fun to achieve, corporate rewards you which makes the goal even better. I’ve had an opportunity to grow in this work field with the help of everyone throughout this company. The training process goes in-depth to make sure you are able to perform professionally. I highly recommend working for the Low T Center if the opportunity is available for you.
Horrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2019
When I first started, I loved it. Most of the employees are great. Some are lazy and not helpful. They need a new center director, the current one plays favorites. They cut everyone's hours except the receptionist who is no help and not to mention gets special treatment. The center direct is often on his phone while patients are waiting on him. They claim they want to start all this extra stuff but no training on it. They are advertising over time pay on Saturdays which is bull they cant even give us more than 30 hrs a week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything but the pay
Job is easy and can be fun if less drama and rules applied to everyone
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 4, 2019
I’ve been working for Low T for over 4 years and have witnessed so many shady and drama-filled events. Instead of directly firing employees, low t finds the replacement first and then fires them. This process can take months. Currently, management is horrible and favors certain employees. There is a nurse who has dated multiple patients, goes out to eat with them during the work day, is a bully and has had multiple complaints reported to corporate against her including the patient names she has relations with but corporate has done nothing. I was told (nothing in writing) corporate heard me gossiping in front of a patient from the audio through the cameras but when I asked the IT person who set up the cameras and worked for low t for years until recently, I was informed there is no audio at any of the centers. I’ve witnessed good, hard working employees quit because of management. Saturday crew is amazing even though we work short staffed. If it wasn’t for them I would have quit a long time ago. It can be a very enjoyable job if the same rules applied to everyone. The pay is nice for a office job as a lpn. I obtained my RN while working part time here. Perfect job for someone looking for part time work to get them through school.
You are valued!!!
Medical Assistant & Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 29, 2019
The Low T Center truly VALUES their employees as well as being very patient. There is room for advancement in the company as well as raises. Due to life situations , I had to resign but I would work for this amazing company again in a heart beat!
Pros
Positive and fun work environment, great management, great pay
Waste of time
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 31, 2018
This overall company was a complete mess. All that was discussed during the interview completely changes once your hired. Prior to hiring, you have to go through training courses to get your desired salary and pretty much everything changes at that point. I felt like I had to teach myself just by watching a video. Overall poor lack of communication, poor management, and just the workplace culture was a HUGE dissapointment.
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication
Low T is a wonderful company
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville TnOctober 7, 2018
I have nothing to say cross about the company but they are changing rapidly and are becoming lost in the mission to take care of the patient at first they were patient driven now it’s all money
Pros
Caring for patients
Great employer
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Outstanding opportunity with a great chance for growth and development as an autonomous leader with management experience and readily available physician support as well as ancillary support.
Not a good place to work, I wouldn't even get started here
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 25, 2018
This company is the most unorganized mess I have ever worked for. They implement new procedures and tell you the day before expecting you to know how to do it from watching a video. Zero communication. Lazy employees get rewarded. Nobody is held accountable for anything. No training whatsoever you pretty much have to learn everything for yourself. There are very few helpful people at the corporate level. Always short staffed, always. They will schedule you for 40 hours and you will work 50 plus. Promise always to hire more people but never do. I have worked here for 6 months and it has only gotten worse. The only good thing about this job is the pay.
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor Management
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2018
The manager of the center is terrible at making you feel welcomed. There is no job security and really no guarantee on hours. The job description makes it seem fun and relaxed. After abut a month it is stressful and the manager and other employees talk poorly about you.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
terrible management
Nope
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
This organization is not worth your time to work for. They do not follow their mission. They do not stand by their employees. They do not honor anything after hiring.
Pros
N/a
Na
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist/Front Desk/CAM (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2018
Mon-Wed its pretty chill, not too many patients. Maybe 60-70.

don't get use to sitting down on fridays & saturdays, those are th busiest seeing about 100+
Not a place you want to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 5, 2018
The CEO doesn't care about the patients
They just care about how much money they bring in regardless how the patients and employees are affected.
Things are not good there and things are not changing for the better, just worse.
It was okay
Client Account Manager/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2018
The last manager I worked under was wonderful, however, the previous manager wasn't very good at all. He was a sweet guy, but the office is small and the girls in the back can be cut-throat and competitive, leaving the CAM's at the front feeling left out. Again, the last manager and team I worked with was fantastic, but for the pay, I couldn't continue to stay... Good company, overall!
Pros
hour lunch, good benefits, small comapny
Cons
can be lonely, low pay for the area
Very fast paced and easy going routine work
Testosterone Center Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Very fast paced and easy going. I actually enjoyed interacting with patients and other staff members. Not many opportunities for advancement within the company for mid-level providers.
fast paced, super flexible hours.
Medical Assistant/ CAM (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I have worked for Low T for 3+ years and have always enjoyed coming to work. The corporate office has always been so nice and accommodating towards my needs as life changes happen. As long as you have a good team at your center, you will enjoy your job. I have always been able to take time off when I needed too. If you like fast past and competitive work, then this is the job for you. It is not like any other doctors office, we treat every patient perfectly and get them in and out as fast as possible.
Pros
pay, co-workers, fast paced environment
benefits
Fast pace, competitive work, easy, flexible schedule
Medical Assitant (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I have worked for this company for 15 months at several locations per my request. The corporate office has been extremely accommodating to my life changes and needs with flexible schedules. Anytime I have needed any time off for vacations or appointments they have worked with me with no issues. It is one of the highest paying medical assisting jobs in the DFW area with the least amount of duties. The work environment is a fun, energetic atmosphere that I would refer any colleague, friend or family to. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my supervisors and co-workers and I’m excited to see what the future has in store for my career and this company.
Pros
Patients, Friendly Staff, Competitive Pay
Cons
No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Low T Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7